Humana Employee Reviews

Found 2,753 reviews matching the search
Great team members that work together in a fast paced enviornment
Hospital Contract Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 17, 2017
A typical day would be to manage existing accounts with healthcare providers to ensure contracts were in compliance, that the customer concerns issues were address. Also to look for new contract opportunities and negotiate contracts that meet company requirements . Build relationships with provider groups to maximize the opportunity to provide healthcare management to the members we served
Pros
focused individuals that want the best for our members
Cons
Often a disconnected culture between management and staff
A great company with unique company culture
Strategic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2017
Humana is a great company with unique company culture. the company seems to be growing in some areas and downsizing other areas which is probably necessary to remain financially viable.
Former Employee
Utilization Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 16, 2017
Humana is not horrible. The people are. The CEO is not a good person. Management is not the best. There are a lot of things going being done wrong in different regions. Mid-South really needs a lot of work
Pros
They focus on wellness and Medicare members are treated like diamonds. WAH opportunity available.
Cons
Health insurance is limited and cost too much, Management is laughable. Mid-South is an embarrassment.
not what it seemed
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40206August 16, 2017
in the beginning it seems very good atmosphere. then as the weeks went by, people began not showing up for work. then you learn they did show up, they were escorted from the building and not able to report to their offices for duty. there was never a proper release, just immediate disposal of your position.
Pros
beautiful view
Cons
no security
Medicare Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2017
workplace is a good place
hardest part of the job is the testing
the most enjoyable is talking with the members
what I learned how to sell medicare
Pros
na
Cons
na
n/a
Production Lead, Humana Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 16, 2017
I just don't want to talk about it just not a good company in the end as far as the learning was ok but not management. they need to straight forward with there people.
Terrible culture
Product Owner (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 16, 2017
Humana is a work farm. 10+ hour days is the norm and expected. If you work here don't expect to have any personal time during the week..........................
Good company but arbitrary changes were difficult to identify
Licensed and Certified Medicare Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2017
Overall a very good company to work for. Primary issue was it was very competitive to achieve inbound call status. Rules changed without notice so one never knew what the primary focus was going to be.
benefits
Cons
unknowns
Productive and rewarding
Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2017
Working as a health care coordinator with Humana was absolutely rewarding and productive. I was able to make an impact on the lives of so many people.
Humana is great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2017
I love working at Humana because the managers and team members are great!

I love working with Senior Citizens and helping out Medicare and Medicaid recipients.
Pros
benefits; salary; training;
Cons
not much opportunity to move up in the corporate ladder
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St Pete, FLAugust 15, 2017
great company, I enjoyed working for humana, very friendly fast paced and everyone was treated fairly. great pay and benefits and bonuses I enjoyed my stay
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 15, 2017
Nice place to work. Great people. Holidays here were amazing. It's a relaxed place to work. Great benefits & great management as well. Sometimes fast pace sometimes slow.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work if you are part of the in crowd
RN (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 14, 2017
If you chose to work here you will find out soon enough how the dynamic works, .lots of favoritism....no reward or kudos for a job well done. Too much turn over
Pros
na
Cons
na
great place to work
UM Specialist- team lead (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 14, 2017
great place to work great people The company cares about you as the employee and a person Great place to continue your career growth Would recommend this company to everyone
Great People to work With
Provider Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 14, 2017
Steady pace workload while multitasking your work. Coworkers make the day go better while completing your job. Many different locations to work from as well as working from home.
Bill Reviewer
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 13, 2017
Processed HFCA's and ICD9's according to insurance standards ensuring that billed claims reflect patient responsibility and ensure that claims if rejected would identify the reason for rejection
Great positive environment fast pace hard-working individuals
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 13, 2017
I loved everything about my sales jobs. The work environment was very organized and fast pace. Unfortunately I couldn't stay due to the back of school.
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
I when off to school
Great place to work for high level performers
sales (Former Employee) –  KansasAugust 13, 2017
Humana is good place to work if you are willing to dedicate yourself several hours of each day and week to be focused on growing the business. The management is fair but firm and expects you to deliver results on a consistent basis. The culture is focused on well being. The expectation is that you are responsible for maintaining your well being and the company gives you the resources to to be able to accomplish that but expects that you will take the necessary steps to achieve and maintain your well being. The company expects you to be a self starter they do not micro manage or do a lot of hand holding. They expect you to take on perform your role with high level of performance at all times.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
high performance expectations and lots of travel.
Humana Health Medicare
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 12, 2017
Loved working at Humana. Manager was awesome, people were fun to work with on my team. I was able to make a lot of money while working at Humana. They don't tell you whether you are going to come on Full Time or not. They let me go the day of and walked me out. They brought me back two months later full time but had to let my other job go. Back to back phone calls.
Pros
Great training and management
Cons
High Stress and Job Security Iffy
Recommend Humana to my Friends and Family
Internal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 11, 2017
Humana is a very large company with many area of business. It is difficult to summarize. Communications are like many companies.
The division of my employment was in the Care Delivery Division.
THis division operates differently from other Humana business.

Pros
Fair
Cons
Public Company - Business Strategies could change that effect your positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.