Human Technologies Corporation Employee Reviews

Helpful, understanding office staff. Hard work!
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  NYS Fair, Syracuse, NYNovember 29, 2017
Physically challenging work. Sometime disorderly or slow to cooperate clientele. Patience a must!!! Double time and 1/2 pay on labor day. Good job if you are in good physical condition. Little or no downtime.
Pros
Understanding office staff/management.
Cons
Hard, physically demanding work. Few breaks.
I still believe in what this company stands for
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 24, 2017
When I worked here the management needed some improvement, but there is definite room for advancement depending where you start out. They offer many health benefits if you are willing to pay for them and the work environment can be relaxed at times.

I learned a lot from this job, including how to work as a team with co-workers, as well as the demands and expectations that come with an office environment.
Pros
Advancement, Health Care, Family Oriented
Cons
Unsafe work environment at times
Keeping busy made the job easier and the time go more quickly.
Janitor/Rubbish Removal (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Removed trash from NYS Fair grounds. I learned how to use a blower to gather small trash. The management allowed me to work by myself. I worked with a lot of the same people on the job year after year. I didn't like how the people who didn't work much played around too much on the job. I liked completing my jobs and getting well accredited for it.
Pros
Clothing provided, water supplied
Cons
The job smelled.
Great Pay and Great Job
Landscaper/Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 20, 2017
This company has great benefits, pay and working environment. This was probably one of the best companies to work for. They do have excellent hours as well.
Pros
Great Pay and Hours
Cons
Very Strict
Great work sites
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 8, 2017
Great pay great workers great cleaning items great hours great workplace the hardest part of the job was stripping the wax off the floor but the job is very fun and a great job for someone that loves to clean
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
heatlh care
Easy work
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, NYDecember 13, 2016
Custymize Computers is a family owned company that has a lot of potential. The owner has beer in the business for a very long period of time. He's very experienced and knowledgeable and willing to teach employees if they want to learn. Flex hours, decent pay for the work.
Rewarding culture to work in. Candidates must be willing to work with people with disabilities.
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 14, 2016
A typical day in a management position was to review any problems from the day before. Address all issues before they become a problem for the staff. Coordinate all work activities for the staff in all buildings. Plan for capitol projects, and submit for approval. Once approved oversee the project until completion.
Chair the safety department. Receive accident/incident reports and investigate within 24 hours. Implement changes to procedures or determine if additional training is necessary.
Pros
Very rewarding working with people with disabilities.
Cons
Sometimes the days weren't long enough to accomplish all tasks.
yes productive work place, fun and hard work.
Collecting trash around area, cleaning. (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 29, 2016
hard work have to be physically in shap to do work, lifting heavy bags of trash sometimes bags break, walking miles to collect trash, you are exspedcted to wear long pants for protecting your legs and work uniform. learned to keep suroundings clean, to be promped and to give directions to visitors at the Fair grounds, love the sun and the rain. there are many beautiful people who go to the fair and to be polite and kind, and to get along with other co-workers.
Other co-workers are easy to get along with usually no problems.
Hardest part about collecting trash is when bag of trash breaks open, cleaning it up takes a lot of time, some times bags are heavy.
I like being out side, i like seeing the events that take pace at the NY State Fair, lots of fun.
i love the sun shine, and the rain and the many different people that come to the Great NY State fair.
good
Cons
get good break time
Decent pay and benefits compared to similar jobs, poor management and morale.
Lead Janitor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 3, 2016
This is a company that you can support your family with if you can deal with inept supervisors that give you misinformation when you are just looking for an honest answer to a question, broken equipment that takes forever to be fixed, and a good ole boy atmosphere that STRONGLY favors men. If you want ANYTHING accomplished you need to make sure you have the numbers for all the company officers and harass them for a month, forget about your direct supervisor, they are overworked also and will take months to get back to you for anything you need. If you do decide you can tolerate it, DON'T take on any extra responsibilities! You will regret it, and it will burn you out that much quicker.
Pros
Benefits, paid holidays and vacation time
Cons
Mismanagement, not given enough time to do work
Hard work but is worth it
Janitorial Services (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 18, 2015
The work requires being able to work with different cleaning products. Have to be able to work with people with disabilities, i.e., mental, learning, and physical disabilities.
Pros
early hours
Cons
working in the heat with cleaning products
productive great place to work
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 12, 2015
i loved working there wish i was still there learn many skills there bosses are great hr people are awesome pays good costumers are great people
Pros
great bennifits
Cons
wish they had more work
not enough team suport
Janitorial Associate/Seasonal Laborer (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 24, 2015
human technologies did not treat me fair as their employee ! I was fired for do the job I was hired and trained to do ! not given a chance to defend myself against the allegations lodged against.
Pros
na
Cons
na
inconsistant communication with area supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 10, 2014
I would make sure all areas was clean and safe. how to keep my complaints down. did not appreciate my work performance. had alot of issues at home. was the trust from staff. when i was told that im doing a super job.
Pros
the food and drinks
Cons
the breaks was a little short
It made good money in a short time.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 17, 2014
I worked the night shift for thirteen days cleaning up trash at the NYS Fair. I didn't learn much as I already had many cleaning skills. The management was very poor as most of the management was poor. The co-workers committed crimes at work and got away with them. The hardest part of the job was avoiding trouble as the co-workers were dangerous. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to work with my wife on late summer nights.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Mean co-workers
Training Program
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 11, 2013
Use a glue gun, a stapler machine, make kits, put stickers on boxes, lift heavy boxes, insert merchandise into boxes, sweep floors at the end of each shift.
Pros
Piece Rated also Bonus Checks
Cons
Short Breaks
Good for interfacing with challenged that need guidance.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 8, 2013
Expectations are high for the work required. Mentally handicapped supervisor is paid less than employees. Go figure....It had been addressed many times and good to great talent has had to quit for scrupulous reasons.
Pros
Doing disabled justice in labor force.
Cons
More like case work that is underpaid.
good place to work
janitor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 31, 2012
cleaned took out trash . to be a better janitor . co-workers were nice to work with .the hardest part of the job was keeping the bathrooms cleaned . all lot of pepole used them . the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the place was clean at the end of day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Human Technologies Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8