Hunter Roberts Construction Group Employee Reviews

Great company
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2017
Great company to work for. This place does a great job on making sure that all employees continue to develop through training and allowing for additional responsibility as part of on the job training.
constrution managment... not much more
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2017
NT based organization that was started by a former employee of a major construction firm that has many great managers and systems that allow it to do it job very well, but the industry is very competitive and sales are well ok.
Pros
good place to learn
Cons
and move on from
Productive Atmosphere
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2016
Learned about the industry from experienced executives, that took time to teach and mentor individuals. Diversity culture encouraged new ideas from employees.
Excellent job, great introduction to the construction and contracting world.
Purchasing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2016
I was able to assist the purchasing agents of the company in hiring subcontractors for every trade of every job that Hunter Roberts was managing as a firm. Strengthened skills in communication and organizing while learning a lot about the field of construction management.
Opportunity for Growth
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2015
Fast paced work environment with lots of opportunity to learn and grow. The company management was top heavy and this slowed down productivity.
Great Learning Experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  NYDecember 8, 2014
• Established document control procedures, project schedule, financial management, conducting to quality assurance inspections and monitor safety preplan measures. Managed the selection and procurement of necessary third party consultant services. Assisted in negotiating the terms and conditions of all resulting agreements, and assemble contracts.
• Monitored progress relative to the project schedule. Provided monthly updates to ensure coherent sequencing and logic, and compliance with contractual milestone requirements. Proactively identified and mitigate areas of potential Owner related decisions.
• Coordinated project sign off and turn over. Closeout of all governing agencies permits, third party consultants, commission and ownership training.
Good Company, bad management
Project Mgr (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
This company has to change its culture if it ever wants to keep employees. Higher wages go to the people who never do any work, the actual hard workers are paid less than others. Upper mgmt is not the problem but its the mid level mgrs who are the worst, they do no work but take credit for everything. This company is very closed minded and does not adjust well to change. They also show very little appreciation for hard working individuals unless you are a Project exec. The average employee only works here for 1-2 years until a better opportunity is found. No one wants to train you on the systems for fear of they may be replaced.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Low salary, bad mgmt, not a friendly environment
Fact paced workplace with good people
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Overwhelming at times, but rewarding. A good balance of office and field work.
Pros
Flexible management
Cons
long hours, compensation
.APM Expectations
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2013
Assistant Project Manager responsible to complete task assigned to me (once explained). Compare Drawings and Specs as revisions are made. Interior change order review. Keep files organized. Worked on logistics and planning. Worked on LEED documentation and helped with close-out procedures. I have learned to ask questions. Co-workers are great to work with, everyone has different experience they can bring to a project. Most enjoyable part of the jobs is acquiring more knowledge, continuing to learn and grow.
Fun place to work
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2012
A typical day is dealing with sub-contractors seeking payment on work complete.

Organization of your work is key and very important.

High class management skills
Productive and fun place to work with great advancement opportunities
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2012
I was the Project Administrator of the construction site.
I learned how to use the CMIC construction data base and vela tablets for punch list.
The management team was really great to work for.
The hardest part for me was I couldn't get a permanent position with the company because I was put into the position through a temporary agencies and before my assignment was over there weren't any admin positions available.
The most enjoyable part of my day was watching the school developing together with the work that I did and the laborers did as well.
Good place to work.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  New York NY.July 31, 2012
Supervising Carpenters and laborers concrete footers and cason pores.
Pros
free lunches, working with professional people.
Cons
the job did not last long.
An excellent internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2012
I worked at HRCG for a summer as an intern. It was an excellent summer internship for a student. I would, however, recommend that you be some one focused on project management instead of actual engineering for the HRCG internship.
Learning experience
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2012
I knew more when I was let go than I did when I started with the company.
Great Enviornment, even better location
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2012
Great experience with great co-workers. Would recommend to potential job seekers.
Pros
location
Cons
tough commute from long island