Humana

Humana United States Employee Reviews

Humana Life
Service Fund Contract Load Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: work hours, atmosphere, coworkers
Cons: not enough interactons with the providers
Humana is a great place to work. The atmosphere is welcoming and the people are great to work with. I start my mornings by reviewing the previous day's inventory and creating reports for the upcoming work day. This Report gives the Specialist an overview of what's out there and used as a guide to help prioritize what needs to be completed first. I have learned how to become a leader, even though I am already self-motivated. Honestly, I really can not say there is a hard part about the job because it doesn't feel like a job at job most of the time. I enjoy being a part of the success, making sure Providers are loaded into he systems where members can select them for their needs.
serving the military.
Central Beneficiary Service Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: working from home.
helping military w/health coverage, answering there questions, have a great group of coworkers and managers, always willing to help out in any way. the most enjoyable part of my job is the sastification of helping the men and woman that fight for us everyday.
Good Company Overall
IT Business Consultant, Business Intelligence (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: bright, nice people!
Cons: even the seemingly simplest things, are very complex. welcome to healthcare.
It depends greatly on what department you are in and the management culture your leadership believes in, theory X or theory Y. Most are in between.
SQL BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
SQL BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS) (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2015
• Key role in team of 4 in brining 2005 SQL database environment to SQL 2008R2 by migrating, converting and re-writing DTS packages and updating them to SSIS packages.
• Extensively worked on Data Flow tasks like Foreach Loop Container, Execute process task, Transfer SQL Server Objects task, Transfer Jobs task, Transfer Logins task.
• Worked with SSIS packages involved FTP tasks, Fuzzy Grouping, Merge, and Merge joining, Pivot and Unpivot Control Flow Transformations.
• Used SQL Server Package Configuration technique to make Dynamic configurations.
• Used Text Files/ SQL Server Logging for all SSIS packages.
• Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Created On demand (Pull) and Event Based delivery (Push) of reports according to the requirement.
• Deployed and configured the reports in the Report Server.
• Extracted Data from various Heterogeneous Databases such as Oracle and Access database, DB2, flat files to SQL server 2008R2 using SSIS.
Metrician
Statistician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: big data work
Cons: n/a
I used propensity score matching to determine if there was a return on the investment. I was able to work with Big Data in SAS and, while working with my co-workers, I learned a lot about Big Data techniques.
Fun place to work with great benefits.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Glendale, ArizonaFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: close commute to/from work.
Cons: 30 minute lunches were not long enough if you wanted to eat off-site.
Humana is a good company to work for. What I learned from being there for over 4 years was knowing how to put the customers first. A typical day at work was answering inbound-calls from our members, problem-solving and/or trouble-shooting to help with their issues.
Excellent company reputation
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Learn great deal of one to one patient care, great experience taking care of the seniors stage since it was the the first time that i have the pleasure to work with the golden age patients
Member Services Position was a lillte stressfull
Member Services Seasonal (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Cons: 1
Working as Member Services Representative, was kind of stressful . Do to high volume of calls, they received, and dealing with many complaints from members.

This was a temporary position, during the annual enrollment period.
Great company!!
Provider Data Validation Consultant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 10, 2015
Responsible for providing education to our providers on the proper coding and documentation as it pertains to ICD-9 coding and Medicare Risk Adjustment. Validate submitted HCC codes for use of proper documentation and support. Evaluate coding edits as it pertains to claim questions and inquiries.
Fun workplace
Claims Cost Management (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: relaxed enviroment, free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Overall great atmosphere and work environment. The management were very open to new ideas, my co-workers were pleasant. The hardest part of the job was having to correct oversea accountants mistakes.
Experience
helpdesk/desktop Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Great work enviorment, learned a lot of information from my colleagues and a great entry level position. Culture was great but due to compensation, had to look for a better opportunity
You Choice
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: awesome training
Cons: no flexibility with hours
It is a very draining job. It will take all of your life. Flexibility is not an option. It is a great place to work if you do not have small kids. Some people are a big help most are a big hurt.
It was fun, meaningful and interesting
MP Specialist Agent Support Unit (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: pto time
Cons: short lunchs
I have learned many aspects of the healthcare industry. Something new and interesting, also something most people never have the opportunity to learn. I have enjoyed working there, but this was a contract job, I knew it would come to an end at some point.
Would not recommend
Coordinator (Former Employee), Dublin, OHFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: 4 wks of vacation
Cons: micro management, no job opportunities, no hr presence onsite, employees didn't work well together.
This was the worst place I've ever worked. My manager has a history of problems with his assistants. His first assistant was reassigned, his second assistant resigned after 3 months, and I quit. Additionally there is no HR presence onsite and if you do choose to notify them of your concerns you should expect retaliation. We had several employees concerned with the office environment and the high turnover rate spoke volumes. In most companies this would be a red flag.

Additionally, I refused to work for a manager who had daily mood swings, micromanaged, and played mind games. Everything had to be discussed 100 times, and changed a 100 times. Work was always made to be way more stressful than it needed to be. I felt as though I had worked there for 10 years.

Additionally the majority of the employees in our office weren't professional. People didn't work well together and there were a lot of bad attitudes amongst several departments. I truly feel certain employees acted out because neither management or HR would hold their behavior and/or actions accountable. Overall, not a healthy work environment.

I will say that I've always heard great things about the corporate Louisville office. Their team members were pleasant to work with, and they always had a professional demeanor. The company also provided some nice perks such as 4 weeks of vacation and the compensation was good. My suggestion would be to research the department in which you're applying because I think the company great. Just be sure the person you're working for is great too.
License Health Insurance Agent
License Health Insurance Telesales Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2015
Take telesales inbound calls on the affordable care act.
Management at this company is wonderful
Co-workers are fun to work with in a fun environment
The hardest part of this job is keeping up your quality assurance scores
The most enjoyable part is that I get to speak with people nationwide and help them meet their healthcare needs.
Great company to work for
Service Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 6, 2015
Learned a lot about health insurance. The hardest part was learning the phone system. Enjoy meeting and working with co-workers.
Great company, has grown over the years. Not enough pay
System Development - Coder and Tester (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: not alot of job growth
Humana allows work at home which is awesome. Its a fortune 100 company and has a good stock price. They do encourage health and have employee health programs. The benefits are ok, maybe not what you may expect from a medical ins company. The coworkers are ok. The hardest part of the job sometime is disorganization among processes and leadership. The most enjoyable part is the coworkers.
Very concerned with employee health and education.
Cares Manager Supervisor / Coach (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Very concerned with employee health and education. Expect a heavy metric expectation. Management is concerned about associate 's professional growth.
A good Place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: time off
Humana is a good place to work, but often times you get stuck in the position you started in with little chance for growth. But the company is growing. On a daily basis I make outbound calls to member to discuss their benefits and Health and Wellness resource.
Humana was a wonderful place to be an employee at any level.
Retired (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Great job teaching people of all ages, races, nationalities how to sell
successfully. Worked daily under a great deal of stress and tried not to pass it down to the salespeople. Helped them plan the work and then work the plan.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more

Humana Salaries