Humana

Humana Employer Reviews

Great job
Appointment Setter (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAApril 23, 2014
Great managment and workplace. Enjoyed setting appointments for the outlying military treatment facilities.
Great place!
Customer Service, Humana Clinical Pharmacy Review (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 23, 2014
Learned so much about health that I was amazed at technology and new medications. This is a great way to work your way through school and earn a great pay.
fast paced
RightSourceRX Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 23, 2014
Pros: fast paced, overtime
Cons: overtime
fast paced high volume calls, good working environment, good benefits
Micromanagers!
CLINICAL ADVISOR (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 21, 2014
Humana's management style appears to be to breathe down the necks of their employees and watch over every little thing employees do. This type of management style is not conducive to productivity or enjoyment in your work. A Manager reprimanded a coworker of mine for being in the bathroom "too long."
Proactive office
Phys Contracting Representative (Senior MSO) (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 20, 2014
Pros: local offiice
Cons: heavy work load
Must be willing to learn......................................................
Close environment, great staff.
Network Recruiter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 19, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: no room for growth
High turnover but a great place to work. Working with provider offices was enjoyable.
poor place to work
Beneficiary Services Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 17, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: short lunch break
Humana Military is a miserable place to work. There is no opportunity to advance. The company wants to micro manage every aspect of the business. The medical insurance is horrible. Employees are forced to do a biometric screening in order to get medical insurance.
Walmart is Typical
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cary, NCApril 16, 2014
Well Walmart is what you make of it. Walmart can be a good place depending on the people or a bad place depending on the people. Ofcourse i made the best of it and enjoyed my time there
Stable company to work with good benefits, not much advancement
Bilingual Customer Service and Provider Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks, vacation limitation req
A typical day, handling incoming calls from member and providers in regards to their dental insurance, as well as claims payments processing.
Incoming calls most of the day, a little part of day , follow up work.
Working from home, so flexible.
Not opportunity for advancement within the company
Enjoyed helping and educating members and help them through – more... their process and helping getting their payments happened.
hardest not having access to all the e proper systems and tolls in order to make one time call resolution as it was expected from management. – less
Forward Thinking Wellness Benefits Leader
Enrollment Advisor, Worksite Voluntary Benefits (Current Employee), Roswell, GAApril 15, 2014
Pros: great products and benefits
Cons: distribution transforamtion (downsizing, etc) i no longer have a role
My position as an Enrollment Advisor allowed me to educate employer group members on the benefits of worksite supplemental products such as critical illness/cancer, accident and wellness initiatives. The most enjoyable part of my role was being able to meet my clients and broker partners face to face and interact on typically positive notes. I love – more... educating team members, brokers and clients on health and wellness

Humana management allowed me to be creative with my role and gave me the tools and freedom to best perform enrollment and engagement activities. The teams I worked with both external and internal are excellent. The most difficult part of the role came if implementation did not go as smoothly as anticipated or if a client was misinformed and had to be re-educated.

What I have learned is invaluable since I did not have prior worksite specialty benefits experience even though I had more than 20 years benefits experience. Humana gave me the opportunity and I ran with it! – less
I enjoyed my time there.
Provider Claims Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 14, 2014
Good pay, was a great place to be. Worked on the phones for Medicare for the 1st year, was promoted to Provider Rep my 2nd year and promoted again to Work at Home my 3rd year till i was laid off in 2013.
Humana Medicare Service Operations
Special Projects Administrator (Former Employee), Louisville KentuckyApril 11, 2014
Pros: company history
This is a great company to start your career in the healthcare industry. Humana has many avenue that allows you to develop your skills toward career mapping.
Excelent leadership and benefits
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLApril 10, 2014
Pros: excelent leadership, benefits, job security, advancement and compensation
Cons: not available outside of florida
Excelent leadership and benefits with job security and ability to grow from within
Place full with learning
Tech Lead Oracle PL/SQL and Informatica Dev (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 9, 2014
Pros: different technologies
Humana is great place to learn new technologies. You interact with new technologies every day. There are great developers, best managers, nice environment which makes you really enjoy your time and lots of learning with business knowledge.
Good Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 8, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
1. Challenging Project.
2. Close Deadlines and challenging environment.
Great place to learn and grow!
Associate Relations /Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 7, 2014
I learned how benefits worked for not only the external customer but for the internal customer as well.
Stressful
Cash Posting (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 7, 2014
Pros: great view for thunder
Cons: low pay, low moral, mandatory overtime
Management didn't care about the employees. Overtime demanded without care of your outside life, the job came first. Low pay for responsibilities given to job.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Finance/Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 7, 2014
Pros: during peak plenty of work
Cons: not enough work during off peak season
Great company to work for, typical day involves getting the aging work out and saving the company money. Management is fair and I enjoy my co-workers.
Great company to work
Record Retrieval Specialist (Current Employee), Miramar, FLApril 4, 2014
Driving to different medical offices and retrieving records.
Great Company
Regional Director, Medicaid Contracting (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 3, 2014
Over the past 25 years Humana has given me the opportunity to grow not only professionally but I have grown as an individual to become the best I can be - Thanks

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more