Hunter Douglas

Hunter Douglas Employer Reviews

good job
Production-Assembly-Machine Operator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 17, 2015
I have experience with customer service, delivery, some sales, and communicating with all types of people. I am a fast learner with a flexible attitude.
Excellent Company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great people, great products
Cons: fire drill and deadlines tough from time to time
No two days are alike. Worked in the field and set my own schedule. Great sales job with good benefits. Traveled to customers and conducted work at customers place of business.
A great starting place for an Intern straight out of college
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Broomfield, COMarch 4, 2015
A typical day usually consisted of checking on your endurance tests that have been running overnight or several days. Pending the results of your check you'd then take the time to record the results, setup a new test, and write up the lab report.

What I learned at Hunter Douglas is how to conduct various test and how to manufacture test fixtures.

My co-workers were very knowledgeable and always willing to help when it was needed.

The hardest part of the job was setting up the tests and writing up the lab reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job was conducting the tests and fabricating the test fixtures.
Great Name - But....
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), BroomfieldMarch 2, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Questionable Leadership
Hunter Douglas is a company that provides its employees with great benefits and decent pay. Problem with Hunter Douglas is that if you are not part of the "Good Ole' Boys Club (VP's, Certain Managers, etc)" it is hard to move around and get noticed. Many "leaders" in the organization have been there for a long time and know how to play the HD system to help protect their jobs by throwing others under the bus. Its not how well you do your job its all about who you know!!
Hated it
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 12, 2014
Pros: ok money
Cons: horrible management
Horrible management. Favortism. Was demoted to make room for a teachers pet.
Good place to work, with focus on safety and incentive program.
Assembly line worker (Current Employee), Cumberland, MDNovember 11, 2014
Pros: worker incentive program
Cons: low yearly raises
I work in a assembly line. At Hunter Douglas we fabricate custom window treatments. I learned to works at a faster pace and complete jobs quickly and accurately. Each department is lead by a department manager, supervisor, and line lead. All departments are overseen by the plant manager. I get along with everyone I work with, and each of us work together to get the job done. There is no hard part of the this job, each department is broken down to make the job pretty simple. I enjoy providing customers with quality products.
co workers
Material Handler (Former Employee), Broomfield, COOctober 8, 2014
Hard to get along with, because there was a language barrier.
Good company to work for.
IT Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Broomfield, COOctober 8, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: job security
I enjoyed working for Coleman. Good management although the job security was not there after being laid off after working there just 6 months.
Globally strong company.
Employee (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: fellow employees
Cons: lack of vision, do as i say not as i do mentality. poor pay for amount of responsibility.
Locally management has no clue what actually goes on in the plant or how to focus on improving productivity,or employee moral. You would think if someone is your boss they would know how to do the job they are supervisor over but that isn't true. The plant pretty much is ran by hourly employees that do not make the money they deserve. Corporate are true professionals but locally management is out of touch.
Well organized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Stockton CAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: good employee discount in manufacturing
Always busy, trained to be a certified Installer/Dealer.
Giving technical supports to customers.
Helpful and supportive.
Friendly
Dealing with all kinds of Dealer/Decor
Communicating with different customers.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAJune 20, 2014
pay is low not enough hours in some season, but co worker are great
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions
Credit & Collections, Sr. A/R Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJJune 6, 2014
I worked at Hunter Douglas for 17 years. An overall excellent place to work.
Productive workplace, bad training
Printing Technician (Former Employee), Broomfield, COMay 1, 2014
Pros: learned how to make ink
Cons: short breaks, lack of training
I learned very little in 6 months, i wasn't trained very well. I did the same exact thing everyday, I'm looking for a different environment!
Productive work place
Customer Services Specialist (Former Employee), Doraville, GAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: they give everyone free turkeys every year for thanksgiving
Cons: we had (2) 15 mins. break and 30 mins lunch break
I really loved working at this company. Meeting all different kind of race and we all got alone very well.
hunter Douglas
Assembly/Inspector (Former Employee), Broomfield, COFebruary 18, 2014
At Hunter Douglas I worked for 2 years. I have experience in quality inspection and assembling. Consistently exceeds company standards, and productivity goals. I am passionate about manufacturing products that are the highest quality.
Miss it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Shannon, MSJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: lean manufacturing took a lot of good people.
Great place to be your home away from home. This company had something I've never found in another. They really seemed to care about their employees. I would go back in a heart beat. Layoffs affected people more than management will ever know.
Friendly and high culture
Quality Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: friendly, nice, and professional
Cons: large organization
Work culture at Hunter Douglas is very high and they really believe in being nice, friendly, and trust. Learned a lot from each of the departments there and teams are usually formed between multiple functions. Hardest part of the job would be finding the right people for the right resources because they are so large it is sometimes confusing.
Fun place to work with great friendly people
machine operator (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYNovember 28, 2013
Its a great environment, great people. I get to work find out which machines ill be operating and filling. Check them all periodically making sure the parts are sorted and worthy
Productive and Friendly enviornment
Sorter/ Pull Orders (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 28, 2013
Pros: heathcare
Cons: pay raise
Pull orders, cut ready slats to proper size on saw machine, paint ends of slats, finishing the blinds, pack and ship.
Learned how to keep organized workplace, track and log, inventory, along with all safety of my surroundings.
Managers were very helpful
Co-workers were very productive and always helpful
Hardest part of this job would be carrying heavy boxes constantly preping for orders.
Mostly everything was enjoyable at this workplace: Managers are friendly along with co-workers, HR are very helpful with keeping the workplace safe and clean, even just working was fun.
Crew Team Supervisor (Current Employee), Broomfield, CONovember 17, 2013
Good place to work, great benefits, nice people, great culture, value awards available, wonderful values

1 2 3

About Hunter Douglas

Don't move, Hunter Douglas has got you covered -- well, at least it has your windows covered. Hunter Douglas, the North American – Read more

Hunter Douglas Salaries