Humana

Humana Employer Reviews

Customer service rep
Customer Service Care Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 9, 2014
At Humana, I was delivering value and quality, providing guidance on their needs, and actively engaging with our members through every step of their road to wellness. As an associate I provided Perfect Service every day to our members, employers, providers and colleagues. As a Customer Care Specialist I responded directly to questions and provide guidance – more... on transactions, inquires, or complaints from consumers. Educate customers, providers and employers about Humana’s products and services both. I receive, document and resolve customer inquiries by using established best practices so the member had perfect service and guidance. – less
Sales of Medicare products was primary focus
Career Agent - Medicare Sales (Former Employee), ArkansasJune 7, 2014
Pros: maret-share was high, well known label, good pricie focus but only on what they want you to sell. otherwise not competitive.
Cons: micro management, gps tracking of vehicle, calls and time
Humana was a great place to learn and understand the federal guidelines for Medicare advantage put is no place for a seasoned agent to work. They are heavy in Micro-Awhereness previously known as "MIcro Management" and do not like for employees to have much input. I enjoyed my position there when left alone to make sales and was the top agent in the – more... state my first year there.The time needed to service existing client is important and it was difficult with the marketing load they placed on you. The maintenance side of their philosophy is unrealistic for someone seasoned as an agent with a client base. The sales people there were good people and I made some good friends – less
Progressive Values-based Compnay
Sr. Medicare Analyst/ Learning Facilitator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 4, 2014
Humana is a good company for those looking to climb the corporate latter and retire.
Staff in Chicago were some of the best that I've ever worked with.
Large Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management instability
Management had high turnover. The staff was talented and hard-working.
Purpose, prioritize, and productivity.
Account Concierge Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJune 1, 2014
Operated in a relaxed work environment, while deadlines are in place for timely devilry of resolution results-
Horrible Company
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 28, 2014
LEARNED GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS,LEARNED ALOT ABOUT MEDICARE
N/A
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), DePere, WIMay 28, 2014
Any and all things that were performed on a daily basis are confidential to Humana
Had to travel an average of 100 to 300 miles a day
Sales Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: terrible customer service
We were told we didn't have to work weekends but of course we were also told that working weekends would be better for us.
So typical day was calling by phone to get managements views on how sales were going.
Had to go to office at least once a week for team mtg. and two or more times a month for agent of day.
What I learned was that the top priority – more... was sell, sell, sell !!!
My first manager was a top notch person; demanding but reasonable.
Second manager was young but very sophisticated but somewhat aloof.
Third manager was all of the above plus very approachable and interested in us as sales agents and as individuals. – less
Humana Insurance
Bilingual Customer Care Rep. (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 20, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Humana - April 2008 - July 2013 (Bilingual Customer Care Rep. /RightSource RX /Medicare Rewards & OTC Customer Service)
• Customer Care - High volume call center, Humana Medicare and private insurance, prescription refills, claim verifying and price quotes for prescriptions and diabetic supplies.
• Relationship building - Promoting and educating members – more... of self service options, offering additional benefits on their insurance plans, offering refills on available prescriptions, and submitting Medicare rewards available for each member.
• Conflict resolution - Assisted on supervisor calls and call backs, for both Spanish and English customers, problem resolution and customer service to achieve member satisfaction.
• Record keeping -Updated accounts such as credit cards, addresses, phone numbers and emails. Updated members prescription accounts, such as MD changes and a medication allergies.
• Assisted management with interviewing and evaluating potential Bilingual Employees.
• Trained new employees
• Handled high call volume from Puerto Rico Medicare members (Verbal and electronic communication)
Proficient in Microsoft office, Excel, Internet average of 50-60 WPM
Won 3 awards for Employee of the month, STAR Award for helping my team in new updates and changes, Acknowledgement certificate for high call resolution and low handle time from FLL Drew S. – less
Work travel
Quality Nurse Consultant (Current Employee), Alpharetta GeorgiaMay 19, 2014
Pros: adjusting quickly to meet client demands
Cons: 100% road travel weekly
Traveled throughout the United States educating hospital clinical staff and provider office staff on Electronic Health Record.
productive and fun workplace
otc (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2014
the best part of the job were the people i worked with and i enjoyed it.
Workplace
CPU Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 19, 2014
Enjoyed Job Environment and people.. Very organized great company to work for with many perks and benefits
Not the best Managers
Learning Consultant (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 19, 2014
Pros: great salaries, lots of opportunities
Cons: not great healthcare benefit
They try to hire from within which is great because there is a lot of opportunity. However there is not enough training given to those that manager and they often burned out or their entire team suffers until the manager learns to manage.
Already rated this job
Billing and Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 19, 2014
Pros: team outings
Cons: already rated
Was a great place to work, nice atmosphere, great group of people. Already put many details in other description prior to this regarding the same job
Under Construction
Clinical Review Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 18, 2014
The department that I was in HCPR is still finding its way. The department is understaffed and over worked. Seasonal employees are hired, but not enough to man the forecasted work.
Very good company to work for.
Agent Support Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 17, 2014
Pros: hours, activities, food
Co workers, and management was nice, and very helpful. They always had different potlucks, and activities to keep you involved.
Nice place to work and help soldier
TSR I, TRICARE Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXMay 15, 2014
Pros: helping
Cons: sometimes not being able to give whats needed
learned to help soldiers and their families with all kinds of TRICARE issues
medical front office
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee), HAMPTON ,VAMay 15, 2014
I HAVE BEEN WORKING AT FRONT OFFICE , WITH BILLING AND CODEING . AND ALSO MEDICAL CHARTS .AND TRAIGE
The communication between co-workers assist with making job performance smooth.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), LouisvilleMay 13, 2014
Pros: freedom to work whenever. ie @ home or office
Cons: difficult to advance.
As a specialist, I enjoy helping people with issues to ensure peace of mind. I respond to phone calls and emails throughout the day regarding a variety of issues. I sort and distribute mail daily. Update and correspond via emails, phone calls, faxes, IM's, etc.
I have learned to look at the underlying issue and get to the root of the issue in a timely – more... manner that saves time and allows task to be completed to create the perfect customer experience. the hardest part of my job is delivering bad news when you can not assist a person in need. I have learned to deliver bad news with a smile that is exceptable to the customer. There are two areas I most enjoyable about me job. 1. Helping others 2. My co-workers. – less

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more