Hungry Fish Media is looking for its first in-house recruiter to develop and grow its recruiting efforts. Founded in 2009 Hungry Fish has grown from two people to over two hundred in less than four years. You will play an essential role in identifying people with a passion for technology, marketing, products or health/wellness. You will manage all recruiting efforts and champion Hungry Fish’s culture. To borrow a line from Google you will “find them, grow them, and keep them.” You will work as a liaison to local schools and a representative for Hungry Fish at events hosted by the Harvard Innovation Lab, MIT Media Lab, Cambridge Innovation Center, Mass Challenge, TechStars and other local start ups. This position demands an uncommon balance of creativity and drive, along with interpersonal savvy and basic analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains relationships with hiring managers, supervisors, department heads, and business partners.
- Collaborates with management and supervisors to identify personnel needs, establish recruitment plans to meet those needs, and implements those plans.
- Assists in developing job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills of new positions and updated positions.
- Recruits and manages applicants for multiple open positions, often between five and six at a time.
- Conducts initial resume reviews and/or interviews to gain a more comprehensive understanding of knowledge and abilities of potential candidates.
- Screens and refers candidates for additional interviews with managers and department heads.
- Develops and maintains contacts with colleges and other public organizations to find and attract qualified candidates.
- Makes public presentations at schools, organizations, and job fairs regarding our company and available open positions.
- Writes and places job advertising in various forms of media, primarily digital and social.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Minimum 5 years proven recruiting experience in a corporate environment implementing a wide range of staffing programs.
- Experience recruiting for online marketing, consumer web, and/or technology related fields.
- Knowledge of EEO, ADA and employment laws.
- Ideal candidate would have excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic. Ability to work in a team environment with a high sense of urgency.
- Passion for hiring creative and innovative people.
- Experience with recruiting information/applicant tracking systems a plus.
Apply for this position, or drop us a line to tell us about yourself. We are always looking for smart, talented people to become Fish.
Hungry Fish Media, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
About Hungry Fish Media:
Hungry Fish Media is an innovative, hybrid digital marketing company that leverages the wholesale model to develop mass-market consumer brands in the health and beauty space. Our brand incubation platform relies on scaled digital ad campaigns to catalyze demand and build brand equity. Online advertising enables us to test small, capture huge amounts of data and optimize both product and marketing strategies. We partner with traditional retailers, e-commerce companies and multi-channel retailers to penetrate multiple sale channels and achieve mass distribution for our products. Meanwhile we work to better understand the correlation between different types of digital media and the demand generated for products in-stores.