- A Bachelor’s degree in meteorology or atmospheric science from an accredited college or university required
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience required
- Direct experience with the National Weather Service required
- FAA knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with Contract Weather Observer (CWO) preferred
- Responsibility for the inspection and tracking of weather observation certifications.
- Development of FAA instructions based on weather instructions.
- Provide skilled support in meteorology to support development, evaluation, and analyses of weather data; must have good grasp of weather conditions.
- Duties may include oversight of individuals conducting observations.
- Dealing with the National Weather Services, and having a good understanding of their procedures.
- Work mostly independently; while in some cases collaborate with air traffic controllers and other experts.
- Attention to detail, great work ethic and customer service focus is a must
HSI is an EEO/AA Employer.
Indeed - 30+ days ago