Humana Employee Reviews

Sold Medicare Advantage Ins. policies
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 1, 2017
Selling Medicare Advantage plans is seasonal as Medicare defines an enrollment period. During this time the sales person is running preset appointments all day into the night as needed. This is a very stressful period that only lasts less than two months. I learned how to manage my time and rearrange my appointments to reduce driving time. My sales team worked together very well and everybody was easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was trying to come up with leads to sell other types of policies. The most enjoyable part was visiting with fellow sales associates at meetings.
Pros
Base pay + commissions and paid time off. Good coworkers. Expenses reimbursed.
Cons
Marketing other policies with no help from the company.
A Changing Company
Digital Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2017
In response to consumer trends and the ACA, like other health insurers, Humana is seeking to evolve into a more customer-centric company. Successes and lots of bumps in the journey.
I have been working at Humana.
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 31, 2017
Outstanding flexible work environment
Growing
Global experience
Low turnover
Talented colleagues
Your able to make an immediate impact
Great benefits, work from home options
They don't give raises
Group Medicare Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 31, 2017
They don't give raises and they beat you up every day on how you do your job. Who needs to be beat down each day and have your systems going down EVERY DAY. It is super super stressful and they simply don't care about their employees. and they don't care that their systems are absolutely terrible and that their quality checks and balances are brutal.
care plus is not an ideal workplace
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 30, 2017
To begin the manager was replaced 4 times in 1 year, no one stays at Care plus for more than 12 months. Managers only look at numbers not open to listening to ideas that will better the job in general.
Pros
lots of overtime.
Cons
micromanagement to a whole new level. will not work there ever again.
Ever Changing and Inconsistent
Individual Medicare Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 30, 2017
Building personal relationships with your associates is the greatest part about my job. Helping their professional development and building new doors to help them succeed into a different role. Down side of the role is that is not consistent and you can certainly feel as though what you are doing is not good enough.
Good pay but not secure job
LVN Case Manager for Senior Bridge (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2017
I love the pay and management was great. I work for this company for 3 years and never have an increase in pay. Supervisor was great and hours. I wish more benefits were offer.
Not the best company
Concierge Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 30, 2017
The pay way okay but could have been better. I was not a fan of the mandatory overtime it was 12 hour days Monday-Friday for 3 months. Yes the pay checks were good after that but with having a small child it wasn’t worth it.
Humana review
Care Manager-RN (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeOctober 30, 2017
Humana has been a great company to work for and if the contract I work on was not ending I would not be looking to change employment. I would recommend working for them.
Stay away
TECHNOLOGY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 30, 2017
Red tape......... very click-ish and difficult to move forward unless you have something on someone. The company does pay well but they also make it hard to move on to somewhere else as you are seen as being to over priced.
Amazing place to work
Clinical Advisor (RN) (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 28, 2017
An amazing place to work! Directly and indirectly affect the lives of the health plan members in a positive way! Challenging at times. I continue to learn something every day which is a good thing. My team is a well oiled machine. Anything can be accomplished.
Pros
Excellent work-life balance
Cons
Reorganization
Productive and fast paced job environment
Long term care case manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 28, 2017
Humana is a great company to work for.. It has a work balance , but it often becomes stressful at times due to certain tasks.. The managers are helpful and help as a team..
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Demanding tasks / deadlines
Stressful place to work
Home Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 28, 2017
Management wants quantity of numbers met at all times this is not always feasible; can be very stressful. There are times breaks and lunch cannot be taken if numbers do not look like they are going to be met.
Pros
Great PTO and benefits
Cons
Sometimes cannot take breaks or lunch
Working in Customer Service
Pharmacy Specialty Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 28, 2017
I have learned a lot about the pharmacy piece and how the insurance is applied. However, I have insurance verification experience, but it always good to learn more skill. The hardest part of the job is trying to assist members that are going through so much with their sicknesses and sometimes feel helpless.
Humana
SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 27, 2017
Great company with plenty of room for development and growth. Excellent trainers push you to succeed and excell. Trainers make sure you are prepared and we'll equipped for the job tasks.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Obstetric Case Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 27, 2017
The staff I worked with was simply amazing. The were a great group of women who were very dedicated to the members and made sure that the members received all of the benefits they needed in order to have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Frequent programatic changes
Enjoyable place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 27, 2017
A typical day at work was about eight hours. We started with a daily meeting each morning. We then made visits to patients explaining benefits and services, etc. The management was very supportive. Co-workers were friendly and always willing to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the workplace culture and helping patients.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work.
Cons
None.
Stressful and cut-throat. Hard to navigate
Financial Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 26, 2017
The job pays well and you could move up if you worked really hard or knew the right person(s). They have a cafeteria which is nice, but very expensive. Same as the gym. The people are fantastic, but forget being able to get to HR easily. I had the hardest time figuring out how to put in my two weeks notice when I found out I was moving and was late getting it in. It isn't very personable. You are a number in a system. Also, the elevator system takes forever.
Pros
Good pay, friendly co-workers
Cons
Bad insurance, not great upper managment
Fantastic Place to Work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 26, 2017
Inclusive, supportive, and flexible. I have thouroughly enjoyed my time here. Benefits are great, significant amount of mobility options. Overall, just a great place to work.
Afraid to take risks or engage in creative problem solving
Server (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 26, 2017
Unfortunately, it is a stuffy place, with lifers that want nothing more than to keep shoveling coal, instead of trying to innovate. The highest echelons of leadership make an unhealthy percentage more financially than the rest of management; making arbitrary decisions around bonuses, that leads to resentment and lack of productivity. So many decisions are arbitrary, and poorly communicated, that there is always a sense of an ax ready to fall. It's a shame that so much emphasis is put on the fake aspects of the company culture, while the reasons for employee dissatisfaction are ignored. Leadership is solely motivated by their own gain, and so the opportunity to truly, positively affect Member lives and the National discourse on healthcare is squandered by greed. I had high hopes that have sadly dimmed in this daily grind; the only real positive I can find right now is that my own Manager is a decent boss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.