Humana Employee Reviews

Found 1,124 reviews matching the search
10 year tenured
Grievance & Appeals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 21, 2015
a typical day consists of assisting clients in getting the best coverage possible from their healthcare provider. In my position I make sure the right benefit and coverage has been applied. if it hasn't, I adjust to make it right.
Average place to work
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2015
At humana career growth is pretty slow compared to other company out there. The work environment is friendly and easy to deal with. There's alot of red tape so to get simple things done you need to involve lot of different groups. It waste lot of time just getting approvals to make minor changes.
Productive and Fun
Project lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville KYOctober 20, 2015
I am working in Syntel private limited at Humana Client location.

I am working in service fund module which plays main role of capitation, claim expense and payments to provider.

I have faced multiple challenges in this project and learned how to work in critical situations.
Pros
Good co-ordination in team.
Cons
Iteration ratio is more due lack of employee satisfaction.
Great compensation and benefits
Dual Eligibility Outreach Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 18, 2015
I enjoyed working for Humana because they offer great competitive pay and benefits such as health, PTO, and 401K. I learned more about the Healthcare field
Cons
administration
Pays well but is very political and remenescent of high school
CPU Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2015
Humana offers VERY competitive pay! And the amount of time-off they offer is also incredibly generous. However, at least as far as working in their Waterside location, or even in their Medicare dept there's a lot of bizarre behavior that gets praised and encouraged thus leading to a regressive feeling atmosphere.

Some people have been able to climb up in Humana. A few of which have deserved it. Meanwhile, there have been lots of associates that have been stuck in their position for years, when thy deserved much better positions.

Its a great job to start, but a risky place to intend to build a career.
Pros
Great pay, PTO accrual
Cons
Mixed messages from management, political environment
Family-oriented officeplace
CASH POSTING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 16, 2015
HUMANA, INC Louisville Service Center: An excellent blend of "family" atmosphere with "customer-focused" service. The company promoted learning daily tasks yet career advancement was left to the individual to figure (out).
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Difficult career track
Can be a little overwhelming & get monotonous
Clinical Services Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 15, 2015
The job description does not match what your job truly entails. They are great at lip service, and I personally would much rather prefer an "I don't know" versus fancy words that leave you hopeful for change. Change takes awhile, but we're all adults here; being upfront about the companies merger and positions that allow a site in a different state to apply for before telling the home site can be frustrating
you are never good enough!
Agent Support (Former Employee) –  Louisville,kyOctober 14, 2015
Very little training to do a massive project, which is micromanaged by incompetent and dishonest people that were only chosen because they knew someone.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
validated home health billing
Validation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, LAOctober 14, 2015
learned alot multitasking is my speicality. self worker. filled insurance cliams. vaidate claims. put all information in computer
Pros
good times
Cons
no back up
Fun but busy workplace
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 14, 2015
High pace call center that specializes in making their seniors feel appreciated. They have a supportive team you work with directly that can help you through difficult calls. They also are very punctual about lunch and breaks.
Pros
helping people
Cons
can be mentally draining if you have never worked in a call center
Progressive and cutting-edge workplace
Real Estate Consultant (Current Employee) –  NationalOctober 13, 2015
Low compensation in comparison to industry and marketplaces; standard set based on market conditions in headquarters which is one of the lower pay scales in the nation.

Agile work environment is interesting, creative and flexible; very progressive team full of vision but slow to execute.
Big Data lead architect
Big Data lead architect (Current Employee) –  HartfordOctober 13, 2015
Interesting to work with core business team in Humana, And analyzing business and creating predictive models for future sales and claims mode.
Employment was great experience for Health Insurance sector.
Clinical Innovations Advisor-RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2015
Lack of team work. Poor direction from managers. Great training program. Great benefits. Great yearly bonus. No open door policy with managers.
Pros
Great training experience.
Cons
Poor team work.
this places doesnt look out for the front line
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2015
your expected to learn new material all the time and aren't given the proper materials to actually put the learned information into practice the people teaching the information aren't sure of the lesson be taught.
Pros
wanting employers to be healthy
Cons
incentives
fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  louisville,kyOctober 12, 2015
Great place to work. Good benefits. great environment lots of opportunity to grow. Well designed training and practice for employee success.
Chaotic
CONTENT STRATEGIST (Former Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 12, 2015
Struggling to survive in the healthcare marketplace. Disorganized, a lot of inter-team conflict, uncertainty about what's happening now they've been bought by Aetna. As a content strategist, few if any of my suggestions were listened to and they just did what upper management and production schedules had already stipulated.
Pros
Hourly salary
Cons
No security
Excellent Work Place
PROVIDER ADMINISTRATION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Palm City, FLOctober 11, 2015
Goals are very clear and on target
Management environment is flexible and on target
Multitasking was a daily effort.
I improved my negotiating contract skills at all medical provider levels
I managed local representatives and they did a great job
The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the results and how Humana grew in my area under my management.
customer services position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 8, 2015
I worked in loans making sure all paper work was in to close loan and answer any questions customer may have had prior to loan officer contacting them.
employee friendly company
Nurse (Current Employee) –  TXOctober 8, 2015
Good benefits and room to advance. You must be proactive and independent in your job. Not a lot of mentoring. A lot of political tension.
Pros
pay, promotions, benefits
Cons
alot of travel and politics
Job Security and Perks
Record Retrieval Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 8, 2015
A great company to work for! There are a lot of perks, but it really just depends on the dept you work in. I love the dept I'm in, but the only problem is there isn't a lot of room for advancement.