Humana Employee Reviews

Found 2,227 reviews matching the search
Great Money and Good Perks
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Humana is a great place to work especially if you enjoy helping others. I work in the pharmacy department so I help refill medications for members and I do get a joy out of doing so. The pay is great most of the people are as well. The department I am in does bonus every quarter again it has great perks.
Grea place to work
Client Telesales Specialist - (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Enjoyed my 10 plus years working at Humana, Learn a lot about the health industry. Medicare benefits. It was an amazing experience. Enjoy helping seniors people that need the most help with their medical benefits. Amazing years.
Best ever. I really like this company.
Investigator (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 8, 2017
Best ever. I really like this company. You can work from home, they support education and growth. Good benefit. They value there employees. The Associates are given opportunities for professional growth. The organization encourages honest feedback. They provides wellness incentives. Have a great employer who actually cares about the retention of their employees. The company have the last technology.My coworkers and my leader was awesome people.
Cons
Very profesional and diversity
Fast Paced, Metrics driven, Good benefits
Clinical Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 7, 2017
Humana has great benefits and compensation. There is also the security of working for a large corporation. If your position is eliminated, there's a good chance you can find something somewhere else within the company if you choose.

Humana is a fast-paced very high-call volume environment in the department I worked in. As a result the management focused more on metrics than employee concerns. At the time, they were more concerned with maintaining low call volumes and shorter hold times than making sure everyone was happy and comfortable.
Pros
chef/restaurant style dining, walking trail, compensation, healthcare, 401K, lactation facilities, workout facilities, coffee shop
Cons
outsourcing, metrics focused (can be a pro also)
Great company in the healthcare industry with excellent benefits. Dissemination of information not the best.
Community Realtions/Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Very good company, always changing and evolving and improving. Rapidly changing - employees must adapt quickly to change. Information does not always trickle down smoothly.
Pros
Flexibility in work schedule
Cons
Lack of communication .
Company with evolving culture, and growth driven.
Consultant, Privacy (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2017
Most days, hold something new, so you don't face the typical redundancy of day to day work load. Sometimes, the hardest part about the job is work-life balance. The culture is good, and very health and education driven. There are ample opportunities for growth and development.
Medical Redords
Medical Record Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2017
Its an ok place to work, nothing too crazy but nothing to write home about. You must be a self starter who is flexible and willing to learn fast on the go.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Short Contract
Supervisor cared about your well being
Medicare Disenrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2017
I was brought in during their open enrollment period. We did not have a frontline leader in the beginning. When we finally got one she really care about helping us find a permanent position within the company. She had one on one mock interviews with us as well as critiqued our resume. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the systems but eventually caught on. The most enjoyable part was meeting a lot of great people
Humana
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 7, 2017
Great company to work for, it has it perks like free 3 year bus pass and other discounts that other people dont get discounts on.
Good Company
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 7, 2017
Humana is a good company to work for. The management, as with most corporations, could use improvement. Pay and benefits are on par with industry standards.
Productive work environment, friendly and effective staff
Community Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Enjoyed working collaboratively with staff to ensure coordinated health and wellness education. Unfortunately, we were laid off due to cost effectiveness.
Pros
working from home
Cons
lay offs
Good Place to work
PERSONAL HEALTH COACH (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Humana is a good place to work. I really like the fact that the Supervisor and your team encourages you and assist you with making sure that you succeed.
great place to work
Disenrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 6, 2017
this job has flexibility hours.
good pay
ive learned a alot by working with humana.( how to give customer service and strengthening my mulitask ability work and use multiple screens.
knowing how to process and adapt to changing environments.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to get hired on full time
Great company, poor management
Frontline Leader (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 6, 2017
During my time there, the turnover rate was ridiculous. many people coming and going on all levels. The staff was great but each department was isolated from the others and almost never encouraged to interact.
Currently laying off
Case manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2017
The company is laying off thousands of employees and then places these open vacancies to make it seem as if it is not hurting financially. The company is not stable. I have a lay off date effective 4/2017.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Emotionally draining, conflictive instructions from upper mgmt
Excellent work/life balance
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 4, 2017
The culture is focused on well being and making the lives of our members better. The managers and employess truly 'walk the walk' regarding their services and commitment to seniors in their Medicare plans
good place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 4, 2017
I loved my job with Humana. Worked with great team and managers.
Would have stayed til retirement. Had opportunity for travel and autonomy with work. Great team enviornment
Pros
autonomy
Cons
internal restructuring
Good place overall
Clinical Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeFebruary 4, 2017
work life balance is great if you can work from home. no real room for advancement and directors pretty much select their favorites and the rest is history.
Humana is a very rewarding position, always room for development as an employee
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Since working for Humana, I feel I have grown as a leader. I enjoy working with Humana and feel they have a lot to offer the employees. I feel my manager has been wonderful in allowing me to grow in the corporation and providing me with the knowledge I need to succeed within the company.
Good Job for Leaning the Insurance Business
Medicare Limited Term Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Humana was a great place to learn and become a good Health Agent. They provide training that allows you to understand the products and benefits. You must be good at self study as well; this is a big part of the Humana training platform. Overall, it was a great experience.
Pros
Training is invaluable
Cons
Limited Term Agency (mostly)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.