Hunter Douglas Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for
Inspection/ Product Processor (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 15, 2017
Great place to work. Lots of incentives. company picnics. they truly care about their employees. Good hours. Room for advancement. Great work environment.
Pros
Good hours, Work Enviroment
Cons
Pay could be a little higher
Would never recommend working here
Stacking (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 27, 2017
Unless it's your last option for a job, dont ever work here they lie to you stating you'll be bring in full time after 90days but I've seen a lot of temp employees their longer than 1 year, the pay sucks really bad no room for advancement and management don't give two cents about your opinion
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Too much overtime and low pay
Truth
Assembler/Helper (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJuly 16, 2017
I love all the co workers except the ones who runs the floor. You would feel as if you was being intimidated. Felt like they was rushing you all the time. Felt their was tension and favoritism. No one doesn't ever need to feel this way.
Not a great place to work.very inconsiderate to people with families.All they think about is work work work.2% pay raises if that.unorganized
Boxing (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCJuly 15, 2017
Great benefits .pay sucks.Unorganized.Messes up your pay.Very inconsiderate to people with families.Makes u work 50+ hours weekly and will call it mandatory . Nasty attitudes towards workers.Management is allowed to talk to u like dogs and even curse u out,but if u do the same u will be fired for insubordination.They'll tell u everything u want to hear but will never follow through on it.I would not let my dog work for them.Everyone have their picks.U can't go to human resources to talk about your problems.if u do u will get fired,or have a target on your back because the HR dept "assistant" will go and tell whomever u have a problem with.
Benefits
Cons
Nasty attitudes, inconsiderate, backstabbers
Low pay, little room to advance for production employees
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2017
If you start in production as a temp, then your pay begins at minimum wage. Once your permanent, you'll get a 50 cent increase. Once a year, raises are 2% to 3% depending on performance and your wage. Shift leads make $1 to $2 more than regular employees, therefore they should expect a lower percentage increase. Basically if you're a good employee who makes $10.50/hr, then you will get a 3% raise, but if you're a shift lead making $12.50/hr, then maybe you will get a 2.5% raise. This way all the good low-level employees will receive roughly the same 30 cent raise. Wages pretty much always stay just above minimum wage no matter how long you work there. I don't know how much Supervisors make, but the cars they drive look a little junky.

It's difficult to get fired from this job. Bosses expect quality over quantity, so they don't expect you to reach your quota every day. As long as you honestly try to reach your quota and make few mistakes, then you'll keep your job.

Production employees should work their way into management if they want to advance. Otherwise, they will need to get some education for any of the other positions. Maintenance guys typically have a 2-year degree. Tech guys have at least an associates. Programmers typically have a B. S.

If your uneducated, then the pay at this job is going to hurt you.
Pros
Reliable paycheck. Pretty decent people for a production job.
Cons
Pay too low.
productive workplace
hinger (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJune 20, 2017
i worked over night and liked my job very much. the pay was excellent. management was excellent ecspecially my supervisor. although i was let go for no reason at all
Poor Executive Management
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 17, 2017
Nothing ever done to boost employee morale. Dinging employees for being 1 minute late to work or lunch or breaks but also dinging the employee for punching in 1 minute early from lunch or breaks.
Very high turn over rate with very little room to grow and poor pay.
Pros
There was plenty of work to keep you busy but not overloaded
Cons
People, Management, Wages, Corporate Policies
Relaxed work environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYJune 5, 2017
It was a great place to work with intelligent people and great food provided for us. However, there was no flexibility with working from home or part time. Great quality product and nice clean offices.
Worst place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCMay 22, 2017
I have never work in a place so unorganized, or so poorly ran. When I started the company was good, but after a few years, everything went down hill. They hired people who they knew couldn't do the jobs and then they were paying these new people more than the employees who had been there for years. Although before I left the management had went straight in the toilet. They would not back you up if you had a problem, they would even go as far as to avoid coming out on the floor because they didn't want to deal with you or the problem. Not to mention that if you had a "bad seed" they would only help certain people get rid of their "bad seed", everyone else just had to suffer, even if that meant bad production, poor attendance, or even a hostile work environment. No one should ever have to work in such a hostile environment, like what I work in. It was just so uncalled.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Pay and work environment
A lot of opportunity for growth
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 8, 2017
A lot of opportunity for growth. Can also apply to different jobs within the company out of state if desired. May people have worked at the company for over 20 years.
Challenging
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDMay 8, 2017
Hunter Douglas is hard, physical work. You're on your feet all day with a strenuous production requirement. That being said, the company itself is great to work for. You're well compensated for the work, goals are clear, and the benefits are fantastic.
Great company values but bad management
Creative Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 20, 2017
I loved my job and the people I worked with but there were definitely some bad management decisions and maybe it was just my department. The culture was good overall and the benefits were amazing, however there was little hope of advancement and very political. Internal battles and drama were the norm and I always felt on edge.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management and little hope of advancement
fast pace and friendly work environment
shipping (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDApril 19, 2017
Hunter Douglas is a nice place to work they are a fast paced company that has high product demand and does great with getting their product finished and shipped
Good job
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYApril 10, 2017
I liked it and was a nice job to have, the employees are really friendly and fun to be around. Pay was decent and never had any issues out of the company
temporary job
Global staff (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, CO 80233April 5, 2017
great place to work, was not stable due to temporary positions. They tend to keep you as temp employment for as long as two years. Pay was not great and no benefits.
ok
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDMarch 10, 2017
It waqs just a job. It was work. I didnt get paid for the hard work I put it. The upper management had is out for me because of a relationship I had with another worker. I hated my job drugs were all through the place.
Pros
Cons
pay.
Began Great, Then Management changed
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDMarch 9, 2017
It was a great place to work and then manegment changed and it went from a family style work place to a "you are just a number" call center.

very disappointing
Pros
personal desk space
Cons
managment
fair
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2017
This was a great place to work at if I could of transfer to
Phoenix Arizona I would of definitely done it the experience there was new and I learned
So much more that I will be able to use in other jobs
Pros
everything was great
Cons
can't complaint
Great benefits and pay
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 7, 2017
Advanced in the implementation of Quality tools. Great benefits. Management is always thinking in the future and they support any continuous improvement idea.
Pros
Free lunches
Busy and good pay
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day of work at hunter Douglas is very busy and easy to catch on. It has good benefits but it's not very flexible with social life. It was not a bad job for me since I only lived a couple minutes away.
Pros
Holiday dinners
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hunter Douglas. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval