Human Arc Employee Reviews in United States

Pay is fair but management stinks
PSR (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 14, 2016
This company appeared flexible and like the care about their employees during hiring process, but it is not the case. They are a typical cooperation with a lot of talk about integrity and character, but that all it is, talk. They definitely don't live their mission statement. You are expected to find your own coverage with no one really available to cover because they are always short staffed, no flexibility in schedule, not team players with their clients. Some people do their jobs, others don't and you are expected to complete their work. Management often says its not our job or worry about simple task that could help clients efficiency and their time spent reviewing same problems. Autonomous job for most part, but very frustrating unprofessional, non-compassionate management.
Job deals with insurance needs of poverty level clients.
It was a very diverse work enviroment.
Disability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 15, 2014
IT was never a typical day it was always changing.
I learned how social security benefits work for my clients.
my co-workers were very diverse and great to work with and assisted when needed.
great place to work!
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 4, 2014
I learn a lot while I worked there and the people there even the Doctor were always will to help you understand how to handle some of the very sick people there when I was not sure how to handle it myself. I never had to handle to much on my own we always work as a team. I wish I didn't have to move from there.
Pros
great hospital to work at when i first go out of collage.
Great atmosphere
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland ,ohioSeptember 30, 2014
Great place to work. mon- fri.

•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Eligibility Enrollment
Eligibility Enrollment Specialist/CSR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 13, 2014
I enjoyed that I was helping people who are under and uninsured receive the help that they need. I did not like that I was lied to. I had to go for major surgery and was told to call afterwards to come back to work. I was greeted with misplaced malice and disappointment.
too many chief's not enough Indians
Data entry for SSI and SSD (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 10, 2014
Too many chief's not enough Indians. You are always doing many task and never given a thank you or anything after work 55hr a week but I guess that is what management is told to do with us worker's.
Management is very cold and has no feel's as for you being human.
My co-worker's are great to work with we all understand each other and support each other with every thing we do!
Pros
great co-worker's
Cons
mangement staff no so nice at all!
A Great Place to Work!
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City/Jefferson City, MOMay 16, 2014
Working at Human Arc has been a very nice experience. I have learned alot about the medical field whether that pertains to government assistance programs or medical terminology. More importantly I have gained experience in social settings with patient's that ,at times, just need someone to listen.
My leadership is wonderful. They make it apparent they care and want to be involved in the whole employee. I have excellent co-workers & and working hard as a team is obvious in our successes with accounts.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to help or having to tell a patient "no", that there is nothing I can do to help their situation.
The best part of my job is going home at the end of everyday knowing I have made a difference in someone's life/day.
Pros
flexibility, leadership, job location, vacation time
Cons
ocassional communicable diseases come in contact with, pay, advancement opportunities
Be Careful
Former Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 16, 2013
The company challenges their employees with sometimes unreachable goals. Depending on the department you may have a good manager. This company was fair to its employees with benefits and paid time off. I worked with good people but management was not good in my area. The director in my area did not like confrontation and did not direct others very well. The director had favoritism with employees and falsely accused others with no facts. However, during my tenure I had a wonderful manager but they were promoted out of my area.
Pros
pay, benefits, time off
Cons
poor leadership, poor communication, unachievable goals
Fast past call center with very upbeat high energy employees
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 23, 2013
We log into a internet based phone to place and recieve calls to members of different Medicare Advantage Plans to assist them in apply for two different State and Federal funded programs that can help cover the cost of their part Bpremium and presciption drugs. The hardest part of the day is the call volume and being so understaffed. the most rewarding part of the day is assisting the elderly population in a way that they really need. Being retired and on a fixed, any additional assistance is very benificial and not all, but most members really appreciate the assistance provided to them.
Pros
jeans are acceptable and on site cafe
Cons
under staffed, very high call volume
Productive and engaging place to work
Temporary Enrollment and Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 2, 2013
This company is focused on assisting patients who do not have insurance. The company and employees works diligently on behalf of their patients, working countless hours, and providing excellent customer service.
Bilingual Account Representative I
Bilingual Account Representative I (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 14, 2012
My morning starts by logging into all of the proper systems, and taking inbound call and screening the patients for the Hospital Care Assurance Program also known by the acronoym H.C.A.P. H.C.A.P. is a state, free fund made available only to Ohio residents. It helps pay the portion of the hospital bill that the patient's insurance company does not cover. In between those inbound call our Quick Connect system dials the outbound calls, and I am responsible for screening the patients that I make contact with. In the evening, I call my uncooperative accounts. These are patients that are potentially eligible for H.C.A.P. and never returned their application. I leave messages and if contact is made I verify the mailing address. Then resend a reprint of the application, and in the process I inform the patient of the high importance of the applications being returned, while still taking inbound calls, and screening patients for the program.
A Great Place to Work!
Patient Service Representative - EES (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 23, 2012
Working at Human Arc provided me with alot of experience in a very rewarding position. Human Arc believes in reaching out the community and impacting lives in everything that they do. A typical day at work was never monotonous and there was always more to learn. Management was fair and very understanding. The hardest part of the job was disappointing hopeful patients when they were ineligible for assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing community outreach hours and team activities.