Humana Employee Reviews

Found 2,301 reviews matching the search
Go anywhere else
Personal Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 12, 2017
No room to move up although they will tell you there is room. Compensation for workload is absolutely horrendous. Even though it's a health insurance company they sure don't make sure their employees are taken care of with their coverage.
Hands down worst job I've ever had across the board. Our workload just doubled today without any compensation.
Take my word, do not work here. Take any other job.
Pros
A job but it will give you a big headache
Cons
Horrendous management and compensation terrible as is the health insurance ironically
Humana @ home Personal nurse navigator
Personal Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  Ewing, KYOctober 22, 2016
The job is excellent and the advancement is possible but there are many "hoops" to jump through when working. The expectations change often and working alone at home can be very unfulfilling when in nursing because there are no patients to assess, be with, and touch. All assessments, nursing management and nursing education is done telephonically so there is a certain distance that doesn't really work with my strengths and my personality traits that make me good at my job. However they were very supportive for my FMLA and ST disability for emergency health crisis and very conducive for getting my MSN. Set hours and no on-call.
Pros
work hours, work at home, minimal meetings, all telephonic
Cons
alone all day, no face to face communication, all computer based to when computer or internet is down worker is immobilized.
Great Customers
Pharmacy Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Twmpe AZJanuary 13, 2017
Many promises that were never made good on. Management changes often, no coordination between mgmt and team members. No opportunity for advancement. Great compensation but benefits a bit high in cost. Revolving doors make stability very elusive.
very health oriented company
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2017
I worked as a sales agent, which taught me a lot about health insurance and sales. The management in the company were,for the most part, great individuals. They have a great system that allows them to work well together to assist the employees. Very Health oriented organization. They promote a healthy lifestyle among their employees and members. The hardest part about the job was obtaining my health insurance license and the most enjoyable would be the culture.
Productive environment
Product/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 5, 2017
The culture changes between departments. The operations area is a good place to work but with limited upward mobility. The innovation center had more opportunity for advancement and was designed to help generate ideas and facilitate conversation with low cube walls and natural places to congregate.
Pros
Interested in innovation and changing the industry
Cons
Certain amount of fear that the organization would sell to a competitor
Humana
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 22, 2017
Humana is not a bad company. There are a lot of politics played into it. Internal advancement is really hard and trying to outshine other associates for the job is hard. HR does not tell you what you can do to be better nor does management.
Large Corporate environment with many long-term employees
IT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 22, 2017
Decent work culture. Advancement will heavily favor those with long tenure with the company. Work life balance can vary from wonderful in some areas to life-shattering in other areas.
great learning experience
Executive Director, Service Center (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 15, 2017
Excellent benefits and a great learning experience. Very aggressive management at that time but provided opportunities for career advancement.
Good benefit, expensive health insurance, poor managment and job security and advancement
Community Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCFebruary 21, 2017
Enjoy the work from home opportunity and man of the benefits. The health insurance is very expensive and there is little for growth unless you are an RN or have an MSW. Had multiple large number lay offs past few years.
Pros
Work from Home, employee wellness benefits
Cons
Expensive health insurance, poor upper managment, poor job stability and advancement
Worst place I have ever worked
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 27, 2016
Humana paints a picture of wanting everyone to succeed. This is FALSE! You are micromanaged and they falsely advertised RN Case Manager Jobs. They need to say production environment! Everyone here is numbers driven! Pay is great however not worth the aggravation of micromanagement. No true work life balance. Very stressful, and no trusting environment! DON'T APPLY here! RUN RUN RUN
Pros
Pay, and low cost prescriptions
Cons
Micromanaged as an RN, NO WORK LIFE BALANCE
Great Benefits
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Great work life balance and job culture. The company has great benefits, and really promotes healthy living and habits with incentives to help you reach your goals.
Medicaid and Medicare Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 27, 2016
Good place to work, strict attendance policy guidelines as newhires.
Good Management
Good benefits
Not good Morale
A lot of opportunities for promotion
Pros
Work at home opprotunities
Cons
Short Lunches
Relaxed,Productive invironment
Community Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Team oriented
I learned about importance of unity teamwork
Management fair and approachable
Culture was family oriented warm and fun
Hardest part of the job was having to leave
Most enjoyable was definitely my co-workers and speaking to and assisting the members, they really made my day.
Pros
Fair, educational, progressive, flexible
Cons
If you don't have at least an AA you aren't going to make it.
Good place to work but.....
WEB CHAT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2017
Good place to work overall. Good Benefits but no work life balance its horrible. Promotion is easy once you do your work. The bad thing is it can sometimes feel abusive
Nurses Beware
UM nurse (Former Employee) –  Work from home Metairie, LaMarch 4, 2017
I was excited to get a call from this company and be hired because this was my dream job but boy did it end up being a nightmare. The first week was already rough because I found out that I would be away from my family two more weeks pass the time that I was initially told. I was not the only one that has happened to. For someone that doesn't have a family that might have been okay but it wasn't for me. Oh and please don't try to negotiate salary because that will only make the director upset and not like you from the beginning. Im pretty sure negotiating salary is a normal part of the hiring process. To be clear I am referring to the Gulf States region of Humana. I asked how performance was measured in my interview and they gave me and generalized answer. Well performance is measured only by metrics. The management is horrible and care nothing about the employees. You better have good metrics though! If you want to be stressed to the max, have no life, are good at kissing up, and want to be spoken to like you are the dirt under the directors shoes this is the perfect job for you. I'm so blessed to not be an employee with Humana anymore!
Pros
salary
Cons
Even if you work from home you might as well be in the office, they treat you like a child, the work load is horrible, and metrics are ALL management cares about.
productive and fun place to work
Medicare Enrollment CPU Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 4, 2017
A typical work day, come to work do your job and go home. I learned a lot about insurance that i didnt know about before. Very Good management. Very good/friendly co-workers also there for you. The most enjoyable part of the job is having pot-lucks.
Pros
good money, flex hours
Cons
long hours sometimes.
Great work life balance
Personal Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Lenexa kSJuly 24, 2016
Humana is a wonderful company to be a part of. Everyone at Humana cares about your progress, helps you to grow yourself where you want to be within the company. Humana allows me to be a working mother and space to have a great work/life balance!
Humana compensation plans are competitive and allow one the opportunity to move within the company. Humana has been a wonderful career choice for myself and my family.
Company with evolving culture, and growth driven.
Consultant, Privacy (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2017
Most days, hold something new, so you don't face the typical redundancy of day to day work load. Sometimes, the hardest part about the job is work-life balance. The culture is good, and very health and education driven. There are ample opportunities for growth and development.
Great place to work!
Quality Initiatives Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 8, 2016
This company is great at the little things that make an employee feel at home. However, the big things still need some work. There are a few instances of the "right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing." This has occurred as it is a large company and one coast may not keep in mind the factors occurring in certain markets. Coworkers and direct management is quite good, but the senior leadership is out of touch with certain aspects of roles and responsibilities.
Pros
Excellent benefits and retirement
Cons
Senior leadership misses points of certain roles, Corporate leadership loses sight of actual market experience
Meh
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 10, 2016
Benefits are great! The culture there is a lie and is there to save face, sure there are also a lot of people there who really live it but for the most part its not very inviting and people are rude and if you have a disability they dont even care. The managers are cold and vague and the department lead isnt completely approachable. The job security rhetoric they keep trying to assure us with is a lie too, especially with the merge of us and Aetna. They keep setting impossibly high expectations and pushing a lot of people out of a job that way. Don't take too many PTO days or have FMLA, STD because they're going to harass you about it, not directly but they start nit picking and micro managing you for using these things.
Benefits
Cons
Buildings too cold, no one listens to complaints, they harass employees who use approved leaves, list goes on and on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.