Humble ISD Employee Reviews

Easy job, Great schedule
Child Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 23, 2017
This job is good for someone that don't really need to work. This a good job for people that's retired, students, stay at home moms. This not so beneficial for people that need to really provide for themselves or families.
Great district
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
Great district to work for but typical low pay for guest (substitute) teachers. Flexible and usually a good working environment. Staff is usually nice
Pros
Flexible schedule, Nice people, great kids
Cons
Low pay
Fun place to work
Principal's Secretary (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for the school district and being around the children was a pleasure. The pay was the only reason I moved on to something else. All in all it was a great experience.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Low pay
Good Place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 30, 2017
Its a great place to work. It is a very family friendly place of employment. Your able to attend work daily with little to no stress. Sometimes the hard part is when you have vacation and when you come back there is just a build up of work.
Library
Professional and Campus Library Specialist (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 24, 2017
I found the day to day activities of running both libraries challenging yet enjoyable. My favorite part of running the library's was the research and ordering of books for the students as well as the district personnel. As an avid reader myself, this was my favorite part of the job.
Maintaining the campus and library websites were a challenge as the software program we used was not always user friendly, yet with constant perseverance, I made it work. Keeping the websites up to date was always important as I believe outdated information was not professional and a waste of time for the end user to have to muddle through.
Working with the teachers and students was challenging. I had to carefully navigate the various personalities of each to meet their immediate needs.
The hardest aspect of the job was having to navigate the constant change of supervisor changes. This generally occurred when the library was moved to different locations, which happened three times, which necessitated a change in supervisor roles or upper level management made district wide changes to departments.
I had planned on retiring out of the district, but had to make the hard decision to leave a job I enjoyed.
Pros
Teachers, campus staff, and students
Cons
Constant change of supervisor and leadership roles.
Administration needs improvement
Para Educator Special Education (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 22, 2017
Love working with the children, most co-workers are great, but administration could use some changes to benefit employees. Could use better training strategies to help employees understand some of the job expectations.
Great school district
Adjunct Kinesiology Professor (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 10, 2017
The district is great with nice students if you are a good teacher who knows how to plan and implement lessons effectively. The administrators will help the best they can.
Good place to work!!!
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 24, 2017
This was a great job working with K-5 and helping the children to reach their potential growth in learning. I worked with small groups and helped with reading and math. Teachers and staff are wonderful!
Pros
Close to home and on the kids school schedule
Excited about the new opportunitys with Humble ISD
Energy Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2017
Good place to work. Since my time here, I have nothing but good things to say about the district. Learning the way ISD handle business is new, but exciting.
Fun Working with Student and Staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 30, 2017
It a low paying district...but we all work as a team
Great place to work at if you have small aged kids... The privilege to be off at the time including all holidays and summer. Had a
Pros
Build up your knowledge on school
Cons
underpay

Want to know more about Humble ISD?

Ask a question
Excellent People
RN (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 6, 2017
I have worked for Humble ISD for 12 years. I love the people and my job. The nursing staff is an outstanding group to work with and our nursing coordinator is a great advocate for both children and nurses. It is a privilege to work for this district.
Productive and proactive workplace
Summer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 18, 2017
On a day to day basis I worked on files, copying, and transferring them to an online source. I learned that being organized and a team player was what made the job efficient.
Humble ISD is a great district to work for.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Humble ISD is a large suburban district, located North of Houston, Texas. Humble ISD is student centered, focused on quality learning, and embraces diversity.
I have worked well with people from all over the country.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXFebruary 17, 2017
I love working, thanks to indeed I will have job offers knocking at my door. I feel that indeed will help me out along this journey that I have been on.
Special needs Para educator (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Great place to work the compensation is good. My only complaint is the management seemed very petty and immature. Great benefits with paid vacation and sick leave. Also the opportunity to make comp time.
Great
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Perfect job for in between high school and college. Great addition to my career in medicine along with a better understanding of how things work in a school district
Pros
Good amount of break time. Not over stressed
Hardest Job You'll Ever Love!
Science Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 8, 2016
I developed as a person-not just a worker-while employed with Humble ISD. I became a leader, a better communicator, and a relationship builder. I started work here as a 5th grade teacher of only 2 years of prior experience and left as a Science Coordinator for my campus. I learned how to be a lesion between administration and teachers in the trenches. I developed teams and helped struggling students and teachers acquire success. Nothing about being a teacher or a coordinator is typical except that time always marches on. The most enjoyable part of my day was working with students in small groups or helping teachers by working side-by-side with them while teaching. Hardest part was keeping spirits up, hearing the negative, and seeing the frustration of others. Teaching isn't easy and many teachers came to me to vent. I built rapport with teachers, students, parents, volunteers, district personnel, and admin. I learned to work with the community and build programs that furthered the education of students and teachers. Humble ISD is a great district to work for!
Pros
Personal/professional growth, wonderful co-workers, amazing kids
Cons
Short breaks, high demands/stress, long hours
productive
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 1, 2016
productive and that is all that i have to say i know that you would like to hear more based on the computer prompt but that is all that i have to say.
Pros
being aroung children is educational and informative
Cons
working at night by myself
Fun and Energetic Place to be
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 18, 2016
You are with students in the classroom all day. They are always really interested in what you have to say, especially since you're a substitute. The teachers in the other classes are always very helpful and very nice. The support the school district provides is immense.
Team player
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2015
Coming in for duty and report to the cafeteria. Empty trash and clean table for the next class to sit down and have lunch. Once assigned tables are empty; pull table up and sweep in the area. Mop the entire cafeteria and take out the trash.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Too far