Humble ISD Employee Reviews

Hardest Job You'll Ever Love!
Science Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 8, 2016
I developed as a person-not just a worker-while employed with Humble ISD. I became a leader, a better communicator, and a relationship builder. I started work here as a 5th grade teacher of only 2 years of prior experience and left as a Science Coordinator for my campus. I learned how to be a lesion between administration and teachers in the trenches. I developed teams and helped struggling students and teachers acquire success. Nothing about being a teacher or a coordinator is typical except that time always marches on. The most enjoyable part of my day was working with students in small groups or helping teachers by working side-by-side with them while teaching. Hardest part was keeping spirits up, hearing the negative, and seeing the frustration of others. Teaching isn't easy and many teachers came to me to vent. I built rapport with teachers, students, parents, volunteers, district personnel, and admin. I learned to work with the community and build programs that furthered the education of students and teachers. Humble ISD is a great district to work for!
Pros
Personal/professional growth, wonderful co-workers, amazing kids
Cons
Short breaks, high demands/stress, long hours
productive
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 1, 2016
productive and that is all that i have to say i know that you would like to hear more based on the computer prompt but that is all that i have to say.
Pros
being aroung children is educational and informative
Cons
working at night by myself
Fun and Energetic Place to be
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 18, 2016
You are with students in the classroom all day. They are always really interested in what you have to say, especially since you're a substitute. The teachers in the other classes are always very helpful and very nice. The support the school district provides is immense.
Good School District
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 7, 2015
Humble High School is a great school. Daily responsibilities include implementing TEKS based curriculum and facilitating to students in engaging way.
Pros
good training, school has much tradition
Cons
benefits could be better
Teaching
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXDecember 26, 2013
Taught 6th and 7th grade math. 6 periods from 8am to 4pm.
Not friendly towards Black males. Keep to yourself. Management is always looking to get you on small things.
Pros
salary
Cons
people
Typical Day
CAFETERIA MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Humble, TexasOctober 6, 2015
I provide nutritious breakfast and lunch for students. The management style is independent with supervisor contact. The overall experience was educational with understanding and following federal guidelines for child nutrition.
School is Good but Teachers are poorly paid
Special Educator and Department Chair (Former Employee) –  Humble TXNovember 7, 2013
Teachers do not recieve enough compensation or support to adequately do what they are asked to do. This applies to teaching in general in Texas.
Pros
the kids
Cons
the pay
Team player
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2015
Coming in for duty and report to the cafeteria. Empty trash and clean table for the next class to sit down and have lunch. Once assigned tables are empty; pull table up and sweep in the area. Mop the entire cafeteria and take out the trash.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Too far
Very intense work schedule
CNS Specialist III (Former Employee) –  ASEOctober 15, 2013
Basics are taught, most of the time you work from menus, and
recipes.
Management has extremely high production expectations for
the time allowed to do the job.
Co-workers who don't take job seriously, do fine, those that
do have a tendency to feel used/abused.
The hardest part of the job is time.....not enough to do a thorough
job if you care about doing the job right and are trying to learn too.
Lots of time off if you have children or want to be home in plenty
of time to make dinner for your family. Holidays and summers
off which allows you to recoup if you can make it through the
year.
Pros
free lunch and if you have time and are working, breakfast also.
Cons
too much work, too little time.
Humble ISD is a very professional place that puts the students first!
Elementary Art Educator (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 10, 2015
Teaching is different everyday, but rewarding everyday. I learned to be flexible and to laugh. My co-workers were my team and we always worked together, even to facilitate the Humble ISD Fine Arts Festival 10 years in a row. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet my expectations in the 50 minutes that I had for class. The most enjoyable part was watching the students learn and experience the joy of making art while in my classroom!
Pros
Team to work with - they are GREAT!
Cons
Bus and Lunch Duty... But every school has that!
Good as a second job.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 26, 2015
Typical day of work at Humble ISD included educating and ensuring that the students were safe at all times. The hardest part of the job was having a different group of students nearly every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home knowing that a students life was impacted for the better.
Pros
Great people, flexiablility.
Cons
Having new students daily.
I enjoyed the students
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TexasMay 30, 2015
I enjoyed working with my peers as we were very focused on the overall benefit of learning for all of our students. The hardest part of the job was to keep up good organizational skills as well as time management, but over the years of teaching these became second nature for me.
Rewarding and Life-Changing job
AVID tutor (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed this job very much because I was able to directly impact students life during their crucial adolescence years in which many students decide to go in the wrong direction (drugs, gangs, etc). I was a positive role-model for them and was able to help them get through school work that they otherwise would have struggled with or ignored. My coworkers were very smart and helpful anytime I needed help. I got along great with them. The teachers that were overseeing us were very understanding, helpful, and provided fair leadership. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with discipline problems and getting talked back to by students sometimes or trying to get their attention. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I was making a difference in their education.
Pros
fun and rewarding
Cons
not flexible with changing college schedule
Great workplace culture
Campus I.T. (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 30, 2015
At K.M.S. I performed technology maintenance and minor repairs for the entire campus, and was very happy with my payment, hours, and respect given to me by other staff members. It was an all around good experience, made great by the administration and warm culture.
Fast paced, learner driven environment, America's future
Elementary Educator (Current Employee) –  Lakeshore ElementaryNovember 9, 2014
As an educator I have had the distinct pleasure of teaching our future generations; this has been a very rewarding part of my life. I no longer have the need to be tied to a school system calendar; therefore, I am looking to expand my horizons. I learned to wear many hats and react quickly to many different situations involving children and adults. I have also learned to change my teaching methods to engage students with technology. I was named teacher of the year in 2009 by my peers. In 2013 I began the 1 to 1 iPad Pilot program for Humble ISD. I was the only teacher for Humble ISD to teach in a 99% paper free environment. The most difficult part of my job is ensuring that all students feel successful no matter what their intellectual ability or home life hands them..
Pros
surrounded by youth
Cons
surrounded by limited thinking administrators
An elementary school with a family type admosphere.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 18, 2012
I started with assisting with the lunch hour. Once that was done then the cafeteria was cleaned and then I would do my daily routine of cleaning restrooms and classrooms. Some times I would help to set up for special events. Management was easy to work for. My co-workers were excellnt work partners. The hardest part of the job was maintaning the restrooms while the students were still in the school. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to talk to the students during the lunch hour. The children always brought joy to the workday.
Enjoyed serving the kids
Child Nutrition Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Humble, TxApril 9, 2015
I enjoyed my job at the school. I enjoyed the kids and really liked what I was doing. I was moving up to be in Management. The hardest part was the cleaning for holidays and summer.
Pros
Good insurance; love serving
Cons
Not enough hours for a single mom
Great students, leadership from administration needs improvement
Retired (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 30, 2013
Long work days, 20 minute lunches, management could use improvement, co-workers were fantastic, students were fantastic, hardest part of the job was not much guidance or support from administrators, best part of the job was the students.
Pros
great students, great staff
Cons
poor administrative leadership, poor budget management
Working for Humble ISD. I learn some of my skills.
Head Cook & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 19, 2013
Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation.
Learn how to work as a team work
Management outstanding customer service.
Me and my co-workers worker together as a team and commutation with one another.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a long with each other.
Good Company
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 24, 2014
Drove students to school and home .
Personnel was nice.
Hardest part was getting up early and dealing with parents.
I liked working for the company but there was no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
off when students were off
Cons
not enough pay or oppuntunity for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humble ISD. Our community is ready to answer.