Humana

Humana Employee Reviews

Great Work culture, team outings, potlucks etc..
Application Consultant Lead (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Friendly and cooperative management
Cons: no
We enjoying working together, facing challenges and work on them together with each others help. Management is very friendly and cooperative. We enjoy team outings and potluck a lot.
Home away from home
Customer Installation Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Family oriented
Cons: Short lunch breaks
Very fast paced, always learning new procedures to better achieve
accurate information to insure members experience with the company. Nice and comfy work space.
Great company to work for
Spanish Translation Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2015
As a contractor, it's much the same as an associate, only without certain benefits. The workload varies based on the amount of requests. Humana values the office environment just as much as it values product output. People are friendly and eager to help accomplish tasks. The most difficult part is not knowing how much of a workload to expect. The best part is getting to collaborate with a variety of people.
Fun atmosphere
Administrative Service Coordinator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Compensation, benefits
Cons: None
I enjoyed the opportunity I had with Humana and the opportunities that Humana gave me to grow with them. Working in the smaller offices makes everyone feel like family and not just a large corporation.
Management was inefficient
patient services coordinator for VA (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 6, 2015
My review of this company is not good.

The manager was not educated or functional as a supervising manager. Therefore, the business closed.
Poor Management
Medicare/LI NET Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 6, 2015
Work was fine, but unfairly ran by management. One person could get away with something while others couldn't get away with it
Licensed Insurance
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee), Miramar, FlJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Good Insurance Products
Cons: Unprofessional Management
This Location has a host of problems including unprofessional management practices, inexperienced supervision and ineffective training. Job performance is supposed to allow you more opportunities to venture into different projects. Unfortunately at this office its not about job performance but favoritism. You can never get any results from operational manager or director. Endless amount of trainings with no training staff to assist.
Great people all around to work with.
Provider Analyst / Information Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago IllinoisJuly 1, 2015
Loved being the go to person when co-workers or management needed assistance. Job was stressful but was always up for the challenge.
Loved being an admin
Provider Relations Project Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great people and company to work for.
Cons: Can't think of any.
Typical work day would be supporting a VP of Operations and Finance with extensive administrative duties. I learned a lot of systems knowledge within the position. Most enjoyable would be company supported events.
Really great company
Employee (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: nothing
Lucky if you can get in
Great benefits
Great culture
Big company with all the perks and security
Work from home options
Excellent
A company who cares about employees
Continuation Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 29, 2015
Pros: Working from home
Cons: Production driven
Humana was one of the best companies I ever worked for. I got along very well with my collogues. Since I handled COBRA a typical day would consist of taking calls from Humana employees who were inquiring about purchasing insurance once they were terminated from Humana. The most difficult part of my job would be the majority of people I came in contact with were very upset at the fact they no longer worked to Humana or upset about the premium amounts. One of the benefits I valued most was being able to work flex time as well as working from home.
Great
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 29, 2015
Great opportunity that allowed me to grow into a great asset. I learned great work ethic and enjoyed working for the company. Staff and management were great.
productive and able to listen to headphones
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), West Chester, OHJune 28, 2015
a typical day was very short, we would finish the days work within a few hours, the most enjoyable part was listening to personal music
Productive Day
Contract and Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 28, 2015
Pros: WAH environment if needed
Cons: Transparency regarding all aspects impacting the company
A typical day begins with reviewing my calendar for meetings and listening to voice mails that have come in over night. I then proceed to answer priority e-mails. After those initial task, I then "plan my work and work my plan." This simply means I prioritize my tasks and begin to work on them in the order of that priority.
fun and respectful place to work
data entry specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 25, 2015
great place to work. i truly enjoyed being there for the time being. given the opportunity to go back, i would run to grab it. so you get the idea
Nice place to work.
Grievance and Appeals Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Long hours
Nice place to work. You have the ability to move up very fast if you are willing to work for it. People are very friendly. They push you to live a more healthy life style.
this job was fun and I made some good friends
MRA Front Line Leader (Current Employee), Benton, arJune 24, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: unable to socialize at all
sitting in the office ear phones in posting payments. I learned I was good at data entry. the management was not very informative but nice. Well divers group of women, not getting bored, over achieving.
Difficult to advance
Lead, CBO (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJune 23, 2015
I find it difficult to advance here. Lack of ability to move up regardless of seniority and strengths. Management doesn't always recognize accomplishments.
Great workplace with outstanding management, pool table in break room
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: everything from management to co workers. Excelent place to work
Cons: no cons, just dring AEP forget about your family, because of the extra hours you work, but every two weeks when you see that paycheck its worth it.
I loved Humana Direct Marketing Sales in Tampa. The Management was outstanding. Although you are pushed to do your very best, you are given the tools to do so. You are on the phones all day talking to Seniors. I love talking to people and sealing people the correct product based on the customer needs by doing a needs analysis. You are graded on your calls from start to finish. How polite you are, if you asked the correct questions, if you sold them what they wanted, if you where ethical. The good and bad thing about this job is you can be easily fired because of one phone call because you did something on a phone call that Medicare considers to be unethical. No warnings just promoted to customer. You are able to make tons of money because you have a salary, overtime, and commission, with excellent benefits.
n/a
Shipping Clerk / Team Lead (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A fast paced pharmaceutical shipping location with plenty of work and available overtime. Coworkers are pleasant and the 10 hour/4 day work week is nice.