Hunter Douglas

Hunter Douglas Employer Reviews

Machine Operator (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAJune 20, 2014
pay is low not enough hours in some season, but co worker are great
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions
Credit & Collections, Sr. A/R Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJJune 6, 2014
I worked at Hunter Douglas for 17 years. An overall excellent place to work.
Productive workplace, bad training
Printing Technician (Former Employee), Broomfield, COMay 1, 2014
Pros: learned how to make ink
Cons: short breaks, lack of training
I learned very little in 6 months, i wasn't trained very well. I did the same exact thing everyday, I'm looking for a different environment!
Productive work place
Customer Services Specialist (Former Employee), Doraville, GAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: they give everyone free turkeys every year for thanksgiving
Cons: we had (2) 15 mins. break and 30 mins lunch break
I really loved working at this company. Meeting all different kind of race and we all got alone very well.
hunter Douglas
Assembly/Inspector (Former Employee), Broomfield, COFebruary 18, 2014
At Hunter Douglas I worked for 2 years. I have experience in quality inspection and assembling. Consistently exceeds company standards, and productivity goals. I am passionate about manufacturing products that are the highest quality.
Miss it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Shannon, MSJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: lean manufacturing took a lot of good people.
Great place to be your home away from home. This company had something I've never found in another. They really seemed to care about their employees. I would go back in a heart beat. Layoffs affected people more than management will ever know.
Friendly and high culture
Quality Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: friendly, nice, and professional
Cons: large organization
Work culture at Hunter Douglas is very high and they really believe in being nice, friendly, and trust. Learned a lot from each of the departments there and teams are usually formed between multiple functions. Hardest part of the job would be finding the right people for the right resources because they are so large it is sometimes confusing.
Fun place to work with great friendly people
machine operator (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYNovember 28, 2013
Its a great environment, great people. I get to work find out which machines ill be operating and filling. Check them all periodically making sure the parts are sorted and worthy
Productive and Friendly enviornment
Sorter/ Pull Orders (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 28, 2013
Pros: heathcare
Cons: pay raise
Pull orders, cut ready slats to proper size on saw machine, paint ends of slats, finishing the blinds, pack and ship.
Learned how to keep organized workplace, track and log, inventory, along with all safety of my surroundings.
Managers were very helpful
Co-workers were very productive and always helpful
Hardest part of this job would be carrying heavy – more... boxes constantly preping for orders.
Mostly everything was enjoyable at this workplace: Managers are friendly along with co-workers, HR are very helpful with keeping the workplace safe and clean, even just working was fun. – less
Crew Team Supervisor (Current Employee), Broomfield, CONovember 17, 2013
Good place to work, great benefits, nice people, great culture, value awards available, wonderful values
Bad Job
faux saw worker (Former Employee), Cumberland, MDNovember 8, 2013
Pros: money
I got Extremly sick within my first 90 days and was fired with a doctors note,
An enjoyable place to work
Repair Technician (Current Employee), Cumberland MdOctober 20, 2013
Pros: they have wonderful benifits
Cons: they don't give very big raises.
I repair shades that are returned by the customer. I am still employed there. I've learned a lot of patience working there. Its a job I have enjoyed. The people there have made the job fun and enjoyable. I've built the shades, I've finished the shades, and I now repair the shades.
lots of work Always changing
Shipping and Delivery Supervisor (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAOctober 7, 2013
good experience good people good way to develop procedures
Horrible!
Consumer Information Specialist (Former Employee), Broomfield, COOctober 4, 2013
Pros: good money, no nights or weekends
Cons: fake people, no direct vision within the call center environment and cliquey atmosphere
I was a hired as a temp. employee, and not even 2-months later, I was let go. The reasoning that they "gave" was that I was asking money from my fellow co-workers to start up a non-profit, and that I lied and deceived my peers that I had a stepfather who works within the company, and one of whom held a high-end position within said organization.

For – more... one thing, why would I ask for money from a company in which I'm trying to prove myself at and make a positive impression, and to start a non-profit nonetheless? Are you kidding me?

Secondly, I don't even have a stepfather, so I have no idea why this or how this even came about. Complete BS drama if you ask me. Something bigger is going on here, and some people have been within the same department for 10-years if not more, and they're still there; lack of advancement?

STAY AWAY from this organization, unless you want to be stabbed in the back and defamed for apparently no reason. I got along with everyone there, or so I thought. Fake people, lackadaisical management and dramatic high school atmosphere.

A few of my peers were pretty cool and fun both to chat with and learn from, but the majority of the people there had had so many personal problems going on, that it bled into their work lives, i.e. single motherhood issues and them being overly dramatic during innocent smalltalk and general conversation.

Look elsewhere!! – less
not hiring directly at this time
Scenic Carpenter (Current Employee), Broomfield, COSeptember 28, 2013
Hunter Douglas is on a hiring freeze and will only hire people through a staffing agency.
Great learning experience
Customer Service/Project Manager (Current Employee), Poway, CASeptember 9, 2013
In my time at Hunter Douglas/Nysan Solar Control, I have learned new skills developed new valuable abilities.
Extreme emphasis put on workplace safety.
Quality Assurance Manager (QA Manager) (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYAugust 8, 2013
Pros: fairly competitive wages and benefits for the local area.
Cons: the summertime heat in the production area is almost unbearable.
Fast paced and demanding environment. Very clever and ingenious products.
Managment Lacks Clear Strategy
Senior Manager (Current Employee), AsiaJuly 29, 2013
- Management has unclear strategy globally
- Poor Service
- Pricing Strategy is wrong
Comfortable work place.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJune 28, 2013
Completed claims and saved company money daily. Met deadlines, Worked with little or no supervision. Negotiated with homeowners daily to satisfy with the window coverings product. On a daily basis I learned to work independently as well as team work. Company made you feel as you are important and needed as a person. I lved going to work each day.
great
Lead Person (Former Employee), Verona, MSJune 19, 2013
Pros: the company give to their workers
Cons: lay off rate
i was at hunterdouglas 14 years the work is easy with great pay and benefits. the company take good care of their workers as they help them reach top level

1 2 3

About Hunter Douglas

Don't move, Hunter Douglas has got you covered -- well, at least it has your windows covered. Hunter Douglas, the North American – Read more