Humana Employee Reviews

Fast paced and Ever-changing
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLNovember 14, 2017
I enjoy working at Humana. We have a great team and we all enjoy the virtual atmosphere and working from home. My manager is great. We all love her and as she is super supportive. Humana is a good place to work for. It is cyclical meaning that in 5 years, I have had over 7 managers and senior leadership has changed a few times. We had a period that it was very difficult and everyone was micromanaged and metrics were impossible. We have had major lay offs and uncertainties with mergers in last few years, but the cycle is changing back to more member focused and senior leadership seems to actually care about the nurses and providers. It's a great job for people who are self-motivated and disciplined. You have to be good to roll with changes and have great time management skills. Not much chance for advancement and pay is not high compared to other insurance companies, but overall has been a great experience for me. I am pursuing other opportunities in the field because of the salary and little chance of advancement.
Pros
work from home, great culture, great teams, flexible
Cons
salary is stagnant and uncertainty with changes at times, not always secure with job
Fortune 100 Company with multiple healtcare business positions.
Strategy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2017
Solid, stable and well respected company. Very competitive environment can lead to poor working relationships between functional areas.

Good benefits with paid time off, health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K and multiple employee centric programs.
Very demanding
Grievance and Appeal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2017
Extremely stressful work environment. They did attempt to make the work environment less stress with providing activities and incentives. Decent company to work.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Stressful workload
Customer service agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2017
work with customer about their EOB and answer what questions I could I don't remember to much about this I only worked hear a year
again I can only tell you this is a simple job you have to know about how insurance worked and you could not be to detailed about your answers
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
had fixed times for brakes and lunch
Great Company, Community Leader
Sr. Security Consultant, IT Security (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 11, 2017
Humana is a great company to work for. Opportunity to learn a great deal and to build lasting relationships.

I should know, I have worked for Humana, 3 different times spanning 10 years.
Relaxed Environment
Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2017
Very relaxed environment. As an onboarding specialist initially there was no set procedure due to this being a startup department. A few hiccups but a nice work environment.
Pros
co worker, ability to work from home
Cons
job security, pay
Professional
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 10, 2017
I enjoyed my many years at Humana and it was an amazing place to work. The only reason I left my career at Humana was to be a stay-at-home mom. That is the only reason I wanted to leave. Had an awesome and amazing manager.
Productive and Fun place to work
Preadmission Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 10, 2017
I learned a lot.. I had multiple roles while at Humana. I got to travel, I got to be on committees that made decisions that directly affected my department. They valued the opinions of the employees, I really never saw that side of an insurance company before. They put their members in high regard. It was an exciting place to work.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
I had to leave for personal reasons
Good place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 9, 2017
Received incoming calls. Answered customer questions. Looked up drugs and their prices. Assisted customers with different plans and signed them up for various ones.
Bad management
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 9, 2017
A workplace with no real leaders that affects the potential of the company. Leadership with no openness to trying to improve overall business practices thus affecting employees and the opportunities of becoming successful within the company.
Medicare advantage sales with ancillary products
MarketPoint Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 9, 2017
Went into homes to explain insurance options. It was necessary to be very knowledgeable on the products. The hours were different daily depending on appointments
Pros
good compemsation if you could sell
Cons
excessive driving
I love working for Humana
FRONT LINE LEADER (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 9, 2017
Very work life balance focused place to work. Very in tune to well being. Working at home is one of the best parts of working at Humana. The culture is conducive to inclusion and diversity.
Great company to work for, has more ups than downs.
Computer Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYNovember 9, 2017
Everyday work-life at Humana you can always expect something different to do and projects to come up, essentially a sense of entertainment within your daily tasks. Communication is very key within this company and if sought out, there will be good outcome to success. Working together to maintain and balance the initiative to complete projects and daily tasks would be one of the biggest thoughts to keep in mind when working within Humanas IT Infrastructure.
Pros
Great co-workers, very professional, benefits
Cons
poor management communication
Unstable at best
Care Manager RN (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 9, 2017
Multiple layoffs, right before holidays, yet big bonuses for higher ups. No job stability or advancement bc all the open jobs go to laid off nurses. Layoffs go by “favorites” as well. No rhyme of reason yet claim “HR algorhythm”
Pros
Pto, benefits
Cons
Pay, no job stability
Not a good fit for me
MEDICAL CLAIMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2017
I was not happy at Humana. I just sat in front of a computer all day long and paid claims. I was told I would be able to advance but that never happened. I was moved from department to department because I was good at my job but never compensated or taught anything new.
Care Manager (PHC) (Former Employee) –  City of Alexandria, KYNovember 8, 2017
Humana is a great company, however, the Humana at Home program is going through a lot of changes and it has caused a lot of layoffs. It is what is best for the company but stressful and causing uncertainty for their employees.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Metric driven
Beautiful building lots of perks. Unprofessional managers cause hardships
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 8, 2017
I feel that I was let go from the company unfairly. I was asked to improve my stats, and I did that quite significantly over a 6 month period. It was not good enough, and I was still terminated. The management staff of Cincinnati should write a book on how to be unprofessional and get away with it.
Pros
Beautiful cafeteria, free off street parking garage. Elevator to your work floor
Cons
your success in this company depends on who you know.
Good
Grievance and Appeals Specialist- PDP Expedite (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2017
It’s was a good place to work to get your resume going and get into high positions other places if. You wanted to go and it’s a nice place to work it you want you want to move up in the in the company
Over the years the philosophy changed drastically.
Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  multiple statesNovember 8, 2017
Like all areas today. Do more with less. ACA plans were not in members best interest. Not enough networks obtained prior to roll out. Statistics very important to management.
Pros
Great pay, work from home, excellent benefits.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, everything recorded, and constant change
Very disorganized and lack of communication
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 7, 2017
Great benefits, but there was a lack of communication from management and the moral was not good. The managers range from being micro-managers to very relaxed. Humana is constantly changing from week to week and is not a good place to work at if you do not like change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.