Humana

Humana Employee Reviews

Culture does not match the mission statement
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Middleton, WIJune 8, 2015
Overall, benefits are good. Work life balance is fair. Co-workers were great! It is a very cyclical sales environment.
Awesome company to work for!
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 7, 2015
Humana is a well run company with excellent employee benefits. The goal for perfect customer service is not just written words, but actually perfect service for their customers.
Tenure does not equate to good
RN (Current Employee), Miramar, FLJune 6, 2015
Pros: Work at home available as well as longer shifts to allow 3 Off, ALL depts should offer these
Cons: Each dept runs completely different
Need to clean out some of tenured management who can't get beyond"that's how it's been done." New people new ideas happy employees. The nasty management style does not promote positive work environment nor will it keep good employees motivated!
Productive and fast pace
Post Discharge Specialist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 6, 2015
Pros: No clocking In or Out, close to several restaurants as well at Pellissippi
Cons: Unable to advance to other positions
Fast pace environment that will constantly keep you on your toes. Enjoyed interacting with customers as well as co-workers on a daily basis. The hardest part about the job was being expected to decide between my family or a career. And the opportunity for advancement is available, however it's not on your time it's on your managements time.
Humana keeps up with national standards on providing healthcare
PODS Owner for Eastern Iowa (Former Employee), Work at homeJune 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was making a positive difference in patients quality of health and seeing them achieve their health goals.
all in a day's work
Consultant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 3, 2015
Pros: big employer
Cons: politics
the best part of my day is the freedom and flexibility to use my own judgment to come and go as needed to acomplete my work tasks. I've not been big on some of the office politics that go into my day. All in all, good opportunity and good people. I've gained a great deal of knowledge in MS office primarily Excel as well as SQL and other data analytics applications.
Glass ceiling environment.
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJune 3, 2015
inbounds calls of irrated and/or disrespectful customers.Management attemps to improve the workplace with potlucks and other similar activities. Glass ceiling environment.
Great place to work with a differnt enviorment.
customer Analyst (Former Employee), Depere WiJune 2, 2015
Pros: great enviorment
Cons: only work with contractors
The work was fast pace which was nice. There was something new to learned the environment was very peaceful, but they usually only work with contractors.
A productive, fast paced place to work in
Billing & Enrollment Medicare Advantage Agent (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 1, 2015
Pros: Productive, fast paced environment
Cons: Not enough career advancement opportunities
The process of incentivizing employees needs improvement. Like providing better career advancement opportunities. Compensation and benefits are not competitive with the industry standards. Job Work/Life Balance is difficult.
Great company with a great culture of diversity
Anlayst for Quality Operations (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 31, 2015
Pros: Diverse culture and work from home options
The company offers a flexible schedule and potential to work at home two days a week or as a permanent work at home position. My co-workers are fantastic to work with which makes going to work everyday much more enjoyable. I love that the company has a set policy of accepting all diverse cultures, races, and backgrounds.
Humana is an amazing company
Finance Consultant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 31, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere
Cons: too political internally
I just can't seem to get to where I want to be. Hard to move up unless you're well connected.

I like my immediate supervisor, however, the company seems to be disjointed in respects.
Great Company
Corporate Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits start day 1
Cons: Insurance has high deductible
I enjoy assisting consumers in need of guidance.
Great coworkers.
Great location. Gym in building, eatery in same building.
Coworkers are very friendly and helpful.
Appointment Clerk (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Short breaks and Health care
Military medical call center enviroment. Steady call flow. My coworkers are awesome. I've learned to be more attentive to my patients needs. Hardest part of the job is the constent medical changes. The most enjoyable part about my job is my teamates.
No room for advancement
Front Office Lead (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 27, 2015
This company does not advance pre-existing employees and then hires management with less knowledge and no experience . The pay is horrible for the amount of jobs you must do , and the company is so understaff it causes their good workers to become burnt out .
great Job
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), las vegasMay 26, 2015
very nice place to work with good team spirit and leadership. Also the job was very rewarding being that I was able to assist customers with their needs
Large corporation and has all the elements of a gov workplace. Highly structured and driven by consultants.
Program/Project Manager (Current Employee), Louisville KyMay 25, 2015
This could be a fit for some people. There is little room adapting to ones strengths. There is little team work because the teams are temporary or are offshore.
Review daily approach
Medical Underwriter (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 24, 2015
Reviewed medical applications, spoke with agents and sales representatives on their group rates. Most difficult part of position is inability to pursue projects and reduce rates. Most enjoyable part of position approving a groups medical coverage with acceptable rates.
Enriching and employee-focused work environment
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 22, 2015
Humana is an excellent company to work for! Excellent work environment, culture, employee is valued.
Enriching and employee-focused work environment
Productive and self motivatingenvironment
Humana Cares Manager, RN (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 21, 2015
Pros: Self management of my time and skills was utilized successfully
Cons: Working from home, I tended to work longer hours than I would have from an office
In charge of my own personal roster of clients. Self monitoring in time management and job performance Great opportunity to advance my computer skills, as well as great utilization of my medical skills to help clients maintain and monitor their own healthcare needs. Fortunate to work with good management assistance and helpful coworkers while working from my own home. Hardest part of the job was adapting to working from home, using only telephonic skills to build a relationship with management, coworkers and clients. It was rewarding to grow in this job.
Fun
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 21, 2015
Pros: alot of overtime, good money
Cons: no advacement
I really enjoyed working there, co workers were wonderful, my teammates were wonderful as well. I love the fact that we got unlimited overtime during AEP, so all that extra money was going straight to the bank. I love the fact that there was free food and what not