Humana

1.0K reviews

Humana Employee Reviews

Great corporation with great benefits.
Account Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for Advancement
Cons: Lack of help if you did not make the "click".
Great place to work and offered great employee benefits as well as group/clients plans. Unfortunately, the department I worked in was eliminated.

Management part take in favoritism. Humana will be resolved to another carrier.
Excellent company
Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 13, 2015
Humana has an overall excellent reputation, and it is well-deserved. They give you the opportunity to 'prove your worth'; after that, it is up to you...
Revolving Door
Administrative Services/Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Good employee engagement
Cons: Horrible Management and overall business practice in business needs
Humana is a good company to work for but need a straight lined process in training and policies across the board. All Managers should have a degree in management and not be promoted from within.
Job is not safe
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2015
Answer 30-60 inbound calls daily, enrolling potential Humana customers through
Affordable Care Act marketplace (Healthcare.gov
Poor Leadership
Administrative Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, compensation is good, and co-workers are supportive.
Cons: No professional mentoring, growth, or development by Management.
Office environment is very unprofessional and management is not engaged. In addition, management spends too much time on conference calls and out of the office. The best part of working in the office are my co-workers, we are very supportive and encouraging of each other. Another, plus is the pay is good and it's an easy commute.
Create digital strategies to drive members to the Humana Pharmacy app and website.
Business Consultant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Encourage a healthly lifestyle
Cons: Not much room for advancement.
It's a diverse work place with supportive management. Opportunity to pitch new marketing campaigns to business partners. They encourage new ideas.
Great place to work & feel good about what you do.
DMS Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Lunch break was too short.
It was a job that I never thought I could get, but I did and they helped me get a License in Life, Health & Accidental Insurance. I learned so much about so many different health insurance products that I didn't even know exist. If I could go back today, I would. Can't wait for them to start hiring for the position I am seeking.
Productive Workplace
Sr. Pharmaceutical Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 10, 2015
Pros: The team I was on, the work I did.
Cons: I felt that they were a little unorganized when it came to the new hires.
Typical day: log in to phone, take incoming calls, make outgoing calls when slow, data entry, contact other departments such as Pharmacy if client had questions regarding current medications or new medication, – more... transfer clients to departments if they had questions I was unable to answer, transfer to Humana for questions with medication or medical plans, try to resolve any questions or issues the client had in a timely manner.
What I learned: I learned a lot about medical plans provided by Humana and medication plans, learned different programs to use in order to assist the clients with questions or issues, learned to maneuver working with multiple computer screens, and programs and one time.
Management: management was a little confusing when I first started. When I was first assigned to team after completing training I didn't have a manager I reported to directly, when I did get one they were only my team's manager for a few months then they were moved to another team after that my team did get another one and they were around until I left the company.
Co-Workers: my co-workers were great I got along with all of them and the ones that were there for longer were able to help with questions (the new hires) or anyone had if we were unable to contact someone such as manager, help team.
The hardest part of my job was explaining issues about medication plans to clients, and during the "open enrollment" time of year (usually autumn and continuing though the beginning of the year) handling the call volume.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers, and assisting the clients. – less
Sales
Medicaid Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Doral, FLAugust 9, 2015
Pros: work indenpendent
Cons: Driving
This job requires a lot of discipline and motivation. It requires getting involved with the community, be an educator, a good listener, provide solutions according to their health needs.
A great place to work
Prepay Auditor/Enrollment & Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 9, 2015
Pros: The people, home life is great
Cons: Job security
I think personally Humana is a great place to start your healthcare career. You will get plenty of help, can fairly advance to management, however that could be a con as well as a pro, because some people are in management but probably couldn't even tell you the definition of manage.
Process Improvement for Release Manager
Tech Consultant (Current Employee), louisville KyAugust 7, 2015
Very Promising scope , lot can be done. Lot of Process improvement scope is there. Can be organised well . Team are very friendly and they recommend Work at Home a lot.
Humana seems to care about their employees and their members. Overall is a good place to work.
Healthcare Services (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Good Company
Cons: Benefits are not the best
Good place to work. Good life work balance. Most co-workers are nice. It's easy to work all day and not take breaks. Requires a lot of multi-tasking. Work does end at 5:00 most of the time.
temporary position
Data Entry in Financial Recovery (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 5, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: temporary
This was a temporary position and they did not treat the temporary help very nice. We were dispensable and it was know to all.
Able to work from home
RN Field Case Manager (Former Employee), Logan, WVAugust 3, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: constant change of job requirements, inconsistent expectations
Micromanaged. Inconsistent weak, inexperienced, leadership, unrealistic expectations. Inexperienced Team Leader. Delegated everything. Very little support and much criticism.
high turn over, poor managment
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee), Cary, North CarolinaAugust 3, 2015
Pros: fast paste day make the day go by faster
Cons: short lunches and breaks and it is not easy to get bonus. PAY RATE
Fast paste call center with high stress level.
Taking inbound calls to mbrs, providers, Federal Market place.
I learned a lot about insurance and how it works
but the hardest part about the job was – more... dealing with the high
stress level with the low pay rate.
I loved the coworker we helped each other the most since
most of the managment did not have good knowledge of
the product.
I will miss the fast paste environment – less
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 2, 2015
Love working here but with the recent ownership change the unknown is scary and hard to get past when you have kids to support. Had it not been for this unknown I would have retired from here.
Workplace environment
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Option to work from home
Cons: Short Breaks, Stressful, small room for error
I worked with multiple members and providers speaking to them daily and assisting there questions and concerns. It was fast paced and not very much down time.

The company as a whole was always constant for change and treated their employees as a family.

My co-workers made the job easy to deal with when it became stressful.
THE IRVING TEXAS LOCATION IS THE WORST MANAGEMENT I HAVE EVER SEEN
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), IRVING TXJuly 30, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: MANDATORY OVERTIME, MICRO MANAGED
THIS LOCATION DOES SO MUCH UNPROFESSIONAL THINGS. THEY MICROMANAGE LIKE NO OTHER COMPANY I'VE EVER SEEN IN LIFE. THE FRONT LINE LEADERS WALK THE FLOOR AND TALK ABOUT OTHER EMPLOYEES PERSONAL BUSINESS – more... IN FRONT OF OTHER EMPLOYEES. THEY DO THIS ON A DAILY BASIS BECAUSE THERE LEADER HUGH CUNNINGHAM DOES IT WITH THEM, SO THEY THINK ITS OK. TWO WEEKS AGO A FRONT LINE LEADER WAS TAKING PICTURES OF AN EMPLOYEE AND POSTED IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA AS A JOKE ABOUT THE LADY HAIR, NOW KEEP IN MIND DUE TO HIPAA LAW PHONES ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE FLOOR BUT THEY HAVE THERES OUT TAKING PICTURES AND WHATEVER ELSE THEY CHOOSE TO DO. I PRAY THAT AETNA TAKES CONTROL OF THIS LOCATION AND FIRE ALL THE MANAGEMENT HERE INCLUDING HUGH CUNNINGHAM BECAUSE HE ALLOWS ALL OF THIS TO HAPPEN – less
room for growth and learning the whole time
Lead Benefit Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 29, 2015
Pros: room for growth
Cons: transplant dept death
started as clerk then went to claims adj advance to working claims contracts and with providers for transplant patients the group of manangement and co workers made all the postitions enjoyable
Great Place...
Member Services (Current Employee), LouisvilleJuly 29, 2015
Pros: culture
Cons: downtown
great place to work. great culture. company really cares about its employees and the members we serve. opportunity for advancement.