Humana

Humana Employee Reviews

Great workplace with outstanding management, pool table in break room
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: everything from management to co workers. Excelent place to work
Cons: no cons, just dring AEP forget about your family, because of the extra hours you work, but every two weeks when you see that paycheck its worth it.
I loved Humana Direct Marketing Sales in Tampa. The Management was outstanding. Although you are pushed to do your very best, you are given the tools to do so. You are on the phones all day talking to Seniors. I love talking to people and sealing people the correct product based on the customer needs by doing a needs analysis. You are graded on your calls from start to finish. How polite you are, if you asked the correct questions, if you sold them what they wanted, if you where ethical. The good and bad thing about this job is you can be easily fired because of one phone call because you did something on a phone call that Medicare considers to be unethical. No warnings just promoted to customer. You are able to make tons of money because you have a salary, overtime, and commission, with excellent benefits.
n/a
Shipping Clerk / Team Lead (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A fast paced pharmaceutical shipping location with plenty of work and available overtime. Coworkers are pleasant and the 10 hour/4 day work week is nice.
Very Bad environment to work in
Utilization Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: Frontline leader was good to work with
Team Lead runs the department and is very very rude. They tell you to ask questions and when you do they hold it against you.
Telephonic
Personal Health Consultant (Current Employee), Work at HomeJune 21, 2015
Cons: Flux
Company is trying to meet medical needs for the future. Many things are forward thinking but also in flux, Working telephonically with members on health and becoming healthier
Ilike meeting new people and help if i could
Member Services /pharmacy (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJune 16, 2015
I love working with people and learn more and more everyday and helping members with their issues and help them solve the problem.
Corporate Motivated.
Beneficiary Service Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 15, 2015
Good Company with great pay. Not very employee oriented. Has let go lots of good employees due to changing business needs.
Humana Network Operations
Technology Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 15, 2015
Great job overall, however overnight shifts are tough. Working with servers in an all encompassing IT position. The staff is hard-working but also very fun.
BORING WITH POOR MANAGEMENT
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Springdale, OHJune 14, 2015
Pros: Not a call center
Cons: Mandatory OT hours can be a bit much, lack of growth, poor management
Some of the managers were rude and felt entitled, the others you couldn't even believe were managers. Josh was really nice but Melanie was sometimes rude and condescending. Caren seemed like a "yes man" because she didn't belong in that role as a FLL. She was grateful to be there yet afraid they'll realize she wasn't FLL material.

It was a boring job but music and audiobooks made the time go by faster but as time went on, use of those became more strict. Hopefully, they have changed that by now. The job was repetitive and I didn't see much room for advancement but that seemed to be reserved – more... for the favorites of the management team. I did see a couple people leave because of that (less senior and qualified employees being chosen over those with better quality of work and more time in the company. Even those being hired outside of the company over the qualified employees inside.)

There were promises of pharmacy tech positions (higher pay) if you passed the exam, only for there to be "no positions available" once you did pass the exam. If there did happen to be a position available months down the line, the higher pay is like $.50, MAYBE $1 more.

Overtime is great if you don't have children or a life. It can go from 5hrs to 20+ hours of MANDATORY OT. They even make stipulations on some of the OT having to be done on weekend (ie 20 hours mandatory OT, at least 5 hours must be done on Saturday). There are competitions on who can do the most overtime with the rewards being menial. On a rare occasion, the management may bring food (usually donuts) for the floor as a "thank you" but you must use one of your breaks to get the food or have someone bring you something.

Coworkers weren't bad. Mostly older women (40+) with some catty situations but nothing that bothered me.

Overall, I did my time and went home. It wasn't a horrible work environment but nothing you are probably going to grow with so if you are in school or retired, this is fine. It's more than minimum wage ($13/hr on average). – less
When I left Humana that was the best day of my life!
Welcome Calls Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 13, 2015
Pros: Pay is good
Cons: Job itself is horrible. Boring. During busy season mandatory Saturday and overtime is required
I worked in the welcome calls department as a Limited term employee. In welcome calls we took health assessments with the new members that just signed up for a new plan with Humana. When I first started out it was okay but once I was there not even a good month I was already dreading the job. I hated being there! Now don't get me wrong its easy anybody can do the job I was great at it. But it wasn't challenging me at all, it was just so boring. You say and do the same thing over and over again all day, they expect you to have a certain number of survey completions everyday.. Its all about the numbers – more... to them!! Its outbound and sometimes inbound if your lucky or in good with the managers. Members are rude not even expecting a health survey, doesn't trust you when you say you are Humana! Management is alright they did work with me before on a certain situation I was having so I cant say they are that bad! But if they are in the busy season they really aren't that generous. They have a new manager of the department and she is really nice and walks around the whole floor making sure she speaks to everyone.. Love her!! Maybe she will make some changes around there! The pay was really good compared to my previous job so I was happy with that! There was no benefits since I was a LTE which is understandable I guess.. Job security was not good again I was limited term through Humana and I never really knew if I had a job or if I didn't. One week they would say our time was coming to an end and then the next week they would say never mind. That's another thing management was always going back and fourth on decisions they made or had already enforced. Now this was just my experience with Humana I always say you have to find your own way but Humana was just not the place for me! The job was a blessing while I had it and now its time to move on to better opportunities! Thanks for reading – less
The pay was good, the management was awful.
Assist seniors (Former Employee), Clearwater FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: they don't value employees. very poor training
The name of the FMO was E-telequote.They pay very well. There training was repetitive and they do not train regarding computer platform. I was thrown on the floor the first day of AEP and never given any training on accessing and enrolling the 20 various companies we serviced. They never gave me feedback and then after AEP let me go without consideration of a learning curve and my considerable progress. They don't value employees. They treat agents very poorly and no opportunity to correct issues because of complete lack of feedback.
stressful, concern for productivity
Humana Cares Social Worker SNP (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 11, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: management out of touch with reality of stressors of job
Working from home was nice, but productivity goals were stressful in the last 6 months of the job. A typical day was outreaching to members on the phone to assist with social service support and referrals to community resources for special needs population; Medicaid / Medicare recipients and documenting contacts and assessments . I enjoyed the job for 3 years, but the last 6 months were enough to kill me; headaches, backaches, hand and feet, exhausted at the end of each day, tired eyes and hands working on computer all day...and barely a break as productivity goals were stretched, as 'work life – more... balance' was out of balance to try to meet goals. Management changed, and no longer were we supported. What I learned is that Humana says all the right things, and upper management has wonderful 'cheerleading meetings' to keep staff informed of their lofty goals, but they do not listen to those professionals actually doing the work. It was expected to ''get on board' and join in the lofty goals, but the increased production goals take no consideration of the day to day stressors. It's at the expense of the professionals' health who compassionately do the work. Work life balance and lovely values of 'rethinking routine, inspiring health, pioneering simplicity, cultivating uniqueness and thriving together' all sound good, but they were not practiced when productivity goals were perceived to be the most crucial of goals.Some in management have no leadership skills, and how they continue to dictate to staff with rude behavior is amazing. It was a challenging job but when stress from management was unbearable it was time to go. I enjoyed my teammates for the most part, and working with members was challenging, and rewarding. After 3 and a half years on the job, I must admit however, I am quite cynical about the work Humana professes to do in the industry, and society as a whole. Profit is focus at the expense of the employees health. – less
Culture does not match the mission statement
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Middleton, WIJune 8, 2015
Overall, benefits are good. Work life balance is fair. Co-workers were great! It is a very cyclical sales environment.
Awesome company to work for!
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 7, 2015
Humana is a well run company with excellent employee benefits. The goal for perfect customer service is not just written words, but actually perfect service for their customers.
Tenure does not equate to good
RN (Current Employee), Miramar, FLJune 6, 2015
Pros: Work at home available as well as longer shifts to allow 3 Off, ALL depts should offer these
Cons: Each dept runs completely different
Need to clean out some of tenured management who can't get beyond"that's how it's been done." New people new ideas happy employees. The nasty management style does not promote positive work environment nor will it keep good employees motivated!
Productive and fast pace
Post Discharge Specialist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 6, 2015
Pros: No clocking In or Out, close to several restaurants as well at Pellissippi
Cons: Unable to advance to other positions
Fast pace environment that will constantly keep you on your toes. Enjoyed interacting with customers as well as co-workers on a daily basis. The hardest part about the job was being expected to decide between my family or a career. And the opportunity for advancement is available, however it's not on your time it's on your managements time.
Humana keeps up with national standards on providing healthcare
PODS Owner for Eastern Iowa (Former Employee), Work at homeJune 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was making a positive difference in patients quality of health and seeing them achieve their health goals.
all in a day's work
Consultant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 3, 2015
Pros: big employer
Cons: politics
the best part of my day is the freedom and flexibility to use my own judgment to come and go as needed to acomplete my work tasks. I've not been big on some of the office politics that go into my day. All in all, good opportunity and good people. I've gained a great deal of knowledge in MS office primarily Excel as well as SQL and other data analytics applications.
Glass ceiling environment.
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJune 3, 2015
inbounds calls of irrated and/or disrespectful customers.Management attemps to improve the workplace with potlucks and other similar activities. Glass ceiling environment.
Great place to work with a differnt enviorment.
customer Analyst (Former Employee), Depere WiJune 2, 2015
Pros: great enviorment
Cons: only work with contractors
The work was fast pace which was nice. There was something new to learned the environment was very peaceful, but they usually only work with contractors.
A productive, fast paced place to work in
Billing & Enrollment Medicare Advantage Agent (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 1, 2015
Pros: Productive, fast paced environment
Cons: Not enough career advancement opportunities
The process of incentivizing employees needs improvement. Like providing better career advancement opportunities. Compensation and benefits are not competitive with the industry standards. Job Work/Life Balance is difficult.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more

Humana Salaries