Hunter Engineering Company Employee Reviews

Very poor management
Cable Department (Current Employee) –  Raymond ,MSAugust 7, 2015
My thoughts of this company before I started was far greater than what I have found it to be. This is not a place I would retire and has not been a place of stability to provide for me and my family, currently I am Actively seeking employment outside of Hunter Engineering,
Pros
comfortable and clean place to work
Cons
very little room for advancement
Working with Hunters has been a good experience I guess because of the machines that I have work with.
Machine Operator/Assembly/Packer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 29, 2015
I have learn all the do's and don't when it comes to the machines I have worked with. The most enjoyable part of the the job is learning all the things I have learn.
Pros
is to be able to go to another job and know about machines.
Cons
to be able to work and have fun at the same time.
Sales Admin
Sales Admin (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, RIDecember 30, 2014
Office administrator and some paralegal work related to U.S.D.O.T. transportation laws. Accounting clerk, sales and marketing, produce GBC Proposals, work on an intranet and the internet. Stay abreast of latest technology, iPad, iPod, smartphone techy. Create spreadsheets and use for mail merges to prospect for new clients. Travel to trade shows like SEMA in Las Vegas, hands on, do anything for my boss type of job.
Pros
travel, meeting owners of automobile establishments, being a girl friday assisting where and when needed
Cons
work alone, must rely on own judgment and skills to get the job done 90% of the time
Independent contractor.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MODecember 23, 2014
The independent nature was great. Responsibilities involved securing and maintaining relationships with customers. I also had to develop and maintain distributor and national account relationships.
I learned a great deal about independent productivity, developing and presenting proposals, interacting with upper management, negotiating, and closing sales.
The hardest part of the job was maintaining a network of demonstration venues as logistics were not conducive to maintaining my own demonstration equipment.
The best parts of this job were the independence of answering, primarily, to myself. I also enjoyed the constant interaction with a variety of customers, developing proposals/presentations, following the sales process to conclusion, and the satisfaction of a successful customer.
Pros
independence, compensation
Cons
no retirement or insurance benefit participation by the company.
good company, good people
Quality Coop (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSMay 22, 2014
enjoyed working here. people very personable and easy-going. learned alot about quality
Best place I have ever worked
Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2014
Small dept. team. Solid company. Great place to develop your skills.
Nice place to work
Production Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSFebruary 5, 2013
Very good people.. A lil too strict on warehouse employees conversing. They want you to be quiet for the whole 9hr shift... Training not up to par, but overall excellent company.
Pros
treat employees very well
Cons
training not adequate

Comment – June 16, 2013

i agree with that comment about this company .. it is a nice place to work but they are "scary" to me if you ask me .. their quiet all day and only certain people talk to each other its like grown women in clans .. the training .. yeah.

Summer Associate
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2012
A great job to work at for the summers between high-school and college
good place to work
Fitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Durant, MSJuly 29, 2012
welding of small parts using blueprints. being productive and consistent
Pros
good for beginners
Cons
n/a
Excellent job
Equipment Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2012
Great opportunity for self starters.
must be able to learn fast and make good daily records and logs.
Pros
self employed
Cons
you are on your own