HUGO BOSS Employee Reviews

productive and nice place
Sample Maker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2017
My work for HUGO BOSS was very nice.The management can make work productive without stressful situations. The time was friendly and supporting in everything. I had an opportunity to work with double face fabric and use different kind of sewing equipment.
Pros
free snaks
Cons
short breacks
Take this job as a stepping stone
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CASeptember 25, 2017
The Hugo Boss brand culture is amazing, I definitely agreed with many of the core values that the brand portrays. During my time at Hugo Boss, it had some ups but a lot of downs. For management you are pressured to meet last minute deadlines and there is inconsistency with communication. I'm sure it depends on your Store Manager, but mine had an interesting way of handling things, and not interesting in a good way. My store manager hired my assistant, and she was terrible. I voiced my concerns and he pretended to 'listen' but for some miracle she still kept her job even though she was late every single day, and for some reason couldn't handle herself professionally. The pay for the assistant store manager was very poor (13.50$) and 'commission based' as well, but that's ridiculous because upper management didn't want you to be selling if you were a manager.
Pros
Paid time off/sick days/employee discount is 60%off
Cons
Upper management/terrible pay/inconsistency
Challenging and competitive
Assistant Store Manager (GM in-waiting) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Good place to work, competitive and fashionable workplace. Commission environment, with mid luxury brand that is well recognized in the fashion world both in states and globally.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2017
Loved working with men and helping them pick out their work attire. One of my favorite jobs I've ever had. My first manager was great and promoted me right away.
Pros
Co workers, salary, benefits
Cons
Hours
Boss
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
This position has good benefits and was flexible with scheduling. It provided a uniform allowance many years ago in order to provide live marketing to customers. Unfortunately, now it is a standard uniform for all employees.
Exciting place to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara County, CAJuly 5, 2017
I really liked working for a big company like Hugo Boss not only I learned a lot but I got to work at a place where I wanted. Fashion is my statement and everyone at the management treats you like family.
Pros
working with fashion
Cons
folding a lot of clothes
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
Fun and Interesting Atmosphere, dealt with fashion industry, models, showcases for new collections, dealt with the models and the showroom when market opened.

Office Assistant, Receptionist
good place
Packer ,Receiver (Current Employee) –  Midway, GAJune 18, 2017
It was a good place just don't go through the temp agency because they lay you off for 2 or 3 weeks then call you back that is so aggravating because if you're going to work someone temp at least do it for a month or so straight not start them one week and lay them off the next
Great place to work, especially for young adults.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 12, 2017
Perfect place if you like Fashion!!!!
Getting to meet lot's of interesting people and help them to change their style image.
Management is not bad, it depence of the manager in charge.
Overall the company culture is great, always stand by employees rights.
Pros
Free suits
Cons
have to work holidays and weekends ..
Overall, a great experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 24, 2017
I work as a sales associate for Hugo Boss in an outlet mall. Currently however, I do not find the job as enjoyable as it could be due to certain management level employee's playing favoritism and being hypocritical. The job is a great experience if you like helping people as I enjoy not only being able to provide service to people, but also helping people through intimate times of their life: such as when someone comes in to buy a suit for a wedding, It is one of the most flattering and endearing experiences I have had while working in retail and is something that will stick with me for the rest of my life. Management where I am currently located has ethical issues with discrimination against employees and also being stuck up as in having an attitude of "I'm better than you" without showing it directly. The co-workers can sometimes be competitive as it is a commission based atmosphere, but over all the experience is great and once you build a clientele who come to see you personally, the tension eases up a little. I would most definitely recommend the job if you enjoy helping people and being a part of other people's lives, but do not stick around too long unless you plan on moving up quickly which can involve some brown nosing and late shifts.
Pros
Enjoyable experiences, Moderate pay
Cons

Want to know more about HUGO BOSS?

Ask a question
Productive respectable employees who do training fun bit almost very strict
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAApril 23, 2017
I was there through a staffing company they are very well organized very strict on every employee had understanding my job was steam n returns they kept us busy
Pros
Respectable good trainers strict
Cons
Kinda far from where I stayed at
Ok place to work...though management constantly changes on a dime....
Director of Retail Merchandise Planning (Former Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 16, 2017
Most of the people at Hugo Boss are capable and kind.

Though the constant directive changes by mgmt seriously impact the ability to shepherd the business or manage time effectively.
Pros
many corp. holidays, clothing allowance, beautiful work space
Cons
3 years of consistent layoffs
Warehouse worker
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Midway GeorgiaOctober 17, 2016
Typical day at Hugo Boss clock in at 6:30 am. Get to your zone sign in on your gun. Clear your zone and go to another zone. 8:15 -8:30 break. 11-11:30 lunch. 1:15-1:30. 3:00 we are off unless it's mandatory overtime. Which next break will be 3:15-3:30 and off at 5 pm. I've learned that team work can get a job done. We need more communication within management. Co-workers for the most part work very hard. the hardest part is when employees are not trained properly. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile on someone face when they are having a bad day.
Pros
Getting off at 3pm
Cons
Not an earlier bird
Commission based
Selling manger (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYMay 10, 2016
I was not excited to see that they managers and employees work off a commission with this company. I saw others stealing sales and it would not have a positive affect on the staff.
Great place to work that definitely values their employees
Assistant Selling Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2016
Fast paced, fun, and enjoyable are a few words to describe this job. There is room for advancement and management is always available to assist with daily tasks.
hugo boss review
Maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Midway, GAJanuary 10, 2016
Its a good company to work for but the pay is poor. The people are nice and its not a hard company to work for. I have learned alot from working with them.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 8, 2015
Management was good. No health benefits. Many franchises all over so there's good chances to grow within. Upper management is hard to reach , however within limits.
Pros
Flexible hrs, discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Meeting new people everyday
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wrentham, MAOctober 26, 2015
Hugo boss sells high end fashion suits, so customers would come into the store and ask for our opinions on color schemes, and how the suit should fit.
Pros
Dressed in fashion suits
Cons
The hours
A great and productive enviorment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2015
A great learning experience! It helped to put my foot through the door! You are given real life responsibilities. You interact with editors and magazines all day so it is fun
A great place to work that acts with integrity and great leadership.
Import Logistics Ocean Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Midway, Ga.September 3, 2015
The best part of my job is working with individuals with different languages, cultures, and exhibits teamwork at all times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HUGO BOSS. Our community is ready to answer.