Humana Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,876 reviews matching the search
Very overated company
CSR/Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 24, 2016
A typical day was talking to providers and clients on medical claim, met some really nice co-workers. Management never really engaged except to report or write up in my department. Made it very uncomfortable
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
Employees had the worst benefits working for a insurance company
work environment
Limited Term Associate- 40 hrs week (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 2, 2016
Rules are set stating that they are federally regulated because of hippa, I have worked in the healthcare field for 4 years and have never been told I couldn't not wear a shirt because it had a college logo on it because it was a Hippa Violation. Also the could careless about their employees. To expect someone to not miss a single day for 6 months is not realistic. Unexpected health issues can arise and cause problems they should accept documentation from health care professionals. But they do not
Humana has been a good work at home experience
RN Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40202February 29, 2016
I perform telephonic phone assessment to Senior Medicare Advantage members. I provide medication education and partner with members to help them manage their health independently at home.

I have learned discipline via working at home. I have increased my autonomy and troubleshooting skills.

I am a part of a great team of women who are willing share information regarding policies and updates. We encourage each other to keep pressing forward to meet daily productivity goals and making a difference in the lives of the members we serve.

The hardest part of the job is not having control if the members will answer the telephone for you to engage and assess their needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the members. Members/patients make the hard work of a nurse pleasurable.
Pros
Working at home
Cons
Micromanagement
There are plenty of information suitable to better the skills of any allied health professional.
Data Entry, Claim Processing (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Great place to work. Unfortunately, I was a temporary emplyee and number 2 in productivity. On a saturday mornig, I received a call telling me that I am no longer working in this position, which will be filled by a Spanish speaker whereas the position deos not require a Spanish-speaker. Since I had no say as a temporary emplyee, I had to accept whatever position they had available though unrelated to my field of study.
High expectations for productivity
Clinical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 12, 2016
Intense, high stress environment, incentives for reaching personal health and well-being, fast-pace work, engagement of most staff, co-workers are supportive and helpful,teamwork is important
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
high stress position
Great comany, horrible leadership.
Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 4, 2016
I believe Humana is a great place to work unless you're in the Security Administration department. High turnover rate with a slim chance of being hired on full-time. They'll promise you the goods in your interview but a month down the road you'll realize you're a gate keeper for 100,000 employees and bottom man on the totem pole.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Management, insane workload.
Team oriented with many bright people.
Director (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 21, 2016
I enjoyed working in the corporate office because I felt I could impact the health plans across the country. Corporate leaders and executive health plan staff tended to be very intelligent and strove to be innovative. There was some tension between the corporate office and health plan staff, but no more than would be expected.
Dispensing Assosciate
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2016
I would operate machinery for producing medication for our clients. I would fill vials and inspect product for any damages then we would ship the to the customer.
Pros
The pay was great.
Cons
They had alot of mandatory overtime and lacked in diversity.
Great co-workers, not so-great hours
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Humana is a great organization! A wonderful company to work for whether it is temporary or long term.You have the ability to move up and around within the organization. Wonderful opportunities to network.
Pros
flexible schedule, open communication, work closely with the public
Cons
short breaks, not guaranteed hours they say you are going to get.
Nurse Navigator
Care Manager Nurse, Humana at Home (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJune 27, 2016
Great job from home. High demand of work load but if you were organized and self motivated it was easily accomplished. I worked for almost 2 years and had to resign due to school. They do not offer a part time position in this field.
Enjoyable place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 17, 2016
Humana is a wonderful company to work for. They make sure that all of the employees are given a 30 minute wellness break once a week to re-energize themselves. Humana wants their employees to give all members their full dedication and support.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2016
Nice place to work. Close to downtown, good people. Also they have flexible hours and nice starting pay. If you would like to work on the weekends saturday hours are available to you. Overtime is also a nice bonus if you would like to add it to your schedule.
Great, supportive work environment
Humana Care Manager - Social Services (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 24, 2016
I enjoy being a work at home employee and the benefits that Humana, Inc. offers to associates from the work hours and salary to the insurance coverage and other fringe benefits. I enjoy my work environment as my team is very supportive and encouraging. The most difficult part of the job is the technical aspect of software glitches that hinder work production. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help the members with their health care related concerns.

I love Humana, Inc and I plan on retiring from here because I truly believe in and support the values and culture of the organization. It's a great workplace and the growth potential is what you make it!
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Secluded work environment
Very good company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 12, 2016
Humana is very good company to work for. They are always volunteering and giving back to the community. The employees are taken care of in terms of providing help and support in living a healthy life style.
Pros
employee recognition
Cons
normal office drama and favoritism
Humana is Awesome
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2016
Humana is a company that cares about their employee's. Depending on the job I dealt with medicare members and assigned requested PCP to their accounts. Management was great, they answered my questions and were always there when needed. The most enjoyable part of working at Humana was the gym access and the cafeteria in the lunch room.
Pros
great benefits, management and pay
Reliable company
Customer Service Rep Inbound/ Outbound calls (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 10, 2016
Receive and make calls with co-workers. Hardest part, contacting customers. Learned their is no perfect plan. Enjoy finding good plans.
Pros
Great work supplies provided.
Cons
No in person communication only phone calls.
good job
Grievance and Appeals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 5, 2016
great benefits great company to work for feel as though management is not held accountable by any higher up. however they are really a great company to work for the pay is excellent and they take really good care of there employees its just hard work and long hours
Better than most of their counterparts.
Tele-sales Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2016
During Medicare open enrollment, many companies hire limited term employees just for the season. I've worked for a few of them and Humana was by far the best one of the bunch. They treated you like a person not a number.
Stress
Health Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 27, 2016
Company is just that, it is a very stressful position, metrics and overworking employees. Pay is good, that is how they suck you in, benefits eh!, raises are far and few, "they" say they care about employees but NOPE
Pros
high salary
Cons
management is terrible on all levels
Productive and fun workplace with an onsite GYM
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 10, 2016
As a Medical claims analysts I spend majority of my workday on the computer, entering data and reviewing reports. I also communicate with providers via email and telephone. I was required to work a 40 hour workweek but I did more than that most of the time in order to stay on top of things, thus my typical day was busy, intense, but fun.
Medical claims analyst are expected to have knowledge of medical terminology and medical procedures which I didn’t have. I learned so much and became an expert because Humana has a very good training program in place. Management was great and my team was wonderful. We pounced ideas off of each other.
The hardest part was at the beginning learning the medical terminology, medical procedure, and coding. The most enjoyable part was understanding the industry lingo, the company’s products and service, applying them, thus putting a smile on the members and providers faces.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
I can not think of any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.