HUHTAMAKI Employee Reviews

Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Huhamaki is a good paying job & I loved it if I could go back I really would go back ....I love the people I worked with its a laid back job. U gotta just get use to packing the boxes the right way !
Pros
Okay
Cons
Fair
A life time experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 26, 2018
I was definitely challenged to but my education to practical use. There were many opportunities for me to expand my horizons as an engineer that I could not have imagined prior to the this internship.
okay if your a man
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OHDecember 27, 2017
okay unless your a woman(which i assume most male dominant work places have women feeling like a piece of meat) pay is decent , insurance is okay, 12 hour shifts are no fun .
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
dont follow through w raises, yearly raises are unfair w some recieving a dollar plus while others only recieve .50 .
Not a bad place to work
Paris, Texas - 2nd Shift Finishing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXDecember 14, 2017
Large company in a small town. Comes with lots of nepotism, seniority based for moving up. Huhtamaki itself offers great benefits, opportunity to learn a competitive job skill.
Pros
Fellow Employees
Cons
Senority based shift work
Constructive & Quick paced
Auto Line Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 9, 2017
Typical day watch for film to run out to be replaced to continue the packaging of the product, forklift, maintain robot, working with others. Benefits plus PTO
benefits
Cons
mass lay off
Environment
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OHNovember 9, 2017
Worse management would not likely ever be found. Will look you in the eyes and lie, no advancement opportunity. Zero sense that the company cares about workers. Alot of talk about safety, actions dont match talk.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Long days, short breaks, bad management
Very professional
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  KansasNovember 8, 2017
Huhtamaki is one of the best places to work in the Kansas City area. It was a bit farther from where I live but the atmosphere made it worth it. I would go back and work for them if they needed me to fill in for the receptionist.
Pros
Professional, friendly, awesome cafeteria
Cons
Fast Paced, fairly clean work environment
Production Warehouser (Current Employee) –  New Vienna, OHOctober 9, 2017
If you like working a lot and picking up other people slack, this is the place for you. Every department is different , overtime is usually always available. It's not really hard work, and the factory is fairly clean. You can have poor job performance and still keep your job.
Pros
Paid lunch, some vacation time, benefits are good
Cons
Upper management is awful, if your a good worker you get used, pay could be better
Nicol
Packer (Former Employee) –  Coleman, MISeptember 22, 2017
Good place to work and with good benefits. Could use work on communication between operators and Packers. And between the operators and the warehouse.
ok
Warehouse/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  desoto, ksSeptember 19, 2017
ok for a short term, it will make you old fast working the rotating 12 hour shifts. Its tough not having same days off every week. Mandatory overtime was a bummer.
Stressful
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OHAugust 17, 2017
HR randomly changes company policy with no warning or employee acknowledgment. Little to no company advancement. Supervisor are usually pretty friendly unless they decide they don't like you then they basically force you out the door. It's impossible to keep to yourself in this company. Many people are out to make themselves look good to management. Pay is great, but not worth the stress.
Pros
Pay is great, safety is a huge goal for the company
Cons
Short breaks, no respect for employees at all
enjouyed my fellow employees
Machine operator, Material handler (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYMay 5, 2017
fast pace had to keep a eye on what you were doing and other people around you long days and very hot place to work in the summer. overtime was mandatory
clean environment
Machine Operator / Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHApril 11, 2017
They work a 2-2-3 schedule give you plenty of time off. You only work 14 days out of the month which is nice. It is hot in the summer and just about right in the winter. It was a good experience for me.
Pros
ample time off, good people
Cons
12 hour days, and hot in the summer
good place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYMarch 31, 2017
physical work keeps you busy good pay and benefits just hard on the body environment changes from cool in winter and very hot in the summer need to get used to tha.t overall a good place to work management kinda rough
Pros
union
Cons
had to work nights
Family Orientated
Warehouse Driver (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJanuary 24, 2017
Family orientated with hometown natives work together. The experienced workers are there to help you succeed in your work. All you have to do as a new employee is be there on time and pass a drug screen.
Pros
Holidays off plus bonuses
Cons
The turnover rate
Productive Union Company
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 20, 2016
This was a nice place to work. Very close,personal group of employees. I enjoyed working there. The only issue that I had was that its swing shift.
operator
Cup Helper/ Cup operator (Current Employee) –  Huhtamäki in Fulton,N.Y.August 29, 2016
I feel I have a very great work ethic with this company I always put forth 100 percent on any machine that I have operated for them. As a cup operator one of my pride accomplishments is that I have ran High speed machines for this company and have gone above and beyond any product that I have packed with Pride.
Pros
Lots of good people I have worked with
Cons
It's Union there doesn't look out for their people.
Was a great place for advancement
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  De Soto, KsAugust 6, 2016
Typical day was very busy and there were always new challenges which required thought and effort. Good environment for learning.

Great vacation time. Great co-workers.

The hardest part was machine rebuilds.

The most enjoyable part was being selected to travel for the company to set up new equipment and the advancement opportunities.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALMay 24, 2016
My typical day of work was to come in a get started on production.
I learned how to package the paper plates and box them to be ready for processing.
Management was good he would always keep up product to package and when we needed something he would help.
My coworkers was great everyone was friendly we all got along and worked as a team to get the job done.
The hardest part of the job was getting used to the hours going to a Third shift job from a First shift job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the product out and having a job well done.
Pros
Sweet tea, Wifi, in the break rooms
Cons
12 Hr shifts
Stable work with lots of opportunity to grow.
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Friendly staff, and fun work environment. The hardest part of the job for me was that is was very repetitive. The most enjoyable was meeting my co-workers and supervisors.
Pros
Holiday Pay
Cons
Meticulous