Humana Employer Reviews

fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: unpaid lunch and no room for growth within company
great pay
no advancement within the company
flexible schedule
unpaid lunch
great company enjoyed all my years
HR SPECIALIST (Current Employee), louisville, kyDecember 4, 2014
great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years great company enjoyed all my years
ENJOYABLE, AND FRIENDLY TEAM
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch when peak hits.
Cons: benefit cost and demands on employees
I WORK FROM HOME AND ITS ALL DATA ENTRY. TYPING AS MANY RXS AS I CAN. I HAVE LOTS OF OVERTIME DURING PEAK. THE MANAGEMENT FOR THIS COMPANY IS GREAT. THEY TRY THEIR BEST TO HELP YOU GET THE HOURS YOU WANT AND INFORMATION TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR JOB DUTIES. I WOULD SAY THE HARDEST THING ABOUT MY JOB IS THAT THE BETTER YOU GET THE MORE THEY WANT. MY JOB WENT FROM TYPING 34 RX PER HOUR TO WANTING 52 RX PER HOUR. THEN IN HOUSE RULES ON OVERTIME AND LUNCH AND BREAK RULES KEEP CHANGING. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS THAT ITS ALL ON ME HOW I PERFORM. I M SELF MOTIVATED. THE HEALTH CARE BENEFIT COST ARE VERY HIGH BUT COVER A LOT OF SERVICE.
Difficult to move up
Self- Funded Claims Specialist (CSCS) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2014
Worked for the company for many years and took a long time to move up. Accounts weren't accurate and issues with getting health insurance contracts loaded for benefits.
Working At Humana Outside of Home Office
MarketPOINT Career Agent/Market Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 1, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management
Was mostly a career that turned into a job with poor management. Outside of Louisville is a trainwreck. Look elsewhere!
Excellent opportunity to provide services to members in their home
Field Care Manager, PA (Current Employee), PADecember 1, 2014
Pros: strong leadership and support
Cons: occasional computer glitches
Visit members in their home post hospitalization. Assure they have the correct medications, supplies, equipment and knowledge of their illness to manage their healthcare at home. Assure they have appointments set up with their MD's. Provide teaching in symptom management. Explore community resources the member may be eligible for and assist in pursuing these resources. Create and maintain an active plan care and services on each member. Insure documentation is up to date and thorough.
Sales duties
Sales Executive/Account Executive/CSR (Former Employee), Lexington kyNovember 28, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: quotas
Quotas to meet but otherwise an excellent company and benefits.
Learned a lot about healthcare reform.
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 27, 2014
Cannot get promoted. Its a who you know basis of moving up the ladder, Education is not considered. If you are a great worker, count on staying in the same spot forever.
Great Carrier!
PEO Underwriting Consultant (Former Employee), Westchester, ILNovember 26, 2014
Humana is committed to delivering ideal service and products needed as the economic environment continues to progress.
I enjoyed the challenges
Health Insurance Telesales Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 25, 2014
Pros: licensing
Cons: schedule
assisting customers make healthcare insurance choices based on needs analysis.
Fun place to work. Really take care of employees
Sr. Products Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 25, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: pay
Love the company. This company allows you to progress and increase learning. They provide tools to help you advance as well as help pay for school. The leaders are there to help guide you in an effort to make sure you are getting everything you need in order to perform your job well.
Work from home and on the road
INSURANCE SALES AGENT (Former Employee), Southeastern MINovember 25, 2014
Pros: unlimited earning potential
Cons: unrealistic quota
A typical day at Human required me to travel 20 to 30 miles to meet with Medicare recipients to educate them of insurance benefits. I learned to speak in public and give a presentation. Management had unrealistic expectations at times however, my co-workers and I worked together as a team in an attempt to reach an unreachable quota. The hardest part of the job was driving hundreds of miles weekly but the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with seniors.
Not a Good company to work for high turn over
Former employee (Former Employee), St Petes FLNovember 25, 2014
Not a good company to work for Low pay, unprofessional Management inexperience Managers underline discrimination practices and HR is a joke
Not a Good company to work for high turn over
Former employee (Former Employee), St Petes FLNovember 25, 2014
Focus on Health & Well-Being
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 22, 2014
A nice place to work, lots of opportunity, a different approach to healthcare benefits
Wonderful co-workers and opportunity to work at home
Senior Case Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, Mo.November 21, 2014
Good opportunity to work from home after a year. Understanding/supportive managers. Coworkers are awesome. Constant change makes it a new challenge every day!
Productive work day. Friendly work enviorment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cary, NCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great hours and over time
Cons: short break and the point system
I would clock in about 10:30 am and leave about 7;30 pm. I learned how to work in teams and how to process payments for the clients. My co-workers were very helpful, becuase we had to work together inorder for our team rate to be high. The hardest part of my job my I tend to take on too many task at one time. The most enjoyable part was the satifaction I got with help the clients that called.
coca cola
Call Representative (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRNovember 19, 2014
the best job ever would go in at graveyard shift picking and packing coca cola products for their routes great co-workers
ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Metairie, LANovember 19, 2014
Humana bought out the company I was employed with therefore I was not an employee of Humana long. There's really nothing I can say about this company.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 19, 2014
This is one of the company where we can learn many productive things. Environment was very friendly and supportive.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more