Excellent opportunity for a Virginia licensed foreclosure attorney with strong litigation skills and experience. Will oversee the foreclosure process until the foreclosure is completed. The Foreclosure Attorney will handle uncontested matters for the firm, with emphasis on preparation and review of sales related documents. THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CHARLOTTE, NC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation, review and approval of foreclosure sale related pleadings.
- Handle all aspects of uncontested foreclosure matters including Complaint, Motions and Final Judgment review and approval.
- May be required to attend mediations, telephonic hearings, in person hearings, motion calendar
- Prepare documentations for continuances and dismissals.
- Prepare and send other documents required for foreclosure processing.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to pass a background check.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree with a Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school required. Must be a member of the Virginia state bar, while maintaining all necessary licensing and continuing legal education requirements. Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with the foreclosure process required, experience with bankruptcy and evictions preferred. Must be familiar with foreclosure and real estate laws in Virginia, as well as possess the customer service skills needed to work well with clients.
Required: Microsoft Office: proficiency in Excel, Word
Preferred: Perfect Practice system
- Must possess strong organizational skills and have great attention to detail.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly, and to manage a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, clients, and law firm departments.
- Ability to write effective business communications for internal and external review.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, write, type, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.