Humana

Humana Employee Reviews

Precarious place to work (unless you're fond of killing patients)
Screening pharmacist (Former Employee), West Chester, OhioMarch 12, 2015
Pros: nice people, beautiful work environment, flexible hours
Cons: high prescriptions quotas (they don't call it that), excessive punishment for not meeting numbers, high risk to patient health
During the 3 years I worked there I saw the prescription load of pharmacist go from 22 an hour to 52 and hour. At that speed you can't check history, handle DURs, correct data entry errors made by technicians. In addition, of the prescriptions that are incomplete or unreadable, only 8% of your day's prescriptions can be sent to have the doctor called, leaving pharmacists to guess what the doctor is writing for. The when the patient receives the wrong drug, they make a major case out of it like you were supposed to stop what you were doing at the time and chase down that one prescriptions.

Well I didn't play the game, I worked for patient safety. Now I don't work there.

Screen 57 prescriptions an hour, no access to doctors to answer questions, not time to do a thorough DUR. Work here if you have great malpractice insurance because when they get sued and pay the claim, then Humana turns around and sues you to get their money back.
wonderful place to work for
claims auditor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 12, 2015
loved working with supervisors as we as fellow associates learned quite a bit about claims processing while there. had very good training while there.
Overall, good place to work for IT.
IT Operation Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 12, 2015
Typical of large companies, there is lack of ownership in many areas and issues. Overall, management was supportive of staff, and efforts were consistently made to improve work environments and encourage self development.
Great Company
Process Consultant (Former Employee), Louisville KYMarch 9, 2015
Pros: Great people, team environment
Cons: health coverage HDHP
Company promotes health and well being. Most all leaders push for work life balance. A very collaborative environment which can be a drawback at times.
Not the best place to work
G&A Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good relationships between employees
Cons: big company issues like time management
Come ready to work in a fast environment. Good benefits and cultural environment. Humana will continue to be one of the leaders in the healthcare Industry so the job security will always be there.
Work experience at Humana
Repackaging Specialist (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 8, 2015
Pros: easy schedule, overall easy work.
Cons: location from my home, no room for real advancement.
Our work day is pretty routine for the most part at Humana. We will work on a certain product that our managers have written on the board or a product that we were working on from the prior day or days.
It can be a pretty fast paced job and we are constantly on our feet.
It teaches you to work in a certain pattern to get the most out of everyone and keep everything constantly moving.
Our management is pretty nice and very easy to work with and their expectations are very easy to meet. They do not really treat you like just a number but like a person.
The hardest part of our job is being on your feet all day, as well as having to remember the certain amount of paper work that needs to be completed with each product we work on.
The most enjoyable part of our job is the people I work with and just the atmosphere. It is a very welcoming environment.
Best period of my career
Technology Application Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 8, 2015
I was lucky to get such opportunity. I really enjoyed working with Humana. I got to learn lot of business knowledge and technology.
Mainframes professional with 7.4 years of experience in SLDC and Agile life cycles in development and production support
Analyst Programmer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 7, 2015
Working on the Business requirements with SME.
Drafting initial analysis and understanding document with all the queries
Preparing High and low level designs
Coordinating with the offshore team in various phases of the project
Participate in Coding and testing activities
Reviewing the deliverable before getting the sign offs from SME
Preparing and reviewing the SIT test cases
Handling Incidents, change order and problem tickets
Monitoring Daily batch cycles
Handling abends
Generating reports or data as per the Daily Business requirements
Automating frequent routines
Optimizing code
Preparing the daily/weekly/monthly reports
High volume
Medical Review Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2015
Overall I really enjoyed working for the health insurance company Humana. I started off working in the Humana office, traveling to various provider sights, and eventually transitioning to work at home. Management was always understanding, but the communication was difficult to interrupt from management. I made life long friends within the company. The best part was working from home normal business hours. The hardest part was the late night 12 hour days during deadlines.
n/a
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), killeen,txMarch 6, 2015
Everyone was very friendly, I learned a lot of skills on how too communicate with customers from working for the Humana campaign.
horrible dysfunctional office
office manager (Former Employee), nycMarch 6, 2015
While humana is a great company to work for...its subsidiary senior bridge is a disaster and a horrible place to work. The staff is incompetent at best. There are no processes in place for employee who are not performing their duties. Being a manager at this toxic place is basically being a warden at s prison. The regional director is a bleeding heart social worker who wants to "change everyone'. You are expected to work 24/7 with a BlackBerry that needs to be on all the time. A dysfunctional group of people.
Schedule can be unpredictable but income can be excellent
SENIOR INBOUND SALES REPRESTATIVE (Current Employee), Phoenix AZMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, nice work enviroment, excellent 401k benefit
Cons: schedule can flex due to cms enrollment cycles
Your co-workers will become your life long friends. Humana has a knack for hiring associates that blend well together. There is no age discrimination and they do not hesitate to hire "senior workers".

My experience is in the Direct Marketing Services department; sales for Medicare and Health Care Reform plans. During enrollment periods expect to work a lot of overtime and do not plan to take any time off. Stress is high but commission is generous.

Humana has a great 401K benefit, most insurance plans include a high deductible, lots of employee extra programs if you choose to participate.

Overall: A great company to work for
Overall Good Company
Rightsource Call Center (Current Employee), Cincinnati,OHMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great company, tons of room for growth
Cons: no sick time
Pros
Good people
Great Benefits
Good pay
Paid Time off/ Vacation
Tons of Opportunity to grow and develop if you bring the right skills to the table.
Awesome Retirement plan 401k

Cons
Work life balance can sometimes be difficult depending upon your department needs. ( Mandatory OT)
Always striving for improvement
RN (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 1, 2015
Pros: flexibility
A typical day at work starts with a morning touch base meeting with management staff. We go through all the stats and any important updates and then take a few minutes to just visit with each other on a personal level. My co-workers are people that I have become good friends with. The hardest part of the job is having to coach staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping my staff to become successful.
Clinical Innovations Project Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: providing members with the best possible resources
Cons: sometimes its hard to move into different areas of humana
I still currently at Humana it is a great place to work with the opportunity for advancement. I definitely would recommend people to work here and network with as many departments as possible.
Wonderful Company
Initial Claims Specialist (Current Employee), LouisvilleFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: innovative
Cons: healthcare benefits
Humana is a very innovative company to work for. The only downside would be the benefits. Also it is hard to break away from certain job title once you are ready to further your career.
Great people made a great work environment..
Work Content Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Been with the company for over 6 years, in this time I was able to create longlasting relationship. I was able to excel within the company. I've been awarded for my hard work and dedication.A good place to work.
Resuts oriented with Well-Being incorporated into each day
Frontline Leader - Enrollment Services (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: cafe' on-site, many work-at-home positions
Cons: so many different systems.
Humana is concerned not only with the Wellness/Well-Being of the consumers, but of the employees as well.

If the associates of any company is healthy, physically, mentally, spiritually, financially and feel secure in their lives then there is more productivity and less loss of unscheduled time off. This is a win/win for all involved.
Great atmosphere
Group Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: daily challenge
Cons: uncertainty and insability of positon
operated multiple computer programs at once
management was helpful and supportive
team members were always uplifting
A typical workday for me
Customer Care Represenative (Current Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: speaking with a large demographic of members
Cons: boiler room office atmosphere
A typical day at work consisted of incoming calls from members enrolled in the Medicare part D plan, or Medicare replacement plan. Responsible for the processing of member refill request, ensuring accurate demographic information was obtained from member, also ensuring to advised member of any open balances as well as the copay for the current orders placed.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more

Humana Salaries