HUHTAMAKI

HUHTAMAKI Employee Reviews

produtive workplace
Packer (Former Employee), Coleman,MiFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Huhtamaki. It was a great learning place! The work wasn't to bad and the pay was good! The other workers made the time go by. Huhtamaki was a great job.
good place to work
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee), Fulton, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: job was only temp
painted the facility, provided lawn care (mowing and weed eating)
gave me an opportunity to see my work and be proud of it
An average day in plastics
Packer/Inspector (Current Employee), Coleman, MIFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: stable job.
Cons: overtime can flare up, management is disconnected from production.
Some days are easy, others are not. Overtime may come at a moments notice, rarely within 10 minutes of the scheduled end of your shift. Twelve hour shifts and weekend shifts are not uncommon. Co-workers are typically nice, good people trying to make it by. Management makes some strange, confusing choices.
Decent workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee), De Soto, KSJanuary 15, 2015
This is a good company if you are looking for factory work, which is what I did there. They do also have business positions, but I was not in one of them.
clean and productive company
Assistant operator lithographic printing (Current Employee), Fulton, NYDecember 24, 2014
Pros: alot of days off benifits
Cons: sometimes not enough time off benifits
this company is all about sanitation and productivity used to be a great family represented company but seems to be more about the bottom line in recent years benefits have been better in past years then what we have now and job security seem to going down more and more company seems to be more concerned with location then a skilled work force but I will say that in my years on the job have learn many new skills and work techniques I work 12 hour overnight shifts but do enjoy it long hours allows more days a week off I do believe a better training regiment is need but we do have a decent training program as it is
Overall fantastic
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Albertville, ALOctober 23, 2014
Pros: the way the shift rotated.
Cons: the long hours.
To start with a typical day at work, most of the time your shift comes in with a positive attitude and everyone is ready to get the day done. They all talk and share catch up and then go to their assigned machines. Learning really wasn't hard. It was fairly simply and easy to remember. They have great trainers that are very helpful. All the coworkers that I personally have worked with have been helpful and energetic. I'd say the hardest part of the job was if there was something wrong with the machine and you were trying to fix it with no help, and the tables kept piling up. But the best part about the job would be the way the shifts rotated. Rotation lead to being off one straight week a month. It was by far the best job I have had.
fabulous place to work if you can handle the long hours
Cover line operator (Former Employee), Fulton, NYOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great pay lots of opprotunities
Cons: long hours
Staff and management are great people. Long hours but compensation for it.
Temp to hire service, lots of chances for opportunity.
Packer Inspector (Former Employee), Paris, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Nice staff, willing to work with schedule. Lots of resources available.
Very good people to work with
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Batavia, OHJuly 15, 2014
Pros: paid breaks and lunch, good people
Cons: low pay with questionable advancement
This is a non unionized company. No job security. Strict guidelines that can be hard to follow
Fast paced factory enviroment but pays very well
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Fulton, NYJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great paying job
Cons: working alot of hours with no free time.
Good job great benefits, does not give for any family time. Training is decent, as long as you work hard for this company and show interest they do notice you. Some downfalls consist of no air conditioning during the summer months with the factory getting around 100 degrees every day. The work hours are 12 hour shifts for the good paying jobs leaving no personal time.
mechincally inclinded,team player, workswells with others, self starter,putting out qualty work.
PMC machine cup operator (Former Employee), Fulton, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good wages, great co-workers, loved my job.
Cons: the only cons i can think of its very hot in plant.
loved doing a good job, could fix my pmc machines when they were down, made most of my adjustment myself to get machines to work, management listened to their employees most of the time. Got along with co-works great people work for Huhtamaki.The hardest part of my job was the plant is very hot in the summer. I trained other cup operators I enjoyed teaching them all that I know about how to put out quality production, and make adjustments they could make themselves on the pmc's.
Productive and safe
Packer (Current Employee), Coleman, MIJune 12, 2014
Pros: 401k, health, dental, vision insurence
Cons: stress from co-workers that don't want to do there jobs.
I enjoying working at Huhtamaki! I have met a lot of good people there. I learn new things every day and would like to move up in the company to learn to learn more. Dave For is the best supervise I have ever worked for. Some of my co-workers are great but most seem to complain about having to do there job. I really don't think packing is that hard it is actually quiet easy and I am looking for more of a challenge. I enjoy being able to joke with my co-workers is a safe manner.
work environment
Packer (Current Employee), New Vienna, OHMay 15, 2014
Pros: decent breaks, healthcare
Cons: management, long hrs
It's an ok place to work, but you got to watch what you say to who because people like to start things. There really is no training anymore. A lot of things have changed and gone down hill. The pay is good, but the hours suck.
Need new management.
Production Auditor (Former Employee), DeSoto, KSMarch 5, 2014
Cons: management
Employees aren't treated fairly. Company policies are followed on an individual basis.
No chance of moving to a different position. When applying for a internal position not all employees get a chance for an interview.
Needs new management.
Great internship
Project Manager (Former Employee), De Soto, KSFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: cool projects
Cons: no pay
I was just a student intern, so I don't feel like my review will be very helpful.
Fast Paced Job
Finisher (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: easy advancement, good pay
Cons: fast paced, can become stressful
It is a very fast paced job that pays you respectively and gives you the ability to advance.
Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Hammond, INDecember 31, 2013
During my winter and summer breaks, I interned at Huhtamaki and worked closely with the Human Resources Department. One of my biggest projects was inspecting all of the chemicals in the plant and then entering all of the data into the MSDS system. Overall, I was able to gain experience in HR.
It's a job
Former employee (Former Employee), KansasOctober 9, 2013
Pros: steady paycheck
Cons: constant mandatory ot, poor management
If you enjoy working hard while your Supervisor hides in the office all day, then this is the job for you! Poor starting pay and no real leadership. Every time we get a good Supervisor, they leave. The rest sit in their offices all day while we run our own floor. Upper management is more concerned with passing the buck than holding poor leadership accountable. A clean facility with a lot of good ideas, just no follow through. If you enjoy 12 hour shifts and working most Holidays with an invisible boss. Apply.
Productive fun place to work
Slitter Operator (Former Employee), Malvern,Pa.October 2, 2013
Pros: free lunches for safety!
Cons: healthcare!
Typical day work stay busy ,talk to coworkers,learned alot about computerized machines.Management is cool ,coworkers freindlyand fun,hardest part of job 24/7.the enjoyable part the job the setups on the machines.
Packer
Helper (Former Employee), New Vienna, OHJuly 27, 2013
Packed items that came off the line into boxes to be shipped out to different customers, making sure the items were correct and had the correct shipping labels.

About HUHTAMAKI

Huhtamaki Americas doesn't have customers eating out of its hands, but it does make the packaging to serve up dinner. The company – Read more

HUHTAMAKI Salaries