Humana

Humana Employee Reviews

Coworkers are very friendly and helpful.
Appointment Clerk (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Short breaks and Health care
Military medical call center enviroment. Steady call flow. My coworkers are awesome. I've learned to be more attentive to my patients needs. Hardest part of the job is the constent medical changes. The most enjoyable part about my job is my teamates.
No room for advancement
Front Office Lead (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 27, 2015
This company does not advance pre-existing employees and then hires management with less knowledge and no experience . The pay is horrible for the amount of jobs you must do , and the company is so understaff it causes their good workers to become burnt out .
great Job
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), las vegasMay 26, 2015
very nice place to work with good team spirit and leadership. Also the job was very rewarding being that I was able to assist customers with their needs
Large corporation and has all the elements of a gov workplace. Highly structured and driven by consultants.
Program/Project Manager (Current Employee), Louisville KyMay 25, 2015
This could be a fit for some people. There is little room adapting to ones strengths. There is little team work because the teams are temporary or are offshore.
Review daily approach
Medical Underwriter (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 24, 2015
Reviewed medical applications, spoke with agents and sales representatives on their group rates. Most difficult part of position is inability to pursue projects and reduce rates. Most enjoyable part of position approving a groups medical coverage with acceptable rates.
Enriching and employee-focused work environment
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 22, 2015
Humana is an excellent company to work for! Excellent work environment, culture, employee is valued.
Enriching and employee-focused work environment
Productive and self motivatingenvironment
Humana Cares Manager, RN (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 21, 2015
Pros: Self management of my time and skills was utilized successfully
Cons: Working from home, I tended to work longer hours than I would have from an office
In charge of my own personal roster of clients. Self monitoring in time management and job performance Great opportunity to advance my computer skills, as well as great utilization of my medical skills to help clients maintain and monitor their own healthcare needs. Fortunate to work with good management assistance and helpful coworkers while working from my own home. Hardest part of the job was adapting to working from home, using only telephonic skills to build a relationship with management, coworkers and clients. It was rewarding to grow in this job.
Fun
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 21, 2015
Pros: alot of overtime, good money
Cons: no advacement
I really enjoyed working there, co workers were wonderful, my teammates were wonderful as well. I love the fact that we got unlimited overtime during AEP, so all that extra money was going straight to the bank. I love the fact that there was free food and what not
Productive workplace
Call Center Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Killeen, TXMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work I would receive about 100 phone calls or more. I learned about the Humana Insurance, answer phone calls in a fast productive manner, and how call centers work.
A difficult place to work.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), louisville, kyMay 18, 2015
Pros: Working with the military.
Cons: Location.
Very stressful high paced. Very rewarding working for our military. No respect for senority. No back up from management. No chance to interact with coworkers because of the cubical setting.
Productive and professional workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Killeen, TXMay 18, 2015
On long days theirs coffee prepared to wake you up.

I learned more about Health insurance and what can and cannot be used.

The managers are very laid back as long as you are doing your job.

The hardest part of the job is the customers but as long as you keep a level head you will be fine.
Great Starter Job
Account Advisor- Toyota (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free flowing work schedule
Cons: Busy travel schedule hard to advance in the business .
It is a fluid work environment.
Great for young professionals to get a foot in the door.
Mangament is flexible and easy to get a hold of.
I have learned marketing, management, leadership, and interpersonal relationship skills to prepare me for advancement.
very busy, no non-sence, inbound outbound call center
Enroll Seniors in Medicare Plans (Former Employee), 14450 46th St N Ste 105, Clearwater FL 33762May 17, 2015
Pros: Good Pay, excellently trained mentors and supervisors.
Cons: no job security, no training on computer systems and only loyal to their established producing agents.
I liked this job. I love helping people and this is particularly one of my forte's as I have a long case management career in customer service before getting into healthcare insurance telesales. This job was not directly with Humana. It was an FMO or outsourcing company. We had 20 plus companies we represented with Humana being the biggest. Like all other primarily medicare tele-agent companies, it was just temporary work during AEP ( Annual Open Enrollment) For medicare. The people were very friendly and the supervisor's very helpful and professional. The longevity is the key complaint i have. I started on the floor with no computer platform training related to the 20 plus companies we represented. The way we tracked our prospective customer call backs was cumbersome and difficult to use. I started knowing nothing but product knowledge on an unfamiliar computer system on the first day of open enrollment for medicare! I was just beginning to make my learning curve when AEP concluded. They hire agents in mass in anticipation of this 6 week period each year. Usually only the longtime employees that have worked there many years are kept. The went from 2 different shifts (every other day) of around 60 agents (120 total) down to 25 total agents after AEP was over.
Work
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: Having a job that can lead to a career
Cons: Due to it was limit terms
A typical work days was always the same. Everything went smoothe. I enjoyed the work environment. When first got out of training my peers was always willing to help if needed any.
Productive and Fun Woking Place
Finance Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2015
Loved Humana in was very educational and great people. My day consisted of constant focus and learning. I learned several analytical skills and developed my technical skills to an advanced level. Employees are extremely intelligent and hard working. Would recommend this company to anyone in the Finance Analyst Field
Competetive Workplace Environment
Claims Service Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great hours
Cons: Downtown Parking
Excellent training, great work atmosphere-I loved the hours. Competetive workplace environment with advancement opportunities
Excellent for choosing your own schedule
Case Management Trusted Nurse Staffing (Former Employee), Evansville, IndianaMay 10, 2015
Ability to work and maintain your own hours and complete paperwork from the comfort of your own home. Pay based on visits not hourly
Humana is a good stable employer
Production Control Supervisor / Special Projects (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 8, 2015
Humana is a good stable employer, but there is a great deal of promotion of unqualified associates and little to no accountability.
Good company with room for advancement
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 7, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: flexible work-life balance is lacking in some departments
I learned many of my technical skills from Humana. I learned how my job is not an island and how what I do affects a company. I also learned about successful networking and how the corporate culture is changing in some ways. All in all, I have enjoyed my time at Humana.
Humana
Healthcare Referral Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: Hours of operation.
Cons: sometime the noise level because of the close proximity of the seating arrangements.]
I am grateful to be part of a caring organization. I provide excellent customer service to the gerontology population. I enjoy making sure that they are receiving the best care and service we have to offer them as a referral healthcare specialist. I ensure that all their inquiry are answered in a timely fashion. I enjoy serving and being a great resource tool for each member that I speak with on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job is when I am unable to reach a member to enrolled them in the wonderful service that we have that would meet their everyday needs.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more

Humana Salaries