Humana

Humana Employer Reviews

fun workplace nice people
Clinical Advisor RN (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: drove 2 hrs everyday to work
fast pace nice environment met great people had a nice manager enjoyed working there
Humana is a great company to work with
Telesales Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2014
We learned many skills and techniques on selling to the customers and building rapport.
fun work place
Medicare New Enrollment Pends Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 29, 2014
I LO VE MY JOB ATHUMANA LOVED THE PEOPLE I WORKED WITH AND THE MANGERS I HAD . THE WORST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN THE ASSIGNMENT ENDED
Humana is dedicated to providing employees with the tools and development they need to succeed
Learning Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2014
Humana provides a wonderful work environment. The company is on a great trajectory to make a difference in the health insurance industry through providing innovative programs that help individuals and employers become healthier and reduce premium costs.
Trained Employees extensively
Healthcare Reform Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: mismanaged company
A typical Day at work was either studying and preparing for the very busy time to come. Once Open Enrollment was here, which is our busiest time of the year, you are left to your own devices. It's a sink or swim job. I believe that is the hardest part of the job, is that you cannot get questions answered when you need them. If you are like myself, you use as many resources that are made available to you and I learned not to rely on others for answers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the "at-ease" feeling you know the client on the other end feels when you know you have helped them and they feel relieved.
Deplorable
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 26, 2014
Pros: no longer there
Cons: not for everyone
The only good experience was the benefits and free garage parking otherwise wouldn't recommend this company to ANYONE. At times felt the training didn't cover the subject matter customers were asking and some management seemed bothered by questions asked
Job Culture Great, Outside Home Office Job Not All That Great!
CSR (Current Employee), TexasDecember 23, 2014
Pros: learning, knowledge, people, helping
Cons: pay, no bonuses, no benefits, bad management
Humana One is always striving to be better and have come a long ways since last years open enrollment. All the reviews I am always seeing with the job being great is the main Humana locations, not the call centers where agents are being paid less to do so much. The greatest part of my job is trying to help people as much as I can with the training I recieved. The bad part is you are trained to do more with no raise and no bonus. I went from billing and enrollment to benefits and claims; working twice my workload for the same pay rate. Unlike Humana employees, we do not get the benefits they do because they are our call center's client. Supervisors at first had no knowledge until finally they were replaced with agents who knew the job. Still there are those that do not care and know nothing about the company and how things work. Humana's culture is the only thing I can rave about and how they are advancing and continue to advance to make life easier and better for the customer. If you want training in healthcare and love interacting with people and feeling part of something grand then give it a try. If it is money make sure you have another job as well or find something higher pay with more advancement opportunities and bonuses.
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 18, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Adecco. It's a great company to work for. Great software training programs
Medical Record Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2014
I like the work I did for this company and I have no review for this company
Account Installation Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 18, 2014
I am only a Variable Staffing Pool specialist which means I only can work up to 6 months. It would be better if I was full time.
Great organization that strives for diversity
Operations Consultant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 18, 2014
I've enjoyed my time with Humana. The company has made tremendous strides in diversity. They also continue to try to open themselves up to the world of mobile technology, though we seem to falter on occasion. My typical working days often involved several meetings, some face-to-face, but more often than not, over the telephone in conference style calls. I'm lucky enough that I can work at home full time and find that Humana as an organization supports me pretty well. The thing I've enjoyed most about Humana was the ability to collaborate with others and become part or lead multifaceted teams throughout the organization. It's a true 'thrive together' spirit.
Very fast paced with great morall. Friendly staff and helpful managment
Agent Support Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 11, 2014
Pros: we had a gym on site and humana promotes well bing .
Cons: nothing bad to say it is a fabulous place to work
My typical days were to take calls from agents and research information they requested. I learned a lot of patients and knowledge of the medicate advantage policy's . my co-workers were amazing and so were all the management. the hardest part of out job was the were before open enrollment ended. we worked ten hour days. the most enjoyable was defiantly the way Humana keeps moral up, and the way they care about their employs
Stable company
Project Analyst (Former Employee), Miramar, FLDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: benefits
Humana is a good company to work for. If you have the right manager, and remain dedicated, you will enjoy a stable career. During my time with the company I had no complaints about the management. My particular job was not challenging but it was enough to keep me busy.
Humana Pharmacy Solutions (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits, casual atomospher
Cons: affordable care act has led to many reorganizatins and downsizing.
Typical day could have you receiving 100 to 200 emails with an average of 2 hours of meetings. Great experience with learning medical, dental, life and wellness products. Great co-workers. Like any big company some managers are great others are not. Flexible hours. Good fitness and wellness benefits.
Typical day at work
Order Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Springdale, OHDecember 10, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: horrible health insurance for there employees, long hours
Typical day at work: Data Entry- Verifying and processing patient information for Humana/RightSourceRX members to fulfill patients
Prescriptions, per their doctor’s request via fax and mail orders, in Quick Key and OEP through Fairfax System.
Typing letters to patients when orders are unable to be filled at that time via CCP2 (Customer Care Portal 2).
Placing OTC’s (Over the Counter) orders for patients who mail in there order forms.
Love helping my clients
Strong negotiator, liaison, and problem solver (Current Employee), OshkoshDecember 9, 2014
with their medicare needs. Medicare Supplement, Advantage Plan, and Prescription Drug Plan expert. AHIP certified 2011-2014. Customer service after the sale, resolve billing issues, and orientate the customer on how to get the most out of their Humana Advantage Plan. Follow-up with the customer after the sale and present additional products to cover gaps in their Advantage Plan (Cash Cancer, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Memorial Fund). Wisconsin Life and Health Licenses March 2011-2015. Meet or exceed sales goals on a monthly basis.
Excellent company to work for
Large Group Account Advisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Worked for Company 25 years good company work for, but layoff policy not stable.
fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: unpaid lunch and no room for growth within company
great pay
no advancement within the company
flexible schedule
unpaid lunch
great company enjoyed all my years
HR SPECIALIST (Current Employee), louisville, kyDecember 4, 2014
great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years
ENJOYABLE, AND FRIENDLY TEAM
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch when peak hits.
Cons: benefit cost and demands on employees
I WORK FROM HOME AND ITS ALL DATA ENTRY. TYPING AS MANY RXS AS I CAN. I HAVE LOTS OF OVERTIME DURING PEAK. THE MANAGEMENT FOR THIS COMPANY IS GREAT. THEY TRY THEIR BEST TO HELP YOU GET THE HOURS YOU WANT AND INFORMATION TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR JOB DUTIES. I WOULD SAY THE HARDEST THING ABOUT MY JOB IS THAT THE BETTER YOU GET THE MORE THEY WANT. MY JOB WENT FROM TYPING 34 RX PER HOUR TO WANTING 52 RX PER HOUR. THEN IN HOUSE RULES ON OVERTIME AND LUNCH AND BREAK RULES KEEP CHANGING. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS THAT ITS ALL ON ME HOW I PERFORM. I M SELF MOTIVATED. THE HEALTH CARE BENEFIT COST ARE VERY HIGH BUT COVER A LOT OF SERVICE.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more