Hughston Clinic Employee Reviews

Good place to work is you like a steady schedule
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 17, 2016
It is a good place to work if you like a steady work schedule but not one bad thing is that overtime is not allowed. I wish overtime was allowed to all employees
Very productive place to work! Warm and Family like atmosphere!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cordele,GaJuly 14, 2015
I was a Medical Assistant for the Clinic many years ago. I learned so much from all present at the clinic from the office staff to the Wonderful Physicians who helped mold me into the medical assistant I am today. The company is simply the best, there Physicians are top notch and are always there to teach those who are truly willing to learn. They believe in commitment and hard work. Doing things right the first time around. If that's what you believe in then you will fit in great with the Hughston Clinic Family!
Pros
Top company room for advancement
Cons
Hard Work
The best group of outstanding Ortho physicians to work with,
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 11, 2016
Co-workers work together as a team, supportive group that is also considered a second family, positive patient outcomes
I learned so much in time at Hughston Clinic.
Account Rep and Appointment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 30, 2012
A typical work day consisted of a work flow of answering mult-phone lines, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance benefits and coverage, talking with insurance companies, making sure the doctor's schedule and templates were correct, and if neccessary rescheduling patients if doctor was called away for an emergency. The management team was good and my co-workers were great team players. The hardest part of the job was when the company started down-sizing. The most enjoyable was helping patients.
Pros
we had catered lunch everyday and at times got to meet real famous people
it was a part time job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  cobb medical park Phenix city AlDecember 3, 2013
I input patient information into the computer, greeted patients, answered phones, made appointments, took payments, balanced the payments, updated the patients information when needed, filed charts, collected xrays and test results. I learned that I enjoyed the medical field. It was the small office in Phenix city when they were there, so the only person in management was the office manager. The job was not hard unless waiting on the Doctors was it.
Fast paced clinical work for a hand and elbow surgeon
Dr. David Rehak- LPN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 13, 2013
I started my day by checking Dr. Rehak's schedule and making sure all test results were in the patient charts before starting our day. We had a very busy schedule and it was important to assist in getting patients into called from waiting room and keep Dr. Rehak directed to the correct patient in the order they were to be seen. I ordered test and wrote prescriptions as ordered and assisted patients to check out. I gave cortisone injections or any other treatment as directed by the Dr. We traveled by company airplane every Friday to satellite offices in Valdosta and Cordele, Georgia to see patients in clinics there.
Pros
fast paced schedule which made the day go by quickly
Cons
sometimes i would not get lunch due to busy schedule and would eat at my desk
Excellent work environment
Radiologic Technologist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GaOctober 28, 2013
Loved this position and wish I had never left. Excellent doctors and staff. Good benefits. Lots of time off and long lunch breaks. Very busy office but little overtime.
Pros
long lunches and off time
Cons
very busy
Productive and fun workplace
Intake Registrar (Current Employee) –  Auburn,ALJune 13, 2012
A typical day at work consists of answering phones, faxing orders,pre-certing order from doctors online through different insurance carriers such as: BCBS, Tricare,Cigna,United Healthcare and other insurances,filing paperwork,scheduling MRIs,CATSCANs, Bone Scans and any other test ordered by doctors. I also enter patients information such as; medications, PCP, Surgeries, and medical history into a medical system called Athena. I take patients vitals and records those as well.I pull MRI reports from different facilities as well as fax MRI reports.
Pros
free lunches from drug representatives
Cons
short breaks
management
N/A (Current Employee) –  columbusDecember 19, 2012
I learned a lot while at Hughston, but their management, and HR department need to change how they do things. they wrongfully terminate employees, and have no sense of compassion.
Excellent place to work in Columbus, GA a
Reimbursement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 27, 2013
A typical day at work starts off quiet as I get there before most, when the sun comes up and everyone gets moving everything gets at warp speed, patients are calling with questions, insurance compainies are denying claims and your supervisor is asking you to help on a special project. I stop take a breath and handle each one. The patient always comes first I get them taken care of, then I move on to getting the insurance company what they need to process my claims and in the mix of that gladly accept the new challenge of my supervisor. The hardest part of my job is there is not enough hours in the day to get everything done when I want it done, some call that job secuirty I call that what needs to be done first the next day. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I love what I do, I have worked really hard to get where I am at and I want to continue to move up the corporate ladder. I love working with people that want to work that want to help others. We know the insurance they do not so we help them get problems solved so they can continue to heal and become whole again.
Pros
i can set my hours around my school schedule and childrens schedule
Cons
there is really no room for me to advance
Medical Receptionist/Physical therapy department (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 4, 2013
learned a lot about insurance. good managemet and the co-workers
were like family. hardest part was see some patient's in so much pain. the most enjoyabe part of the job is when the healing process was done and the patient was very please with his/her surgery results.
Pros
the best hospital food i have ever eaten.
Cons
see patient's in so much pain after surgery.
Enjoyed working here.
Office Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 25, 2014
• Performed general administrative tasks. Great phone and person –to person skills. Took messages, greeted patients, placed orders for offices supplies, responsible for doctors schedule, precert all surgeries and tests, credentialing
Pros
enjoyed working there
Cons
long work days
n/a
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 13, 2014
Great place to work. I enjoy my job and my co worker. my days aren't stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hughston Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4