Human Services

Human Services Employee Reviews

Fulfilling place to work
TEACHER (Current Employee), Raymond, MSApril 28, 2015
Pros: Small classes, supportive administration
Cons: Must be a disciplinarystrong
Interesting, fulfilling, and commitment to educating young people. Students are eager to learn all about technology.
Productive and a great learning environment for all social workers
Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Greenwood, MSMarch 28, 2015
This job helped me to become a more competent social worker. It taught me how to handle real life situations. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to connect and learn from other experienced social workers. The management was so awesome!! The supervisor was so educated and professional and never handled situations lightly, she always did a great job at everything she went to do.
Working for the City of Chattanooga was a huge learning experience for me.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 10, 2015
Pros: the ability to meet, greet, and assist at least 68% of the city of chattanooga.
Cons: accepted employment with the idea that i would become a permanent employee when training was over.
While working with the human services the most important thing for me within a typical work day was the ability to remain positive and upbeat no matter what happens. As the front desk coordinator, I was generally the first person the clients had to talk to whether by phone or physically. Most of our clients have had hard situations and even harder lives. My main job was to prepare them for what they would need during appointments, job training courses, or further assistance paying their bills. The work team environment was one of the best I've seen in a long time. One thing that my team was constantly aware of; I'm always calm even in potentially stressful situations. They always trusted me to make the right decisions The hardest part of the job was making the choice to leave. I told my manager, she cried but said she was happy for me because she thinks that I deserve the best.
Never a dule moment
Eligibility Worker (Current Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 26, 2015
Working for the MDHS is a very easy job, but stressful. You're meeting different types of people daily with different personalities.
Working at the Department of Human Services was a pleasure
Preschool Teacher Social Service Aide II (Former Employee), St. Croix, Virgin IslandsJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: family atmosphere, caring staff
Cons: low rate of pay, lack of appreciation for employees
The most enjoyable part of working at the Dept. of Human Services day care center was watching the children develop into independent individuals.
Investigate
DHS Investigator/Special Projects Officer IV (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: benefits
The investigative division needs to be supervised by an individual with law enforcement experience.
Very rewarding place to work
CEO/OWNER - Home of Second Chances (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2014
This was a very rewarding position and fast past. as a Ceo of a Mental Health Company you had to be flexible, knowledgeable and willing to learn and make quick decisions. The growth of the company was your responsibility , therefore you had to make sure you had a strong team and people who were dedicated to helping others.
caseload
Child Support Enforcement Officer (Former Employee), Brandon, MSNovember 5, 2014
The caseload was stressful Policies always changing supervisor didn't know anything so therefore couldn't be helpful
Productive and fun place to work
Vocational Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee), Virgin IslandsAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work is assisting students with transitioning form school to work . making appointments .updating clients reports .and every Thursday is socialization with the clients

I have learned that every day I come to work is a new adventure with my clients and that they are people just me I see the ability and not the disability

Management at times is difficult as far getting all the resource that is needed to run the day to day activity of the program but somehow we all make it work at the end of the day the client is the top priority
My co-worker is like my family .We work very well together

the hardest part of my job is also the most enjoyable part of my job it the clients that we serve I have been doing this for years now this is my calling . My clients make me want to come into work everyday . I really love what I do .I cant imagine doing anything else
loved it
Housing Advisor Caseworker, Recertification CORE (Former Employee), pensacola flAugust 12, 2014
was home every night and the pay was great. awesome job and great people as well
every job I have had I have loved to do
data entry clerk - office (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2014
a typical day -- working to get information the drivers submitted for the day's and nights work

what I learned --- a lot -- change is good, knowledge is power

management and co-workers - great to work with over the years

hardest part of the day -- really nothing -- all in a days work

enjoyable part of the day -- making everyone happy
Human Services
Caseworker (Trainee) (Current Employee), Villa Park, ILJuly 20, 2014
Majority of the day is spent assisting customers with gaining benefits to assist with daily living, i.e. Medical Assistance, Supplemental food programs, and temporary assistance for needy families. My co-workers posses a wealth of knowledge about the programs that are offered to families, the average stay for the staff is eight to ten years.
Working with the public
Public Relations/ Server/ Retail (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 14, 2014
Pros: fun environment.
Trained new staff. Maintained a daily aspect in operations with a primary focus on excellence customer relations. Supervised and assisted in procedures.
Teaching children
Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKJuly 7, 2014
Pros: helping one child, lost of physical activity
Cons: when children was allowed to stay at daycare when sick.
Manage and teach a class of 18-20 pre-K children. Follow curriculum for Pre-k children as provided to daycare by state. Supervise class to ensure safety and secure play and learning enviornment.
Citizen advocate
DSP (Former Employee), Saranac LakeJune 23, 2014
Pros: drove around, shopped and did activities
Cons: low pay, not stable
I assisted intellectually disabled people in the community. My duties were to assist consumers with goals they needed to have done in the community. These consumers where high functioning individuals.
Challenging and rewarding workplace
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), West Chester, PAMay 13, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: no official breaks
There is no typical day at work for me, I work long days as the only person on weekend shifts. I am proficient and trusted enough to work shifts without an on site supervisor. My day deals with six different women in all walks of life, each with their own set of mental health disorders, trying to live together, get along and complete their personal goals. I've learned that everyone responds differently to different approaches and if I'm attentive enough I can figure out the best strategies to help all of the women I work with. The hardest part of my job is getting others to realize their potential and self worth after they have had continuous set backs and rejections. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with someone and they finally "get it" and start maximizing the resources available to them and eventually are able to transition out of assisted living and into the community.
productive
Volunteer Project - Introduction (Former Employee), owosso miApril 24, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: mentally hard
enjoyable
rewarding
helping
mentally hard
physically easy
productive
TWP-Office Assistant (Current Employee), Indianola, MSMarch 26, 2014
I love this job because of the fact that I love workign with children and also working in the office atmosphere.
Fun place to work, honest people.
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 25, 2014
Pros: company bought food when we had certain functions.
Cons: great place to work.
Fun and productive company and likeable trust worthy coworkers.
great program for the adults
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAMarch 20, 2014
Every day the people would come into the program and either attend an outing that I may have had scheduled or they would do activities at their stations.
I learned that having a connection with the families was a priority in this job. I was blessed to have so many families eagerly involved in their children's lives. It was very hard to make that connection at first, but the families earned my trust and were supportive of any ideas or concerns I may have had.
My co-workers were horrible to work with. I was the youngest and they were 40yrs old and above, been with the company for more than 15 years. I was their boss and they did no like change. I did not have support from management to find ways how we could compromise and make the work environment a positive atmosphere.
The most enjoyable part would be just spending some one on one time with the people. They all love life and they made you realize that life isn't all that bad. No matter what, they always had a smile on their face for you.

1 2 3