Humana

Humana United States Employee Reviews

Always striving for improvement
RN (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 1, 2015
Pros: flexibility
A typical day at work starts with a morning touch base meeting with management staff. We go through all the stats and any important updates and then take a few minutes to just visit with each other on a personal level. My co-workers are people that I have become good friends with. The hardest part of the job is having to coach staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping my staff to become successful.
Clinical Innovations Project Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: providing members with the best possible resources
Cons: sometimes its hard to move into different areas of humana
I still currently at Humana it is a great place to work with the opportunity for advancement. I definitely would recommend people to work here and network with as many departments as possible.
Wonderful Company
Initial Claims Specialist (Current Employee), LouisvilleFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: innovative
Cons: healthcare benefits
Humana is a very innovative company to work for. The only downside would be the benefits. Also it is hard to break away from certain job title once you are ready to further your career.
Great people made a great work environment..
Work Content Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Been with the company for over 6 years, in this time I was able to create longlasting relationship. I was able to excel within the company. I've been awarded for my hard work and dedication.A good place to work.
Resuts oriented with Well-Being incorporated into each day
Frontline Leader - Enrollment Services (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: cafe' on-site, many work-at-home positions
Cons: so many different systems.
Humana is concerned not only with the Wellness/Well-Being of the consumers, but of the employees as well.

If the associates of any company is healthy, physically, mentally, spiritually, financially and feel secure in their lives then there is more productivity and less loss of unscheduled time off. This is a win/win for all involved.
Great atmosphere
Group Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: daily challenge
Cons: uncertainty and insability of positon
operated multiple computer programs at once
management was helpful and supportive
team members were always uplifting
A typical workday for me
Customer Care Represenative (Current Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: speaking with a large demographic of members
Cons: boiler room office atmosphere
A typical day at work consisted of incoming calls from members enrolled in the Medicare part D plan, or Medicare replacement plan. Responsible for the processing of member refill request, ensuring accurate demographic information was obtained from member, also ensuring to advised member of any open balances as well as the copay for the current orders placed.
Great place to work .
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), Lombard, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: holidays and reqeusted time off was never a hassle.
Cons: organization relocating to plano tx.
Nothing negative to say. Good place to work. Team- members were very helpful. Needed a day off or time off it was never a hassle with advanced notice. Negative part is that we are losing our jobs.
Good Place to wrok
SQL Server DBA (Current Employee), KYFebruary 19, 2015
Its a good place to work, Clients are very good co-operative. Work Culture is not balancing with personal life style. Good leaning experience, scope of learning is very good.
Good Place to wrok
SQL Server DBA (Current Employee), KYFebruary 19, 2015
Great Place to work
Case Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: downtown
Great place to work. The atmosphere was wonderful. The benefits were great. Great people and I learned so much. The knowledge from the managers were off the charts.
Stressful environment and lots of micro-managing
RightSource Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Las Colinas, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: provide quailty member service
Cons: poor training classes
Micro-managing the staff started at the supervisor level and went up from there. A typical day at work would be to login to the system and pray that the system would stay online. Supervisors don't know how to properly communicate with the associates when a problem arises. Supervisors were not making themselves available when a member requested to speak with one of them. The hardest part of the jobs is as follows: consistent system issues, micro-managing, and poor communication.
The most enjoyable part of this job is providing quailty member service.
Most of the co-workers are frustrated, rude to the members, and unprofessional.
great people
Direct Marketing Telesales (Current Employee), Tampa FLFebruary 18, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is education consumers regarding available options in their area. Once I meet the consumer needs based on their response it makes me feel very productive.
Is very employee based
Medicare Enrollment LTE/VSP Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2015
The other employees and upper management are very caring for each other and provides the safe and caring work environment.
Run from this company as fast as you can
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Dallas TX functioning under Senior BridgeFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: excellant scheduler
Cons: too many to list
Poor management, poor compensation. Hostile work environment due to no understanding of what is involved in development of Oasis as related to time in and completion.
Incompetent DON who functions in name only.
N/A
Pharmacy Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 17, 2015
working their is always a good day. every day is like a breeze in the park. nothing is ever too hard. training is very well done. I think everyone would enjoy working there. they protect everyone that works there.
Humana Life
Service Fund Contract Load Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: work hours, atmosphere, coworkers
Cons: not enough interactons with the providers
Humana is a great place to work. The atmosphere is welcoming and the people are great to work with. I start my mornings by reviewing the previous day's inventory and creating reports for the upcoming work day. This Report gives the Specialist an overview of what's out there and used as a guide to help prioritize what needs to be completed first. I have learned how to become a leader, even though I am already self-motivated. Honestly, I really can not say there is a hard part about the job because it doesn't feel like a job at job most of the time. I enjoy being a part of the success, making sure Providers are loaded into he systems where members can select them for their needs.
serving the military.
Central Beneficiary Service Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: working from home.
helping military w/health coverage, answering there questions, have a great group of coworkers and managers, always willing to help out in any way. the most enjoyable part of my job is the sastification of helping the men and woman that fight for us everyday.
Good Company Overall
IT Business Consultant, Business Intelligence (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: bright, nice people!
Cons: even the seemingly simplest things, are very complex. welcome to healthcare.
It depends greatly on what department you are in and the management culture your leadership believes in, theory X or theory Y. Most are in between.
SQL BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
SQL BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS) (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2015
• Key role in team of 4 in brining 2005 SQL database environment to SQL 2008R2 by migrating, converting and re-writing DTS packages and updating them to SSIS packages.
• Extensively worked on Data Flow tasks like Foreach Loop Container, Execute process task, Transfer SQL Server Objects task, Transfer Jobs task, Transfer Logins task.
• Worked with SSIS packages involved FTP tasks, Fuzzy Grouping, Merge, and Merge joining, Pivot and Unpivot Control Flow Transformations.
• Used SQL Server Package Configuration technique to make Dynamic configurations.
• Used Text Files/ SQL Server Logging for all SSIS packages.
• Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Created On demand (Pull) and Event Based delivery (Push) of reports according to the requirement.
• Deployed and configured the reports in the Report Server.
• Extracted Data from various Heterogeneous Databases such as Oracle and Access database, DB2, flat files to SQL server 2008R2 using SSIS.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more

Humana Salaries