Huntington Bancshares Employee Reviews

great people and benefits
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 19, 2015
Easy to balance work and family, and great benefits. Management is very encouraging and helpful with advancement. The benefits are great and at a very low cost, which is good because it's not the best pay.

I don't know the current CEO, but when I was there it was Frank Wobst and he was an excellent CEO.
Pros
Benefits, Advancement
Cons
Low Pay
A good place to work
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 15, 2015
Huntington Bancshares is overall a good place to work. They provided me with the resources I needed to do a job and they were considerate of what I needed to get the job done.

The work was challenging and the group I worked with were all dedicated to doing the best job posssible.
Pros
Colleagues were good to work with
Cons
Not many
Great place to work.
MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids MIAugust 6, 2014
I enjoyed working here and the people I worked with. They were very supportive and displayed a team work environment.
Great Place to work
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbus,OHMay 6, 2014
i left thinking the grass was greener on the other side, but it was not. This company has been the best place i have ever worked and will try my hardest to make i end back up here. They take care of the people and awesome work life balance.
Room for advancement but you have to fight for it
Several different departments (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 25, 2013
Overall, I believe Huntington provided a good work environment. The internal job posting process can be difficult to navigate, since your current manager will know that you are posting out and may be able to throw a monkey wrench in your plans if he/she needs the staffing. The benefits were great when I worked there, though I hear that has changed.
Pros
benefits, room to grow in the company
Cons
large company, corporate mentality
Fast paced and challenging
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 24, 2013
Working as an accountant in the payroll department offered a very fast pace day to day. It also led to numerous challenges with system upgrades and the processing and set up of new taxing locations involving multiple entities, multiple states and jurisdictions.

Entire environment always changing and improving as to the accounting processes due to sox controls and ever changing general ledger controls.
Pros
Enjoyed the work, enjoyed my coworkers
Cons
Very hectic, a lot of issues very time consuming and work life balance was deteriorating
Avoid if possible
Retail (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 28, 2013
Huntington Bank is not a desirable place to work and I would personally discourage anyone from seeking open positions with this company.
As a former employee who worked in the Pittsburgh region of Huntington Bank for over 3 years, there was little to no training, very limited communication from management, and with a bank touting that they "do the right thing", it would be hard to find any example that they live up to that moniker.

I enjoyed my colleagues and will never forget the experience.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
inadequate staffing and training.
Good banking place to work at
IS Auditor/ Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43085February 22, 2013
The banking working place is excellent and the people is nice to work with.
Na
Registered Investment Advisor/ Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHFebruary 12, 2013
• Analyze client financial portfolios to determine suitability of appropriate banking and investment needs.
• Consult with clients and senior management.
• Supervise everyday bank operations.
• Network and conduct seminars and presentations to obtain new business.
• Successfully establish consumer and business relationships for banking, investment and lending services through cross selling and consultative sales.
• Manage investment portfolios, handle client accounts and perform reviews.
• Top performer in district and region.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bancshares. Our community is ready to answer.