Humana

1.1K reviews

Humana Employee Reviews

Found 1,120 reviews matching the search
A great bunch of employees
Provider Master File Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2015
I love working at Humana, If it wasn't for me being lay off I think I would still be there. Humana is located right downtown.
Pros
nice company
Cons
n/a
Humana
Sr. Production (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 5, 2015
working on open enrollment changing and updating Medicare plans. Working with computer software and system verifying the different types of codes; if the person is staying with humana or leaving or even if they have died.
great work environment.
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 5, 2015
I loved the externship opportunity at Humana. The hours were great it was m-thurs 10 hour days. Management was superb and very likeable.
Best for Benefits, not for work
IE & E-Rx Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 3, 2015
Company over all approach for employee is very good and spending good amounts of money for the welfare program and other way company is encouraging workers for better results but the system I worked for IE ( OE ) and E-Rx was not good. Personal opinion
Very good place to work. Very health conscious. Provide training and is a pleasant place to work and they have good benefits
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLNovember 2, 2015
Clinical Appeals Processor
Clinical Appeals Processor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2015
very clique enviroment if you don't belong to the group there really is no advancement, it's all in who you know in order to possibly advance within the company
Pros
work at home opportunities, college funding, great insurance
Cons
demeaning enviroment
What I learned
Customer Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 31, 2015
Working for Humana was both a learning and growth opportunity.
They provide excellent opportunities for self development and growth.
The Insurance industry is a difficult environment to be in now and Humana was very supportive of helping Associates grow.
I enjoyed the 30 years working for them. Because of the difficult environment my position was downsized and I took early retirement.
Pros
I had excellent and supportive Management.
Cons
Long hours, short staff
Terrible work environment. Poor management
Data Analyst, Medicare Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 27, 2015
Long hours with no job security or opportunity for advancement. Very poor management style. Employees are treated like children. An abundance of wasteful meetings. Age discrimination.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Everything else.
no advancement
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 26, 2015
unpleasant. FAvortism is played but there is a good employee employer relationship gained with seniority. Decent company non the less
Analytical
QA Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 26, 2015
Its a very Reputed company to work with. Has a very large team to work with. Not the typical job settings. Projects are very fun to work with. Great Management.
Pros
Easy work, Friendly Team
Cons
Productive envoimental with good work/life balance
Region Consultant, Sr. Product Development (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 26, 2015
Humana is a big organization with multiple departments. All departments contribute to the goal of the organization and focus on the well being of both their external and internal customers.
My day to day activities are always changing based on the needs of the customers and the time of year. With this our team of coworkers work very close together and help each other when needed.
Agent /Broker in a rural area
Sales agent assisting Medicare/ Medicaid eligible (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 25, 2015
Yakima is an under represented rural area with little to no resources from Humana, the challenge is to get to most if not all Medicare eligible to provide information regarding their Medicare benefits.

I schedule in home appoints , meet with Providers, non profits and community outreach resources.

Little to no Management so self motivation is essential, reach out to co-workers for ideas and assistance if needed,

Best part of my job is the interaction with people and the satisfaction that I can help assist those with needs to get the and information they need.
Pros
Face to face interaction with people.
Cons
Lack of resources.
For Profit Experience
Utilization Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 25, 2015
If anyone had told me 10 years ago that I would be employed at an insurance company or health maintenance organization, I would laughed and walked away. And yet, I am. Coming from an atmosphere of providing direct face-to-face community services to telephonic, was a major hurdle for me. But with practice and support from peers and front-line lead (FLL) personnel, I have become proficient in this area. Due to computer access and needing to track member information and facility determination, I have been brought "kicking and screaming" into the 21st century. It was difficult in the beginning to make this adjustment, but the reward, both financial and personal, have been worth the effort.
Pros
Computer literacy and professional rapport with hospitals and SNF's.
Cons
Mergers and acquistions
Unproffessional Management and Staff
Billing Coordinator / Cash Management (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2015
There is a lot of harassment that takes place there where women is being treated as meat and they are ask to sleep with management in order for you to be promoted. This may not be all management but there is a lot that does this....Humana Corporate and HR is aware and does nothing when you file a complaint nothing is done...And it is suppose to be private to disclose but is done publicly to the point you are no longer comfortable working there because they start to harass you more,
Pros
Cons
Unhealthy working environment.
Nice Coworkers but lack of job growth and advancement opportunity
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  WIOctober 22, 2015
You will learn a lot and stay very busy however projects are very poorly managed, systems are horribly outdated and you will have no work/life balance. No opportunity for advancement in terms of senior business analyst etc.
Pros
W @ H options
Cons
no work/life balance
Great company to work for!
Pharmacy Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2015
I had the greatest leader which motivated me daily to work passionately towards my goal. Very supportive team! I recommend this employer if you want to answer your calling in life
10 year tenured
Grievance & Appeals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 21, 2015
a typical day consists of assisting clients in getting the best coverage possible from their healthcare provider. In my position I make sure the right benefit and coverage has been applied. if it hasn't, I adjust to make it right.
Average place to work
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2015
At humana career growth is pretty slow compared to other company out there. The work environment is friendly and easy to deal with. There's alot of red tape so to get simple things done you need to involve lot of different groups. It waste lot of time just getting approvals to make minor changes.
Productive and Fun
Project lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville KYOctober 20, 2015
I am working in Syntel private limited at Humana Client location.

I am working in service fund module which plays main role of capitation, claim expense and payments to provider.

I have faced multiple challenges in this project and learned how to work in critical situations.
Pros
Good co-ordination in team.
Cons
Iteration ratio is more due lack of employee satisfaction.
Great compensation and benefits
Dual Eligibility Outreach Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 18, 2015
I enjoyed working for Humana because they offer great competitive pay and benefits such as health, PTO, and 401K. I learned more about the Healthcare field
Cons
administration