Humana

Humana Employee Reviews

Worked as a Secretary.
Secretary (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: They didn't know what to do with me when my boss went on maternity leave.
It was stressful at times but most jobs are like that. Management was average, and co-workers were very nice. Work is great, but it depends on which managers you get, if they don't like you it will be quite evident. But overall a very rewarding experience.
great staff
Certified & Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLJuly 24, 2015
Pros: no weekends
Cons: software connections
Nice place to work, fun staff, great hours, no weekend, no holidays.

I had a great time working for humana. The management always tried to work with your schedule.
Great work environment
Clinical Intake Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2015
Excellent company to work for, a lot of growth opportunity offered at this company. Great people to work with, awesome management. all around great place to work.
Production
Medical Code Review (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: Health ins not to good
I enjoy my job for a while but it got to the point that it became stressfull wanted to much out of me and no award for it. Enjoy my co worker they helped out alot, but mangers and suprevisor was not supporting.
lies lies lies
Front End Review UR Nurse (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: don't count on work at home when stated
can't wait until new company takes over...FLL are never available and training is the worst...changes in staff and FER process are not ever the same..stress is a everyday problem
Friendly environment to work in
Technology Operations/Production Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2015
The building I work in is a fast paced environment with the challenges that come with automated production work. The staff are well trained and knowledgeable with a willingness to help everyone succeed.
great company
Telesales Specialist Sales and Account Management (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Great Managment, great co-workers
Cons: Better health insurance options for employees
At Humana you provide general information about health insurance products, value and rates to prospective customers over the telephone ,Use the appropriate interpersonal style and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service or idea from prospects, Humana encourages others to learn, keep closely attuned to the needs of customers and use this insight for the benefit of the client .I learned to assess clients needs and then build a comprehensive solution. use sales and relationship building skills as well as product expertise to guide the consumer in making an informed decision ,the quality assurance and compliance of humana was wonderfull they went out of the was to provide the best up to date Product Knowledge ­education CMS regulations,theymake sure agents are provided with great training . in the Miramar florida location .Hardest part was relocation out of state no call center in houston Tx . The florida Humana DMS was like family and help was always on hand .
Goode
Digital Consultant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 18, 2015
Excellent experience at Humana. Great work life balance. Great opportunity for advancement. Leadership is dynamic and willing to listen to innovative ideas.
Nice place to work
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2015
Great working environment, I would suggest anyone to work for a company as great as humana. I had nice check as a limited term position.
What I learned
Consultant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2015
Pros: lots of opportunities to learn and develop personally and professionally
Cons: lack of pay increases (and increases aren't great) and hard to advance
For a large company it's not as easy to move around as I thought it would be (if I don't want to job-hop to roles I won't enjoy). I have had some amazing leaders and learned a lot - what I hoped from working for a large organization with a lot of resources.
Endless possibilities to impact customer's lives
Activity Coordinator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2015
I have learned so much from the variety of teams. This has been one of the best companies I have ever worked for. There are many possibilities to grow and move up within the company.
Very demanding work environment
Researcher (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Highly stressful
Constant focus on output. Very demanding environment. Good pay yet high stress. Nice friendly people and great opportunities for growth and promotion.
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Working hours, management support, and commute.
Cons: System problems do to government security restrictions.
Working in a call center is very challenging, but working for a Medicare Supplement Service company is extremely challenging.
My job was to provide information and approval of medical treatments and pharmaceutical products to Medicare members. There are hundreds of government regulations and restrictions on what to say and not to say to customers in an average of 475 seconds per call. There is tremendous pressure to do the job right,but I was able to work there for 50 months. Humana has a great management team and support center to assist employees with Medicare issues. regarding co-workers I can not say much because most employees quit their positions due to the stress level. But the ones that stay, it was nice to work with them. The hardest part of my job was when calls where routed to our facility from another call center do to technical problems, but most of the time the amount of calls were reasonable.
Great Work culture, team outings, potlucks etc..
Application Consultant Lead (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Friendly and cooperative management
Cons: no
We enjoying working together, facing challenges and work on them together with each others help. Management is very friendly and cooperative. We enjoy team outings and potluck a lot.
Home away from home
Customer Installation Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Family oriented
Cons: Short lunch breaks
Very fast paced, always learning new procedures to better achieve
accurate information to insure members experience with the company. Nice and comfy work space.
Great company to work for
Spanish Translation Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2015
As a contractor, it's much the same as an associate, only without certain benefits. The workload varies based on the amount of requests. Humana values the office environment just as much as it values product output. People are friendly and eager to help accomplish tasks. The most difficult part is not knowing how much of a workload to expect. The best part is getting to collaborate with a variety of people.
Fun atmosphere
Administrative Service Coordinator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Compensation, benefits
Cons: None
I enjoyed the opportunity I had with Humana and the opportunities that Humana gave me to grow with them. Working in the smaller offices makes everyone feel like family and not just a large corporation.
Management was inefficient
patient services coordinator for VA (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 6, 2015
My review of this company is not good.

The manager was not educated or functional as a supervising manager. Therefore, the business closed.
Poor Management
Medicare/LI NET Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 6, 2015
Work was fine, but unfairly ran by management. One person could get away with something while others couldn't get away with it
Licensed Insurance
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee), Miramar, FlJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Good Insurance Products
Cons: Unprofessional Management
This Location has a host of problems including unprofessional management practices, inexperienced supervision and ineffective training. Job performance is supposed to allow you more opportunities to venture into different projects. Unfortunately at this office its not about job performance but favoritism. You can never get any results from operational manager or director. Endless amount of trainings with no training staff to assist.