Humanscale Employee Reviews

Crazy and unorganized
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 14, 2017
Crazy and unorganized from the salesmen front point of view to the production back. A little bit of hypocrisy mixed with good people who work hard but don't get the recognition they deserve.
Worked From Home
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 31, 2017
Worked from home, enjoyed my coworkers and helping others. Did not enjoy my daily tasks as I was asked to perform and find the success that other reps were asked to do, only I was not a rep yet. My workload consisted of two jobs, and I felt I was treated unfairly.
Great place to work if you're in sales
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2017
There is a distinct separation between the sales team and admins (sales support). The two groups do not work as a cohesive unit, and admins are treated as "peasants".
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays
Cons
People not treated equally
Ergonomic Technician/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2017
Ordered all necessary parts for products that needed to be repaired. Worked very close with the sales team to set up meeting and installations. Scheduled appointment and meetings with all of my clients.
Pros
Set my schedule
Cons
No room for growth
Very bad environment...
Greater Los Angeles Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2017
The company has potential but it is infected by bad management and lack of communication, self egotistical executives and unfair treatment to those who do not follow every step.

It has been laying off employees since 2016 and it continues to do bad.

It is definitely a company that gets lots of attention in the media but when it comes to treating employees well, it is another matter.
Pros
The brand name
Cons
Lack of communication, bad management, low salaries
Good intention but weak expertise and planing
Senior Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
The company products are very motivating to work on, the design colleges are young and enthusiastic, however the communication across different departments is lacking discipline and self-responsibility.

If you are young engineer you may not be capable to cope with departments lack of productive collaboration and may found yourself hopeless.

Senior engineers have better chances to sustain the workload and dealing with Asian vendors.

Company is very good at raising all employees motivation by admitting everyone's hard work.
Unfortunately compensation is not up to current market wages.
Pros
Flexible unpaid days off.
Cons
Weak usless health benefits (the US manufacturing average).
Revolving Door
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2017
Great products, great people and great potential. Unfortunately upper management is not capable of making this company great for the employees. Everyone one is just a number and lucky few who have upper management favor will do anything to keep it that way. Not a healthy place for most people.
Pros
great products, great people
Foot into the Corporate world
Electrical Engineer intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2017
Humanscale great place, most of my day I check emails, do testing on PCB and research on different standards. What I learned was market research and software quality assurance. Management is pretty good, teaches time management is something of importance.
Pros
Learning professional engineering
Cons
Most of your time is spent researching, not utilizing the skills you learned in college
Great company but terrible management
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2017
The company itself is great and I love the products. However, the management is terrible because of the way they treat the employees.
Pros
Great room for advancement and good pay.
Cons
Management couldn't be worse or treat the employee's worse.
excellent
Quality Control Mechanical lead (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 22, 2016
multitask in my field as Quality control inspector lead at the company i work for currently also hold inventory levels Accrued
Creative and rapidly growing company
Retail Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2015
Humanscale's best asset is its employees. Honestly the smartest, vibrant, creative, just all around nice and willing to help group I've ever met.

I work in the marketing department and quickly became great friends with EVERYONE on my team. I have built a very healthy work and out of work relationship with everyone.

The craving for ingenuity and beautiful design is inspiring. Working at our HQ office in NYC aids in that culture as we have our design lab right down stairs. The mix of corporate and creative is a breath of fresh air. Watching both work together so fluidly makes for a great and balanced work place.

Using the furniture is also a perk!
Pros
Healthy and creative environment, learning opportunities, great showroom, multiple office, opportunity for travel
Cons
compensation is on the low end and pay raise is minimal.
Manufacturing company of ergonomic products.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver COSeptember 8, 2015
Best products in the field. Very well made. Proud to work there. My position was a multitude of positions and responsibilities in one. Had to handle various tasks simultaneously and at a high rate of quality.
Sales driven corporation
Operations (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 11, 2015
Humanscale is very sales oriented and allows new product develop to drive manufacturing. They have good products and vision, but needs to pay more attention to the operations business.
Productive work place
Regional Sales Coordinator/ Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 29, 2015
My normal day at work is fairly easy. I come in and start my day off by going through all my emails. I work first priority emails first then handle others as they come in. I process new orders that have been assigned to me. I process returns and replacements as needed. I am also the only employee on my team that processes all invoices that come in. I meet with my sales team on a daily basis and have weekly calls to discuss any high priority orders. I schedule installations and work with all parties to coordinate deliveries.
Pros
Early Hours
Fun but Extremely Stressful and Unorganized Work Place
Reception/ Admin/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  EnglewoodOctober 7, 2014
A typical day at work would be comming into a full inbox of emails, voicemails, as well as a stack of orders to get placed or tickets to put in, and the phone already ringing off the hook. Some of the emails were usually regarding the ever changing day to day procedures. I enjoyed working at this company because of the mostly friendly atmosphere, as well as the challenging and fast paced work load. The negatives on this company is that it was extremely unorganized and management seemed not to have any prior experience on how to run many aspects of the company. I had seen fellow employees on multiple occasions, buckle under the pressure and quit. On top of the chaotic work issues, there was constant gossip among supervisors as well as general employees. Besides the looks of the office and the quality of the products, I would say this company was ran very unprofessionally.
Pros
close team, lunches, partys, etc.
Cons
unorganized, stressful, gossip
Great Company - Incredible Product
Architectural and Design Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2014
This company has a great reputation and a wonderful product and training program.
Humanscale project
Consultant/ Customer Service Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 29, 2014
My role as the CS Manager was to launch a fully operational CS ordering center at the manufacturing facility in Piscataway NJ. The CS team in Denver CO was inundated with orders and could not maintain the synergies required to succeed. I flew back and forth between Denver and New Jersey to get a full understanding of what was required. In 2 months, I successfully opened a fully functional ordering center consisting of 8 employees and carried the team to its next phase. I enjoyed working with the team and other individuals of the organization.
Great Company
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2013
I loved Humanscale and the message we brought to the companies we worked with. This is a workplace ergonomics manufacture which means chairs, keyboard trays, foot rest, monitor arms, etc. All the tools that integrate the human body into a work station. The trust is you don't sit on top of your desk....you need these tools to make working at that desk tolerable and safe.

The territory sizes are fair and answers were easy to get from customer service. Job was exciting everyday and knowing that we made a difference in someones health and comfort with knowledge they didn't process before made it a very enriching experience.
Pros
Travel, Samples for Demo
Learning experience
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 24, 2013
My day is very busy and fast and focus. I learn how to handle mutiple task and take orders under pressure. Help make the right decisions help others. Management, was totally in order and the right people. My co-workers was great to work with because we help one another, did the best we can, always on point with the project at hand, organize, and always ahead. There was no hardest day at work but get the job done. And most enjoyable day at work when the boss says...... Perfect, very good.
Pros
good coffee, tea, bagels
Cons
short breaks, good benefits
Great doctor to work for!
Junior Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 14, 2013
Assist doctor with any and everything needed
Perform medical assistant task
Make appointments if needed
Assist doctor with any bone marrow exams
Pros
small doctors office
Cons
small doctors office