Humana Employee Reviews

Found 2,227 reviews matching the search
Great people and company with room to grow!
Health Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 2, 2017
The Humana company is a great place to work with great people who make you feel supported and understood. Even though I worked telephonically with my members and virtually with my co-workers and supervisor, they made it fun and easy to communicate with use of phones, chat rooms, IM system and even face to face gatherings with each other.
Pros
knowledgeable supervisors, great positions, great pay, generous PTO allowance, and 6% 401 K match, they provide adoption assistance and family leave for the birth/adoption of child.
Cons
sitting at a desk for 8 hours, not being face to face daily with co-workers, changes in policy and procedures frequently
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 2, 2017
Humana is a great company to work for. There friendly very flexible depending what department your working in. Humana is a wonderful company for growth.
Great Experience
American Red Cross Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 2, 2017
Wonderful group of people to work with. Being a volunteer at BJACH was a constant learning experience. Staff would always strive to please the active duty member and their family members 100%. Very personable and manager/supervisors were top notch.
Pros
Friendly staff, low wait times, big office
Cons
Located inside the hospital
nice place to work
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2017
my day starts out by checking in the patient to make sure all patients insurance are eligibility for visit and making sure the patients paperwork is up to date
Pros
being at font deak and meeting people
Cons
missing the patients
Miss working there
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIFebruary 1, 2017
I didn't realize when I worked there how great it was. I miss my co-workers and the benefits most of all. Members were the best to talk to.
Productive , alot of mutllti-tasking
Customer service specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Working for humana has been a great experience. Very great company. Diverse management. The company cares about the wellbeing of their employers. They are expanding work at home jobs.
Pros
Great company, very diverse, work at home
Cons
Stressful, management
Great work life balance
Cares Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Gives you the opportunity to work from home, ear health point for gifts, job is mainly telephonic, great work life balance, awesome coach.
Pros
work from home
Cons
downsizing
sales
Sales/Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2017
• Ability to perform cost/plan analysis and provide callers with an insurance recommendation that is best suited for their individual needs and is consistent with product/plan benefits.
Medicare Stars Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 31, 2017
Humana was a great place to work. Work/life culture is very important to leadership. They were very good about letting people with children work around personal needs.
Productive Medicare Sales Office
Senior Telesales Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 30, 2017
Great !! overall great place to work! Been there many years !! My individual experiences have been positive and well executed!
Pros
Teamwork environment
Cons
Micro magnement
Really great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 29, 2017
I really great company to work for I've been here for 3 and half years and this has been a wonderful 3years unfortunately I think it's time I take my talents some where else I should be paid more
Great work place for autonomy
Field Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 29, 2017
Humana is a great place to work, supportive of their employees and gives chance to focus on health of not only ourselves but our members as well. Human is interested in investing in their employees
N/a
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 27, 2017
I think that this is a good place to work to get an understanding of insurance and how it works. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work and providing excellent customer service.
Great Opportunity
Cares Manager (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJanuary 27, 2017
This position allow nurses to practice education while learning to be self-driven and motivated. Most of all, it allows nurses to establish relationships with patients and Humana offers many opportunities for wellness.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 27, 2017
Good place to work, supervisors very friendly, easy to talk to, has a gym inside there facility, cafeteria is convenient and affordable, all around great place
Health insurance
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2017
If you love working in health insurance, you will love working at Humana. Great family environment. You learn a great deal about Medicare and how it changes daily.
excellent place to work
Limited Term Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 26, 2017
Excellent company to work for. I was sad to have been let go. The training was very extensive and helpful. Also, the existing employees were quick to help when needed.
very professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2017
there is a chance for professional growth and advancement
the management is very supportive as long as they see you are willing to learn and work
they are very strict on attendance
Pros
great pay
Cons
can be stressful and hectic
Fun , Friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 25, 2017
It was a great place to work people are friendly and kind. Management was excellent , the most enjoyable part about working here were the customers i always like helping people.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Customer Care Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day at Humana Insurnace company is really like learning somethng new every day. Its also gives you the opportunity to meet the members face to face and watch the expressions of anger and sadness turn to excitement. Management at Humana are fair but can sometimes be right to the point which can make them standoffish but they are just trying to get the job done the best they can. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what happens to the member once that call ends .

The most enjoyable part of my job is when i get to go out in the field and meet the members face to face. It gives me a better understanding and empathy for the member when I do have to take a call.
Pros
gym at work
Cons
short breaks / 1/2 hour lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.