Humana

Humana Employer Reviews

demanding
Agent Support (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 5, 2014
very demanding job.Great company yet starting off its difficult to adjust to people who require so much without any type of appreciation.
Overall Review
Product Development Consultant - Senior Products (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: some flexibity
Cons: managment styles
Inconsistent pace

a variety of systems, processes, and management styles

inconsistency, management styles

some flexibility
Productive place to work
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2014
Good learning environment and experienced doctors. Quality care for the elderly.
Productive environment.
Clinical Innovations Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: i am allowed to work from home.
Cons: working from home also has it cons, one being that i miss the daily interaction with my co-workers.
My job consists of processing data for Humana medicare insurance customers. It is busy and detail oriented position in fast paced environment. We work as a team to achieve a high degree of customer service and provide the best product for our customers.
Great
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Enjoyed talking to different people, helping out when & how I could.
excellant
Provider Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2014
I talked to providers and members all day 40 hrs. a week.
I learned how to make people happy and did a wonderful job.
I got along with everyone . the hardest part of my job was never saying no to my boss. I enjoyed helping others.
it was ok.
Initial Claim Specialist (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: it had good benefits
Cons: just had 30 min lunch
the co-workers were good people. but the supervisors were not thatt good at their jobs.
Good product, totally incompetent management (where I've observed)
Learning Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 31, 2013
Pros: good health insurance, intelligent product
Cons: idiot management, stressful work environment, advancement requires influence
Managers tend to be micro-managed and then scapegoated when things go wrong. Incompetent upper managers are protected. The informal cadre are more powerful than the formal cadre - and you'll never be one of them. Too many managers on the clinical side (where I worked) were so immersed in line work that they could not foster or manage teams.

Often more – more... concerned with how things look than the reality. Very low accountability for learning (my area). In one instance, while working over-time (without pay) to meet a deadline, I took a half hour break at my desk to eat lunch. During that session, I laid out a chess game to show a friend. Though my friend never found time to view it, a manager from another team observed the laid out board and reported that I was playing chess while others were breaking their backs.

Instead of investigating and backing up her people, my manager bought the report sight unseen (I had never been accused of not pulling my own weight before) wrote an attacking email. Even after calling to explain, my manager was still angry: I made her team look bad. I have to believe she was giving me what her boss gave her.

Too often important and worth-while initiatives were frustrated by backstabbing and infighting between teams. This organization has virtually no organizational development. – less
Summary
Telesales Specialist- Medicare Plans (Current Employee), San Antonio TxDecember 30, 2013
Pros: base pay
Cons: management
A typical day at work consist of answering calls from customers and explaining health care plans. Learned about Medicare and health care. Management is not friendly or motivating to the employees. The co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the management
Amazing work experience
Office Admin/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCDecember 30, 2013
Pros: excellent group of employees, healthcare benefits
Cons: don't really have any :)
I worked here for 4 years and those were the best 4 years of my life. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people and boss to work with. I wish that they wouldn't have moved from Lancaster I could have seen myself retiring from this company.
Overall Satisfactory Company
Computer Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Lancaster, SCDecember 29, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere, infrastucture, free cofee
Cons: less holidays, no breaks, no work from home in urgent need.
Overall Learning and Salary compensation is less. No exposure, No promotions. Company is getting shut down in 2014.
a
Senior Product UM Specialist (Current Employee), Metairie, LADecember 26, 2013
It long and a lot of busy work. I been here for 6.5 years and have not been able to move up in my role. They usually promote nurses.
UR Specialist
UR clinical specialist (Former Employee), NCDecember 23, 2013
Pros: salary, pto, overall company satisfaction
Cons: the manager can make all the difference!
New office opened. Worst manager with no "personal" skills; She tries to make a us feel as low as possible, almost dehumanizing. Charlotte managers very personal. This "manager" makes the RN position almost unbearable! Not alone with this feeling as other nurse in tears on a few occasions.
Productive and fun workplace
PHC (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 19, 2013
Pros: work schedule
It is a good job. I am learning a lot and the management is nice along with co-workers. The job is pretty simple once learning the job and getting the trainings. Helping the mbr's are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Review of Humana
CPU Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 18, 2013
Good pay. Good place to work. Great oppurtunity. Great people.
wonderful employees
Dr Call (Current Employee), Springdale, OHDecember 18, 2013
I enjoyed working there. There are very friendly staff open for improving ideas, and always willing to help
Humana
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILDecember 17, 2013
Pros: preset appointments
Cons: downsized
Ran sales appointments to enroll seniors in medicare products.
I learned medicare products and how to work with seniors.
Great management support which made the job very enjoyable.
excellent company learn a lot
Referral Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 13, 2013
love to work for this company again.
i learned a lot of new things with this company.
the co-workers were amazing and lovely people.
the job was amazing. well pay and a very professional.
Gained all the experience here
Administrative Coordinator for Medicare Sales (Former Employee), Doral, FLDecember 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: commute
My day there was exceptional, I learned all there is to learn in the administrative field and insurance healthcare field, I had a great relationship with all the managers and sales agents, the hardest part was maybe the commute as it was a bit long for me.
good place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 9, 2013
Was a school where I learn all Road System on the South of Miami-dade.
About my co-worker all them very nice.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more