Humana Insurance

Humana Insurance Employer Reviews

Rewarding company
Claims Adjuster II (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not much for advancement
Humana is a great company to work for but since receiving my Master's I'm looking for a change in career. A typical day at work is reviewing claims and making final analysis to determine whether we would allow or deny claims for a major insurance company. In working have a eye for detail, answer questions from co-workers, resolving difficult problems. – more... The hardest part of my job is when the vendors we work with do not follow rules that company have implemented it makes what you're doing hard. My most enjoyably part of my job is helping others learn their job more efficiently. – less
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 10, 2014
Pros: fun projects, games with co-workers
Cons: flexibility, high call volume
A typical day at work involves answering inbound calls from Humana insurance members and providers from various medical offices. I have learned that giving our senior citizens with up to date and accurate information can create a more efficient society. The hardest part of my job is being responsible with other individuals personal and medical information. – more... It is our job to provide honest and reliable service and it can become challenging when the call volume is very high. The most enjoyable part of my job is being surrounded by my co-workers that keep me laughing and my supervisor that creates a fun environment in a field that can be stressful at times. – less
Exceptional training
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDJune 8, 2014
My initial training consisted of three weeks of intensive of classroom training covering all aspects of insurance and sales objections. I learned much more in this environment than I would ever have learned in self-study materials. Once through the training and getting out into the field and meeting and talking with people I found that this was what – more... I really enjoyed doing on a daily basis. – less
Productive and Constructive
Project Analyst DMR (Direct Member Reimbursement) (Current Employee), Louisville, KyMay 5, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: away from interacting with people
I work from home, so my day consist of review of 100's of cases submitted to the company for reimbursement. Auditing claims already processed to make sure it's processed correctly. I've had multiple managers since i've become a WFH just since October 2013. My co-workers we usually don't have much interaction unless were doing a conference call.

I enjoy – more... my hours and the fact I don't have to drive in traffic on a daily bases. – less
I enjoyed working with all the different staff members
Provider Network Consultant (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 30, 2014
I learned about Medicare, contracting and IPA's. We had many training sessions to assist us with our jobs.
Phone Time
Retail Customer Service (Current Employee), jacksonville flApril 29, 2014
I enjoy my job on a daily basis. I speak with Humana members daily.
Clinical nurse advisor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 11, 2014
Performing clinical reviews for Medicare patients for outpatients procedures taking incoming calls from providers and members checking status pending case. Perform outbound calls to members and providers. interact with medical director on case reviews that do not meet criteria.
Taking care of customers insurance information and also billing payments
Verification Representative/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: they give people second chances
Cons: it is a lot of drama and it doesn't feel like a great work place environment
Verify customers insurance information, taking care payments, also helping then with their prescriptions information
Health Matters at Humana
Customer Care Specialist/Variable Staffing Pool (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 10, 2014
Humana,

Is a great company that cares about their employees I learned a lot from Humana that I will be able to carry on to my next employer!
not fun
Specialty Benefits / New Business Administrator (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: bad management, short breaks
I personally hate working for Humana. The management was terrible, constantly breathing down your back and not allowing you to prove yourself by working alone. Breaks were very short. Benefits were included but the deductible was insanely high.
UTILIZATION MANAGEMENT - CONCURRENT REVIEW (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: *
Cons: *
Managed care insurance company...management not very supportive, day time work hours with no weekends. Heavy work loads
AEP Period
Insurance Agent (Medicare Advantage/Rx) (Current Employee), Hurricane, WVJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: the lower prices of the products compared to others.
Cons: the limits to when they can be sold, as well as to discussion times and the inability to mix with other products such as suppliments, must be kept seperate. this can cause problems for the agents.
My time working for Humana consists mostly during the AEP time period but I am still licensed to sale through & with them, alongside of Bankers Life products.
Insurance Sales Agent
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2014
Sold Medicare insurance , also Medicare supplements, Dental , Vision, and life insurance, such as memorial fund, Junior Estate Builder, Cash Cancer, etc. Internal agent Mostly Inbound, but made outbound sales calls on occasion.
Productive, team building exercises, open door policy
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: micro managed
Ran reports, distributed work to employees, adjusted Medicare claims, Subject Matter Expert and lead Answered questions and concerns of employees
Good Pay.. Needs Work life balance
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2013
Good Pay.. Needs Work life balance. Needs more layers of management
Not fun. Very stresssfull at all times
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 12, 2013
Humana is not a family oriented work place. Very stressfull
fun place to work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 27, 2013
Solicit and enroll members in Humana's health plan.
Hold seminars.
Perform customer service work with my current members.
Great earning potential
Licensed Life and Health Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 20, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: call center
Phones..... telemarketing.
Gain Great experience. /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Good attmpts at employee satisfaction, but a difficult work environment
Clinical Advisor-Medicare (Current Employee), Metairie, LASeptember 8, 2013
Stressful job, Management is unable to keep promises made due to the difficulty of the job.
great job
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Cary, NCSeptember 5, 2013
inbound calls from elderly person 65+ for information regarding health insurance benefits, billing, medical and pharmacy claims.