Humana

1.1K reviews

Humana Employee Reviews

Found 1,120 reviews matching the search
N/A
Sales Executive Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Humana is a great place to work however the job security is volatile. It is very difficult to feel as though your job is safe with the constant restructuring and re-organization.
Great Company
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 1, 2016
Learned quite a few skills sets such as B&E, Claims, Group Medicare. Most difficult part is multitasking and working at a fast past while confined to your desk.
Challenging and Family
CCS (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 30, 2015
Typical Monday - Friday job. You get extensive training for multiple areas of this field. The job is challenging in the amount you learn, there is always something to do, or be done. The management from my own area is amazing. They treat you more like family, than just another coworker. Hardest part of the job is the amount of information you learn and putting it to use. The most enjoyable is when we are able to help our caller.
Pros
structured, training, advancement
fast paced office job, enormous amount of insider jargon
Membership Variance Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2015
hard to give a fair assessment of such a massive company. I can only speak to my experiences. good pay, great benefits aside from (ironically) awful health coverage.
my day
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 27, 2015
A typical day at work I log into my phones and take calls for Refill request.. I refill specialty drug medications. Its a great company to work for and so much room for advancement
Very professional and serious work place.
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kings Bay, GADecember 27, 2015
A typical work day at Humana Military would be about the same every day start off with a cup of coffee and talk for a few minutes to the other girls/ co workers it was only 5-6 of us in the office spaces. I loved my co workers and management was okay. The hardest part of my day would be making sure I didn't make mistakes on the referrals with coding, wrong patient etc. that would just be awful and I would get in trouble for big mistakes not that I made that many. I'm proud of that but, after being scolded I think it seems to sticks with me, which in turns made me do better I learned a lot about myself while at the job meeting dead lines, having people depend on me to do what is right and accurately. I also enjoyed the being independent working alone and pacing myself to get the job done and making my quotes everyday.
Pros
I had and hour lunch break and stayed 5 minutes down the street.
Cons
When I moved to another city but kept my job I hated getting of late.
Humana was one of the best experiences in hiring I have ever encountered
Frontline Leader (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 24, 2015
I was recruited from Bank of America, and asked to come hire a new staff of ~850 associates; from data entry to pharmacy technicians and pharmacist with my knowledge of this particular job type.
Another great opportunity with Humana was networking with the other two front-end pharmacy peers. Humana has true and consistent processes through teamwork from the site level to the network.
Pros
Employee engagement was not something just talked about, it was the culture to celebrate and connect with associates.
Cons
I don't have any cons for my Humana experience.
New management,, all about the $$, members don't matter, associates matter even less.
Care Manager-Work at home (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeDecember 23, 2015
One of the few companies that claims to "care", yet their actions are polar opposite. The only thing they care about is money. Hire the right people for the right jobs. The promotion process is a joke. No reflection or review of previous assessments before deciding to hire promote or fire. Now they use a "score card" to "rate" your performance against other employees. This company truly expects the moon and stars and there is no end to the increase in work in sight. I pity those who plan on staying. It's not getting better anytime soon, and with the lawsuits trying to block the Aetna deal, best of luck. If you are lucky enough to have a "decent" coach, you are one of very few. It is a comedy show. Salary at 40 hours, work 40-60/week, with no compensation for same. Raises doled out at the 'discretion of the coach", max 3% IF you get one. Get rewarded for excellence, get fired months later seems to be the norm, and have witnessed it with many associates. Even Schwab (401k) company confirmed the number of associates who have had to cash out due to being fired within a month of Christmas has been exponential. Members are lied to, disgruntled, short-changed and best of luck getting "customer service" or any help from them,. It is nearly non-existent and frowned upon. Be a robot, you'll do fine here. Just don't get caught being compassionate, that'll get you written up. If you file any complaints with HR or Ethics and Compilance PLAN on being retaliated against.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Unrealistic goals, dozens of new "pilots" weekly. Management who gets hired based on who they know, not how good they are. Meet your "metrics", get fired anyway. Company has no compassion for associates, whatsoever. If you have a "good coach" you're blessed, but definitely not the majority
Generally good work culture
Hospital Contracting Executive (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 21, 2015
Humana offers a number of valuable resources to employees and opportunity for advancement. There is uncertainty with the Aetna merger but I believe this will positively impact both companies and generally employees as well.
fast pace
CBSR Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 18, 2015
Quote military benefits for active duty military members updating customer information and obtaining pre certs for certain procedures.
Cons
temp

Want to know more about Humana?

Ask a question
Account Manager
Account Advisor, Sales (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 17, 2015
Relationship Manager responsible for major commercial account. Liaison to Human Resources and point of contact to client. Expert communication skills written and verbal.
Great Job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2015
I love my job! It is a very flexible work schedule as you can make your own schedule. The people I work with are great!! The compensation and benefits package are lucrative.
Pros
own schedule
Awesome Company
Telesales specialtist-DMS (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 14, 2015
Awesome Company to work for. Great training and great management. Work life balance is excellent and opportunities are endless with this company.
Pros
Great Training Great Managers Great CoWorkers
humana
Agent Support/ Customer service (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 11, 2015
wasnt compensated for holidays, no benefits, assignment ended 2 days before christmas. work enviroment was great and peaceful
Pros
fed often
Cons
no job security
Administrative Coordinator to VP (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 10, 2015
Good training, good benefits and great atmosphere. Company is very focused on health and does a lot to help people get healthy. They have been very flexible.
Pros
emplyees
Personal Nurse
Personal Nurse Front Line Leader (Former Employee) –  telecomuteDecember 10, 2015
Humana is an excellent company to work for, and is focused on it's employees. It offers a flexible work environment and great benefits.
Restrictive work place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 9, 2015
Unrealistic expectations. Unsupportive management and all about the numbers. Did have great opportunities for growth and development.
Pros
Staff supportive
Cons
All about the numbers
Horrible work place
staff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2015
Management micro manage for no apparent reason, conduct unethical behaviors, major discrimination issues.

The CEO and HR should take a close look at the leadership team within the member services department,
Fun and Productive Work Place
Direct Medicare sales Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2015
A typical day goes for 8 hours. unless in the annual enrollment period. Great opportunities and challenges are everywhere. Management is friendly and co workers are supportive. Its good work if you can manage it. A good attitude and strong work ethic will take you far.
Pros
fun supportive and caring staff
Cons
inaccurate systems
Humana was a good company to work for...
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 7, 2015
I enjoyed working at Humana. I answered incoming calls assisting members and providers with benefit and claim inquiries. The environment was fast paced and pleasant. I enjoy helping others and look loved going to work.