Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

Majority of time working on auto dialer
Senior Collector (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 15, 2017
A typical day at Huntington is working on a auto dialing system for majority of the day, handling inbound and making outbound calls. I was collecting on past due auto mobile loans. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help a customer to resolve their delinquency. The environment is fast paced and stressful.
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
health care benefits are expensive
Nothing much to say
Branch Relationship Banker III (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHDecember 14, 2017
There's not much to say here - sadly it wasn't the company I thought it was. I hoped to be there for a long time and sadly that is not the case. I loved the people I worked with and the customers were great
stressful and very sales oriented
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIDecember 13, 2017
At Huntington, you sell or you don't have a job. As a personal banker, you have a required sales minimum. They are a good company in that you have a good number of paid vacation days and good benefits, but if you don't focus fully on sales, they will find someone who does.
Great people to work with.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 13, 2017
I worked in the mortgage loan department part time as a summer internship. I enjoyed my time there as an intern and the people I worked with treated me well.
education and fast paced
Senior Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43232December 12, 2017
a typical day at work is busy, there is always something to do. i learned a lot about how to deal with people, and about finances. very educational place to work. the culture is alright, you will find a lot of people stressed if you work in a branch setting. the hardest part of the job is probably dealing with the people and balancing a drawer. i enjoyed learning about things that could actually help me in life.
Big bank without the big bank benefits
Home Lending Advocate, Sr- Mortgage Direct (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 12, 2017
When I first started at Huntington, they prided themselves on not being the Big Blue Bank, and that they were content being the Bank of the Midwest. That began to change quickly, and before you knew it, they became like the Big Blue Bank, with regulations and micro managing, and quotas, and projections, and reports, and it lost the midwest, hometown bank feel. All of that is fine, because that's the evolution of business, but lost in all these record profits that were posted was the incentive and compensation of the big banks. I feel like they lost their way and are in a position now to lose or fail to retain top talent because of it. Wish them nothing but the best, but there needs to be a re-identification of whats important. Profits or people?
Pros
Great environment and intentionality to community
Cons
inadequate training
Great work Place
Home Savers Analyst Sr (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 12, 2017
This was a tough place to work as far as demographics, but I got the job done. In an area where there aren't many African American people, it was very difficult at first for people to trust that I knew what I was doing in my role as a banker.
Pros
Once they get to no you very friendly People
Cons
short breaks
Tough work environment.
Banker (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHDecember 9, 2017
Intense job enjoyed it nonetheless
Functional Repossession Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 8, 2017
I wish I hadn't had to leave, it was my favorite job. I would go back in a heartbeat, pay could be a little better considering all the work involved and our manager agreed but was unable to get them to increase our pay past the regular raise amounts but she did try.
Pros
cafe and gym onsite.
Cons
desk size
Good employees are treated poorly
ABM (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 8, 2017
I loved my job with Huntington for the first several years but after consolidation it became extremely stressful. Branch management position is constantly being turned over. Cannot confidentially go to HR or district manager for any branch concerns regarding manager. Most recent manager tries to force and threaten staff to perform unethical tasks and violates policy and he gets away with it. I was terminated with no reason given and feel it was a result of retaliation for trying to address concerns the entire staff had. There is no work life balance in the in store locations and the schedule will change at any given moment to support the managers outside activities.
Pros
PTO time, pay
Cons
Good employees treated poorly
Working For Huntington
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 6, 2017
I use to truly enjoy working for Huntington until our new Manager came. This is not the place to work when you have younger children who need you. They are not considerate when you have to call off for an emergency.
Pros
Off on the weekends
Cons
Don't make enough for what you deal with.
Sales focused, poor work/life balance
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIDecember 6, 2017
Very sales focused. When guided properly, it is truly for the benefit of the customer and the bank at the same time. However, it has recently become a much more aggressive approach. I have learned a great deal of knowledge about the right and wrong ways to manage people as well. Work/Life balance is far below average, especially in branches.
Pros
Great deal of financial education
Cons
Sick days come out of your PTO, lack of consistency in processes from branch to branch/district to district.
Competitive, but lots of recent changes
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MIDecember 6, 2017
I loved the job four years ago when I started. This past year, we were part of a large acquisition, and there were a number of changes in the company for the worse. Things became much more cutthroat. There is a lot of turnover, particularly in the in-store locations. It is also very cliquey within certain groups of branches. There hasn't been a lot done with the turnover issue, and ultimately, it falls on the branch manager for making up the hours, due to the no overtime policy. The bank just seems to have become more greedy, and don't seem to have the employees best interest at heart compared to a few years ago.
Pros
Pay, Time off, Flexible scheduling
Cons
Greed, work life balance
Creates an Amazing Work Life Balance
Assistant Branch Manager/Conversion Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIDecember 4, 2017
Great place to work and has improved on creating a great work life balance in the in stores. The hours have reduced so it's a big improvement from earlier this year.
Huntington
Teller Supervisior (Former Employee) –  Carrick, PADecember 4, 2017
Most of managment was great. Fun place to work. Enjoyed my time there. Hardest part is that I worked in an unsafe neighborhood. It made me a little nervous with the amount of crime in the neighborhood.
Productive, Innovative company
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Phonebank of Huntington National Bank. The Leadership Team was great. They worked hard to meet goals, but also worked hard to assist the associates in job improvement as well as advancement. Teamwork is exhibited daily. Great place to work.
Pros
job advancement
I love working at Huntington
Banker (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 3, 2017
An excelent place to start a career, I am very happy with my decison to start here and feel as though I will be part of the company for a very long while.
Pros
Epic
i enjoyed working with the group of people i had in my team
Teller (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHDecember 2, 2017
if you enjoy people this would be the place to work. A normal day consisted of helping with customers needs. something new to learn everyday. working with people was the enjoyable part of my day
Most enjoyable part
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MINovember 29, 2017
The best part of this job was getting to know the customers and having the customers wait for you to take care of them, no matter how long the line was. I had customers call in or come in and ask for me personally, and this made me feel appreciated. They would bring in gifts for each holiday or just send over lunch for all of us.
Great job
Collector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2017
Huntington national bank was a great place to work. The benefits were amazing. The job was not stressful. The change in management left also was a change in the work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bank. Our community is ready to answer.