HuHot Mongolian Grill Employee Reviews

calm workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 28, 2018
Much to learn from being a beginner. It’s a very quick pace job at some point but a great steping stool for other jobs. I enjoyed working line keeping up with the food for the customers. Just a very clean environment for everyone
Great place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IA 52807January 26, 2018
A typical day involves coming in and making sure everyone is set up for their shift.We do pre-shift meetings with front of house and back of house to make sure we are all working toward our goals. I clean and stock the line, cook, seat and clean tables, and run dishes if needed. The staff is very efficient and friendly.They all work very hard and run like a family. In my time there I learned to do scheduling, ordering, and office/book work and many other managerial duties. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Management needs work
Server (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 16, 2018
Great co workers, management needs a lot of work. No benefits. Threatens to fire just about anyone if they call in for any reason, even with doctor notes. Management does not help the staff, usually found in the office on the phone or outside smoking.
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 11, 2018
Was a fun pace work place. I was there for so long that the management kinda was hard to deal with at the end.Workplace culture was quite to work for. The hardest part of the job was wasn't really one. Always was the same everyday.
Pros
money, environment, and guests regulars
Cons
Not always making the same % on tips.
fun
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 10, 2018
it was great job just wish I could get paid more and the managers would give you the time off you needed but its not that bad of a place to work just try it out if you want something new
Very good Company
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJanuary 9, 2018
This company pays low at the start and every Six Months it gives you a .50 cent pay Raised. and you get employee meal when you work for 5.00 and they look out for their employees when medical conditions that people have priviosly Had before they work their act up will they are on the clook.
Pros
4 days of training when you start working their.
Cons
can be stressful when you are vary busy
Hard place to work/not enough hours
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJanuary 9, 2018
Managers scheduled me when I requested off for work/church. I was not given enough hours to make a decent wage and very stressful to work long nights and then have to go to school the next morning
Fast Paced, Quick Cash
Server (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 14, 2017
This was a good place to make quick cash. I was also able to meet new people and form new relationships. This place was in the really nice part if town so the money was always nice, especially on busy days!
Steady environment and great atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 3, 2017
I have worked all positions at this establishment from kitchen, hosting, supervising, serving, cooking and managing. All teams worked together and made it easy to make a customer relationship with steady customer base.
Pros
Empolyee discounts, easy to make a consistent schedule, busy with great repeat customers
Cons
Working with some people that weren't able to pick up their step when it was busy
Huhot
Grill warrior (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 29, 2017
Good atmosphere and advancement opportunity, but while I was there there were management changes and I could not stay due to the environment the new manager was creating
Pros
Discounted meals, occasonal free meals or gift contests
Cons
Long hours, hot work place, no health benefits
Awesome job and great restaurant, with great food!
Cook/Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTNovember 23, 2017
Productive and good environment also lots of really good fun people, the building is always very clean, due to employee cleanliness program, If i could i would work back there anyday!
Pros
Play with fire, and i was taught to juggle spatulas
Cons
minumum wage was only $7.30
good if your desperate for decent paycheck
Crew Member/Host (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 22, 2017
filling, stocking, seating customers, getting orders right, cleaning. closing there was very little help mostly all on you and you stay about 2 hours after doors are locked. management is shady and is almost never there, workplace culture is not professional. the hardest part of the job would be closing. the most enjoyable part was some staff.
Pros
staff
Cons
managment
Good Place
Cook/ Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTNovember 12, 2017
It was a good place to work, It gets very hot behind the grill. The people are nice. I want a set schedule and was told I could work days but then giving me days was hard to do.
Interesting place to work.
Server, key employee, and trainer (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, CONovember 9, 2017
Very interesting concept, a pick your own food and have it grilled for you type of place. Rebecca Anderson was the supervisor in charge, of dining room, and ordering as well.
Huhot Mongolian Grill
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 7, 2017
Working at Huhot taught me a lot. It was my first job. I learned to multitask, time management, manners, efficiency, team building, ect. My coworkers made the job the best.
Easy work for good money. Management stinks
Server (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 20, 2017
It is fast paced during peak lunch and dinner hours. Many times, we are short staffed. Despite being a buffet style where people get their own food, I still come out with 15% at the end of my shift. for tips Management is constantly changing. I have had over 15 managers in my 5 years there. If you want a break, you basically have to be a smoker, otherwise you won't get one. My coworkers are great, again high turnover rate for them as well.
Pros
Discount on food, no matter if you are working on that day or not
Cons
Unless you smoke, there are no breaks, management in never consistent
Pitiful
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 13, 2017
Poor upper management. The operations manager crosses to many lines. Working for this company is very stressful because they don't offer the training required to be proficient at your job.
Great place to work, awesome management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIOctober 1, 2017
Huhot was a place with many friendly coworkers. I received just the amount of hours I needed, and management was always willing to work with my schedule.
Pros
Free or discounted meals
Cons
Cooks have short breaks
Productive fun place to work family atmosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 28, 2017
Great place to work. Great atmosphere. Great mangers. Employees are knowledgeable. They work around your schedule. I would highly recomend this place to work and eat.
Pros
Cheap food and good hours and health care
Cons
Busy underpaid for my position
stressful job with workers who didnt care
Expo (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 26, 2017
the hours were bad and it was a stressful job with little down time and a cut throat manager. the servers tried to pass on duties to those who were younger and there was constant drama and personal issues were constantly brought to the work place
Pros
free lunches
Cons
horribly long hours