Humana Employee Reviews

Found 2,231 reviews matching the search
great learning experience
Executive Director, Service Center (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 15, 2017
Excellent benefits and a great learning experience. Very aggressive management at that time but provided opportunities for career advancement.
Good benefit, expensive health insurance, poor managment and job security and advancement
Community Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCFebruary 21, 2017
Enjoy the work from home opportunity and man of the benefits. The health insurance is very expensive and there is little for growth unless you are an RN or have an MSW. Had multiple large number lay offs past few years.
Pros
Work from Home, employee wellness benefits
Cons
Expensive health insurance, poor upper managment, poor job stability and advancement
Meh
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 10, 2016
Benefits are great! The culture there is a lie and is there to save face, sure there are also a lot of people there who really live it but for the most part its not very inviting and people are rude and if you have a disability they dont even care. The managers are cold and vague and the department lead isnt completely approachable. The job security rhetoric they keep trying to assure us with is a lie too, especially with the merge of us and Aetna. They keep setting impossibly high expectations and pushing a lot of people out of a job that way. Don't take too many PTO days or have FMLA, STD because they're going to harass you about it, not directly but they start nit picking and micro managing you for using these things.
Benefits
Cons
Buildings too cold, no one listens to complaints, they harass employees who use approved leaves, list goes on and on.
Great work life balance
Personal Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Lenexa kSJuly 24, 2016
Humana is a wonderful company to be a part of. Everyone at Humana cares about your progress, helps you to grow yourself where you want to be within the company. Humana allows me to be a working mother and space to have a great work/life balance!
Humana compensation plans are competitive and allow one the opportunity to move within the company. Humana has been a wonderful career choice for myself and my family.
Great Benefits
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Great work life balance and job culture. The company has great benefits, and really promotes healthy living and habits with incentives to help you reach your goals.
Relaxed,Productive invironment
Community Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Team oriented
I learned about importance of unity teamwork
Management fair and approachable
Culture was family oriented warm and fun
Hardest part of the job was having to leave
Most enjoyable was definitely my co-workers and speaking to and assisting the members, they really made my day.
Pros
Fair, educational, progressive, flexible
Cons
If you don't have at least an AA you aren't going to make it.
Great place to work!
Quality Initiatives Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 8, 2016
This company is great at the little things that make an employee feel at home. However, the big things still need some work. There are a few instances of the "right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing." This has occurred as it is a large company and one coast may not keep in mind the factors occurring in certain markets. Coworkers and direct management is quite good, but the senior leadership is out of touch with certain aspects of roles and responsibilities.
Pros
Excellent benefits and retirement
Cons
Senior leadership misses points of certain roles, Corporate leadership loses sight of actual market experience
Creativity and Compassion Required
Personal Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2016
Humana offers excellent work/life balance. The company encourages family health offering several holistic services to ensure guidance and well being success. The consistently reward hard work and dedication. This company guarantees transparency, keeping its employees in the know about constant change.
Pros
Sincere company, Work like balance, great compensation
Cons
Advancement options
Great company to work for
MRA Educator (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 2, 2016
I really do enjoy my job and the previous positions that I have held with this company and it's subsidiaries. However at times the work load and opportunities for advancement have been challenging.
Pros
Great benefits and networking
Cons
Competitive salary and work load
productive and fun place to work
Medicare Enrollment CPU Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 4, 2017
A typical work day, come to work do your job and go home. I learned a lot about insurance that i didnt know about before. Very Good management. Very good/friendly co-workers also there for you. The most enjoyable part of the job is having pot-lucks.
Pros
good money, flex hours
Cons
long hours sometimes.
Terrible
Specialist Humana Specialty Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHOctober 29, 2016
The company spouts a lot of great things about work/life balance, being healthy, room for growth, ect. It sounds good, but once your there do you feel those things? No. I started my first day in my department with my manager and team lead bashing my future coworkers to me. Set a good tone. I quickly realised that your worth was judged on how much overtime you worked (even if you weren't really working) and your willingness to give up your weekends. If they realize your a good worker, they squeeze you for as much as they can. The way to move up, is by kissing up to managers and giving them info on your coworkers. The director, managers and team leads stand around, on the floor talking about people in loud voices. No professionalism, a bully mentality. The few who go above them to complain, are quickly filtered out. The culture is terrible. No one is happy, everyone is always looking for another job. They keep people because the pay isn't bad and the pto is decent. Good luck getting time off though. They won't tell you the holidays they list for you, they'll really expect you to work. Don't worry, management won't be there though. Insurance is terrible, expect to pay for everything yourself and also pay more if you dont give humana axcess to your health information. It was my worst work experience.
Pros
Decent pay, ok pto, lax dress code
Cons
Short lunch. mandatory holidays, ot, weekends. Favoritism. Poor treatment by terrible management.
Great place to work with many types of fields and opportunities!
Patient Finance Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OHAugust 18, 2016
As a team lead in the finance department I am responsible for running reports, distributing work, analyzing data, and researching in order to provide assistance programs to Humana members who can’t afford their high copays. Management and my fellow co-workers are like a big family working together to deliver the perfect experience to our members. The best part of my job is being able to provide financial help to members who can’t afford life or death medications. On the down side, the worst part is sometimes not being able to help members due to lack of funding.
Pros
Great benefits and incentives
Cons
Large company so there is a lot to learn
No opportunities to grow within company. I enjoy what I do but the salary does not reflect all the hard work and effort. Health insurance is really
Appointment Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VANovember 11, 2016
The environment is ok but the company really doe not show that they care. People have gone without raises for the past 4 years. I would say its a good place for someone who's in school and needs a flexible schedule. Overall not a career job.
Pros
Co workers are helpful and nice
Cons
No room to grow and no raises
Great Benefits, terrible company for advancement
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2016
Wonderful benefits, however their salaries are not competitive whatsoever. Also many of the departments are very poorly managed, and often times the wrong person gets promoted (due to popularity or other negative factors). Seems you have to leave Humana and then come back and be hired by Humana again in order to get a fair raise. Also they expect your time to be their time, if you are salary and even some hourly positions, reguardless of circumstance. Aside from that, great benefits overall.
Once Enjoyed, culture slipping
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 1, 2016
The promise of career advancement seemed to fizzle out rather quickly. Less flexibility in hours made things more difficult. With the current mentality of most people who are purchasing insurance, the job can be emotionally taxing, either from people who will blame you for their problems regardless of how involved you actually were, to situations arising where there is no way for you to help someone in need. As the company began to show less interest in our well being as employees it became more difficult to separate the emotional troubles of the clientele. It may just be because I had had the job before this turn and someone entering new may find it easier to deal with, but I new it could be much better, but management seemed to not care anymore.
Company with evolving culture, and growth driven.
Consultant, Privacy (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2017
Most days, hold something new, so you don't face the typical redundancy of day to day work load. Sometimes, the hardest part about the job is work-life balance. The culture is good, and very health and education driven. There are ample opportunities for growth and development.
Regret coming here
RN Care Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2016
Humana preaches work/life balance and even allow one hour of "wellness time" a week yet your coaches and direct management don't actually allow that. So focused on metrics and meeting numbers and there is no actual caring or helping provided to the members. The coach watches every minute of your day and will notify you accordingly with borderline harassing messages. The focus is all wrong.
Great company to work for.
Telesales Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2017
I learned so much and would recommend this company to anyone. There advancement opportunities and the pay is unlimited. If you don't mind sitting and talking on the phone 8 hours a day but also helping people then this is a company to look into.
Pros
Excellent benefits, great pay and a fun environment.
Cons
Fast paced
Humana
Customer Care Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day at Humana Insurnace company is really like learning somethng new every day. Its also gives you the opportunity to meet the members face to face and watch the expressions of anger and sadness turn to excitement. Management at Humana are fair but can sometimes be right to the point which can make them standoffish but they are just trying to get the job done the best they can. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what happens to the member once that call ends .

The most enjoyable part of my job is when i get to go out in the field and meet the members face to face. It gives me a better understanding and empathy for the member when I do have to take a call.
Pros
gym at work
Cons
short breaks / 1/2 hour lunch
Friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 12, 2017
You better negotiate a good salary because after that the raises are staggered and meager. The environment is warm and friendly but the health benefits are minimal. Barely meeting Medicare Service standards and the workload is overwhelming.
Pros
Great and friendly environment
Cons
Pay increases are miniscule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.