Humana

1.1K reviews

Humana Employee Reviews

Found 1,126 reviews matching the search
Superficial Environment
Limited Term Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 11, 2016
The money is great. You will work OT. People are very judgmental. They want you to stay at your desk and remain silent, like kindergartens.
Pros
Wellness Time
Cons
Rude supervisors that belittle limited term associates
Great work environment, great pay and great people
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Working at Humana was a great experience. They helped me get licensed in various states and taught me various new things in the insurance industry.
Pros
plenty of overtime opportunities
Cons
very short breaks
Stressful
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIFebruary 9, 2016
The job takes a toll on you as a human. Working with the customers is amazing but the stress becomes overwhelming. They want a robot not a human being
Typical call center
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2016
If you are o.k. with call center type of work then this is right up your alley. Very mundane and repetitive work. Very micro managed environment.
Cons
micro managed
Team Oriented Work environment
Clinical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Very good place to work. Good support from management. Not much room for advancement in the position that I held. Salary was okay.
Great Work environment
Clinical Advisor-RN Utilization Management (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 4, 2016
Wonderful company to work for. They strive to provide a pleasant working environment through health and well being of the employees/associates and they are strong supporters of individual growth and development as well as company growth and development. They truly care about what goes on in the Insurance Members lives and how they can better provide care/services for each individual person. Members are considered people not papers or numbers.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
none at this time
Good pay and Work-Life balance
Business Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2016
Infusion LDP was a huge let-down
Little opportunity for advancement, mostly want to bring in people from other companies
fun
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 29, 2016
Loved working for the company. I enjoyed helpimg people with there claims. I could tell when the customer had a smile on there face. When they did it also gave me a smile as well.
There are plenty of information suitable to better the skills of any allied health professional.
Data Entry, Claim Processing (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Great place to work. Unfortunately, I was a temporary emplyee and number 2 in productivity. On a saturday mornig, I received a call telling me that I am no longer working in this position, which will be filled by a Spanish speaker whereas the position deos not require a Spanish-speaker. Since I had no say as a temporary emplyee, I had to accept whatever position they had available though unrelated to my field of study.
Work life and benefits
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 28, 2016
No standardization among job titles or skill. some analyst move mountains while other can't even open excel. some can't even connect to the internet without help
wouldn't advise
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHJanuary 27, 2016
went through a temp agency and it was awful, then getting into the company was awful. The job description was MUCH more than what was told to me upon hire. The management is awful, you get different information from different "tier" employees, and their time off policy is awful. If you have a family, they don't care if your child gets sick, or something comes up.
customer service
Medicare Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 27, 2016
Great for customer service and healthcare industry experience. The position would be a great stepping stone to move to something better.
Great Building Block
Clinical Claims Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 26, 2016
Humana was a very good place to me. I left due to the merger with another Insurance Company that reflected my job. I was able to work in 3 different departments within the company and enjoyed working with customers daily.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
busy and busy
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 26, 2016
a typical work day is calls all day
either you come to work or else type of environment
training was hectic as well
it was hard to take days off
great pay and hours
Humana is Awesome
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2016
Humana is a company that cares about their employee's. Depending on the job I dealt with medicare members and assigned requested PCP to their accounts. Management was great, they answered my questions and were always there when needed. The most enjoyable part of working at Humana was the gym access and the cafeteria in the lunch room.
Pros
great benefits, management and pay
Great, supportive work environment
Humana Care Manager - Social Services (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 24, 2016
I enjoy being a work at home employee and the benefits that Humana, Inc. offers to associates from the work hours and salary to the insurance coverage and other fringe benefits. I enjoy my work environment as my team is very supportive and encouraging. The most difficult part of the job is the technical aspect of software glitches that hinder work production. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help the members with their health care related concerns.

I love Humana, Inc and I plan on retiring from here because I truly believe in and support the values and culture of the organization. It's a great workplace and the growth potential is what you make it!
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Secluded work environment
Feedback
Business Analyst/Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 20, 2016
Management was good. Work was interesting. Lot of opportunities to explore. Overall the company is good and recommendable.
Productive Call Center
Direct Marketing Sales- License Telesales Agent (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Handled each call with care as to provide top customer service and orientation, which Humana coaches on. Selling, selling, and selling while staying compliant to regulatory laws as well as company processes.
At this point still completing training
External Agent/Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  PAJanuary 14, 2016
Humana's training is organized and all instructions clear. Their company philosophy is extremely customer based.

As a past consumer of Humana services, I found them second to none.
Pros
Customer satisfaction and service oriented, Humana has a great focus program for serving US veterans.
Cons
My local hospital system stopped accepting their insurance.
great worklace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 13, 2016
A fun workplace. Loved the training and interaction with all the employees. Management kept everyone motivated and upbeat.I really enjoyed working for them