Humana

Humana Employer Reviews

AN EXCELLENT COMPANY TO HAVE WORKED FOR.
MTF-Appointing Services Clerk Administrator (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJuly 11, 2014
Pros: an excellent company and leaders
Cons: na
Primary Trainer
• Handpicked by management to serve as the Primary Trainer and supervisor exercising responsibility for conducting all training for newly hired personnel and refresher training.
loved it here!
Clinical Intake Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: job advancement opportunities
Cons: some outsourcing
I absolutely loved my job at Humana, they really care about their people and do everything they can to help each person succeed.
Productive Day
RightSource Member Services (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 8, 2014
I enjoyed helping people get their medications and seeing them happy.
productive and fun workplace
Supplier Diversity Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2014
Good place to work. leadership support. team environment and support present.
Interesting workplace and demanding work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), McGregor, TXJuly 7, 2014
The people there are awesome. There are some issues with obtaining benefits, and the training system is a bit overwhelming, but the work is wonderful. The company is a great place to work for and has an incredible work culture.
Structured
Administrative Operations Support-Receptionist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: too sterile in structure
Humana is a company that was well structured, allowed no room for failure and was completely sterile in its functions

They had a great cafeteria or its employees
Good company, bad fit
Medicare Risk Adjustment Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2014
Humana has been around for a long time so I am sure it is a good company. However it was a bad fit for me. The job was mindless and boring. Would not ever try to work there again
Humana
Dispensing (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 4, 2014
A great company to work for. A bit hard to get in to at first but when you do enjoy.
Humana a Productive and Fun Place to work
Sr. Medicare Risk Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2014
Pros: compensation
A typical day at work would consist of speaking and greeting co-workers before starting work on the phones. Working in Medicare Risk Adjustment I learned how to work with the elderly population, as well as Humana members that were on disability and social security. I learned how to assist financially needy members with programs provided by Medicare – more... and Medicaid, local programs in their state that would help them with meals, medical, and fitness programs. The hardest part of my job was denying members for financial help. Sometimes the members were over by a penny but, I had to adhere to Medicare and Medicaid guidelines. I enjoyed my co-workers, and helping members that were not very trusting of giving out their personal information over the phone due to so many scams that target seniors or the disadvantaged. It was a joy to earn their trust, and follow the member through any process 100%. I took pride in going out of my way to help a member, or getting them to the correct person that could help them if I was unable to. – less
Great co-workers with many opportunities for advancement
Billing Specialist (start) to Consultant (end) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits, opportunities for career advancement and training
Cons: large organization with corporate culture
Humana's greatest asset are the people! The sheer size of the organization makes the company a great workplace for an employee who desires opportunities for career advancement.
Horrible Management
Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaJuly 2, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: management, lack of professionalism
I worked for Humana on the Direct Marketing Sales team. I was great at my job and promoted a fun work environment. I was always there for my teammates and worked above and beyond my specific role.
From December 2013 to May 2014, I had 4 huge life events that were causing me to be absent from work often. I was upfront with my supervisor and my manager. – more... After having to miss one more day simply because my daughter had a 102 fever, I was terminated.
They don't take into consideration that you do have a life outside of Humana. If you have no family, then this is a great place for you. If you enjoy being used negatively for the betterment of the company, go for it. I wouldn't recommend working for Humana unless you're one of those two. Or perhaps if you have a child who never gets sick and family members who never die...that should cover it. – less
Good Experience working there
Test Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2014
Pros: not any
Cons: not any
• Analyze applications needs on their groups
• Built the referential integrity (RI) with all constraints
• Mask all the PHI columns in ILM
• Built the mappings in Power center by using transformations like joiner, Expression, Lookup etc.
• Create Data Masking for PHI fields in ILM
• Generate workflows and execute the workflows
• Verify the results in – more... target for correctness
• Troubleshooting the issues – less
Medicare billing specialist
Medicare Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new processes, and tackling new assignments.
Schneider
Agency Management Commissions Specialist (Former Employee), De Pere, WIJuly 1, 2014
Great people to work with, I had a lot of fun working there. Working holidays, nights and weekends get old.
Productive fun learning environment
Humana Clinical Pharmacy Review Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe ArizonaJune 30, 2014
Pros: diversity, over time offered
Working with Humana was a great experience for me I learned so much medical terminology with them. The people I worked with were very supportive I felt like I was a part of a team/family. The hardest part about working there was understanding the system it takes time and practice.
professional and busy call center atmosphere
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 30, 2014
Inbound and outbound calls to assist in submission of tax forms
Working for Humana
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJune 27, 2014
Pros: great quality, loved the environment, great aht.
Took inbound and outbound customer service calls for customer's who would need to order they're pharmacy medications via the mail. I had great quality, AHT (Average Handle Time), and was an all around all star player. I had to relocate a great distance and currently am looking for similar work immediately. Co workers at Humana were awesome, management – more... was even better surprisingly. The hardest part of the job was too obtain 95% or above quality, but too be honest, that was also the funnest part. I worked there for over 2 years, so I obviously had no problem there. – less
Good workplace to be at.
Project Lead (Current Employee), Louisville,KYJune 26, 2014
Pros: team management
Cons: non
Good work place.
Could acquire good knowledge.
Good Management.
Team spirit is good among co-workers.
good place to gain skill sets in the field
Claims Pharmacy Billing and Enrollment Service Rep (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 25, 2014
Pros: great place to meet great people
Cons: the unflexible work schedule
my review basically is coming to work signing on and taking calls daily from members providers ect i did learn a lot of great things out there
Horrible Management
Auditing Coder Specialist (Former Employee), RemoteJune 24, 2014
Pros: loved the actual job
Cons: supervisor, no structure, high stress
Management has no idea what they are doing, but expect you to. Very terrible training! Spent more time running her personal errands then learning the system & the job.
Once you are in your workplace you a required to know your job with constant changes that are not explained to you. You are watched like a hawk & harassed even more. Gulf South is the – more... worst area to work for. You have a bipolar micromanager supervisor!
Humana will stand behind the supervisors and not the employee. They have a huge turn over rate & cannot keep anyone because of her! – less

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more