Humana

Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 28, 2014
LEARNED GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS,LEARNED ALOT ABOUT MEDICARE
N/A
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), DePere, WIMay 28, 2014
Any and all things that were performed on a daily basis are confidential to Humana
Had to travel an average of 100 to 300 miles a day
Sales Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: terrible customer service
We were told we didn't have to work weekends but of course we were also told that working weekends would be better for us.
So typical day was calling by phone to get managements views on how sales were going.
Had to go to office at least once a week for team mtg. and two or more times a month for agent of day.
What I learned was that the top priority – more... was sell, sell, sell !!!
My first manager was a top notch person; demanding but reasonable.
Second manager was young but very sophisticated but somewhat aloof.
Third manager was all of the above plus very approachable and interested in us as sales agents and as individuals. – less
Humana Insurance
Bilingual Customer Care Rep. (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 20, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Humana - April 2008 - July 2013 (Bilingual Customer Care Rep. /RightSource RX /Medicare Rewards & OTC Customer Service)
• Customer Care - High volume call center, Humana Medicare and private insurance, prescription refills, claim verifying and price quotes for prescriptions and diabetic supplies.
• Relationship building - Promoting and educating members – more... of self service options, offering additional benefits on their insurance plans, offering refills on available prescriptions, and submitting Medicare rewards available for each member.
• Conflict resolution - Assisted on supervisor calls and call backs, for both Spanish and English customers, problem resolution and customer service to achieve member satisfaction.
• Record keeping -Updated accounts such as credit cards, addresses, phone numbers and emails. Updated members prescription accounts, such as MD changes and a medication allergies.
• Assisted management with interviewing and evaluating potential Bilingual Employees.
• Trained new employees
• Handled high call volume from Puerto Rico Medicare members (Verbal and electronic communication)
Proficient in Microsoft office, Excel, Internet average of 50-60 WPM
Won 3 awards for Employee of the month, STAR Award for helping my team in new updates and changes, Acknowledgement certificate for high call resolution and low handle time from FLL Drew S. – less
Work travel
Quality Nurse Consultant (Current Employee), Alpharetta GeorgiaMay 19, 2014
Pros: adjusting quickly to meet client demands
Cons: 100% road travel weekly
Traveled throughout the United States educating hospital clinical staff and provider office staff on Electronic Health Record.
productive and fun workplace
otc (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2014
the best part of the job were the people i worked with and i enjoyed it.
Workplace
CPU Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 19, 2014
Enjoyed Job Environment and people.. Very organized great company to work for with many perks and benefits
Not the best Managers
Learning Consultant (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 19, 2014
Pros: great salaries, lots of opportunities
Cons: not great healthcare benefit
They try to hire from within which is great because there is a lot of opportunity. However there is not enough training given to those that manager and they often burned out or their entire team suffers until the manager learns to manage.
Already rated this job
Billing and Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 19, 2014
Pros: team outings
Cons: already rated
Was a great place to work, nice atmosphere, great group of people. Already put many details in other description prior to this regarding the same job
Under Construction
Clinical Review Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 18, 2014
The department that I was in HCPR is still finding its way. The department is understaffed and over worked. Seasonal employees are hired, but not enough to man the forecasted work.
Very good company to work for.
Agent Support Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 17, 2014
Pros: hours, activities, food
Co workers, and management was nice, and very helpful. They always had different potlucks, and activities to keep you involved.
Nice place to work and help soldier
TSR I, TRICARE Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 15, 2014
Pros: helping
Cons: sometimes not being able to give whats needed
learned to help soldiers and their families with all kinds of TRICARE issues
medical front office
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee), HAMPTON ,VAMay 15, 2014
I HAVE BEEN WORKING AT FRONT OFFICE , WITH BILLING AND CODEING . AND ALSO MEDICAL CHARTS .AND TRAIGE
The communication between co-workers assist with making job performance smooth.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), LouisvilleMay 13, 2014
Pros: freedom to work whenever. ie @ home or office
Cons: difficult to advance.
As a specialist, I enjoy helping people with issues to ensure peace of mind. I respond to phone calls and emails throughout the day regarding a variety of issues. I sort and distribute mail daily. Update and correspond via emails, phone calls, faxes, IM's, etc.
I have learned to look at the underlying issue and get to the root of the issue in a timely – more... manner that saves time and allows task to be completed to create the perfect customer experience. the hardest part of my job is delivering bad news when you can not assist a person in need. I have learned to deliver bad news with a smile that is exceptable to the customer. There are two areas I most enjoyable about me job. 1. Helping others 2. My co-workers. – less
Humana is a highly competitive place to work and very stressful work environment
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 13, 2014
Pros: 1 hour breaks and paid holiday
Cons: workplace demands
To met the demands and comply with all regulator requirements it is concerned the hardest place I have ever had to work, but there is great opportunity for learning.
Very productive and up tempo but fun
Agent Support Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 12, 2014
Customer service support for insurance agents
great job
great way to move up
Had to research a lot of info
Life Balance is always a positive and they had that, plus great benefits, compensation, advancement. I would give them a 4.
Sr. Products Project Analyst Compliance Department (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 10, 2014
One would either review projects from the previous day and follow up/complete them. Then touch basis with management to see if there are any projects coming up as well as deadlines. Check all emails for any follow up projects from the day before as well as any requests for materials needed from various departments. Management easy to work with as well – more... as co-workers, everyone has the same common goal always representing the Company in a positive manner. Networking with co-workers from various departments throughout the Organization was always enlightening. – less
overall positive experience with a lot of growth oppotunity and learning on the job.
Clinical Advisor for Humana Achieve (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 10, 2014
Pros: working from home the last 3 years; constant change to improve program
Cons: priorities of the company seemed to change as they expanded, with quality replaced with quantity served.
I started my employment with CORPHEALTH, in Ft. Worth and was very satisfied with the work environment, opportunity to learn computer skills and the philosophy of the company. As the company was renamed LifeSynch and moved to Arlington it continued to have the same priority of the member in mind as well as the morale of the employees.
As the company – more... was bought by Humana, there was a shift in priorities and I often did not know what the priority or focus was at the time. Once I was allowed to work from home, my focus was on the success of the member outcome. Through the last 3 years, it has become increasingly difficult to know what the actual mission was as I was told to pre-maturely close cases to make room for more, or not make active members and their goals my priority, but to activate as many as possible. the turn-over rate of clinical advisors began to rise due to frustration of lack of our ethical commitment to members we promised a service. My immediate supervisor and her Manager were supportive and respected my frustration with not being able to function within my standards of work ethic.
I made the choice to resign as I could no longer feel satisfied or proud of the work at the end of the day. – less
Enjoyable part of my job
Patient Coordinator/Patient Advocate (Current Employee), Albany, GAMay 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my day was when I feel a sense of accomplishment by being able to help a veteran.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more