Hunterdon Health Care Employee Reviews

Stressful job
Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJOctober 2, 2017
Worked overnight shift and worked long hours. I was expected to work for 10 hours each day for 8 hours pay. Managers were not willing to come in and take over care of your patients so that you could go home after working all night long! This added to the stress of working in a hostile environment at times with nurses and medical doctors who were not willing to work for your patients together. The hours were difficult and the managers were not willing to allow you to function as a human being while working six to seven days per week as crisis counselor.
Some of the nurses and doctors cared for the patients that we were all responsible for. Some did not care about any of the patients that we were all responsible for. The latter group of nurses and medical doctors are what made the jobs so difficult. The managers were stressed and passed their stress down to the line staff who were actually doing an excellent job of caring for the patients that we served. I took great pride in working with the patients at this community screening center for close to twenty years.
Pros
Downtime and working relationship with some nurses, and doctors.
Cons
No sleep and no rest even when your shift was scheduled to end.
Good place
Kitchen Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJSeptember 25, 2017
Hunterdon Health Care is a hospital. Working there is fine but it is more for entry level staff. It was a long time ago that I worked there so rating and reviewing may not apply now.
benefits
Great environment and culture
Nurse Intern (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Hunterdon was my first job in health care and it was a great place to learn. Now that I got my nursing license I would love to stay there where I am conformable and know the staff.
Hmc
Evening Unit Coordinator in the Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJAugust 29, 2017
Would recommend to anyone who has a desire to be in healthcare at any point in their career. It truly was a wonderful environment to work, co-workers included
Good Place to Learn
Internship-Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJAugust 21, 2017
Great place to learn and further your education

Friendly management, work well together

Very busy days

Love working with the patients both in and out patients.
Loved working in the Emergency Department Registration
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJAugust 19, 2017
Would have loved to stay but no room for advancement. There were issues with coworkers that were not addressed by management, which made this job uncomfortable at times.
Managed unit floor and important paperwork
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJAugust 13, 2017
An environment where you get to learn about different professions in the health care field and their overall responsibility to patients. Dealing with paperwork, doctors, nurses, etc was important and having good communication and organization skills is a must. It was enjoyable and I got to learn a lot a lot how the process in the hospital works.
not incentives
Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 31, 2017
This company work environment is average, but not way to grow up as a professional. Neither salaries.
Managers look your mistakes more instead of your achievements and good actions.
Busy workplace.
RN (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 29, 2017
Management was ok. Multi tasking heavy patients in various units with little help made the work environment unfair. This facility is desperate and needs to staff appropriately.
Healthcare Facility
Medical Imaging Registrar (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 27, 2017
Fast paced. Hardest part of the job is something happening at work and I can't really go home and talk about it because of HIPPA. I have learned to be very patient as I see about 150-200 patients a day. The most enjoyable part would probably be helping so many people when they aren't feeling well and just seeing them smile.
Very dedicated staff
Assistant Director, Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 24, 2017
Staff in clinical and non-clinical areas were very dedicated to the job. For a small community hospital HMC has alot of activities in several western New Jersey counties
Very exciting and fast paced environment.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 23, 2017
This was a challenging job with a lot of new information, very tough hours and difficult, emotional patients to handle. Very rewarding personally, being able to help.
Pros
Rewarding learning experience
Cons
Sometimes violent patients
It's ok as long as they keep you in there budget if not your fired
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 19, 2017
I had no issues with other staff members I did my job just not cheap enough have nothing more to say indeed is making me put 150 caricatures in l enjoyed transporting the specimens
Pros
Got paid
Cons
Gave my job to someone else and laid me off the next minute
Fast paced and innovative
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJune 27, 2017
The hospital offers a great working environment. Staff are very knowledgable in their fields and are pleasant to work with. There is definitely a lack of communication experienced between different shifts that does occasionally make the tasks harder.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Health insurance lacking
best part is helping people
Tray Passer (Former Employee) –  flMay 31, 2017
Simply put-a person can only do so much. It was very disappointing to have to run around like crazy while others (actually I should say favorites) were allowed to stand around! What really gets to m is that management has no idea who is responsible for what. Like that tv show UNDERCOVER BOSS,, management should undergo what its like in every positon! There were very few days that I got to take a 15 minute break let alone a lunch!
Pros
helping patients
Cons
to many to list
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 24, 2017
Must have great interpersonal skills and a positive attitude. Staff is very welcoming as well as visitors. Must be able to follow confidentially rules.
Good entry level with fine coworkers
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 16, 2017
A decent starting salary. Face paced. Good team work with coworkers. Very crowded work area. Could use much more space. I could have used an assistant due to fast pace of work.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short breaks
Not a positive experience
hospital staff (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 11, 2017
Staff is usually stressed out. Morale is low. Work load increases with less staff members. Not a bad starting place for recent graduates with no experience, but not recommended for long term employment or for people with experience from larger hospital networks.
Pros
always lots of overtime
Cons
Difficult to get time off
Had fun as team-player and helping patients get well and recover.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJApril 12, 2017
I liked helping patients and being a part of their journey to recovery and seeing a smile on their face; but the hardest part was, after forming a relationship with a patient that was terminally ill and then, watching them pass away.
Some of the staff members are great.
Medical Lab Assistant/Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJApril 10, 2017
If you don't play by the rules and try to implement new ideas to improve methods of work, one is consider an insubordinate. For learning purposes, try to get your foot in the door. Be wise on comments to others as this place is slow in diversity changes.
Pros
End of shift.
Cons
No breaks on night shift due to small staff.