Humana

Humana Employer Reviews

Great company, long hours
Senior Associate - Mergers & Acquisitions (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2014
Great people, healthy culture, workload seemingly never stops.
Productive/Upbeat workplace
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 21, 2014
Great place to work all around. Very welcoming and always willing to help peers.
It was a good learning experience within healthcare domain, it has polished my skills as BA and made me more confident for upcoming challenges.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 21, 2014
Typical day at work will include back to back meetings with Stakeholders and IT team in-house. Being hear i have really strengthen my analytic skills in the healthcare domain as a Business Analyst.
Management was always supportive and upfront,and it was a blessing to have such a supportive and progressive team. hardest part of my job is to bring consensus on one subject matter and get it done on timely manner.
What i enjoyed most is the freedom and the hold on the project along with my Project manager which also enhanced my managerial skills at some level.
Dealing with Elderly members
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Sandy, UTOctober 20, 2014
Typical day at work would be speaking with elderly members/clients. What I learned from this work place was how to speak to elderly. Which is pretty awesome.
Management was ok. Some were better then others and vice versa. The hardest part of the job is trying to hear what the elderly were saying through the phone. The enjoyable part of the job was actually speaking with the elderly hearing their Thank yous, I made their day or even have a nice day young men, just brings warmth in my heart.
Fun place to work
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2014
Engaged environment with alot of learning and opportunity.
Providing exceptional inbound costumer service
Billing & Enrollment/Pharmacy Customer Service (Current Employee), Cary, NCOctober 19, 2014
Deal with members Billing and enrollment issues with their insurance policy. Provided members with medical and pharmaceutical benefits as well as their claims information and provided overrides as needed.
Good for people who know each other; lots of favoring of people who know very little; culture is very good ole boy
Legal Counsel (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2014
Cons: health benefits, salary as compared to other companies
I worked hard but was never rewarded based on my work but rather based on other people's opinions of me.
taking calls from provider office to appr high price drugs for chemo
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great benefis
Cons: alot of changes
working production to get auth for chemo drugs and resubmitting claims , have good coworkers to work with, management was good, hardest part of job things not being very organized and iinfo not being told to workers.
Strong company with inconsistent leadership
Strategic Consultant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2014
Cons: poor benefits, lacking talent management
The company has grown so much in the last ten years that the talent pool hasn't been able to keep up. The result is many areas that are poorly managed. Too many areas promote from within, often beyond an individual's capabilities. Or leaders are brought from outside the company, but they are not provided adequate on-boarding or cultural immersion. Mid-level associates are the ones who suffer as the result. Having department leadership without basic business acumen is not uncommon, especially outside of corporate functions.

While compensation is generous, Humana expects a lot of their associates. Little consideration is given for personal commitments or personal well-being, despite the company's claim to focus on total well-being for their customers.
Associate health and wellbeing is important here at Humana. Humana is a positive and progressive company.
Care Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLOctober 16, 2014
I enjoy being an associate at Humana, they have transparency, welcome associate involvement and recognize the importance of associate health and wellbeing, not only for the worker, but for the recipients of the service provision and the share holders - they get the big picture!
Great company and awesome culture but very micromanaged
Marketpoint Career Agent (Former Employee), New York, NY and San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: extensive training, weekly group meetings, fun outings with your team
Cons: health benefits, management
I worked at Humana for almost 2 years. I loved the extensive training and how much the company invested in my learning/advancement. I was part of their inside and outside sales departments. I was offered everything you would expect from a corporate company; great pay, PTO and benefits. Their benefits are mediocre for being an insurance company. It was great that they ensured I became a licensed agent and took care of teaching me the ins and out of my job. Only complaint really is how stressful the job can be at time especially during peak insurance times like annual enrollment periods. You are highly encouraged and expected to work overtime, although I cannot complain much since you are compensated for your time unless you are a salaried employee. I also am not a fan of the management they need to put more effort into their managers to be more helpful and encouraging instead of demanding.
humana experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2014
The hospitality of working as a team and achieving a goal together was quite fulfilling and rewarding. We had a saying one team one dream one humana. I learned many new task i haven't performed before such as manifest,manual scrip. The hardest part of working at humana i would say is meeting the percentage each day; of course i made my numbers but a lot of people had trouble in doing so. Over all my experience working there was awesome!
Fun place to work
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: no benefits
This job has all the perks you want plus BONUSES! You can advance to many management levels within a short period of time.
Productive Workplace
Provider Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2014
Pros: vacation time, excellent 401k package
Company is excellent demonstration of customer service and a business that knows and anticipates the needs of its customers and client by doing business strategically oriented towards the needs of its customers.
disorganized with no sense of leadership
Clinical Pharmacy Review Representative (Current Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free coffee, many vending machines, cafe area, large work space
Cons: no room for any growth, no real training for acual job, constant fear of job lost, mandatory ridiculous hours, almost impossible to stay compliant
a typical work day consist of very confusing and hectic calls with hardly any type of direction from managers. the policy constantly changes on a daily basis leaving no consistency and lack of job security due to "nit-picking" in quality.
for the most part the hardest part of the job is trying to follow the many many ridiculous non needed "rules" that are held at Humana and most enjoyable part would be the co-workers that at least try to help each other just to get through the day
un-organized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 9, 2014
Cons: you are not giving enough information to fully answer your customers question
too many kids playing while you are trying to work on the phone.
Fun at work with the big team. Learn various applications and technologies
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 7, 2014
Work on rotation basis on application support.
Work communication with team members and gather work status.
Enjoyable part is work culture in the team having fun and help at work
Company with lots of great benefits and stability
Floor Manager/ Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee), St. PeteOctober 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of leadership
Company is growing rapidly

There arent many companies with better benefits

The company needs more leadership
there is no one on your side
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), glendale azOctober 6, 2014
Management has the ability to do whatever they want with no consideration of their staff. I was forced to resign from this position due to horrible management styles and racism.
I called HR several times regarding the mistreatment at work and no one ever got back to me.
Senior Bridge (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 5, 2014
Good place to work however it is a very large company with some significant but manageable IT issues.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more