HUMANE SOCIETY

HUMANE SOCIETY Employee Reviews

Potential to be a wonderful employer
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), 78752July 13, 2015
Pros: Animals weren't put to sleep due to time / space.
Cons: Lack of any real income potential or advancement
The real turn offs were the management not paying attention to reported issues with other workers when an issue was unresolved. They pay was awful. I don't mean awful in the sense that it was just low, I mean it was impossible to live a life of meeting one's basic need expenses. Forget having "fun money" and be ready to fore go any ideas of finances for "emergency fund, retirement or vacation funds. That was really depressing after finally finishing a BFA degree and having no real opportunity for moving upward.
My volunteer day
Volunteer (Former Employee), MOJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Working with animals.
Cons: There wasn, t really any cons.
I would help get the animals adopted out to potential adopters. I would socialize with the animals. I would walk the dogs. Give the animals treats.
a fun enviorment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Pendleton, ORJune 22, 2015
Pros: you can adopt a pet
Cons: not much to do
You get to work with a lot of animals such as dogs and cats. you get to work with people around your own age. you how to clean out the kennals and the cat boxes.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 15, 2015
it was a great job and great co worker and we all got along well and team work was the best. it was a great job and great co worker and we all got along well and team work was the best.
Loved Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: helping animals
I enjoyed being a part of the volunteers at the animal shelter. Being able to help animals socialize and get exercise is an amazing experience. I love being able to help the animals find forever homes.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMay 7, 2015
It was great to work with the animals, everyone there is very nice and all of the animals are super sweet and well behaved.
Very good learning experience.
Kennel Assistant (Former Employee), Lebanon, MOApril 27, 2015
Pros: I love animals and formed a natural bond with them very quickly.
Cons: Seeing animals that have been abused and neglected, it was very hard not to get upset.
A lot of the time I would be working alone. I was hired as a floater. I would make sure the animals had enough water and food, give them baths, exercised with them, and would help with rehabbing abused or neglected animals to get them ready for adoption. We only put down an animal if we could not give it adequate medical treatment.
lousy work enviroment with bad management skills
Kennel Technician (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 30, 2015
Pros: working with animals, and a team enviroment
Cons: bad management, no leadership, hours of open operation
the job its self was ok, the only real problem was the management team and the other co workers, not allowing for advancement, no air flow in the building, complaints about stench when there was none.
great job
Volunteer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 23, 2015
A customer service representative interacts with a company’s customers to provide them with information to address inquiries regarding products and services. In addition, they deal with and help resolve any customer complaints. For instance, a customer representative may assist you in opening an account or help you to resolve a problem if you cannot access your account or if your order never arrived.
best place to work
volunteer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: play time with the animals
i love walking into the shelter and spending my day caring for every animal within the facility. the hardest part of my day is seeing the strays, abandoned or injured animals that come into the shelter. the most enjoyable part is seeing the animals still know how to trust even after all the abuse they have been through
My JOb with animals
Kennel Assistant (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 6, 2015
I love my job i love helping the animals and i like working with the public
*Cleaning out and sterilizing the cages
*Feeding and water the dogs
*Mopping and sweeping as needed
*Assisting the customers in choosing a pet for thier family
*Administering medication when needed
exhausting
Relocation Manager (Former Employee), Longview, TXJanuary 23, 2015
This is not an easy job. Watching animals be put to sleep because they are wanted anymore. This job can be rewarding when you save an animals life or help them find the right home. being compassionate and caring.
okay place
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee), Vancouver, WADecember 29, 2014
enjoyed most was seeing the different types of dogs.
hardest part was getting to and from work riding the bus
Great for Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVDecember 12, 2014
Pros: worked with animals
Cons: no pay
I enjoyed the work and the personnel. This is a great place to volunteer.
Rewarding
Canine Behavior Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaNovember 13, 2014
Served as Secretary of the Board of Directors to All American Dachshund Rescue.
Provided and monitored all Customer Service Procedures concerning Adoptions.
Performed Canine Compatibility Test.
Developed Canine Predetermination Behavior Testing standards to establish if animal were adoptable.
Monitored the rescue hotline for Animals/Counseled patrons on an adoption to assure the success of the adoption.
Fostered several canines with emotional and behavior issues.
Grew Enrollment by 87% during tenure. Voted 2nd Best Trainer in the state 2008, 2009 and 2010.
great people great job especially if you love animals
Kennel Technician (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MINovember 9, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: pay
i liked everything about this job the manager was great as well as the employees i learned alot durring my time here
over see duties and care of animals and facility
Kennel Supervisor (Former Employee), TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: help families find pets for their homes
Cons: at times i would have to euthanize
supervise employees scheduling and duties, as well as community service works ,order supplies weekly ,maintain facility and grounds ,and ensure that animals needs where meet for adoptions, and maintain full staff.
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 2, 2014
I love animals. I would typical keep the area clean. And feed all the animals.
I learned that the place was ran by one person and always appreciated volunteers.
I would work with other volunteers and we would work together to make the place more clean and enjoyable for the other animals.
Hardest part was not to just want to cuddle the animals, because there was a lot and a lot of them would miss out on human interaction.
Most enjoyable part was once all the work was done, got to spend time with the animals.
helpful to homeless animals
Volunteer (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZOctober 28, 2014
Pros: being with animals
Cons: animals locked in a cage
had a good time, nothing really just walked and fed animals, management was nice, co-workers were fun, no hard parts, being with the animals was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Not Great
Kennel Help (Former Employee), Davenport, IAOctober 24, 2014
Cons: not enough help, not enough time given to clean an entire vet clinic with all the taking care of animals i had to do, not enough money.
Most things I clean at night were from the afternoon and just sat there all day, so the animal sat in the same room, even if it was in a different kennel, there were still the same fumes in the room with them. I learned taking care of a vet clinic and the many animals staying the night is very difficult. I would rarely see my one other co worker, there were usually only two of us, this job took up most of my time because of this. I at least like the animals.

1 2 3 4

About HUMANE SOCIETY

Founded in 1948, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world's largest HR membership organization devoted to – Read more

HUMANE SOCIETY Salaries