Humana

Humana Employer Reviews

Great Company - Great People
CMS Processing Unit Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great management, flexible schedule, excellent compensation
Cons: health insurance benefits aren't up to par.
Humana is a great place to work! The management has been very flexible with my continuing my education, even allowing me to become a Work-At-Home associate to ensure that I was able to pursue my dreams outside of the workplace.
Poor management and no leadership
Engagement Advisor Consumer Experience Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: make your own meetings/responsible for your own work
Cons: poor leadership, impossible to get help, rude selfish employees working here.
Changed the job description on me after 2 weeks of being there. Boss was never in the office so never really had leadership/communication on expectations. Not a good environment to work in. People are not friendly in the office and out for their own benefit. Do not work well as a team but rather use you for things they don't want to do. Do not recommend.
Billing Representative
Billing Specialist Commercial/KMG/FIMMAS (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: incentive programs for employees
Cons: job security
Take member calls. I learned several computer programs while employed with Humana. Management was always available to staff. Co-workers always helpful. Hardest part of job was trying to get members to understand that there are regulations as to why we could not retro activate their insurance. Best part of my job was working with such a diverse group of co-workers.
Reluctant to improve
Director (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: supportive in healthy pursuits
Cons: very entrenched culture. everyone has worked here 20+ years.
The culture is so busy and reliant on OT that there never seems to be time to stop and improve. It's just always more steam, more steam.
Challenging Workplace with Misinformation on a regular basis
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: i have yet to figure that out.
Cons: breaks are too short, disorganization, no paid sick time, no personal time given, vacation time often denied under unfair circumstances.
Making sure the systems are working is probably the biggest challenge. I learned to be versatile in getting problems solved the best way possible. Management is up and down, because of the constant changes, based upon what is given to them. This leads to customer service woes, per not being able to fully assist the customers. The place has its character clashes, but if one is mentally centralized, he or she can get through the distractions. The hardest part of the job is paying attention, and focusing, per the numerous distractions on the production floor. The most enjoyable part of the job comes with the customer being assisted out of the crisis they are in, especially with the reassurance I am able to give them.
Nice company to work for.
Hyperion Implementation Consultant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 20, 2015
Nice company to work for.Low on compensation but takes good care of employees.
Does humana hire middle aged, white men
production pharmacists (Former Employee), blakenbaker louisvilleJanuary 18, 2015
Worked as a contract pharmacist for about 3 months. The only individuals hired full time were minority females. Creating one injustice in order to get back at another just amounts to 2 injustices.
Productive and intersting place to work.
Clinical Access Nurse. (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJanuary 14, 2015
My department reviewed difficult access cases in any state that Humana services. I worked with Clients from Illinois Wisconsin and Texas.I work with the medical directors to gain approval and decisions on special appeals. I also communicate with the managers of various area clinics to coordinate care for the clients using faxes and e- mails.
Co workers work as a team to get the job done.
Enjoyable- when a difficult case is resolved.
Excessive wait on the telephone.
Nice office environment
RightSource Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), CincinnatiJanuary 14, 2015
A typical work day is answering inbound calls from Humana and Medicare members to assist in placing prescription mail orders.
Excellent training, too much free time after end of Medicare Advantage enrollment.
Medicare Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: good compensation during aep
Cons: supervisors handled their own units very different from each other, . they need a more uniform guideline of expectations, counseling, time off, etc.
It would be wise for them to find better programs to work with on the "off season". Many days after enrollment period ended, would only receive one or two calls a day. Could have continued uptraining such as getting Life license, or work more with dental and vision for the elderly. If not, provide volunteer hours for employees to work with the elderly at care centers, nursing homes, etc. to expose us to the people we worked with every day.
Good Working
Sr. Developer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 13, 2015
Description:

It has a 3-tier database architecture consisting of company,client & users. Many products are available which clients from companies subscribe then users are created by clients after the products are enrolled from (ISF).Now the two products available are ORB(Oil Record Book) & Cadet Selection Test.Online Chat is also available for Clients & users. Company Specific Modules show the contents of their learning modules made available by particular company to their specified users. (D.L.P)Distance Learning Program contains e-learning contents for (ISF) company D.L.P users.

Roles and Responsibilities:

• Design, development/ Coding and testing in C#, ASP.NET.
• Requirements collection and validation with User.
• Developed stored procedures and database tables in T-SQL
• Maintenance and enhancement of the existing software.
• Implemented AJAX and Web 2.0 features for better user experience
• Helping other modules by way of providing technical support.
• Identifying the new areas to be explored.

Environment : C# 3.0, ASP.Net 3.5, AJAX, ADO.NET, VS 2005, Web Services, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, HTML.
Poor training and unrealistic expectations
Agent Support (Former Employee), louisville kyJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: starting pay
Cons: stressful and toxic enviroment
Was expected to explain entire Medicare program after only 3 weeks training. Constant micromanaging made it impossible to advance. Management only allowed favorites to move forward.
Company encourages wellness
Care Manager Registered Nurse (Current Employee), work at homeJanuary 10, 2015
Great flexibility working from home. Wonderful benefits. Great retirement plan.
Productive workplace enviornment
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2015
Nice employee benefit packages and lots of room for advancement.
Humana
TELESALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Great Company to work for many opportunities for growth within the company
patient care
Medicare Supplement enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2015
nice atmoshere, a great way to interact with people, productive place to work
Fun Place
Agent Support Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 6, 2015
Speak with agents about applications they may have submitted for a member. Spoke to 20-35 agents a day. The thing that I liked the most at this job was helping someone help another person even though at times I felt like no matter how much I tried to help a agent if they was frustrated nothing was good enough for them at the moment
good place to work
Participation and Eligibility Representative (Former Employee), Green Bay WIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: hours
Verified company's met eligibility
answered phones
co-workers were great
I learned medical terminology
hours were flexable
One of the best places i've ever worked
Sr. Medicare Risk Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: engagement
If you happen to get employed here this is a career company!! As with all companies sometimes the management and the core values do not go hand in hand, but Humana is a great company!
Fun place to work, excellent training program
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Middleton, WIJanuary 4, 2015
I enjoyed working here. The pay is nice, the managers are very proactive and motivated. No full-time benefits or PTO.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more