Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

interestsing
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH 43614February 15, 2017
My role as a personal banker was never boring. I was able to do cold calling to meet my quotas which often resulted in a sale. I was very familiar with the products and was able to cross sell often
Pros
helping others
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 15, 2017
Nice place to work with great benefits upon starting. Nice people and environment to work in on a consistent basis. Good experience working here.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Nice place to work
I would not recommend Huntington Bank to anyone, one of the tell / tell signs of a good place to work is the happiness and satisfaction of their emplo
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisville, WVFebruary 14, 2017
the most enjoyable part of my job was working with clients and helping them with their financial needs.

my supervisor was very good to work with and was very helpful when they were available.

i learned a lot about lending and how to profile clients to uncover their needs.

the hardest part about the job was staffing and coverage and being micro managed.
Pros
good salary
Cons
micro management
Excellent Benefits
Teller (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 11, 2017
Huntington Bank is very customer oriented and they keep the employees happy. Great benefits. Gives you the opportunity to grow within the company. I'll recommend it.
They Don't hire withing
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 10, 2017
Even when I changed jobs within Huntington it appeared to be easier if I was an external rather than internal. HR was a mess, they would never follow up on jobs you have applied for.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Expected overtime
Apply at your own risk
Enterprise Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 9, 2017
I worked in a couple of different business areas at Huntington. I was in retail at a branch receiving quarterly bonuses. Yes, that was nice however they stopped recognizing employees with over 100% scorecards if they were not in their top 3. We were told it was to make us more competitive. Our regional manager never recognized our branch with great customer service surveys but rejoiced at us finally getting a bad survey.

Next move was to corporate. The Operations department had such a high voluntary turnover they made call centers look like pots of gold. Anyone expressing interest to even transfer to another department had a target on their back to be terminated. Upper management chose to turn a blind eye to this. The employees were overworked and underpaid for their industry. (That's the normal with Huntington. The annual raise was literally $0.25. ) Upper management would walk through once a year like the Pope visiting America for the first time.
I have learned a lot
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioFebruary 9, 2017
Manages multiple projects of great complexity. Manages cross-department and cross-division projects. I Can operate as the lead Matrix PM and has the ability to run an entire Program. Defines problems/needs and solutions involving substantial latitude in course of action.
-Conducts business analysis. Develops, updates and presents business cases.
Creates project presentations and presents to manager. Ensures projects are completed according to time
and budget schedules, and that objectives conform to line of business.
Pros
get to learned a lot
Bank Operations
Encoder/Lockbox/Mailroom (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2017
Started as Encoder and assisted in the mailroom. Switched departments and worked in Lockbox. Very high volume of work and very fast paced. Very team oriented.
good fast paced customer service job
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 7, 2017
Huntington was a great place to start out and get some good experience. It was OK pay with good benefits and vacation time after your 90 day waiting period. They like to push sales so need to book withthat.
Pros
good benefits and vacation time
Cons
low pay constantly queuing calls
Confining
Mortgage Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Limited flexibility, Very stressful. Monitored daily. Incentives make it a challenge.Salary not enough for the amount of knowledge that is required to do the job and succeed to be rated as a top performer for better shifts and promotions within the company
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
Timed breaks and lunch. Life work balance not flexable
Worked for Huntington for 16 years
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Enjoyed the work and especially the people. There is plenty of opportunity for learning new things. The management is usually pretty good. Company is flexible on a case by case basis. Can work from home occuationally.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Great place to work over this past few years - Very interested in the employees and customers well being. Nothing more to add at this time Thank you
Challenging projects and good work-life balance
Senior Modeling Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2017
- Great manager and team
- Stable company in good financial position
- Great community presence
- Many departments with possibility of changing positions
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lots of coding
okay place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Very focused on revenue. too high of expectations in selling. Good if youre very good in sales and amazing in customer service.
Huntington National Bank is a good place to work
IT Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 4, 2017
Overall the Huntington National Bank is a good place to work. It is a fast paced environment that always keeps you on your toes. The benefits packages are decent.
Fun place to work with great people!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 2, 2017
Great community with great co workers. Lots of room for advancement. I loved my managers. Everyone was eager to help me transition into my role as a bank teller.
Good place to learn about banking. Great place to work while in college.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Sales driven environment. Lack of camaraderie. High turnover job. Decent work life balance. Lack of training in various areas.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Licensed Personal Banker, Sr (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to work, strives to be the "best bank in the midwest". Maintains a prominent and positive image in their communities.
Terriable
Teller (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 29, 2017
Typical day - would arrive at 8-8:30am and stay until 5:30 Monday - Thursday and 6:30 on Fridays. No time for any outside life with this job. Pay and benefits were good, but not worth dealing with nasty customers that the management lets talk to you any kind of way they want and the co-workers that have attitude. Felt like I was thrown to the wolves with little training and support from my supervisor. Tried to mention my concerns and was told I would receive more training and support, but was given none. When I asked co-workers or supervisor questions on the line, was met with eye rolls, nasty responses or sighs. Tellers did not follow the policies of the company until a district manager showed up and then expected you to correct the behavior you had been shown so they didn't receive a bad audit. Management heaped more work and talked to tellers about improving customer service, lobby management and sales goals, while never leaving their office or helping with such matters. I couldn't wait to get out of there.
Pros
Good benefits, and fair pay.
Cons
Terrible management, long work hours, and overall unfriendly environment.
Good Place to Work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 27, 2017
Always worked around the hours I needed and was a pleasant place to work. Employees were NOT compensated enough. Working for Huntington was fairly low stress and they did an excellent job training their employees.I learn how to interact with strangers.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bank. Our community is ready to answer.