Hunter Douglas Fabrication Employee Reviews in United States

Great people to work with
Receiving Clerk, Warehouse Supervisor/Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 3, 2016
Hunter Douglas is a great place to work. Good co-workers. Good environment. Only problem is the pay. Management expects a lot more than what they're paying.
Pros
Good peoples, good benefits.
Cons
managements are cheap on compensating and appreciating employees
Nothing good about this job
Parker (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJune 9, 2016
The management is so pathetic you can work your butt off every day don't expect to get a review or a raise there Half the supervisors that work there unfortunately are alcoholics and are very uneducated would not recommend this job to anyone also you pay for benefits but when you need them they are very poor if there's anything else in Cumberland definitely do that before this job this is a very very poor job lot of labor nothing really good about it all also don't expect the other employees to help you out and believe me it's everyone for themselves there no one is really willing to help you out please do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Everything about this job is bad and Unfair
Good place to work with good management.
Assembler and Inspector (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 26, 2015
Assemble or inspect shades all day. You learn how to work proficiently in a fast paced environment. The management is great. They are understanding, fair, and eager to help. The co-workers are all so different. It has been fun working alongside them. They are friendly and are ready to accept you right away. You stand on your feet all day. and you do the same thing all day. With overtime you have to be at work as early as 3:50 or 4:50 A.M. It was nice to be able to go home every day at 2:20 and to be able to get really good at your specific position.
Pros
Good management, good co-workers
Cons
Work starts very early with overtime, On your feet all day
great staff
Blind assembler (Former Employee) –  sacramento caJuly 28, 2015
working in my assign station meeting my production numbers. I learned how to multitask and learn how to meet my daily goals. hardest part of the job was keeping up with production in a fast paced environment. Most enjoyable part was working with coworkers that were focus and professional
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
Easy work
Fabric Management (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJanuary 16, 2016
Loved managing fabric inventory. Co-workers cool. Learned how to make a window blind. Hours were 8, sometimes overtime.
Assembling blinds
Duette Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJune 25, 2014
To start my day i would have to log in to my computer and start to scan the parts that can off the production line.Then i lay all parts to together and start assembling.I learned how to use electrical tools and read measurements.The hard part was standing in one spot and being pregnant with twins at the time.
Pros
benefits, holiday parties
Cons
management, breaks, raises
Great Team Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CumberlandMay 21, 2012
I enjoyed working at Hunter Douglas because they are pretty much a 9 to 5 weekends off Company with great benefits and a great team atmosphere to work in my co workers were great to work with. A typical day at work was pretty much sitting behind a desk waiting for the phone orders to come in. We were able to talk to each other while we waited. I learned about Hunter Douglas window coverings and how they were made in the plant. I learned how to enter the orders into the processing system. Management is very team oriented at Hunter Douglas and they know exactly what type of people to look for to become part of the team. I learned there is not a problem there is a challenge everything can be fixed. My co workers were very welcoming when i was hired they showed me the ropes and we became friends. The hardest part of the job....There really wasn't a hard part of the job we were given everything we needed to assists us with processing the orders into the system with ease. I enjoyed everything about this job and had I not went back to school to further my career in the medical field I would still be working there to this day. I loved it and I recommend this place to anyone looking for work it is a great place to work.
Pros
the hours of operation
Cons
nothing bad about it
Ok to work at for the first few months
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDMay 8, 2013
There is constant redundant work most of the time. They have good benefits such as plt, 401, medical, dental, etc. Most of the coworkers are lazy while others work harder. Overall not the greatest place to work.
Pros
decent pay for the surrounding area
Cons
short breaks, some poor management, lousy coworkers, mandatory weekends
Fast paced environment
Finisher/Builder (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDOctober 21, 2013
I learned that when you can focus on your job that your work day can just breeze by and it is over before you know it. This company gets new employees almost every week so it was frustrating having to aid new employees constantly. I found that the management team was helpful with some situations, but they were not always available. My co workers were wonderful for the most part. We all knew our jobs and what was expected. My hardest part of the job was being subjected to harassment and not having management help resolve the issue.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Great place to work. Friendly, safe work environment.
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cumberland MDDecember 18, 2013
Great place to work. Friendly, safe work environment. Employee safety, annual raises and employee appreciation are just a few reasons Hunter Douglas is a great place to work.
Family feel to the business.
Production Control Scheduler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2013
Great work environment.
Positive management.
Family feel to business.
Effective communication is key.
Enjoyed working with people.
Pros
family feel to work place.
Cons
n/a
Good company, benefits and people
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMay 28, 2013
I enjoyed working here for over 20 years. Made many friends. Was able to grow in the company, very encouraging. I learned about credit & collections and became very good at my job.
The hardest part of the job was having to leave.
I enjoyed the daily tasks of cash posting, account reconciliations, and the challenges of finding solutions to satisfy the customer to both our satisfaction.
Great company.
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 3, 2012
It was diferent place to work we sold window coverings. It was amazing how many diferent looks and color you can cover your window with. I worked well with my co workers.
Pros
enjoyed the gifts we often got from our boss, talking to customer, taking orders
Cons
not enough work space, some weekend
good steady job
Quality inspection on shutters (Former Employee) –  west sacramentoJune 13, 2013
it was a very steady job but the pay was not very good, the people were ok a lot of rude people. a lot of people were not worried about their hygein
Pros
long lunchs and alot of breaks
Cons
not enough pay
Pleasant atmosphere
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cumberland MDAugust 6, 2014
Great company to work for. Great relationships with Managers, Coworkers and Customers.