Humana Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,800 reviews matching the search
Con artists.
CSR (Former Employee) –  McGregor, FLMay 20, 2016
They would tell us not to let the members know we could do a mail order override on purpose so they didn't know there was still a way to provide their medication early, or if there was an error. We pretty much lied to our customers. Their plans said that things were covered, but then would find out later it wasn't covered.
Pros
The customers were friendly.
Cons
We were told to lie.
Csr
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 17, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at this company. It was new for me and I learned a lot about collections. It was a challenge and I always welcome a challenge. It was in a great location and I met a lot of wonderful people. Great place to work.
Enjoyable place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 17, 2016
Humana is a wonderful company to work for. They make sure that all of the employees are given a 30 minute wellness break once a week to re-energize themselves. Humana wants their employees to give all members their full dedication and support.
Fast Paced Environment
Provider Payment Integrity Clinical Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 16, 2016
I learned an enormous amount of information about insurance processing of claims. I was responsible for reviewing data and providing reports on various claims.
Typical Day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 16, 2016
We sit at our desk and work members cases, depending on the reason their medication is denying we than deicide how to proceed. Th hardest part of my job is not being able to approve medication for memebers who are in need and their life depends on it
Pros
good location
Cons
short breaks and not enough compensation
customer service (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 16, 2016
It was a learning experience dealing with elderly individuals. Billing customer service dealing with medical as well as prescription question. helping set up payment arrangements helping and refer to different resources for individual with low income
Pros
helping others
Cons
My only con was my child was ill i could not prevent such matter and was fired
Relax workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 13, 2016
Typical day at Humana, busy. Very relax atmosphere and very enjoyable to work at a great company. Have Great perks and Humana really care about the members.
nice company
Customer Care/Research Unit Liaison (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 13, 2016
This was a nice place to work. The people were very pleasant and I learned a lot about HHC services, I was sad to leave when they closed
Pros
nice enviroment
Cons
it closed
Cultivated company with Values
Customer care specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 11, 2016
I love working for Humana it is a excellent company to work for. I would not leave Humana for anything best place of employment. Humana has many benefits, values, and engagement as a whole.
Csr
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSMay 11, 2016
Great experience working in a call center. Its hectic sometimes,but as a team we got through it. Had an awesome Supervisor

Want to know more about Humana?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace with an onsite GYM
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 10, 2016
As a Medical claims analysts I spend majority of my workday on the computer, entering data and reviewing reports. I also communicate with providers via email and telephone. I was required to work a 40 hour workweek but I did more than that most of the time in order to stay on top of things, thus my typical day was busy, intense, but fun.
Medical claims analyst are expected to have knowledge of medical terminology and medical procedures which I didn’t have. I learned so much and became an expert because Humana has a very good training program in place. Management was great and my team was wonderful. We pounced ideas off of each other.
The hardest part was at the beginning learning the medical terminology, medical procedure, and coding. The most enjoyable part was understanding the industry lingo, the company’s products and service, applying them, thus putting a smile on the members and providers faces.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
I can not think of any
ok place to work
Utilization Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2016
I have been with the company for about 8 years. I have worked in Ohio and Georgia. The Company is ok health insurance could be better
Good benefits
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 9, 2016
Great place to work with good benefits, a lot of production base environment but overall good company to work for. Good management for the most part.
pros and cons like any other job
Transition Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeMay 9, 2016
My experience with Humana has been that it is very compartmentalized and employee experience varies by program/department.
Pros
telecommute largely available, great benefits
Cons
no job security if program gets cut
Highly intense customer service call center
Member Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 9, 2016
Great company with awesome benefits. Very stressful at times, and the training was somewhat informative. You have to be very knowledgeable in what you are informing the customers about. But the team you work with is great and supportive.
Nice place
Report Developer (Former Employee) –  Blue Lagoon, FLMay 8, 2016
Flexibility given by manager ad good place to work. Employers are good and understanding, they patiently explain you the business process.
Company Review
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 6, 2016
A company that strives on it Values and commitment.
Company Values
Inspire
Rethink Routine
Cultivate Uniqueness
Pioneer Simplicity
Thrive Together
This company is big on advancement
Co-workers were like family
Unorganized medicare risk adjustment departments on a local level.
Senior Medical Coding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 6, 2016
I was very pleased with the corporate office that ran Humana, however, there was an unorganized management system at the local level. When I started, Medicare had still not fully moved to a risk adjusted payment system for their Medicare Advantage plans. The team that was creating the MRA system at Humana was very supportive of their MRA staff and allowed us to make up the rules as we went along, because there really weren't any besides the Medicare guidelines. However after a few years, my new manager had no managed care experience and did not understand medical billing or coding, which made our jobs as medical coding auditors very difficult. I was a respected medical coding auditor by the Chicago IPAs I worked with and was soon recruited by Wellcare.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
disorganized local management
Good place to work.
FIELD CARE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2016
I was able to make my own hours. I got to mentor new associates. I like that the manager gave me extra responsibilities to prepare for manager.
Pros
making my own schedule
Cons
the traffic
Unrealistic attendance policy
Limited Term Associate- 40 hrs week (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 4, 2016
This company does not take into consideration, unexpected health issues that may arise. People do not expect to have a health condition that causes them to be totally incapacitated for a time. Especially when they are just starting with the company.