HUHTAMAKI Employee Reviews

Was a great place for advancement
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  De Soto, KsAugust 6, 2016
Typical day was very busy and there were always new challenges which required thought and effort. Good environment for learning.

Great vacation time. Great co-workers.

The hardest part was machine rebuilds.

The most enjoyable part was being selected to travel for the company to set up new equipment and the advancement opportunities.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALMay 24, 2016
My typical day of work was to come in a get started on production.
I learned how to package the paper plates and box them to be ready for processing.
Management was good he would always keep up product to package and when we needed something he would help.
My coworkers was great everyone was friendly we all got along and worked as a team to get the job done.
The hardest part of the job was getting used to the hours going to a Third shift job from a First shift job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the product out and having a job well done.
Pros
Sweet tea, Wifi, in the break rooms
Cons
12 Hr shifts
Good place for a small town like Andalusia, AL.
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALJanuary 30, 2016
Very productive and efficient. Its a great job to have, because of the competitive salary and available overtime. Job security is safe. The co-workers are half and half, some are mean and some are nice.
Pros
great OT availability and job security
Cons
machines break down often
operator
Cup Helper/ Cup operator (Current Employee) –  Huhtamäki in Fulton,N.Y.August 29, 2016
I feel I have a very great work ethic with this company I always put forth 100 percent on any machine that I have operated for them. As a cup operator one of my pride accomplishments is that I have ran High speed machines for this company and have gone above and beyond any product that I have packed with Pride.
Pros
Lots of good people I have worked with
Cons
It's Union there doesn't look out for their people.
clean and productive company
Assistant operator lithographic printing (Current Employee) –  Fulton, NYDecember 24, 2014
this company is all about sanitation and productivity used to be a great family represented company but seems to be more about the bottom line in recent years benefits have been better in past years then what we have now and job security seem to going down more and more company seems to be more concerned with location then a skilled work force but I will say that in my years on the job have learn many new skills and work techniques I work 12 hour overnight shifts but do enjoy it long hours allows more days a week off I do believe a better training regiment is need but we do have a decent training program as it is
Pros
alot of days off benifits
Cons
sometimes not enough time off benifits
Productive Union Company
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 20, 2016
This was a nice place to work. Very close,personal group of employees. I enjoyed working there. The only issue that I had was that its swing shift.
Packer (Former Employee) –  New Vienna, OHAugust 11, 2015
It is 12 hour work days on a 3-2-2 schedule, and over time is an almost constant. This means another 12 hour shift at least one day a week, if not two on your short weeks, and often mandatory. If you don't want to waste between 48 and 72 hours a week at work, then it is not the place for you. It is hot, you stand on your feet the entire time. The money was good, for the work that you did. Co-workers were great. The management could respect their workers more, and their time more.
Pros
Decent pay for that area
Cons
short breaks, hot, long hours
Fast paced factory enviroment but pays very well
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYJuly 11, 2014
Good job great benefits, does not give for any family time. Training is decent, as long as you work hard for this company and show interest they do notice you. Some downfalls consist of no air conditioning during the summer months with the factory getting around 100 degrees every day. The work hours are 12 hour shifts for the good paying jobs leaving no personal time.
Pros
Great paying job
Cons
Working alot of hours with no free time.
fabulous place to work if you can handle the long hours
Cover line operator (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYOctober 20, 2014
Staff and management are great people. Long hours but compensation for it.
Pros
great pay lots of opprotunities
Review of environment
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Batavia ohioDecember 18, 2015
The work itself is not bad. The company let's alot of drama go on among the employees. They allow certain employees to tell on others and will handle the situation by what the snitches tell them instead of going to HR and having it investigated the proper way. The whole environment is controlled by the brown nosers. After u r signed off they expect u to work 12 hour days 7 days a week. This is totally inhumane when u have a family with children and doctors appointments. The 12 hour shifts are ridiculous. Why don't they have 3 shifts 8 hour days? A happy employee is a good employee. No wonder no one gets along in this place! We miss our families and we r miserable living at work!
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, no smokong, cant leave the building even for breaks, to much mandatory ot
i enjoy working for this company. Its a clean enviroment with opportunities.
machine operator (Current Employee) –  Boaz, ALMay 11, 2015
The job is a steady moving work environment. The management is great to work for. The company benefits and pay are very well compensated. However the hours are long it isn't a horrible place to spend my time.
Overall fantastic
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALOctober 23, 2014
To start with a typical day at work, most of the time your shift comes in with a positive attitude and everyone is ready to get the day done. They all talk and share catch up and then go to their assigned machines. Learning really wasn't hard. It was fairly simply and easy to remember. They have great trainers that are very helpful. All the coworkers that I personally have worked with have been helpful and energetic. I'd say the hardest part of the job was if there was something wrong with the machine and you were trying to fix it with no help, and the tables kept piling up. But the best part about the job would be the way the shifts rotated. Rotation lead to being off one straight week a month. It was by far the best job I have had.
Pros
the way the shift rotated.
Cons
the long hours.
mechincally inclinded,team player, workswells with others, self starter,putting out qualty work.
PMC machine cup operator (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYJuly 8, 2014
loved doing a good job, could fix my pmc machines when they were down, made most of my adjustment myself to get machines to work, management listened to their employees most of the time. Got along with co-works great people work for Huhtamaki.The hardest part of my job was the plant is very hot in the summer. I trained other cup operators I enjoyed teaching them all that I know about how to put out quality production, and make adjustments they could make themselves on the pmc's.
Pros
Good wages, great co-workers, loved my job.
Cons
the only cons i can think of its very hot in plant.
needs new management
Packer/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHAugust 20, 2012
Company was formally ample industries since takeover old management still set in old ways and treatment to employees
Pros
attendance bonus
Cons
short breaks, high insurance, long hours, no a/c
It's a job
Former employee (Former Employee) –  KansasOctober 9, 2013
If you enjoy working hard while your Supervisor hides in the office all day, then this is the job for you! Poor starting pay and no real leadership. Every time we get a good Supervisor, they leave. The rest sit in their offices all day while we run our own floor. Upper management is more concerned with passing the buck than holding poor leadership accountable. A clean facility with a lot of good ideas, just no follow through. If you enjoy 12 hour shifts and working most Holidays with an invisible boss. Apply.
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
constant mandatory OT, poor management
An average day in plastics
Packer/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Coleman, MIFebruary 4, 2015
Some days are easy, others are not. Overtime may come at a moments notice, rarely within 10 minutes of the scheduled end of your shift. Twelve hour shifts and weekend shifts are not uncommon. Co-workers are typically nice, good people trying to make it by. Management makes some strange, confusing choices.
Pros
Stable job.
Cons
Overtime can flare up, management is disconnected from production.
Productive and safe
Packer (Current Employee) –  Coleman, MIJune 12, 2014
I enjoying working at Huhtamaki! I have met a lot of good people there. I learn new things every day and would like to move up in the company to learn to learn more. Dave For is the best supervise I have ever worked for. Some of my co-workers are great but most seem to complain about having to do there job. I really don't think packing is that hard it is actually quiet easy and I am looking for more of a challenge. I enjoy being able to joke with my co-workers is a safe manner.
Pros
401k, Health, Dental, Vision insurence
Cons
Stress from co-workers that don't want to do there Jobs.
Very productive workplace
Machine Operator/Continuous Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALAugust 9, 2012
Work started at 6 pm or 6 am with a twelve hour shift. I ran a C-machine during a continuous process operation. Management seemed to care about employees and employees really got along great. The hardest part of the job was making sure you had the right temperature and amount of stock to ensure a quality product. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some really great people and developing lasting friendships.
Pros
employee sales, gainsharing checks
Cons
short breaks
Stable work with lots of opportunity to grow.
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Friendly staff, and fun work environment. The hardest part of the job for me was that is was very repetitive. The most enjoyable was meeting my co-workers and supervisors.
Pros
Holiday Pay
Cons
Meticulous
Very productive place to work with good pay
Packer (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INMay 4, 2012
Worked well under pressure when meeting deadlines on daily basis.Hardest part of the job was running out of parts needed and meeting our deadline on time. Enjoyable part of the job , regardless of stressful situations we all got the the job done and rewarding part was knowing we got the job done and in a safe manner. Knowing the quality was at 100% all the time.
Pros
good friendly enviroment
Cons
good benefitsand clean respectable workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HUHTAMAKI. Our community is ready to answer.