HUNTER ENGINEERING Employee Reviews

Poor concerns of employees
Final Assembly Inspector (Current Employee) –  Raymond, MSSeptember 1, 2017
Have no respect when it comes to issues that an employee may have on the job. If you have an issue and inform your supervisor or manager, it will do no good. Nothing is never done about issues you may have on the job. I an individual talk to a manger about an issue, it already back out on the floor before you make it back to your work area. It's extremely sad. The management is so poor that a 15 year old could do a better job.
Decent pay
Painter (Former Employee) –  Durant, MSAugust 1, 2017
The company layoff a lot, no stability. It was very hot and the managers were not friendly. Minimum interaction with management. The company layoff at least twice a yr.
N/a
Assembler (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSJune 13, 2017
They say if you have nothing good or positive to say.....then don't....I enjoyed working with my co workers each and every day I was there...it was an experience.
easy work, low pay
Field Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 5, 2017
They have low expectations at the service center and you get paid for low expectations. It is laid back and easy work and is a good job out of high school, but not a good end game.
Pros
discount on car care
Cons
pay
Middle of the road.
Senior Engineering Designer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 14, 2017
Poor Management, poor task assignments, poor follow up, poor QA/QC, poor relations between management and employees. Poor benefits. No weekly team meetings, no yearly employee evaluations, no pay increase perspectives.
It was a very good company. Compensation was excellent based on your sales. All expenses was my responsibility
Manufacturers Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 30, 2016
I was an independent sales representative at Hunter Engineering. Much of my day consisted of visiting customers and demonstrating our equipment. The downside is much time is spent in the car.
Summary
Maintenance Technicain Assistant (Current Employee) –  MississippiOctober 19, 2016
A typical day. What I learned. Managment. My co workers. Hardest Part. The most enjoyable part. Not personal information was given here.
Great Company
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSSeptember 15, 2016
I was an assembler at this company. Company was close to home; If the company didn't have a layoff, I would still be an employee of this company: Would love to work there again
Good commission sales position.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North DakotaAugust 12, 2016
All you need to do is get out of the house and meet with your customer's. You get a geographically protected territory, and your efforts will result in sales. They are the absolute best at what they build, everyone knows it, so just show up - work with the customer's needs - and the sales will follow. Your competitors say stuff like, "we are just like Hunter", but you will never find yourself making a comparison to them. Never.
Your boss will not hold your hand, you just need to ask if you need help. If you are mature, can be responsible with your time if not micromanaged, then this job will work for you.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
You are a 1099 employee - or a subcontractor, so no benefits. That is why the money is good.
Hunter is an awesome place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSJune 3, 2016
The pay was great for an easy job. Co workers were friendly and management was good. Room for advancement. Great training.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 16, 2016
Hunter Engineering is a great place to work. The company has great benefits such as time sharing, medical, paid time off (PTO) and excellent retirement benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Micro Managing
Be cautious - company is changing
Middle management (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2016
There are many good employees but management is poor. They hide bad information from the owner to avoid conflict. New generation values new ideas (young employees) over experience. Be careful if your job entails having to deal with middle and upper management.
hunter is fair and considerate
Assembler/Forklift Certified (Current Employee) –  raymond ms.April 27, 2016
Hunter is a awesome company to work for. Hunter is a team oriented company. Hunter predicates itself on quality but allows the patience to achieve its goals
Poor management, poor salesman, poor leadership organizational wide
Service Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 9, 2016
You DO NOT want to work for this company. Service rep position is commissionable work only! If the customer does not pay you don't look to anyone to help you collect! You provide the services and parts up front and wait on payment. Not worth the time or money. If salesman is not selling equipment in your area, again, you are not making any money!
Pros
Cons
Long waits on payments from customers, no help from leaders in the company, leaders in company do not listen to concerns
Its a positive work environment that has supportive coworkers.
Mechanical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 6, 2016
Hunter Engineering is a family owned business. This is reflected in how they take care of their employees. The environment is very supportive for creative thinking. Hunter engineering is always looking to push the leading edge of automotive service equipment.
Pros
Has on-sight gym.
Cons
The schedule is not very flexible.
Productive, Safe, and Challenging
Welder (Current Employee) –  Raymond, MSDecember 15, 2015
My place of employment is a very fun, safe, and productive environment. My co workers is very easy going, I enjoy my job, because its very challenging, to carry me to the next step in my career.
Pros
Community Service, Food drive, Clothes drive, for families in need .
Cons
The job doesnt offer many hours
Good place to work if you are looking for something while furthering you education
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 14, 2015
This job pays pretty good. The Union is horrible, they raise the union dues and then they do not back you when you need them unless it is an easy case. They have grievances against the company every day. When you walk in the door, everything that you were taught for common sense throw it out the window, everything works backwards there. Management except for a few need to be replaced, there have been grievances against them also. Human Resources will try every way to fire you if you stand up to them or if they do not like you.
production is fun always pushing for more
Machine Operator/Setup (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSApril 16, 2015
i learn to set-up machines break them down and put them back together at a fast pace ensure that production is made They always made their employee feel like family.The hardest part was learning to set-up but once i learn it was simple.
Pros
free food when production is made
Cons
short breaks
Nice enviornment to work in
Material Handler/Shipping and paintin (Current Employee) –  Durant, MSFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day at work would be, a hard days work 10rs a day. I've learned a lot there, like driving forklifts and handling machines. Management is ok and I get along with my co workers. The hardest part of my job is not getting enough hours. But I enjoy it because I like what I do and the pay is decent.
Pros
They feed us lunch every once in a while
Cons
short breaks
Great working environment always meeting new clients and customers.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CADecember 10, 2014
In a typical day at work we deal with a wide range of clients from Mercedes dealerships to your everyday mom and pop tire shop. I get to learn and utilize great customer service skills and well as problem solving techniques. My co worker (my boss) is a hardworking man who I admire. The hardest part of my job would be the long working hours with no breaks sometimes.
Pros
Great environment doing what I love.
Cons
Short or No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HUNTER ENGINEERING. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9