Humana

Humana Employer Reviews

REMOTE/TELECOMMUTE
Analyst, MC Risk Adjustment-Sr PRD (Current Employee), ATLANTA, GEORGIAJune 24, 2014
EXCITING, NO MICROMANAGEMENT, PROBLEM SOLVING, ENJOYABLE.
Loved cross-training opportunities and advancement
Integrated Specialist (Former Employee), LINETJune 20, 2014
Pros: the pay and challenging work tasks.
Cons: many hours of mandatory overtime.
I loved being trained in different areas of the department. They made the job a fun place to work by having potlucks and activities outside on slow days. The pay was great as well.
Fun and productive place to work!
Grievance & Appeals Analyst (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 18, 2014
I have worked here for 10 years and I love it. Great co-workers and awesome benefits, and good compensation.
HANDS DOWN THE WORST COMPANY EVER TO WORK FOR!!!
UM RN (Former Employee), FloridaJune 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches 1st week in louisville, ky
Cons: abusive, unorganized, hypocritical, condescending, discriminatory, judgmental, dishonest management
Orientation at headquarters in Louisville, KY was pretty good; people were energetic, happy, fun, gave good vibes about the company regarding wellness, diversity, team spirit, & ongoing training & other opportunities, and they say..."no one quits Humana cuz it's so great!" Well, after getting to my home office, my on the job "one-on-one" training (along – more... with 2 others) lasted total of 7 days. Rest of training you had to do online at home, taking countless hours, numerous computer issues/crashes, calls to IT, never received all required equipment to even do the job. Was expected to have entire job memorized in 1st month, not allowed to ask questions for further clarification, otherwise you get written up for "not being focused, unorganized." The so-called trainers (front line leaders) have no experience in training...they sit there across the table IM'ing each other acting like high-schoolers, judging & bashing each new employee then tattling their assumptions & accusations to the mgr, with whom you never see, nor can prove them wrong in their blatant lies. While they are supposed to be training us, they sit there doing their own work, making phone calls on personal & business lines, personal texting, and constant interruptions that inhibit any type of learning. Being shoved in small office was also not conducive to effective learning, especially when FLLs have to go out to smoke frequently. They treated you like a child, like a nuisance, and nit-picked every thing you did, & you're not allowed any mistakes to be made in your 1st 90 days or you're written up for any reason. Was never given name tag; our job title changed 7 times (since this was new position in area). Was supposed to visit with patients at facilities, but after 2nd week was told I had to be just a telephonic nurse. None of us ever did this UM position before in our careers, but was expected to know everything about Medicare, Humana's criteria for discharge, length of stays; your opinion & years of bedside experience & critical thinking skills couldn't prove or justify that every case is different depending on patients' medical history..Customer service & satisfaction was not the goal...it is purely to make the insurance company more money to rip off more people. Leaders are extremely disrespectful, condescending, abusive, constant criticism, unorganized, very hypocritical, judgmental/discriminatory, rude in every form of communication (in which I highly recommend saving copies of). Plus they refuse to reimburse all expenses incurred since day 1 in KY. Had to call an attorney. Worst company ever, which was so sad, having just come from the best company..just needed a different career path due to relocation. – less
Great opportunities
Administrative Service Coordinator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: everthing
Cons: nothing
Great opportunities for advancement, loved the managers and learning opportunities they provide
to get by
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 15, 2014
I had fun meeting lots of different people this place was all about getting to know your peers.
Customer service rep
Customer Service Care Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 9, 2014
At Humana, I was delivering value and quality, providing guidance on their needs, and actively engaging with our members through every step of their road to wellness. As an associate I provided Perfect Service every day to our members, employers, providers and colleagues. As a Customer Care Specialist I responded directly to questions and provide guidance – more... on transactions, inquires, or complaints from consumers. Educate customers, providers and employers about Humana’s products and services both. I receive, document and resolve customer inquiries by using established best practices so the member had perfect service and guidance. – less
Sales of Medicare products was primary focus
Career Agent - Medicare Sales (Former Employee), ArkansasJune 7, 2014
Pros: maret-share was high, well known label, good pricie focus but only on what they want you to sell. otherwise not competitive.
Cons: micro management, gps tracking of vehicle, calls and time
Humana was a great place to learn and understand the federal guidelines for Medicare advantage put is no place for a seasoned agent to work. They are heavy in Micro-Awhereness previously known as "MIcro Management" and do not like for employees to have much input. I enjoyed my position there when left alone to make sales and was the top agent in the – more... state my first year there.The time needed to service existing client is important and it was difficult with the marketing load they placed on you. The maintenance side of their philosophy is unrealistic for someone seasoned as an agent with a client base. The sales people there were good people and I made some good friends – less
Progressive Values-based Compnay
Sr. Medicare Analyst/ Learning Facilitator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 4, 2014
Humana is a good company for those looking to climb the corporate latter and retire.
Staff in Chicago were some of the best that I've ever worked with.
Large Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management instability
Management had high turnover. The staff was talented and hard-working.
Purpose, prioritize, and productivity.
Account Concierge Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJune 1, 2014
Operated in a relaxed work environment, while deadlines are in place for timely devilry of resolution results-
Horrible Company
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 28, 2014
LEARNED GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS,LEARNED ALOT ABOUT MEDICARE
N/A
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), DePere, WIMay 28, 2014
Any and all things that were performed on a daily basis are confidential to Humana
Had to travel an average of 100 to 300 miles a day
Sales Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: terrible customer service
We were told we didn't have to work weekends but of course we were also told that working weekends would be better for us.
So typical day was calling by phone to get managements views on how sales were going.
Had to go to office at least once a week for team mtg. and two or more times a month for agent of day.
What I learned was that the top priority – more... was sell, sell, sell !!!
My first manager was a top notch person; demanding but reasonable.
Second manager was young but very sophisticated but somewhat aloof.
Third manager was all of the above plus very approachable and interested in us as sales agents and as individuals. – less
Humana Insurance
Bilingual Customer Care Rep. (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 20, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Humana - April 2008 - July 2013 (Bilingual Customer Care Rep. /RightSource RX /Medicare Rewards & OTC Customer Service)
• Customer Care - High volume call center, Humana Medicare and private insurance, prescription refills, claim verifying and price quotes for prescriptions and diabetic supplies.
• Relationship building - Promoting and educating members – more... of self service options, offering additional benefits on their insurance plans, offering refills on available prescriptions, and submitting Medicare rewards available for each member.
• Conflict resolution - Assisted on supervisor calls and call backs, for both Spanish and English customers, problem resolution and customer service to achieve member satisfaction.
• Record keeping -Updated accounts such as credit cards, addresses, phone numbers and emails. Updated members prescription accounts, such as MD changes and a medication allergies.
• Assisted management with interviewing and evaluating potential Bilingual Employees.
• Trained new employees
• Handled high call volume from Puerto Rico Medicare members (Verbal and electronic communication)
Proficient in Microsoft office, Excel, Internet average of 50-60 WPM
Won 3 awards for Employee of the month, STAR Award for helping my team in new updates and changes, Acknowledgement certificate for high call resolution and low handle time from FLL Drew S. – less
Work travel
Quality Nurse Consultant (Current Employee), Alpharetta GeorgiaMay 19, 2014
Pros: adjusting quickly to meet client demands
Cons: 100% road travel weekly
Traveled throughout the United States educating hospital clinical staff and provider office staff on Electronic Health Record.
productive and fun workplace
otc (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2014
the best part of the job were the people i worked with and i enjoyed it.
Workplace
CPU Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 19, 2014
Enjoyed Job Environment and people.. Very organized great company to work for with many perks and benefits
Not the best Managers
Learning Consultant (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 19, 2014
Pros: great salaries, lots of opportunities
Cons: not great healthcare benefit
They try to hire from within which is great because there is a lot of opportunity. However there is not enough training given to those that manager and they often burned out or their entire team suffers until the manager learns to manage.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more