Humana Employee Reviews

Found 1,124 reviews matching the search
Restrictive work place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 9, 2015
Unrealistic expectations. Unsupportive management and all about the numbers. Did have great opportunities for growth and development.
Pros
Staff supportive
Cons
All about the numbers
Horrible work place
staff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2015
Management micro manage for no apparent reason, conduct unethical behaviors, major discrimination issues.

The CEO and HR should take a close look at the leadership team within the member services department,
Fun and Productive Work Place
Direct Medicare sales Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2015
A typical day goes for 8 hours. unless in the annual enrollment period. Great opportunities and challenges are everywhere. Management is friendly and co workers are supportive. Its good work if you can manage it. A good attitude and strong work ethic will take you far.
Pros
fun supportive and caring staff
Cons
inaccurate systems
Humana was a good company to work for...
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 7, 2015
I enjoyed working at Humana. I answered incoming calls assisting members and providers with benefit and claim inquiries. The environment was fast paced and pleasant. I enjoy helping others and look loved going to work.
Productive work enviornment
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2015
A typical day consists of me Working any where from 60-100 claims in my region. I also have to complete travel and lodge requests no more than 48 hours after receiving them.
I have learned what feels like every angle of the health care industry.
Very Understanding
Clinical Innovation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2015
I have several personal life issues and they were understanding really pulled together for me to help my new family. Compensation is good just wish I got overtime so weeks.
Pros
Rewarding, Build character .
Cons
Demanding
work place
Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 3, 2015
The job was a little stressful, it was a lot work with little pay.It could be fun at times. I've learned about the Medicare part d.
Pros
free lunch at times
Cons
short breaks
unpleasant workplace culture with inconsistent management
Work Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 30, 2015
Management quality varies dependent upon the supervisor and the department. I have learned quite a significant amount of information regarding the healthcare industry with this company; however, there is little room for career advancement without the appropriate connections.
Pros
8 hours annual paid volunteer time, vacation accurals, tuition assistance
Cons
inconsistent management, high deductible health plans, poor workplace culture
Great company policies and benefits
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 30, 2015
Humana provides great benefits and competitive salaries, and promotes an inclusive culture. Internal educational opportunities for self-directed learners are vast, and the company encourages employees to further their education with tuition assistance programs.

Company is committed to mission and value proposition.
Pros
Learning opportunities, diverse work
Cons
Advancement can be difficult
relaxed
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 25, 2015
farely decent job. good boss and management. moderate work experience. co worker did not have much of social life but overall okay to work with
Typical Call Center
Medicare Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 24, 2015
The job was fine. The dilemma that most employees and I alike felt that the skills that we were trained in deserved an increase in pay. Every time we were cross-trained the workload was heavier and the pay was the same. The bonus structure changed so many times in one year. As far as the rewarding side of working for them is the satisfaction of relieving stress and resolving issues for the member. I enjoyed my team and we were like family. Our team was the most popular in the building and everyone wanted to be a part of "Team No Excuses". Management was here and there. I learned a lot about insurance and medications and medical claims. Overall, the job was typical for a call center. You have have great customers who made your shift easier then there are the ones that you just want to yell at over the phone, but you can't. You have to keep it classy.
Pros
Paid Holidays (National), good coworkers, sometimes free lunch
Cons
Pay was not great, not able to move up unless you are a favorite
continuous change
Clinical Auditor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 23, 2015
There is some room for advancement if you are willing to put in a lot of hours and flexibility. I have great, great coworkers
Excellent Company.
PROVIDER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2015
I enjoyed working for Humana. The diversity and management teams were helpful and great to work with. With the programs and working with providers, customers, members you were helping people live better and assisting them with their issues on a day to day basis. You always made some great connections and put a smile on not only their faces but your own.
Pros
Great company
A Great Company
BILLING AND ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 23, 2015
Employer has a high turn over rate. The company has a poor hiring system. Training was excellent while employer doesn't offer any guarantee any permanent position. Managers are team leads who may not be good team leaders.
Pretty good company
Sr. Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 23, 2015
I have worked for Humana and i enjoyed working with my co-workers and leaders. Humana makes me feel good that not only do they protect the company but also my career.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Time management
Good place to work with good work/life balance
Large Group and Ancillary Contracting Executive (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 20, 2015
Good experience learning about contracting, provider relations and network management in my current position. Leaders care about managers they hire to ensure they are a good fit with for the team, as well as knowledgable and easy to work with.
Pay well
Clinical Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 18, 2015
Pay is well, work life balance non existent. Benefits are good.. Nothing else positive. No room for advancement. ,,...,......
Pros
Pay, insurance
Not much to say - Underwriting Customer Service
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2015
This was an experience! I truly thought that this was a customer service job and found out that this job was eventually going to require that you sale insurance to incoming callers.

Life /Accident and Health required in order to stay in the position you were hired for.
Pros
Cons
Not a great Training Instructor.
Insurance support for Sales and customers
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WINovember 16, 2015
Answered phone calls regarding the status of health insurance applications and assisted Sales Field Reps with their customers applications, status' , online site.
Pros
Stayed busy all the time, people were great to work with
Cons
varied hours
Procuctive and fun work place
Clinical Guidance Care Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 12, 2015
Fast paced environment which requires close attention to detail. It's an environment where the employees stick together and help each other. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with my elder clients; helping to incorporate the most effective and appropriate plan of care helping them to properly age in place.