Humana Insurance

Humana Insurance Employer Reviews

Hard worker with a professional attitude.
Billing & Enrollment/Pharmaceutical Rep (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2014
I strive everyday to provide the best customer service and I have learned that even when on the phone with a member they can still tell wether I smile or not. My coworkers can depend and rely on me when looking for guidence and the most enjoyable part of every job is hearing or seeing a happy customer.
Nice place to have worked,
Medical Claims Processor Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2014
Medical Provider Review was a great place to work with the nurses one on one.
Excellent
Tele-Sales/ (Licensed insurance agent) (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great incentives
Cons: no big complaints
Great opportunities for new projects. Always great pay, and bennifits.
Sysyem security
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: updaing the co-workers correct security
Cons: not being able to help others and having to write defects
Updating the system applications with the co-workers security
Medical assistant
Record Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Ability to prioritize workload and meet goals and deadlines
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Expertise in developing and implementing effective policies and procedures
Ability to develop and deliver training; proven leadership skills
Excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing stressful circumstances
Punctual, – more... diligent and professional with the ability to plan work and meet deadlines
Ability to lead, direct, coordinate, supervise, and manage the work of diverse workforce
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Bilingual: English & Spanish – less
Okay
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Cary, NCJuly 22, 2014
I liked the job as far as the company. I didn't like the people that I worked with, it was as if they didn't want you to advance in the field. They treated you as if you were beneath them and they were better than you.
n/a
Medicare Customer Care/Billing/Claim specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
i enjoyed working for he company overall. a Great experience with helping others
Rewarding company
Claims Adjuster II (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not much for advancement
Humana is a great company to work for but since receiving my Master's I'm looking for a change in career. A typical day at work is reviewing claims and making final analysis to determine whether we would allow or deny claims for a major insurance company. In working have a eye for detail, answer questions from co-workers, resolving difficult problems. – more... The hardest part of my job is when the vendors we work with do not follow rules that company have implemented it makes what you're doing hard. My most enjoyably part of my job is helping others learn their job more efficiently. – less
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 10, 2014
Pros: fun projects, games with co-workers
Cons: flexibility, high call volume
A typical day at work involves answering inbound calls from Humana insurance members and providers from various medical offices. I have learned that giving our senior citizens with up to date and accurate information can create a more efficient society. The hardest part of my job is being responsible with other individuals personal and medical information. – more... It is our job to provide honest and reliable service and it can become challenging when the call volume is very high. The most enjoyable part of my job is being surrounded by my co-workers that keep me laughing and my supervisor that creates a fun environment in a field that can be stressful at times. – less
Exceptional training
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDJune 8, 2014
My initial training consisted of three weeks of intensive of classroom training covering all aspects of insurance and sales objections. I learned much more in this environment than I would ever have learned in self-study materials. Once through the training and getting out into the field and meeting and talking with people I found that this was what – more... I really enjoyed doing on a daily basis. – less
Productive and Constructive
Project Analyst DMR (Direct Member Reimbursement) (Current Employee), Louisville, KyMay 5, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: away from interacting with people
I work from home, so my day consist of review of 100's of cases submitted to the company for reimbursement. Auditing claims already processed to make sure it's processed correctly. I've had multiple managers since i've become a WFH just since October 2013. My co-workers we usually don't have much interaction unless were doing a conference call.

I enjoy – more... my hours and the fact I don't have to drive in traffic on a daily bases. – less
I enjoyed working with all the different staff members
Provider Network Consultant (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 30, 2014
I learned about Medicare, contracting and IPA's. We had many training sessions to assist us with our jobs.
Phone Time
Retail Customer Service (Current Employee), jacksonville flApril 29, 2014
I enjoy my job on a daily basis. I speak with Humana members daily.
Clinical nurse advisor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 11, 2014
Performing clinical reviews for Medicare patients for outpatients procedures taking incoming calls from providers and members checking status pending case. Perform outbound calls to members and providers. interact with medical director on case reviews that do not meet criteria.
Taking care of customers insurance information and also billing payments
Verification Representative/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: they give people second chances
Cons: it is a lot of drama and it doesn't feel like a great work place environment
Verify customers insurance information, taking care payments, also helping then with their prescriptions information
Health Matters at Humana
Customer Care Specialist/Variable Staffing Pool (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 10, 2014
Humana,

Is a great company that cares about their employees I learned a lot from Humana that I will be able to carry on to my next employer!
not fun
Specialty Benefits / New Business Administrator (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: bad management, short breaks
I personally hate working for Humana. The management was terrible, constantly breathing down your back and not allowing you to prove yourself by working alone. Breaks were very short. Benefits were included but the deductible was insanely high.
UTILIZATION MANAGEMENT - CONCURRENT REVIEW (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: *
Cons: *
Managed care insurance company...management not very supportive, day time work hours with no weekends. Heavy work loads
AEP Period
Insurance Agent (Medicare Advantage/Rx) (Current Employee), Hurricane, WVJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: the lower prices of the products compared to others.
Cons: the limits to when they can be sold, as well as to discussion times and the inability to mix with other products such as suppliments, must be kept seperate. this can cause problems for the agents.
My time working for Humana consists mostly during the AEP time period but I am still licensed to sale through & with them, alongside of Bankers Life products.
Insurance Sales Agent
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2014
Sold Medicare insurance , also Medicare supplements, Dental , Vision, and life insurance, such as memorial fund, Junior Estate Builder, Cash Cancer, etc. Internal agent Mostly Inbound, but made outbound sales calls on occasion.

1 2 3