HuHot Mongolian Grill Employee Reviews

Fun work environment. fast paced
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 20, 2017
HuHot can be mostly a fun place to work. It is very faced paced and the long days go by quickly. Complaints are easy to deal with, since the guests design their own food bowls...if they don not like it they can just start over.
Pros
Fun enviorment
Cons
Practically no breaks, Different directions from various members of upper management
Loved this place will be sad when I have to leave
Server/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 20, 2017
I served and supervised here and loved every minute of it.
Enjoyed fast work pace environment of the job.
Loved the customers and managers/coworkers
fun work place horrible management
grill warrior (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 19, 2017
i loved the fun i had i huhot love the coworkers the owners have just driven it to the ground they started taking away what i as a grill op was doing to make tios cause my low pay and hours.
Pros
discount
Cons
the way its ran
Fun environment
Waitress, hostess (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 5, 2017
Working at Huhot was definitely very fun. My co-workers were always very nice to me and I always enjoyed going to work. I love making sure people are satisfied with what they get in food service and Huhot made it very easy for that to be possible! The management was not great, they didn't care much for the employees safety, but besides that, it is definitely on the top list of one of my favorites jobs.
Pros
Great food and very fun atmosphere
Cons
Management was not good
Horrible Place to Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 21, 2017
Very unorganized, rude owner. I was forced to show for my shift ill on more than one occassion or risk losing my job. I witnessed the owner slap a cracker out of a waitresses hand in the back room when she was eating crackers to settle her stomach because she was ill and being forced to work a double since we were such short staffed and she couldnt afford to lose her job.
Great guests, terrible co-workers/management
Server (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 18, 2017
I was a server at HuHot Mongolian Grill for almost 4 years. I made myself stay through an agonizing experience due to showing stability in holding down a long-term job. I opened the Rapid City location and can honestly say I've seen so many faces come and go and most of them had left on bad terms. The management doesn't care about their employees. They over work you until you're burnt out for their own gain (bonuses). The team members (if they are optimistic) lose their shine quickly and the majority others are full of drama and have no work ethic. I've worked alongside 3 experienced/skilled servers there in almost 4 years, they ALL left. They finally (after no advancement in 4 years and a last second General Manager change) pushed me to my limits and I resigned. Don't apply there if you have skills to better yourself or you want to be happy in your career path.
Pros
Meet new people, praised by guests
Cons
co-workers/management
Great place
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 17, 2017
They r willing to work with u on scheduling..its like a family when u work there that u feel part of..when u start they help u and make u feel at home
Pros
U get ur breaks
Cons
When labor is low u lose hrs
Great server n customer service skills
Server (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 7, 2017
This job was a very good experience for myself it was my first job as a server so it taught me a lot of different things and approaches in life also taught me how to be great with people and more understanding
Pros
Being able to eat frer lunch after working a certain amount of hours
Cons
There were too many servers
Excellent working environment and friendly staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoyed working here thought my college career. The managers were very helpful and encouraging and my coworkers were very nice. Overall, great work environment. I learned how to mange my time better and how to give customers a better restaurant experience.
Very fun place to work at and people where nice
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 11, 2017
I love HuHot cause it was like my second home, they took care of me when I needed a ride to work and home. They fed me when I had no food. This is a fast pace job, your always busy and had things to do. If you where caught up on your job then you had to help others
I will never forget this place
Pros
People where very helpful and got to drink soda free
Cons
Very touchy on the time it take to do your job

Want to know more about HuHot Mongolian Grill?

Ask a question
i didnt like working there
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 1, 2017
The job was not a good fit for me. They were to unorganized . Work hours didn't fit with my schedule.I didn't like the manager. I did like my co workers
Unique concept with great potential
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 2, 2016
The ability to create your own specific meal every time with fresh products and added changing options always creates a unique and fun experience to enjoy.

Typical day:
-Communicating with management and staff on current goals and expectations.
- Checking emails.
- Working on local marketing.
- Running a shift.
- Employee ons, offs, cuts, breaks, etc
- Coaching employees on sanitation, proper food-handling, etc.
- Monitoring and proactively controlling labor

What I have learned:
- How to more effectively train and coach staff as well as other managers.

Co-workers:
- Working with my excellent employees and a great accompanying management staff to efficiently and productively get our goals completed.

Most enjoyable part of my job:
-Working with people who are just as passionate about customer service and bettering themselves as I am.
Pros
Free food, Paid-vacation, Paid-sick leave, Health Insurance
Cons
No 401K or matching, No bonuses of any kind, Below average pay for the industry.
Fun work place with guest interaction
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 29, 2016
Working at HuHot was more than just being a cook. If you're good at your job, you're also an entertainer. Being that you're cooking right in front of the guest, it felt good to be able to make people laugh with little tricks and flips like you'd see at a Hibachi style restaurant. I had a lot of fun there, but it doesn't exactly promote growth as a career cook.
Pros
Fun and enjoyable
Cons
Not much room for growth, kitchenwise at least.
very fun
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 7, 2016
Management could be better very hostile and they never could hire reliable workers they need to do a better job in showing appreciation to there employees.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Terriable managment
I loved learning new things there
Server (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 3, 2016
I was a server I loved it I love being active with customers I'm a people person. I was always the one who they would call when they needed help I helped where help was needed I would work the floor to from the grill I managed money very well my customers love me there, I would answer phones every now and then I would help manage.
Pros
I got to work with fun customers
Cons
They never appreciated there coworkers
Productive and fun work place
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 24, 2016
Everyday was something new, and the employees were always happy. Each person there knows what they're doing, if not they can be trained again. I loved working there and it was one of my best jobs.
Fun work place/ flexable hours
Server (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 3, 2016
Working at Huhot I have learned to be fast on my feet. You have to be able to work at a fast pace. Talk to the customers and make them happy. I learned to cook new food.
The Store management is always ready to help no matter what there is to do. I have also made a lot of new friends working at Huhot.
Hardest part of the job was being short handed. On a very busy day it takes a lot of teamwork to keep things in order. The most enjoyable part about this job was my co-workers.
Worst Ever
Server (Former Employee) –  OkcSeptember 19, 2016
You will be working by yourself as server host and busser for $2 an hour!!! 7 1/2 hour shift with no break or food. Horrible place to work. Customers rarely tip because it is buffet style.
Pros
Cons
Small or no tip at all
the worst place i have ever worked in my life
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTSeptember 9, 2016
huhot Mongolian grill is the wort place I have ever worked in my life they have the worst management I have ever seen lousy pay and they expect more work for less pay never again would I ever set foot in this place ever
Pros
they did give free food
Cons
lousy pay no insurance
productive and can be fun
Server (Current Employee) –  Ames, IASeptember 8, 2016
Most of the time work is fun and not super stressful. It can get hectic and busy at times. Good/above average tips. The company is a good one to work for. Good management, always flexible with the schedule and gives you your requested days off. They also bring treats like pizza or donuts often. Fun place overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HuHot Mongolian Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4