Hunting Energy Services Employee Reviews

Poor management
Production Operator II (Former Employee) –  Milford, TXJuly 26, 2017
Management is nothing but a bunch of snakes. Nothing they say can be trusted. They play favorites and talk bad about everyone. The pay is terrible and the day shift has ungodly hours.
Great Place to work
Machinist/ Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2017
By far the best place that I have worked. Pay was great, The people were Great, The Beneifts were great. Hard work but Enjoyed learning about the oil Fields. Hope to get called back...
productive and great place of work
SMT Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2017
work environment was professional great people to work with management was professional .good benefits including health life insurance 401 k. timings were great too
Dedicated people making a great product
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDFebruary 26, 2017
Successful company, producing great products for oil field drilling and well completion projects. Intelligent, dedicated people, providing drillers with transportation of tools and ingenuity of oil field advances. Great Experince.
divertido muy bueno con muchos beneficios
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2017
El mejor lugar para crecer con un ambiente de trabajo emocional lo mejor que me pudo pasar en mi vida amo a Hunting energy service rankin road
Pros
seguro medico muy bueno
Cons
inestablilidad lavoral
Work environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LADecember 25, 2016
I would not recommend working in maintenance.
If you have machinist qualifications then i would recommend this company.
If you don't stay busy, it makes for a long day.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Maintenance Supervisor sucks
Great Company
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2016
I have been working with Hunting for over 10 years.
Great growth potential if your willing to grow with the company.
Awesome management.
Pros
Best medial insurance, 401k, paid vacation
Cons
No Cons
Family Atmosphere
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 8, 2016
Good place to work. You get to see and experience many different aspects of what goes into the process of manufacturing oilfield tools. I would recommend to someone looking for a place of employment.
Pros
Benefits package and ease of taking time off
Cons
Management keeps people in the dark.
Good place to start a career
Lead Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 3, 2016
this company was great to start off at in the oil field however rate of pay, lack of appreciation for employee values. general manger needed to replace some people sneaking by
Pros
long hours lots of over time
Cons
horrible managment
good work place and honest people
MANUAL MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 31, 2016
my day would start at 5:45 am I would go to my work station with coffee in hand. Then I would turn on my machine so it would be ready at 6. To start operations for the day. the part scheduler would bring my days work load to me and I would start repairing old parts. The management was the best I have ever had they would teach you anything you where willing to learn. Coworkers where friendly. My favorite pat of the job was every thing and my machine
Pros
good people
Cons
oil field
laid back
pipe straightner/process and finishing (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAAugust 19, 2016
nice oilfield company to work for good hours get paid weekly nice benefits a with a set work schedule 11 hr days 1hour lunches good company
Stiffling upper management that crippled any ability to be productive, great machinists, welders, and middle management though
Process Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXJuly 23, 2016
Started my day by staring at my computer wondering if I would be allowed to be productive by upper management. Whenever the opportunity presented itself to solve smaller production problems that would go under their notice I would take it. It was nice to help the machinists, welders, and middle managers. Many people were friendly and fun to work with and were genuinely interested in improving their work. Most of my projects were never funded, pursued, and some were actively stopped. Doing 3-6 months of work to have every project for a year straight be shelved was frustrating. Benefits are good for family people, but would not recommend as many of my coworkers agreed that finding someone better would be worth the extra time.
Pros
Health care and some coworkers
Cons
Upper management
Energetic and Friendly
Quality Assurance MUD Motor Inspector (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 27, 2016
A day at Hunting is very fast pace work environment. Very demanding but well controlled with the people who run it. Management can be a bit nervous at times come with the scrutiny of the job. Co-workers are well rounded people for the most part. Hardest thing about working at Hunting is prepping and cleaning the motors for inspection. I would say the less challenging thing at Hunting would be the Overhead Crane.
Great Company
Distribution Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 6, 2016
The company provided me the opportunity for growth. They respected my ideas and input. I had very little idle time which was great,
self motivated stress free enviroment
Facility Manager/Field Sales/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2016
Typical day was making office visits and phone calls to existing or future customers.
What I learned from management is proper approach to new customers body language and appearance is the first impression. Also new technical knowledge about our product from work done in the field.
Co-workers were always supportive in any question that I may have.
Most difficult part about the job I experienced was selling products to a small market during the oilfield downturn.
Most enjoyable part about the job was the opportunity to meet and greet new people on a weekly basis, and also the ability to be home with family every night.
Cool place to work !
technician / laser technition (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 27, 2016
Nice workplace, needs better management in one single dept. But overall great place to work.
Very productive and fun workplace and yes they do have a ping pong table ! Cool !!!
Stafford location horrible.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 4, 2016
Worst experience of professional career. Management lacks any type of skill. In their eyes everyone is replaceable. They show heavy favoritism for promotions and raises. President has a horrible vision for the company; he has no experience and only thinks of what makes him look good. HR manager is no better. She has two family members working there and has protected them through rounds of lay offs. Her husband was "hired" a week before first round and still remains. It could be great but until current leadership is replaced and they truly support their people it will remain a backstabbing only out number one type of place. The good people are getting out quickly.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything. Terrible environment.
Ideal Small-Town Company
R&D Software/Firmware Developer (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXApril 23, 2016
Environment is pretty relaxed. Everyone is very friendly. It is tied to the fluctuations of the oil industry, so keep that in mind.
Productive, Caring company
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Pampa, TXApril 19, 2016
I work with many motivated employees and have excellent supervisors. I have been trained to run many different lathes, and mills.
Well balanced company, treats personnel with respect.
Shipping and Receiving Inspector (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAMarch 13, 2016
This company was truly worth working for 20+ years. Management at the facility level was outstanding. This company takes safety seriously and effortlessly.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Salary could have been more after 20+ years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hunting Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Hunting Energy Services Reviews by Location