HuHot Mongolian Grill

HuHot Mongolian Grill United States Employee Reviews

Fun work environment and good co-workers
Cook and Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), FargoMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free food, fun work, good people
Cons: cuts and burns
Learned how to process food and cook food properly, and learned management skills. I also made sauces, soups, and salads as well as appetizers. Did a lot of cleaning.
Fun and exciting work atmosphere
o Server/Waitress (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 17, 2015
I loved working at HuHot Mongolian Grill. It was a fun and exciting place to work and it had a very family friendly atmosphere.
productive and laid back work place
Line Filler/Cook/Dishwasher/Host (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 13, 2015
Huhot is a wonderful place to work. The staff is very close knit and we go out together outside of work.
Alright
Server/Shift Leader Trainee (Current Employee), Topeka, KSDecember 15, 2014
I have worked there for about 2 years now. Its a very stressful job. Wishing it was different to be able to enjoy working there as my now part time job, more. The management team is sometimes lazy and doesnt really care for concerns when anyone has them.
Awesome work environment with great employees and guests.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Topeka, KSDecember 1, 2014
Pros: fast paced environment with direct interaction with the guests
Cons: long hours and schedule variances.
Huhot is a great place to grow and advance within the company. I really enjoyed our guests on a daily basis. The staff and fellow management was the greatest asset to the company.
fast paced enviroment
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee), Sioux City, IANovember 3, 2014
Pros: bonus when doing everything your suppose to do
Cons: when no one gives you a tip
Taking customers orders and running to get them appetizers and retrieving their bill.
How to handle cash, and multiple orders at once.
We all got along really well for the most part.
The hardest part was when the customer wanted to give you a hard time for no reason.
The most enjoyable part was when someone was being generous and gave me a large tip.
Great
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 18, 2014
Washing Dishes and taking care of the back of the house.
On my feet doing tables, taking trash out and helping the cooks.
Some people should not own a restaurant
Employee (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJune 17, 2014
Pros: food is good
Cons: everything, no benefits for anyone, ask you to violate laws
Terrible place to work. The owners have no idea how to run a business and even brag that they can "make people cry:" There policies are inconsistent and their son who was given the title of "Director of Operations" has nothing to do all day but continuously change forms, policies and do things to make the job more difficult. They promote people do not train them properly and then cut their salary dramatically when they can't do the job exactly how they want it done. They give employees raises and take them away, they tell managers to fire people but then get mad if the turn over is high. The owners often complain that they wish they had never opened a restaurant in Joplin and how much they can't stand their employees. DO NOT WORK HERE. Your only sitting yourself up for a job that will make you miserable.
Very flexible place to work.
Server (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJune 10, 2014
This job was a means for me to get through college. It taught me people skills and interpersonal skills. It was very easy to learn and it was a very easy job to have during school. Management was very flexible with scheduling and they were very understanding. I loved being a part of the HuHot team.
Fun, fast-paced environment where you have the opportunity to meet amazing people on a daily basis!
Server Trainer/ Supervisor (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIMay 15, 2014
A typical day at work consists of overlooking several employees and making sure they are all performing the duties required of their positions. Whenever things get hectic, I step in any position to help out the employees so the shift runs properly and smoothly. I make sure that I come encounter with every guest that walks through the door to make sure they are having an enjoyable visit. My co-workers are amazing, which makes for an awesome work environment! We all like to have fun, make jokes, and most importantly work together as a team to make shifts run as smooth as possible! I make the schedules for over 50 employees, while meeting labor goals each week. Also, I complete all required paperwork, and deposits at the end of each night.
Fun atmosphere
Waitress (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 23, 2014
Displayed outstanding customer service to HuHot Mongolian Grill guests.

Showed quality communication and thinking skills while taking orders and providing service.

Proved to be a responsible worker by having great time management, and effectively completing side duties
Easy job with a good atmosphere.
Grill Warrior (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches during shifts.
Cons: cooks frequently burn themselves.
Everyone I work with is fun to be around and make working much better. As a grill warrior, I don't think we get paid enough for what we do. We work for tips, but never actually make enough to get minimum wage, so the company has to subsidize us. Every shift, I burn some part of my hands, and I just don't think that my measly wage is worth all the harm to myself.
fun
Cook (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: got free food
Cons: no benifitts
I cooked on a 700 degree grill infront of custumers was the only female cook there
Difficult owners, who changed rules almost weekly. I was sick, and the job wouldn't let me go home on numerous occassions.
Server (Former Employee), Joplin, MoDecember 16, 2013
Pros: half price meals
Cons: management refused to work with you, very biased, and difficult environment.
I put in a lot of hard work at this place, and then I caught mono while attending college. I was unable to be exempt from work, and it really wore me down over time. I put in a lot of hard work here, but as most restaurants are, it is nearly impossible to move up while attending college.
The fun thing about wrking there was the customers
Cook (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 23, 2013
Pros: we did get free lunch
Cons: we worked split shift so that was our break and no health care
I was the only Female gril worker on a 700 degree grill cooking the food in front of our customers and the more we made them laugh the more the tip
It was a fun job but not well organized
Lead Hostess/ Server (Former Employee), Logan, UTAugust 14, 2013
Pros: had two great managers out of the four, discounts on the food, was able to interact with guests.
Cons: two of the managers weren't the best leaders, employees swore and yelled all the time, enviornment was not as friendly as it could have been, no benifits
I enjoyed the people that I worked with at HuHot. The morals of the employees weren't as high as I had hopped and the management was not as structured as it could have been. I enjoyed my job but decided to leave due to getting engaged and needing to move. It was a great experience working with them.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIJuly 25, 2013
Pros: fast paced
Cons: compensation
Customer service, inventory control, maintenance, food prep
Fun workplace with emphasis on teamwork
Server (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 25, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, friendly work environment
Cons: sometimes short shifts
This job taught me a lot about customer service and teamwork. I realized I could not be successful without the help and cooperation of my fellow servers. I also learned what it takes to successfully manage a business (i.e. communication, organization, leadership). The toughest part of the job is multitasking and being able to please customers, which is also the most enjoyable part of the job. When I was able to successfully multitask during busy hours of the day and all of my customers left happy I felt very excited self confident.
Great Workplace, Needs language help and orgnaization
Server (Current Employee), Logan, UTMay 24, 2013
Pros: discounted meals on and off work
Cons: lack of organization
Great food and for the most part service. Two managers work well with both employees and customers, Two others don't talk well with customers.
Lots of fun with creating your own stir fry.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 22, 2013
Pros: taking care of each others.
Cons: no health coverage
I started out being the Assistant manager, after everyone else got fired I became store manager. I would open and close , Mon.- Thur. it was a lot of work but ,I accomplished my goals. My day started on getting cash register's out making sure the both bars was set up , making sure all my team players were on time and ready for the rush. Every morning we would talk about our goals and to up sale and to give good customer service and to work together as a team. I learned when down time was and when to cut and watch labor, how to budget for each other and making sure to always check my product when coming in .(profit and lost) To always demonstrate my self as a leader, following guide line for health department and miners. The hardest part was firing my brother, but I had to set that example. Satisfying the guest and team players and saying Huhot when the cooks would make a fire flame for our customers.

HuHot Mongolian Grill Salaries