Humana Employer Reviews

Difficult to move up
Self- Funded Claims Specialist (CSCS) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2014
Worked for the company for many years and took a long time to move up. Accounts weren't accurate and issues with getting health insurance contracts loaded for benefits.
Working At Humana Outside of Home Office
MarketPOINT Career Agent/Market Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 1, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management
Was mostly a career that turned into a job with poor management. Outside of Louisville is a trainwreck. Look elsewhere!
Excellent opportunity to provide services to members in their home
Field Care Manager, PA (Current Employee), PADecember 1, 2014
Pros: strong leadership and support
Cons: occasional computer glitches
Visit members in their home post hospitalization. Assure they have the correct medications, supplies, equipment and knowledge of their illness to manage their healthcare at home. Assure they have appointments set up with their MD's. Provide teaching in symptom management. Explore community resources the member may be eligible for and assist in pursuing these resources. Create and maintain an active plan care and services on each member. Insure documentation is up to date and thorough.
Sales duties
Sales Executive/Account Executive/CSR (Former Employee), Lexington kyNovember 28, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: quotas
Quotas to meet but otherwise an excellent company and benefits.
Learned a lot about healthcare reform.
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 27, 2014
Cannot get promoted. Its a who you know basis of moving up the ladder, Education is not considered. If you are a great worker, count on staying in the same spot forever.
Great Carrier!
PEO Underwriting Consultant (Former Employee), Westchester, ILNovember 26, 2014
Humana is committed to delivering ideal service and products needed as the economic environment continues to progress.
I enjoyed the challenges
Health Insurance Telesales Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 25, 2014
Pros: licensing
Cons: schedule
assisting customers make healthcare insurance choices based on needs analysis.
Fun place to work. Really take care of employees
Sr. Products Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 25, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: pay
Love the company. This company allows you to progress and increase learning. They provide tools to help you advance as well as help pay for school. The leaders are there to help guide you in an effort to make sure you are getting everything you need in order to perform your job well.
Work from home and on the road
INSURANCE SALES AGENT (Former Employee), Southeastern MINovember 25, 2014
Pros: unlimited earning potential
Cons: unrealistic quota
A typical day at Human required me to travel 20 to 30 miles to meet with Medicare recipients to educate them of insurance benefits. I learned to speak in public and give a presentation. Management had unrealistic expectations at times however, my co-workers and I worked together as a team in an attempt to reach an unreachable quota. The hardest part of the job was driving hundreds of miles weekly but the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with seniors.
Not a Good company to work for high turn over
Former employee (Former Employee), St Petes FLNovember 25, 2014
Not a good company to work for Low pay, unprofessional Management inexperience Managers underline discrimination practices and HR is a joke
Not a Good company to work for high turn over
Former employee (Former Employee), St Petes FLNovember 25, 2014
Focus on Health & Well-Being
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 22, 2014
A nice place to work, lots of opportunity, a different approach to healthcare benefits
Wonderful co-workers and opportunity to work at home
Senior Case Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, Mo.November 21, 2014
Good opportunity to work from home after a year. Understanding/supportive managers. Coworkers are awesome. Constant change makes it a new challenge every day!
Productive work day. Friendly work enviorment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cary, NCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great hours and over time
Cons: short break and the point system
I would clock in about 10:30 am and leave about 7;30 pm. I learned how to work in teams and how to process payments for the clients. My co-workers were very helpful, becuase we had to work together inorder for our team rate to be high. The hardest part of my job my I tend to take on too many task at one time. The most enjoyable part was the satifaction I got with help the clients that called.
coca cola
Call Representative (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRNovember 19, 2014
the best job ever would go in at graveyard shift picking and packing coca cola products for their routes great co-workers
ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Metairie, LANovember 19, 2014
Humana bought out the company I was employed with therefore I was not an employee of Humana long. There's really nothing I can say about this company.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 19, 2014
This is one of the company where we can learn many productive things. Environment was very friendly and supportive.
a solid company to work for, commission only is not for me, but did and still enjoy working for company
mecca agent (Current Employee), Jacksonville FlNovember 19, 2014
A solid company to work for, commission only is not for me, but i did enjoy and still do enjoy working for the company.
Great company that always gets employees involved either with improving day to day operations, or volunteering.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 17, 2014
Pros: excellent company for getting employees involved
Cons: due to budget constraints, currently reducing workforce.
Humana has been an excellent company to work for. Training is always done to stay ahead of the many insurance changes. Dealing with member questions on a daily basis, trying to help them understand their medical benefits or spending account has allowed me to understand the importance of training, research and understanding since my information directly affects their lives. Hardest part of the job was receiving upset member phone calls which had nothing to do with my performance. Most enjoyable part of the job is the same reason, turning around their attitude and providing them with options.
I met great people in this role
Quality Management Nurse Educator (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDNovember 16, 2014
Pros: make my own schedule
Cons: weather
Typical day was traveling around North Dakota assisting all clinics and hospitals with any needs they may have. I had great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was traveling in the winter.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more