Hunterdon Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Values work life balance
Vice President of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJFebruary 24, 2016
Excellent staff committed to the patients and the community. Mission focused in all decisions. Provides a quality caring patient experience. Physicians expertise and coordination are superior.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Commute
decent place
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJDecember 4, 2014
if your into the security industry and live in the north jersey area this is a company worth checking into .friendly atmoshere
Pros
good benefits, incentives
Cons
long hours during snow storms
Professional Institution
Director of Safety and Security (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJSeptember 15, 2014
The facility has grown over the past 20 years adding beds and new medical services for the surrounding community. The center is one of the largest employers around and many people seem to stay once they have hired on.
Pros
good friendly people
Cons
compensation was lower than surrounding hospitals.
Great place to work, left because family was trasnferred to San Antonio
LVN - Special Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJOctober 16, 2013
Lots of learning experiences both on the job and informal lunches where the Dr.s came in with food and drink and discussed a specific topic as it related to the Special Care Unit. Great benefits and opportunities to expand education. Nurse and pt ratio realistic. A team approach was encouraged.
Pros
one mile from home
Cons
being on call
Good leaning hospital. Not good for permanent employment.
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunterdon health careAugust 11, 2015
Good company to work for supportive employees.Good stepping stone hospital but no room to advance.Fellow employees were pleasant to work with. The upper management and supervisors were not very friendly.
it came to be a money hosptail
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJAugust 8, 2015
HMC build in 1955 and I was one of the baby born there in
1957....my mom work there ....it was a family place to work they
treat you like one of the family ....
now as the year want by it was growing
(Im closing my old door in medical field and opening new door
in my life working as a office clerk or any place that have
data entry ....or any kind of aid (like I a day care of adult)
Hands on and fast paced
Collecting and assisting (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 31, 2015
My day consisted of dealing with patient accounts, taking payments, giving out insurance/health coverage information, translating in doctors offices and help filling out and approving Hospital Assistance programs. I took care of inquiries and payment plans over the phone.
Professional work environment
Patient Transport, Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJApril 25, 2014
Following a routine when arriving at work every day kept the unit running efficiently with little error. I have gained knowledge of generalized medical terminology and understanding of why certain labs and test be ordered. Our unit had great teamwork with very knowledgable staff who went above and beyond their scope of practice. There were stressful days with an overwhelming amount of work, but very satisfying at the end of the shift with everything accomplished. The managers and supervisors knew how to run the unit and made coming into work an enjoyable experience. Also, birthdays, holidays and personal accomplishments were celebrated.
Pros
job advancement, clean work place
Cons
busy, sloppy handwriting
Productive and balanced
Student clinicals (Former Employee) –  flemmington, njJuly 9, 2015
Lovely place to do student clinicals, with lovely people to work with. Nothing physically demanding and a very helpful staff.
fun workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJApril 30, 2015
I liked working for the hospital. I would clean rooms and different parts of the hospital. Management was very nice and easy going. Co-workers was welling to help out when they could.

Want to know more about Hunterdon Health Care?

Ask a question
High paced in-patient pharmacy
In-patient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJApril 11, 2012
There was never a typical day in this pharmacy. One can never tell the types of needs for hospital patients when there is an emergency room. There were daily rounds of deliveries to various wards. Often times there were reports and logues that needed to be reviewed or results delivered. The individuals on this team were extremely hard working and professional. The most enjoyable part of this job was working in the clean room. I learned the most from that department. This experience was positive and educational and is the reason I dedicate my professional career to pharmacy.
Love the people
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJAugust 25, 2014
Working with the community at HMC was always an enjoyable experience. The days were long and grueling sometimes, but it always balanced itself out and ended up being worth all the headaches. Excellent company to work for if you're looking to learn all aspects of IT, they take the "teaching hospital" mentality and bring it to IT which is always helpful.
Pros
good people
Cons
not very accommodating on work/life balance
Great learning environment
Clinical Internship (Former Employee) –  NJApril 26, 2014
I learned so much from my supervisor. She was amazing. I followed her around while she saw patients. I got to fill out patient charts, and she let me talk to some patients too. I couldn't tell the state of the management team, but I saw that the employees were stressed because of management decisions. I really enjoyed seeing patients eager to learn almost as much as I enjoyed learning from the woman I was following.
Pros
teaching environment, relatively small facility
Cons
no free food
Registrar for busy radiology department
Medical Imaging - Registrar (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJanuary 17, 2013
Responsible for scheduling outpatient studies for the Department of Medical Imaging. This includes radiology, mammography, CT scan, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, cardiovascular testing, and pulmonary function, EEG, and sleep lab studies. Coordinate procedural coding and insurance pre-certification requirements with referring physician practices and third party payors for the above tests. Provides information to patients and their families, and communicates with interdepartmental and intradepartmental personnel, as well as referring physician practices. Register outpatients in the HIS for the above tests.
Excellent work environment with great co workers
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJApril 16, 2013
I gained valuable experience at Hunterdon Medical Center with the help of my superiors and co workers. HMC offers a very stress free atmosphere with strong moral and ethical values. I learned accuracy is far more important than speed (quality over quantity). The most enjoyable part of the job for is trying to find the root cause of variances of various accounts, figure what caused them and how to avoid this in the future. My managers are very instructive and were not afraid to offer congratulations for a job well done.
Pros
flexible hours, strong family values
Cons
youngest in dept by 20 years, bad health plan
Hunterdon Medical Center
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJNovember 25, 2012
Hunterdon Medical Center has been a positive experience for me. It has provided exposure to facets of heathcare that I would have never experience if not for this position. Never having worked in purchasing, especially for healthcare, the position has showed me the value of the people "behind" the hospital.

My day consisted of purchase orders for needed items, assisting buyers, assisting the director, and approving invoices for payment - all important facets of any hospital and any buisness that is growing.
Pros
discounted lunches, family values
Cons
short lunches
Completely satisfied with the entire staff. The hospital core values drives me to work harder.
Sr. Sterile Processing Technician, Certified (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 13, 2012
Surgery begins at 8 am and may finish by 10pm. Whichever area I have assigned, I work as hard as I can until I leave. Whether I am decontaminating, cleaning, assembling, or processing, I love the fact that my hand has been involved in a successful outcome. There is no hard part of the day when you take pride in working hard all day.
Volunteering...
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJAugust 5, 2014
My time volunteering for HMC was both rewarding and fun, as it allowed me to experience different aspects of the work that departments engaged in. Learning from this, I was able to get my job as a Sterile Processing Technician. The staff were very good to me at the time, and I will always remember my time spent there.
Fun environment. Flexible schedule. Clients nice to work with.
Physical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 17, 2012
Overall, a nice place to work. The client base is a pleasure to work with. The co-workers are team oriented. The schedule was flexible in case of any unfortunate personal occurrences.
Pros
decent pay, friendly co-workers, flexible scheduling.
Cons
understaffed at times, not enough managment
productived fun place to work
Mailroom Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 1, 2013
Good place to work.Alot of good people. learn alot since being there. good management and easy to talk too.
Pros
meeting good people
Cons
hard to advance

Hunterdon Health Care Reviews by Location