A Master of Science in engineering with 5 years of experience, or a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering with 10 years of experience is required. The degree may be in any engineering discipline (i.e. Electrical, Civil, Computer Science, Industrial, Human Factors and Aeronautical) or a related field such as mathematics. Candidates must possess knowledge of multiple systems supporting departure flow management systems with specific system engineering expertise in software adaptation. Experience in writing and validating operational system requirements is preferred. Experience of the NAS preferred. Knowledge of systems including TBFM, TFDM and DSP, among others, preferred.
Works independently with minimal or no supervision and assists in gathering data, interpreting and providing solutions for complex problems, through analyzing current and historical programmatic and technical documentation, adaptation, software (to include defects) and system functionality. Outputs may include technical papers, data analysis graphs, trend reports, process diagrams and programmatic documentation such as schedules or baselines and presentations. Duties include an interdisciplinary approach using engineering principles. Consults extensively with customer representatives and employees.
Provide expertise in the sustainment and second-level engineering of software intensive computer systems, with an emphasis on configuration management, integration, integration testing, operational testing, test lab and tools usage, deployment, and second-level field support.
The following items are tasks that may be requested:
- Analyze software life cycle maintenance activities to include supporting release planning, development of software technical documentation and analyzing programmatic risk and schedule performance as it relates to release planning.
- Analyze test activities such as the development of test plans and procedures and scenarios and analyze the success of those activity outputs in identifying system defects.
- Assess regression tests, operational test and evaluations, controller free-form test sessions and identify, describe, develop and present test enhancements or best practices.
- Conduct a software static analysis quality assessments, code test-coverage assessments, and development or application of software design and code metrics.
- Analyze air traffic control site operations, site adaptation, system settings and system functions.
- Analyze system defects.
- Apply program and project practices for estimation, scheduling, monitoring and control.
- Apply quality management practices, include software quality management.
- Support business process engineering and modeling.
- Support organizational development and training practices.
- Engage in the application of mathematical theory and statistical theory and methods to collect organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data to provide information for management and decision making.
- Provide expertise in a specific technical area defined by the government.
HSI is an EEO/AA Employer.
Please also email resume to Resumes(AT)HumanSolutionsInc.com in addition to submitting it on indeed.