Humana Employee Reviews

Found 2,233 reviews matching the search
Humana @ home Personal nurse navigator
Personal Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  Ewing, KYOctober 22, 2016
The job is excellent and the advancement is possible but there are many "hoops" to jump through when working. The expectations change often and working alone at home can be very unfulfilling when in nursing because there are no patients to assess, be with, and touch. All assessments, nursing management and nursing education is done telephonically so there is a certain distance that doesn't really work with my strengths and my personality traits that make me good at my job. However they were very supportive for my FMLA and ST disability for emergency health crisis and very conducive for getting my MSN. Set hours and no on-call.
Pros
work hours, work at home, minimal meetings, all telephonic
Cons
alone all day, no face to face communication, all computer based to when computer or internet is down worker is immobilized.
assess patient, review medication, inform patients of their healthcare
Senior Bridge Program (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 14, 2016
visiting clients giving information about their healthcare. reviewing medication and assessing patients, attending to patient and family needs. assuring patients safety. reporting patient concerns
Pros
freedom of visiting mutiple clients
Cons
driving
Currently laying off
Case manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2017
The company is laying off thousands of employees and then places these open vacancies to make it seem as if it is not hurting financially. The company is not stable. I have a lay off date effective 4/2017.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Emotionally draining, conflictive instructions from upper mgmt
Productive and learning environment
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 20, 2016
i am working in Agile environment with good communication channel and visibility. the are i am working in is core development project where i have roles and responsibilities in all phases of development, right from initial requirement gathering phase to final deployment.

Since i have been working in the same area for more then 5 years i am looking forward for more challenges and growth.
Pros
healthcare, walk-in enironmment
REPORTS AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 23, 2016
Great place to work, great benefits, plenty of overtime. fairness of staff. Learned a lot about office management, Microsoft products.

How to research using some of the best systems in the country. Co workers and management were overall great.

hardest part of the job is you are on their schedule and if you have kids that could be hard. But i do not so i did not mind.

I enjoyed the learning, the friendships.

I just need a change.
Productive , alot of mutllti-tasking
Customer service specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Working for humana has been a great experience. Very great company. Diverse management. The company cares about the wellbeing of their employers. They are expanding work at home jobs.
Pros
Great company, very diverse, work at home
Cons
Stressful, management
Great working from Home
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2017
Management usually works with you. New changes in Humana and restructuring has been challenging. When you go above and beyond in your role, you are recognized and have opportunities to take on more responsibilities.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
major changes in restructuring work
Director of Network Management (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2016
Working at Humana was a learning experience. The staff was wonderful and we found that education was the key to success. We tried to make sure that all contracts that were written could be paid first pass. Working with the hospitals to educate and help with claims disputes.
A flexible work environment that includes many agile positions
Central System Support (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 6, 2016
Humana's best qualities were the flexibility to Work At Home and the amount of training offered to Employees.

in a typical day i would takes 30 - 40 calls from internal users who were having issues with their computers or peripheral devices.
Pros
Work at Home, Training Available
Cons
no ability to move up within the company
Productive and fun workplace with treadmill
Utilization Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 16, 2017
Management is not very good, there has been a lot of turnaround in the last year. It is not as fun as it used to be. we used to go to events for Christmas and in the summer but was cut out due to the merger
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Insurance benefits
Fast paced
HCPR Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 27, 2016
Working in HCPR is a fast paced environment. The training is about three weeks long. After training, job shadow is a week or long depending on the individual. It is a high call volume call center. co-workers are great. the most enjoyable part of the job is the work at home opportunities for the department.
Pros
work at home opportunities
Cons
overtime can be called with little notice
You get paid but they expert blood in return
RN Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeSeptember 20, 2016
I've never worked for a company with such little initial training yet expectations of a veteran once on the line. Micromanagement is too nice of a word to use for them. They SPY on your every move. They threaten you with this unreasonable metric every day...so demoralizing. They don't care about quality only quantity. I'm trying to get out of this toxic atmosphere ASAP!
Cons
it was an okayplace to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSOctober 10, 2016
i gained a lot of customer service experience from working at Xerox. I learned about Medical claims, benefits, billing, and insurance. the hardest part about the job was telling members what they did not want to hear. You can hear the disappointment in their voices and I did not like that. But overall it was a great place to work
Focused on Consumer, Difficult to Manage Work Life
Strategic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 27, 2016
Majority of time spent on global initiatives to improving operating expense and consumer experience.
Collaborative team focus.
Most difficult part was obtaining a consistent wrok/life balance.
Loved the people and the focus of the work
Pros
Culture, People, Strategy
Cons
Work Life Balance
Great Customers
Pharmacy Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Twmpe AZJanuary 13, 2017
Many promises that were never made good on. Management changes often, no coordination between mgmt and team members. No opportunity for advancement. Great compensation but benefits a bit high in cost. Revolving doors make stability very elusive.
Humana is a good company, but Sr Managers (Directors and above) are not the best
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 12, 2016
It is usually not the company thats bad, it is the people that's in charge of the company. Stay clear of the behavioral health Division...run

Also, the onsite HR is the worst ever.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance focused company
Cons
Directors, HR area
Interesting Place to work
MRA Cocer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2017
High productive work environment, I learned how to be more accurate with my coding, I met a lot of interesting people at Humana. The hardest part of the job was the moves. The job is always enjoyable and the time goes by quickly.
Pros
Parking is paid out of your check
Cons
Short lunches
Assembly of contracts in system and verification of credentials (Contract Loading)
PNO Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 3, 2017
A typical work day started at 8:00 a.m., usually beginning with a contract that would have remained pending from the previous day of riding in the system. The work tanks sent by the supervisor were checked and the assembly was started, also the emails were verified in case there was something pending from the Department of Suppliers or claims. At times and depending on the time we had some contracts that were priority and we had to attend to them. In general terms it was a job of much learning, good atmosphere of companionship and the administration was constantly pending to the good improvement of the department.

•Responsible for contracts are received providers, hospitals and ancillary services for assembly, plus they work codes and rates according to specialty.
•In charge for the daily reports generated to track our productivity.
•Verify the credentials of providers.
Productive day
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 13, 2017
I worked remotely from home, I loved my job and clientele that I worked with. My clients made my job a passion. There was a lot of changes within the organization, but overall I enjoyed my position and mostly my clients.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
All of the changes at Humana
RN Field Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Dade City, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Exceptional company to utilize and acquire knowledge, expertise and case management skills every day !! Member-centered environment where main goal is to provide care based on their needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.