Humana

Humana United States Employee Reviews

Medicare Advantage Provider Consultant, introducing the concept of population health management and path to value (risk) contracts
Provider Consultant and PODS Owner (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Corporate credit card and expenses are paid by the company
Cons: Inacurate data/reports
1. Mondays we collaborate as a team in the office for meetings.

2. Reports are generated based on claims data, labs and reported medical notes and diagnosis codes. From this data, we determine progressive providers and/or providers needing education on required preventative care, and in reporting.

3. We educate providers on HEDIS, Quality, Coding, cost, etc., in order to improve reporting and introduce to path to value.

4. Currently our region/market is under new management and leadership.

5. I'm privileged to work with a wonderful diverse team of associates.

6. The hardest part of my job: breaking down silos between departments, data integrity and bridging the gap between corporate initiatives and obstacles physician/providers are currently facing while evolving to better understand Population Health Management.

7. Favorite part of my role: flexible schedule, ability to build relationships with physicians and groups, work independently without supervision and the satisfaction of knowing I'm making a difference for providers and our company.
Easy-going company with engaging employees
Medical Record Retrieval Scheduler (Former Employee), Metairie, LAApril 10, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Humana. My department was amazing, and my co-workers were easy to get along with. The benefits package offered is amazing. I felt I was fairly compensated for my work.
Secretive and poor upper management
Humana Cares Manager (Current Employee), Work at HomeApril 9, 2015
Pros: Work at home is the big Pro for this company.
Cons: No transparency of promotion or pay increases, little opportunity for advancement.
I am a RN managing chronically ill member telephonically. I am expected to work eight to ten hours a day. Their computer software is marginally reliable at best. On a typical day I will talk with seven to ten members and review their medications, check for upcoming appointments, ad provide whatever support or assistance is available and needed. Currently manage a roster of 180-200 members.
The most enjoyable part
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) / Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 9, 2015
This part was working with clients and learning personal information to better serve them. I love people and meeting different people from different cultures.
Good Pay, Great Benefits, Managers who are afraid to make decisions in timely manner.
Referral Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 7, 2015
Cons: Many mid-level managers hold grudges and are afraid to make decisions in a timely manner.
This company pays an exceptionally good wage and has a company match in its retirement of 125% (unheard of in today's workplace).

However, that is offset by middle management that is hesitant to take the lead and make decisions that affect employees in a timely fashion. Poor communication from middle management to staff. Personal grudges from team leads as well as lots of favoritism to favored employees (rules apply to some but not all).

The job can be frustrating at times. Trying to speak to Medicare aged people who are bombarded with sales calls all the time gets you yelled at constantly. Speaking to people who have no one else in their life to talk to can also be, at times, heartbreaking. Having to meet your call quota when the outbound dialer is not working well is ridiculous.
My 6 and 1/2 years at Humana were some of the best of my career.
REGIONAL GROUP MEDICARE SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, offices, equipment, PTO arrangements, excellent benefits & 401-K Plans
Cons: Health Care Reform legislation, the Affordable Care Act, changed the way carriers like Humana and United Health Care had to conduct business, put stress and strain on the staff, particularly we sales folks.
I was based in the Denver office, where my days often started with staff meeting, where sales, contracting, ethics & compliance issues, along with training, best practices, weekly & quarterly reporting on projections. Discussed wins & losses. I always learned much when these meetings were transparent. I loved my co-workers, they became family to me. I was challenged by the effects of health care reform and the Affordable Care Act had on Humana as a company. The massive regulatory changes due to ACA directly influenced Humana's bottom line so that "trickle-down-effect" lowered morale & brought a sense of fear into the ranks. I was happiest when I landed a BIG case, where I was able to save my client significant money & helped him to better provide more modern, age-appropriate health care for his aging employees and retirees.
RN Utilization Review & Discharge Planner (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 6, 2015
Awesome place to work, I love it. It is a really nice place to work, the company really cares about your health & well being.
weekly hoorah
Mail Data Processor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: growth and learning
Cons: long lines
I enjoyed meeting different customers answering they questions making friends with them. Going to lunch with co workers. show customers way to save money and earn interest.
A wonderful Place to work
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 4, 2015
A wonderful place and environment to be in. Great benefits for employes, great advancement opportunities, all and all great company to work for. A wonderful career to have.
Job work balance
Provider Contracting (Former Employee), FloirdaApril 3, 2015
I would think the company has turned around 100% since I worked a the company and is on the track for greatness. The company continually work in to increase diversity aspects in building powerful teams.
Team Lead and designated supervisor
Customer Service Rep/Team lead (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 3, 2015
Manage day to day facility operations of the health risk assessment team. Perform health risk assessment to qualifying members. Explanation of benefits.
Inept Management, Decent Company, Good Pay, Great Benefits
Clinical Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Metairie, LAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Good Salary
Cons: Extremely inept management.
I worked in the Clinical Intake Department, it horribly mismanaged. There was an incompetent director and she hired and promoted unqualified employees to insure her own job security. The process manager nearly lost her nursing license due to narcotics issues and the frontline leader could barely write a sentence. Overall, it was a hostile work environment for me and the company actually feared litigation upon my resignation. However, the other departments did not have any of those problem. Many of my coworkers were leaving the department, those with seniority were transferring and other left the company.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 2, 2015
I have never worked a job that I didn't enjoy. Unfortunately, I chose to go back to college and finish my degree so I could obtain a better paying job that was not in a factory setting.
Opportunity for Growth
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 2, 2015
None at this time. I like what I do ~ Helping people. This position gives me the opportunity to provide the service I expect when I contact a business.
Excellent work environment and amenities
Creative Specialist/Creative Services; Marketing (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 2, 2015
Pros: Microwaves, coffee, tea service. Iced water units. Refrigeration. Nice break room.
Cons: Often lack of clear communication via account service personnel.
There has been a incredible amount of steady work and the tools to accomplish the work in a very pleasant work environment. My co-workers were experienced, courteous and professional people. We were all keenly interested in our work and getting a superior product out to our clients and the company's beneficiaries.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: Plenty of incentives for being and doing healthy
Cons: Short Lunch break
Humana is very big on well being that that provided each team with a foot cycle that you use at your desk and it was a stress reliever for me. So I would come in to work and had time to get me some breakfast and open up all of my systems that it is used daily. Management did everything by the book so no one could be considered as having any favorites. My co workers were awesome. The hardest part of the job is when you got that member on the phone that you could not assist but wanted too. The most enjoyable part of the time is when everyone is getting along and on the same page.
Great place
Personal Health Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 1, 2015
great place to work... Always expanding. Truly cares about their employees. Management is very understanding. It's the easiest job I've had in my life.
Great place to work at. Awesome management for the department I work with!
Operations Analyst/Field Tech Specialist (Current Employee), Doral, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: PTO, Tuition Reimbursement
8AM to 5pm schedule, weekends off, PTO and learning opportunities available. Great benefits and great leadership. Management in my department do take in consideration our ideas and always want us to achieve our goals and accomplish new ones on a yearly basis
GOOD POSITION
Referral Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 30, 2015
It's a great position. I just want to expand and grow. It is a production based position and i'm trying to get out a production environment.
Great for employees with family
Quality Initiative Nurse (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedules, Educational Assistance, GREAT PTO
Cons: Depending on the requirements of your job you may have to travel quite a bit.
The company as a whole offer many benefits that are not even heard of from other companies such as "WOW" Working on well being. Which is an incentive for employees to stay healthy. Humana is very family oriented and value family as well as the people in which they serve.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more

Humana Salaries