Humana

Humana Employer Reviews

Humana is a great place to build your career
Telesales / Front Line Leader (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2014
Humana has excellent benefits and compensation. As an employee you will receive great support from the very beginning. Humana reviews and rewards based on performance. If you plan to work there, plan to do your best.
great place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), plantation, FloridaOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great pay, great benefits and benefits start on day one of employment. ... great team work.
Cons: needs better health insurance
I love my job. I love my office great staff, great team work. My office manager is great understanding, great at leading his office that has been a five star office for many years. My day starts a 830 and ends at 530 with an hour lunch. I love working for humana. Great pay great benefit.
Enjoyable working environment
Marketing and Sales Support (Former Employee), Rogers, AROctober 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits, relaxed working environment
Cons: poor communication across departments
I very much enjoyed working at Humana. The people were great and management was pretty good. As with any company there are good and bad aspects.
Total Health and wellbeing focused
Agency Relationship Manager - Sales (Current Employee), waukesha, wiOctober 26, 2014
Main focus is to sell the focus of total health and wellness. The main focus is to sell products that assist in helping groups achieve less cost in their healthcare premiums due to increased participation in the wellness strategies that are offered.
This is the favorite part of my job because you are offering a solution and helping groups become healthier – more... which in turn achieves loyalty to a company and less absenteeism.
Hardest part of the job is when you know a solution is at hand for an employer but they are not to the point of buying in to the wellness strategy.
The best part of my job is succeeding in keeping an employer's bottom line within budget and achieving better health. – less
Really poor management
Case manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: some people are allowed to work from home, pay is reasonable for some
Cons: management, leaders, insurance cost out of pocket, late hours for salaried employees, likely the possibility of over hiring personnel rather than adjust processes, school assistence
This is not the place for a person if you want management to hear your voice, and want to be considered a contributing person within the company. Mainly seeming uneducated for all intensive purposes, you make a suggestion to leaders about better ways to do things, and it pretty much gets shot down. Many of the case managers get treated like slaves, – more... having to stay on late into the night as well as getting no compensation for this AT ALL. There is no way to manage the cases without having to stay extra hours as a salaried employee, so ask for a lot of $$$ up front. People who are lost, get promoted seemingly as they are pals with other management employees. I personally was being trained by a nurse and she received so many IM's across the wire I asked why was she/he answering all these question appearing to be more for supervisors? Her/his response is because management wont. I am a good employee and had been working in the field, but when I explained the job I just transferred to was not for me, I was kicked out of the company permanently. So basically, there is no job work life balance unless you' re a 'manager' and your Lynx system turns off directly at 5 O'clock. On compensation/benefits, I wanted to go a bit higher for pay as it was reasonable, but heck and high waters, the insurance they provide us with is horrible, deductibles as high as 4,800$. the max out of pockets were like $12000 (yes, that's 3 zeros). That's too high for an insurance company. Bruce you've got to get it together. Your like the current President of the USA, making to much money and not sharing it with the people at the lower end. Its like a pyramid scheme. And sometime we really would like to go to school and 5000$ per year is so low. Also, why cant us Medicare employees work from home? Its just unbelievable at times. And finally if you want us to be on a "wellness journey" let us have time off to do that, we are all working too late. – less
Highly Demanding Office Environment
Agent Support (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 22, 2014
Pros: pay was remarkable
Cons: too stressful
This job was a great learning experience for me in how far I am willing to go and to be pushed. In the end I realized that I am not a door mat for others to talk to as they see fit.
Great company, long hours
Senior Associate - Mergers & Acquisitions (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2014
Great people, healthy culture, workload seemingly never stops.
Productive/Upbeat workplace
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 21, 2014
Great place to work all around. Very welcoming and always willing to help peers.
It was a good learning experience within healthcare domain, it has polished my skills as BA and made me more confident for upcoming challenges.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 21, 2014
Typical day at work will include back to back meetings with Stakeholders and IT team in-house. Being hear i have really strengthen my analytic skills in the healthcare domain as a Business Analyst.
Management was always supportive and upfront,and it was a blessing to have such a supportive and progressive team. hardest part of my job is to bring consensus – more... on one subject matter and get it done on timely manner.
What i enjoyed most is the freedom and the hold on the project along with my Project manager which also enhanced my managerial skills at some level. – less
Dealing with Elderly members
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Sandy, UTOctober 20, 2014
Typical day at work would be speaking with elderly members/clients. What I learned from this work place was how to speak to elderly. Which is pretty awesome.
Management was ok. Some were better then others and vice versa. The hardest part of the job is trying to hear what the elderly were saying through the phone. The enjoyable part of the job was actually – more... speaking with the elderly hearing their Thank yous, I made their day or even have a nice day young men, just brings warmth in my heart. – less
Fun place to work
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2014
Engaged environment with alot of learning and opportunity.
Providing exceptional inbound costumer service
Billing & Enrollment/Pharmacy Customer Service (Current Employee), Cary, NCOctober 19, 2014
Deal with members Billing and enrollment issues with their insurance policy. Provided members with medical and pharmaceutical benefits as well as their claims information and provided overrides as needed.
Good for people who know each other; lots of favoring of people who know very little; culture is very good ole boy
Legal Counsel (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2014
Cons: health benefits, salary as compared to other companies
I worked hard but was never rewarded based on my work but rather based on other people's opinions of me.
taking calls from provider office to appr high price drugs for chemo
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great benefis
Cons: alot of changes
working production to get auth for chemo drugs and resubmitting claims , have good coworkers to work with, management was good, hardest part of job things not being very organized and iinfo not being told to workers.
Strong company with inconsistent leadership
Strategic Consultant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2014
Cons: poor benefits, lacking talent management
The company has grown so much in the last ten years that the talent pool hasn't been able to keep up. The result is many areas that are poorly managed. Too many areas promote from within, often beyond an individual's capabilities. Or leaders are brought from outside the company, but they are not provided adequate on-boarding or cultural immersion. Mid-level – more... associates are the ones who suffer as the result. Having department leadership without basic business acumen is not uncommon, especially outside of corporate functions.

While compensation is generous, Humana expects a lot of their associates. Little consideration is given for personal commitments or personal well-being, despite the company's claim to focus on total well-being for their customers. – less
Associate health and wellbeing is important here at Humana. Humana is a positive and progressive company.
Care Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLOctober 16, 2014
I enjoy being an associate at Humana, they have transparency, welcome associate involvement and recognize the importance of associate health and wellbeing, not only for the worker, but for the recipients of the service provision and the share holders - they get the big picture!
Great company and awesome culture but very micromanaged
Marketpoint Career Agent (Former Employee), New York, NY and San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: extensive training, weekly group meetings, fun outings with your team
Cons: health benefits, management
I worked at Humana for almost 2 years. I loved the extensive training and how much the company invested in my learning/advancement. I was part of their inside and outside sales departments. I was offered everything you would expect from a corporate company; great pay, PTO and benefits. Their benefits are mediocre for being an insurance company. It was – more... great that they ensured I became a licensed agent and took care of teaching me the ins and out of my job. Only complaint really is how stressful the job can be at time especially during peak insurance times like annual enrollment periods. You are highly encouraged and expected to work overtime, although I cannot complain much since you are compensated for your time unless you are a salaried employee. I also am not a fan of the management they need to put more effort into their managers to be more helpful and encouraging instead of demanding. – less
humana experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2014
The hospitality of working as a team and achieving a goal together was quite fulfilling and rewarding. We had a saying one team one dream one humana. I learned many new task i haven't performed before such as manifest,manual scrip. The hardest part of working at humana i would say is meeting the percentage each day; of course i made my numbers but a – more... lot of people had trouble in doing so. Over all my experience working there was awesome! – less
Fun place to work
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: no benefits
This job has all the perks you want plus BONUSES! You can advance to many management levels within a short period of time.
Productive Workplace
Provider Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2014
Pros: vacation time, excellent 401k package
Company is excellent demonstration of customer service and a business that knows and anticipates the needs of its customers and client by doing business strategically oriented towards the needs of its customers.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more