Humana

Humana Employer Reviews

Company encourages wellness
Care Manager Registered Nurse (Current Employee), work at homeJanuary 10, 2015
Great flexibility working from home. Wonderful benefits. Great retirement plan.
Productive workplace enviornment
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2015
Nice employee benefit packages and lots of room for advancement.
Humana
TELESALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Great Company to work for many opportunities for growth within the company
patient care
Medicare Supplement enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2015
nice atmoshere, a great way to interact with people, productive place to work
Fun Place
Agent Support Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 6, 2015
Speak with agents about applications they may have submitted for a member. Spoke to 20-35 agents a day. The thing that I liked the most at this job was helping someone help another person even though at times I felt like no matter how much I tried to help a agent if they was frustrated nothing was good enough for them at the moment
good place to work
Participation and Eligibility Representative (Former Employee), Green Bay WIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: hours
Verified company's met eligibility
answered phones
co-workers were great
I learned medical terminology
hours were flexable
One of the best places i've ever worked
Sr. Medicare Risk Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: engagement
If you happen to get employed here this is a career company!! As with all companies sometimes the management and the core values do not go hand in hand, but Humana is a great company!
Fun place to work, excellent training program
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Middleton, WIJanuary 4, 2015
I enjoyed working here. The pay is nice, the managers are very proactive and motivated. No full-time benefits or PTO.
No review summary at this time
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: health & wellness emphasized
Cons: nothing to report
Humana was an excellent opportunity, which generated professional growth in my life.

I learned how to provide health care coverage to members in a timely manner.

Management encouraged cohesive environment open to diversity, personal health & wellness.

Co-workers were positive team members.

The hardest part of the job was delivering reports of inadequate coverage chosen by the member.

The most enjoyable part of the job was providing coverage regarding providers in an emergency.
Positive environment
Medicare/Medicaid Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: work at home option
Humana is a company that's devoted to diversity, their consumers and employees. Humana is always looking for ways to expand their business and believe in giving their employee's opportunity to advance. Humana also believe in being healthy and have been able to provide on-site workout facilities, health clinic, etc.
fun workplace nice people
Clinical Advisor RN (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: drove 2 hrs everyday to work
fast pace nice environment met great people had a nice manager enjoyed working there
Humana is a great company to work with
Telesales Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2014
We learned many skills and techniques on selling to the customers and building rapport.
fun work place
Medicare New Enrollment Pends Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 29, 2014
I LO VE MY JOB ATHUMANA LOVED THE PEOPLE I WORKED WITH AND THE MANGERS I HAD . THE WORST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN THE ASSIGNMENT ENDED
Humana is dedicated to providing employees with the tools and development they need to succeed
Learning Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2014
Humana provides a wonderful work environment. The company is on a great trajectory to make a difference in the health insurance industry through providing innovative programs that help individuals and employers become healthier and reduce premium costs.
Trained Employees extensively
Healthcare Reform Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: mismanaged company
A typical Day at work was either studying and preparing for the very busy time to come. Once Open Enrollment was here, which is our busiest time of the year, you are left to your own devices. It's a sink or swim job. I believe that is the hardest part of the job, is that you cannot get questions answered when you need them. If you are like myself, you use as many resources that are made available to you and I learned not to rely on others for answers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the "at-ease" feeling you know the client on the other end feels when you know you have helped them and they feel relieved.
Deplorable
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 26, 2014
Pros: no longer there
Cons: not for everyone
The only good experience was the benefits and free garage parking otherwise wouldn't recommend this company to ANYONE. At times felt the training didn't cover the subject matter customers were asking and some management seemed bothered by questions asked
Job Culture Great, Outside Home Office Job Not All That Great!
CSR (Current Employee), TexasDecember 23, 2014
Pros: learning, knowledge, people, helping
Cons: pay, no bonuses, no benefits, bad management
Humana One is always striving to be better and have come a long ways since last years open enrollment. All the reviews I am always seeing with the job being great is the main Humana locations, not the call centers where agents are being paid less to do so much. The greatest part of my job is trying to help people as much as I can with the training I recieved. The bad part is you are trained to do more with no raise and no bonus. I went from billing and enrollment to benefits and claims; working twice my workload for the same pay rate. Unlike Humana employees, we do not get the benefits they do because they are our call center's client. Supervisors at first had no knowledge until finally they were replaced with agents who knew the job. Still there are those that do not care and know nothing about the company and how things work. Humana's culture is the only thing I can rave about and how they are advancing and continue to advance to make life easier and better for the customer. If you want training in healthcare and love interacting with people and feeling part of something grand then give it a try. If it is money make sure you have another job as well or find something higher pay with more advancement opportunities and bonuses.
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 18, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Adecco. It's a great company to work for. Great software training programs
Medical Record Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2014
I like the work I did for this company and I have no review for this company
Account Installation Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 18, 2014
I am only a Variable Staffing Pool specialist which means I only can work up to 6 months. It would be better if I was full time.

About Humana

Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans – Read more

Humana Salaries