Hunter Douglas Fabrication

Hunter Douglas Fabrication Employer Reviews

Assembling blinds
Duette Assembler (Former Employee), Cumberland, MDJune 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, holiday parties
Cons: management, breaks, raises
To start my day i would have to log in to my computer and start to scan the parts that can off the production line.Then i lay all parts to together and start assembling.I learned how to use electrical tools and read measurements.The hard part was standing in one spot and being pregnant with twins at the time.
Great place to work. Friendly, safe work environment.
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Cumberland MDDecember 18, 2013
Great place to work. Friendly, safe work environment. Employee safety, annual raises and employee appreciation are just a few reasons Hunter Douglas is a great place to work.
Fast paced environment
Finisher/Builder (Former Employee), Cumberland, MDOctober 21, 2013
Pros: fast paced
Cons: short breaks, long hours
I learned that when you can focus on your job that your work day can just breeze by and it is over before you know it. This company gets new employees almost every week so it was frustrating having to aid new employees constantly. I found that the management team was helpful with some situations, but they were not always available. My co workers were – more... wonderful for the most part. We all knew our jobs and what was expected. My hardest part of the job was being subjected to harassment and not having management help resolve the issue. – less
Family feel to the business.
Production Control Scheduler (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: family feel to work place.
Cons: n/a
Great work environment.
Positive management.
Family feel to business.
Effective communication is key.
Enjoyed working with people.
good steady job
Quality inspection on shutters (Former Employee), west sacramentoJune 13, 2013
Pros: long lunchs and alot of breaks
Cons: not enough pay
it was a very steady job but the pay was not very good, the people were ok a lot of rude people. a lot of people were not worried about their hygein
Good company, benefits and people
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee), Poway, CAMay 28, 2013
I enjoyed working here for over 20 years. Made many friends. Was able to grow in the company, very encouraging. I learned about credit & collections and became very good at my job.
The hardest part of the job was having to leave.
I enjoyed the daily tasks of cash posting, account reconciliations, and the challenges of finding solutions to satisfy the – more... customer to both our satisfaction. – less
Ok to work at for the first few months
Assembler (Current Employee), Cumberland, MDMay 8, 2013
Pros: decent pay for the surrounding area
Cons: short breaks, some poor management, lousy coworkers, mandatory weekends
There is constant redundant work most of the time. They have good benefits such as plt, 401, medical, dental, etc. Most of the coworkers are lazy while others work harder. Overall not the greatest place to work.
Great Team Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), CumberlandMay 21, 2012
Pros: the hours of operation
Cons: nothing bad about it
I enjoyed working at Hunter Douglas because they are pretty much a 9 to 5 weekends off Company with great benefits and a great team atmosphere to work in my co workers were great to work with. A typical day at work was pretty much sitting behind a desk waiting for the phone orders to come in. We were able to talk to each other while we waited. I learned – more... about Hunter Douglas window coverings and how they were made in the plant. I learned how to enter the orders into the processing system. Management is very team oriented at Hunter Douglas and they know exactly what type of people to look for to become part of the team. I learned there is not a problem there is a challenge everything can be fixed. My co workers were very welcoming when i was hired they showed me the ropes and we became friends. The hardest part of the job....There really wasn't a hard part of the job we were given everything we needed to assists us with processing the orders into the system with ease. I enjoyed everything about this job and had I not went back to school to further my career in the medical field I would still be working there to this day. I loved it and I recommend this place to anyone looking for work it is a great place to work. – less
Great company.
Customer Support (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 3, 2012
Pros: enjoyed the gifts we often got from our boss, talking to customer, taking orders
Cons: not enough work space, some weekend
It was diferent place to work we sold window coverings. It was amazing how many diferent looks and color you can cover your window with. I worked well with my co workers.