Humana Insurance

Humana Insurance Employer Reviews

Good place to work but overworked you
Prior Authorization Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 23, 2015
It had a good steady work flow and healthy competition. They over worked us and didn't really have good work/ life balance
Enjoyable environment, nice people to work with and for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good healthcare, 401k matching, employee perks and discounts at retail stores
Cons: not enough work to keep me busy and pay is below average.
It has given me an opportunity to learn a side of the insurance company that I never knew existed. I support clinicians who support members who have been hospitalized and are in need of health care services.
I support by doing daily reports for productivity, making sure members receive the needed support from home health services etc...
For me the best part of the job is knowing that I am doing my part in making sure that members are getting the healthcare and services they need.
N/A
Customer Service Rep/Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 2, 2015
I loved this job i had fun working there I had my ups and downs but the good out weighed the bad great environment as well. I would most definitely go back to this job if I could.
Very fast paced environment, Wonderful peers to work work.
RN clinical advisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
As an insurance company dealing with new products related to the ACA there is a lot of change and flexibility needed on the part of employees. It was a great place to see how the insurance part of health care worked for a large company.

My immediate supervisors were very open to the employees needs and assisted in the learning process. As far as co-workers I couldn't have asked for a nicer group to work with.

The most difficult part of the job was the adjusting to frequent changes in the insurance field related to the ACA, The best part was working with very friendly co-workers.
Great employee compensation and bonuses
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great ppl
Cons: very negitive job
helping agents on the phones manage accounts and guiding thm to find the correct information for the customer.
Humana Insurance
Financial Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: challangeing
Cons: trying
I held a few different positions while at Humana. I started as a claims investigator. I called insured's updating accident information, full time student information, and other insurance information. I would then update the information and release the claim to be paid or to go to the next department for processing. After that, I became a claims processor. I would review the edits to check if the claim was okay to process or if it needed to be checked for accuracy. My final position was working in the recovery area. I would attempt to collect overpayments from insured's or providers. I would be responsible for showing them how it was over paid, so they would understand it.
Employee/Leader Relationships
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIDecember 26, 2014
Pros: hours and benefits
Cons: huge workload. mulitple job responsibilites not hired for
The company as a whole is a great place to work for and they do strive very hard to make the employees happy, however the issue is among the employee to leader relationships. Based on my experience there is a lot of inter office relationships and if you are not in them, don't expect advancement, but if you are involved, you will surely be advanced and receive special treatment.
Had a workout room, great cafeteria!!
Customer Service Speciialist (Former Employee), Green Bay, WINovember 25, 2014
Pros: fitness, free lunches, free parking
Cons: verbally abusive supervisor
Being a multi-tasker, people pleaser, a team player. Hardest part I would say was having members using foul language.
Hard worker with a professional attitude.
Billing & Enrollment/Pharmaceutical Rep (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2014
I strive everyday to provide the best customer service and I have learned that even when on the phone with a member they can still tell wether I smile or not. My coworkers can depend and rely on me when looking for guidence and the most enjoyable part of every job is hearing or seeing a happy customer.
Nice place to have worked,
Medical Claims Processor Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2014
Medical Provider Review was a great place to work with the nurses one on one.
Excellent
Tele-Sales/ (Licensed insurance agent) (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great incentives
Cons: no big complaints
Great opportunities for new projects. Always great pay, and bennifits.
Sysyem security
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: updaing the co-workers correct security
Cons: not being able to help others and having to write defects
Updating the system applications with the co-workers security
Medical assistant
Record Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Ability to prioritize workload and meet goals and deadlines
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Expertise in developing and implementing effective policies and procedures
Ability to develop and deliver training; proven leadership skills
Excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing stressful circumstances
Punctual, diligent and professional with the ability to plan work and meet deadlines
Ability to lead, direct, coordinate, supervise, and manage the work of diverse workforce
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Bilingual: English & Spanish
Okay
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Cary, NCJuly 22, 2014
I liked the job as far as the company. I didn't like the people that I worked with, it was as if they didn't want you to advance in the field. They treated you as if you were beneath them and they were better than you.
n/a
Medicare Customer Care/Billing/Claim specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
i enjoyed working for he company overall. a Great experience with helping others
Rewarding company
Claims Adjuster II (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not much for advancement
Humana is a great company to work for but since receiving my Master's I'm looking for a change in career. A typical day at work is reviewing claims and making final analysis to determine whether we would allow or deny claims for a major insurance company. In working have a eye for detail, answer questions from co-workers, resolving difficult problems. The hardest part of my job is when the vendors we work with do not follow rules that company have implemented it makes what you're doing hard. My most enjoyably part of my job is helping others learn their job more efficiently.
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 10, 2014
Pros: fun projects, games with co-workers
Cons: flexibility, high call volume
A typical day at work involves answering inbound calls from Humana insurance members and providers from various medical offices. I have learned that giving our senior citizens with up to date and accurate information can create a more efficient society. The hardest part of my job is being responsible with other individuals personal and medical information. It is our job to provide honest and reliable service and it can become challenging when the call volume is very high. The most enjoyable part of my job is being surrounded by my co-workers that keep me laughing and my supervisor that creates a fun environment in a field that can be stressful at times.
Exceptional training
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDJune 8, 2014
My initial training consisted of three weeks of intensive of classroom training covering all aspects of insurance and sales objections. I learned much more in this environment than I would ever have learned in self-study materials. Once through the training and getting out into the field and meeting and talking with people I found that this was what I really enjoyed doing on a daily basis.
Productive and Constructive
Project Analyst DMR (Direct Member Reimbursement) (Current Employee), Louisville, KyMay 5, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: away from interacting with people
I work from home, so my day consist of review of 100's of cases submitted to the company for reimbursement. Auditing claims already processed to make sure it's processed correctly. I've had multiple managers since i've become a WFH just since October 2013. My co-workers we usually don't have much interaction unless were doing a conference call.

I enjoy my hours and the fact I don't have to drive in traffic on a daily bases.
I enjoyed working with all the different staff members
Provider Network Consultant (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 30, 2014
I learned about Medicare, contracting and IPA's. We had many training sessions to assist us with our jobs.

1 2 3