Hunting Energy Services Employee Reviews

laid back
pipe straightner/process and finishing (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAAugust 19, 2016
nice oilfield company to work for good hours get paid weekly nice benefits a with a set work schedule 11 hr days 1hour lunches good company
Stiffling upper management that crippled any ability to be productive, great machinists, welders, and middle management though
Process Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXJuly 23, 2016
Started my day by staring at my computer wondering if I would be allowed to be productive by upper management. Whenever the opportunity presented itself to solve smaller production problems that would go under their notice I would take it. It was nice to help the machinists, welders, and middle managers. Many people were friendly and fun to work with and were genuinely interested in improving their work. Most of my projects were never funded, pursued, and some were actively stopped. Doing 3-6 months of work to have every project for a year straight be shelved was frustrating. Benefits are good for family people, but would not recommend as many of my coworkers agreed that finding someone better would be worth the extra time.
Pros
Health care and some coworkers
Cons
Upper management
Energetic and Friendly
Quality Assurance MUD Motor Inspector (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 27, 2016
A day at Hunting is very fast pace work environment. Very demanding but well controlled with the people who run it. Management can be a bit nervous at times come with the scrutiny of the job. Co-workers are well rounded people for the most part. Hardest thing about working at Hunting is prepping and cleaning the motors for inspection. I would say the less challenging thing at Hunting would be the Overhead Crane.
Great Company
Distribution Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 6, 2016
The company provided me the opportunity for growth. They respected my ideas and input. I had very little idle time which was great,
self motivated stress free enviroment
Facility Manager/Field Sales/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2016
Typical day was making office visits and phone calls to existing or future customers.
What I learned from management is proper approach to new customers body language and appearance is the first impression. Also new technical knowledge about our product from work done in the field.
Co-workers were always supportive in any question that I may have.
Most difficult part about the job I experienced was selling products to a small market during the oilfield downturn.
Most enjoyable part about the job was the opportunity to meet and greet new people on a weekly basis, and also the ability to be home with family every night.
Cool place to work !
technician / laser technition (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 27, 2016
Nice workplace, needs better management in one single dept. But overall great place to work.
Very productive and fun workplace and yes they do have a ping pong table ! Cool !!!
Stafford location horrible.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 4, 2016
Worst experience of professional career. Management lacks any type of skill. In their eyes everyone is replaceable. They show heavy favoritism for promotions and raises. President has a horrible vision for the company; he has no experience and only thinks of what makes him look good. HR manager is no better. She has two family members working there and has protected them through rounds of lay offs. Her husband was "hired" a week before first round and still remains. It could be great but until current leadership is replaced and they truly support their people it will remain a backstabbing only out number one type of place. The good people are getting out quickly.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything. Terrible environment.
Ideal Small-Town Company
R&D Software/Firmware Developer (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXApril 23, 2016
Environment is pretty relaxed. Everyone is very friendly. It is tied to the fluctuations of the oil industry, so keep that in mind.
Productive, Caring company
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Pampa, TXApril 19, 2016
I work with many motivated employees and have excellent supervisors. I have been trained to run many different lathes, and mills.
Well balanced company, treats personnel with respect.
Shipping and Receiving Inspector (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAMarch 13, 2016
This company was truly worth working for 20+ years. Management at the facility level was outstanding. This company takes safety seriously and effortlessly.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Salary could have been more after 20+ years.
not so great
MAINTENANCE HELPER (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAMarch 9, 2016
The work hours was long and days would seem to no end. I'm use of staying busy, but there , was a lot of slack time, that I would get bored, and made the day go by slow.
best place to work
Senior CNC LatheMachinist (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TX 77477February 25, 2016
i love to work at Hunting Energy Service Stafford facility. Working environment is out standing as well as safety environment.
A good place to work
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2016
- Work night shift
- My co-workers are nice
- Management is ok
-Very good health benefit
-I have to deal with tight tolerance machining, that makes me improve a lot in skill.
Average
Process Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Great people good pay but watch your self. Make sure you are doing your job and don't do anything to get on the bosses bad side.
Great Company to work for
Process and Finishing Technician (Current Employee) –  Crosby, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Have learned a lot and have enjoyed working with everyone. The management team are very understanding and easy to work with.
great place to work
Sand Blaster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Great place to grow. learn a lot from supervisor. everyone was hands on at all times. Great crew on night shift. Very safe job to work at. Very clean place.
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
need better pay
Productive and very organize working place
Processing & Finishing Hand (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LAJanuary 5, 2016
Everyday I would arrive to work at 5:50am to start work at 6:00am. Our work load would be ready for us in the basket soon as we get to work. My co-workers was very hard work and that would make everyone day go smooth.
Great
QA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 5, 2015
Good place to work, really clean and organized. Learning new methods to your job is always available. Management can use some fresh new faces.
Good company
CNC machinist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2015
Good training programs, very aggressive supervisor.Pay was good, some good coworkers .Christmas parties.Company dinnerss
Pros
HOILDAYS
Cons
FAVORITISM
Maintenance Technician / presetter (Current Employee) –  Fryeburg, MEOctober 12, 2015
Hunting is a great place to work but a slow down in the energy industry lead to a large workforce reduction. The management was good, the co-workers are great group of people which was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
subject to layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hunting Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Hunting Energy Services Reviews by Location