Humana

Humana Employer Reviews

Great company!!
Provider Data Validation Consultant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 10, 2015
Responsible for providing education to our providers on the proper coding and documentation as it pertains to ICD-9 coding and Medicare Risk Adjustment. Validate submitted HCC codes for use of proper documentation and support. Evaluate coding edits as it pertains to claim questions and inquiries.
Fun workplace
Claims Cost Management (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: relaxed enviroment, free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Overall great atmosphere and work environment. The management were very open to new ideas, my co-workers were pleasant. The hardest part of the job was having to correct oversea accountants mistakes.
Experience
helpdesk/desktop Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Great work enviorment, learned a lot of information from my colleagues and a great entry level position. Culture was great but due to compensation, had to look for a better opportunity
You Choice
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: awesome training
Cons: no flexibility with hours
It is a very draining job. It will take all of your life. Flexibility is not an option. It is a great place to work if you do not have small kids. Some people are a big help most are a big hurt.
It was fun, meaningful and interesting
MP Specialist Agent Support Unit (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: pto time
Cons: short lunchs
I have learned many aspects of the healthcare industry. Something new and interesting, also something most people never have the opportunity to learn. I have enjoyed working there, but this was a contract job, I knew it would come to an end at some point.
Would not recommend
Coordinator (Former Employee), Dublin, OHFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: 4 wks of vacation
Cons: micro management, no job opportunities, no hr presence onsite, employees didn't work well together.
This was the worst place I've ever worked. My manager has a history of problems with his assistants. His first assistant was reassigned, his second assistant resigned after 3 months, and I quit. Additionally there is no HR presence onsite and if you do choose to notify them of your concerns you should expect retaliation. We had several employees concerned with the office environment and the high turnover rate spoke volumes. In most companies this would be a red flag.

Additionally, I refused to work for a manager who had daily mood swings, micromanaged, and played mind games. Everything had to be discussed 100 times, and changed a 100 times. Work was always made to be way more stressful than it needed to be. I felt as though I had worked there for 10 years.

Additionally the majority of the employees in our office weren't professional. People didn't work well together and there were a lot of bad attitudes amongst several departments. I truly feel certain employees acted out because neither management or HR would hold their behavior and/or actions accountable. Overall, not a healthy work environment.

I will say that I've always heard great things about the corporate Louisville office. Their team members were pleasant to work with, and they always had a professional demeanor. The company also provided some nice perks such as 4 weeks of vacation and the compensation was good. My suggestion would be to research the department in which you're applying because I think the company great. Just be sure the person you're working for is great too.
License Health Insurance Agent
License Health Insurance Telesales Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2015
Take telesales inbound calls on the affordable care act.
Management at this company is wonderful
Co-workers are fun to work with in a fun environment
The hardest part of this job is keeping up your quality assurance scores
The most enjoyable part is that I get to speak with people nationwide and help them meet their healthcare needs.
Great company to work for
Service Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 6, 2015
Learned a lot about health insurance. The hardest part was learning the phone system. Enjoy meeting and working with co-workers.
Great company, has grown over the years. Not enough pay
System Development - Coder and Tester (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: not alot of job growth
Humana allows work at home which is awesome. Its a fortune 100 company and has a good stock price. They do encourage health and have employee health programs. The benefits are ok, maybe not what you may expect from a medical ins company. The coworkers are ok. The hardest part of the job sometime is disorganization among processes and leadership. The most enjoyable part is the coworkers.
Very concerned with employee health and education.
Cares Manager Supervisor / Coach (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Very concerned with employee health and education. Expect a heavy metric expectation. Management is concerned about associate 's professional growth.
A good Place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: time off
Humana is a good place to work, but often times you get stuck in the position you started in with little chance for growth. But the company is growing. On a daily basis I make outbound calls to member to discuss their benefits and Health and Wellness resource.
Humana was a wonderful place to be an employee at any level.
Retired (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Great job teaching people of all ages, races, nationalities how to sell
successfully. Worked daily under a great deal of stress and tried not to pass it down to the salespeople. Helped them plan the work and then work the plan.
Difficult to advance/learn new skills within Company
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: ability to be flexible for location and work schedule.
Cons: inability to advance or move laterally within company to increase skill sets.
My Work-From-Home position allowed me the flexibility to reside in other areas - which was a very big plus. Despite excelling in my role, it was very difficult to move within the Company to learn more skill sets - which became a source of frustration for me.
Productive and great opportunities
Product Compliance Market Review Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 29, 2015
Great place to work, people and management are great. Learned many aspects of the company and enjoyed everyday there. Would of loved to retire from Humana but life happens and opportunities persist.
fun place to work
clinical intake specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Great place to work that promotes growth from within very helpful co-workers
Busy work place with plenty of opportunities
Medicare Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 28, 2015
Great place to work with lots of opportunities for overtime and advancement! Fair compensation and amazing benefits program. Considerate management with reasonable expectations of employees. If only they had a gym on-site! Also, did not enjoy the traffic commuting downtown every day
Fortune 100 Company - Intense and competitive work place
Financial Reporting Consultant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: quicky changing business structure in the company
Cons: constant change hampers positive changes to work processes.
Fast changing work processes with growing business structure and stragety. The typical day is packed with projects for new business structures and reporting, changing management and expectations.

The hardest part of the job is the constant change from week to week. The company is realining key business functions into new reporting structures.
Great Company - Great People
CMS Processing Unit Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great management, flexible schedule, excellent compensation
Cons: health insurance benefits aren't up to par.
Humana is a great place to work! The management has been very flexible with my continuing my education, even allowing me to become a Work-At-Home associate to ensure that I was able to pursue my dreams outside of the workplace.
Poor management and no leadership
Engagement Advisor Consumer Experience Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: make your own meetings/responsible for your own work
Cons: poor leadership, impossible to get help, rude selfish employees working here.
Changed the job description on me after 2 weeks of being there. Boss was never in the office so never really had leadership/communication on expectations. Not a good environment to work in. People are not friendly in the office and out for their own benefit. Do not work well as a team but rather use you for things they don't want to do. Do not recommend.
Billing Representative
Billing Specialist Commercial/KMG/FIMMAS (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: incentive programs for employees
Cons: job security
Take member calls. I learned several computer programs while employed with Humana. Management was always available to staff. Co-workers always helpful. Hardest part of job was trying to get members to understand that there are regulations as to why we could not retro activate their insurance. Best part of my job was working with such a diverse group of co-workers.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more