Hulu Employee Reviews

Good company
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 5, 2017
Approachable management, good pay, overall great benefits and inviting work environment. They encourage you to think beyond your position, and work to help elevate your whole team, not just yourself.
Not what you expect..
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 22, 2017
Management is AWFUL. Seems like everyone is out for themselves and no one really helps you. The company is fun, they provide with tons of snacks and beer/wine on tap and fun events, but job wise I would not recommend it. The President just left, a lot of C-suite executives have left this year, and I'm sure more will be leaving. Data is a mess and is very hard to work with several people.
Didn't want to leave, really!
Viewer Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 20, 2017
I loved working for HULU, and was eager to discover where my experiences could be put to use in other departments. As a Viewer Experience Advocate, I was able to work directly from a home office, which was very convenient. I answered phones. The daily influx of calls was that of a constant restaurant lunch rush for 8 hours straight. HULU is a very generous company, including a living wage, stellar benefits, plus other discounts and perks!
In my time I was under three different Leads, each of whom I professed interest in other areas of HULU. Unfortunately, I was taken seriously in my requests. I assumed that my VXA position was temporary, and my assumption was correct. The work from home position was eventually phased out and customer care was relocated to Texas. I still apply for HULU positions within my skill set.
Pros
wages, healthcare, other gifts and perks throughout the year!
Cons
little possibility for interdepartmental growth
Fun place to work with perks
Viewer Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for Hulu as a Virtual Support Agent from Home. I received support via chat channels and emails and had equipment provided at the time. I was able to watch Hulu free and test new updates and shows while working. It did get busy at times when there were issues that had customers upset and added stress when unable to help resolve. The management always had my back and helped in ways they could. I learned patience with people and workflow out of the company site allowed freedom of working from home. They relocated to call center in another state which ended my employment.
Pros
Free Hulu and premium channels, incentives for health programs, perks like shirts and hoodies.
Cons
Computer issues caused delays, app performance impacted stats
Great folks - dedicated to planning
Technical Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 14, 2017
The office was well laid out. The kitchen was well stocked.
The people were super friendly. The business was very well run, with a significant dedication to planning.
Not Good
Mysql - Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 9, 2017
The first con is the leniency that management exercises in not addressing problems immediately. There have been a few times in team meetings where issues were brought up and not addressed. Part of the problem is young, inexperienced managers. I know that training is in place to level up everyone in charge, but some folks just don’t have the personality to assert themselves and get things done.
Pros
salary
Cons
management
Good place if you enjoy taking calls
Viewer Experience Advocate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2017
Personally I dont enjoy working in a call center but if you have to make sure its hulu, they are generally pretty relaxed even during the stressful days but the majority of calls are angry callers
benefits
Cons
angry calls all day
Put the cart before the horse
viewer experience advocate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2017
Hulu would be a cool place to work if they could get their pay raised and their call volume down. They do not have it together when it comes to management and you will go unnoticed if you do not stay on top of them.
Pros
free hulu
Cons
attendance policy, lack of knowledge, pay rate, management
Fun workplace with very easy going coworkers and very fast paced.
Viewer Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 10, 2017
For my job position a typical working day was answering consecutive chats, on a slow day about 8-10 per hour. Using multiple systems to gather and overlook information and assist viewers to resolve their customer service questions or to troubleshoot. Management was great to work with however constant change within how information was communicated made it difficult to keep up. The workplace was awesome, everyone is very friendly. The hardest part of the job was during launches, very understaffed, and very little time to prepare. The most enjoyable part was the environment and the people in your department and above, they were always willing to share knowledge with one another.
Pros
free snacks, free streaming services, free gear, free yoga classes, free massages
Great company
Virtual Experience Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 6, 2017
Hulu was great. I enjoyed my timer there a lot. The management was friendly and supportive and my coworkers were always eager to give help on any questions I had.
Very Great company.
Customer Service/ Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 10, 2017
.Hulu is an amazing company. Many opportunities to grow and improve. This is a company that loves their employees. They always show appreciation ad the office is amazing.
Great virtual position
remote customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 6, 2017
Great work from home opportunity
Easy work, nothing too complicated
Hulu's customers are overall easy to deal with
fast-paced during the morning, usually slows down during the afternoon
Good company, inconsistent work demands
Viewer Experience Advocate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2017
Hulu as a company has been fantastic to work for. The benefits are excellent, the staff is friendly & supportive, and for the most part, management does right by the employees. Where Hulu is lacking is consistency on the actual job requirements. This is their first attempt at a call center, and while they've got several veterans of this type of work, they're not all on the same page. Staffing has been low during peak hours, so anyone who's working has been over-stressed. Higher levels of support give differing instructions on how to handle situations, which creates confusion for us & for the viewer. The tools they provide don't always cover the situations we face, thus making our jobs more difficult. The experience has taught me that I'm not suited for this type of environment, and that Hulu has some work to do to make this type of work suitable for its employees.
Pros
Excellent health care packages, national discounts, voluntary overttime
Cons
Inconsistent instructions, low staffing, lack of job tools
From a contractor's view, the employees seem very happy
Manager, Accounts Payable (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 8, 2017
Hulu has a collaborative entertainment industry culture, very lean on employees, always lots to do. The company goes out of it's way to arrange happy hours and department team-building gatherings, There are the normal frustrations as with any job, but Hulu really keeps you on your toes.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Reactionary
quick pace, overall fun place to work
Customer Service Support (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 3, 2017
often fast paced, most information readily shared, good opportunities to network and share information for the service and supported devices for the service
Pros
in house snacks
Cons
none major
Virtual Work
Viewer Experience Advocate (Current Employee) –  VirtualAugust 2, 2017
I really enjoyed my work with Hulu. Tons of room for growth and expansion. The company is growing rapidly. I was working remotely from home. It was great to be able to stay home with my kid. I wish Hulu would have never eliminated Virtual roles or I would still be working with them.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Relocated- lots of technical issues
Hulu abuses VXA's
VXA-Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2017
Hulu is a dysfunctional workplace that forces temps into contracts where they can exclude them from paid national holidays, understaffs/overworks and abuses VXA's and causes customer contacts due to their own technical ineptitiude. Everyday, a new problem will occur because Hulu simply doesn't know what they're doing. I've never worked for a company this unprofessional or disorganized. Communication is awful; it seems that the lack of harmony stems from insecurity from department heads and nobody knows what they're doing/talking about, especially management. This is an awful contract and I'd imagine the new center in Texas is getting low balled too.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Micromanaged, understaffed, inept management, abusive
Fun and creative workplace, great culture
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 19, 2017
Great place to work with an amazing culture.People love what they do there and work hard. Very fast paced environment, but also a lot of fun. Going through some changes due to growing so much, but working through those,
Contractor VXA
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 17, 2017
Contractors don't receive the benefits of a "hulugan" and it will take a toll on your attitude. Work is a fishbowl where things are moving at lightening speed. Unfortunately you will never know as a contractor. You will receive announcements of policy changes and product releases the day before or hours before. If you have a good team manager they will communicate with you and assist you with the adjustment. If you don't have a good team manager, you will never know how you're actually doing at work. You will only be warned when you are late.
Pros
Free Hulu, weekly pay period, work from home.
Cons
Inflexible, bad management, little to no communication, little room for advancement, isolationist culture.
Depends who you work for
Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2017
While it's the best culture I've ever worked in there are some real jerks in management that are tolerated at the highest levels of the organization - seriously. Management training only provided at mid level so those at top are not doing their own work to be good leaders. Board needs to hold them accountable.
Pros
Free "wind downs" - beer, wine, cheese parties weekly, free food
Cons
variation in experience based on which manager you get

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hulu. Our community is ready to answer.