Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

High attrition & advancement limited
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Chagrin Falls, OHMay 25, 2017
One of the first jobs I have ever been on that has limited it's employees from being able to advance. Employees that have been top salesperson in their entire district still are left at the starting rate. Poor advancement for ambitious individuals.

High attrition and turnover rate due to hours and staff being taken advantage of on multiple occasions. Staff are always friendly but not given the respect from high ups, mainly the district managers. If your goals aren't in line with your DM's then you best leave for you will not receive advancement or even the ability to transfer to an office closer to your home.
Pros
Bank product exclusivity
Cons
Hours, low pay, limited advancement
Good place to work very diverse
Collections Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMay 23, 2017
Huntington cares for it's customers and employees and is not afraid of change. They are constantly looking for ways to improve products/services to create the best bank of the Mid-West.
Department I'm in is not good.
Trust/Fund Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 22, 2017
Culture of fear; not progressive. Senior management is not receptive and they will berate you when you leave. They thrive on replacing automation with manual processes.
Productive and collaborative work environment
Senior Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHMay 21, 2017
Huntington is becoming a leader in community volunteerism and has been a long time supporter of cancer research. They are continuing to increase their community outreach programs. One of their core values is work/life balance.
Bad management at the branch
Teller (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OHMay 20, 2017
Fast paced, friendly customers, learned the basics of banking, management was unreliable and blamed employees for computer problems that caused overages/outages on drawer that was later found. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the different customers.
Great Pay
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Fruitport, MIMay 18, 2017
Huntington is a great place to work , the pay is great. However they are very sales driven at Huntington. If it wasn't for my manager I would still be there
Pros
Pay
Cons
Sales Goals
Employer is medium recommendation.
Trust Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 17, 2017
Several years ago, I would have recommended Huntington to anyone; however, over the last few years, the benefits given to employees has decreased substantially.
Ok
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHMay 16, 2017
Huntington is ok to work for I don't like that they don't fix problems you have tabs only the ones they want get promoted even if there is a better fit for someone else
Pros
Work with your schedule
Cons
Don't get lunches when you should
Great pay, not a great environment.
Retail Relationship Banker I (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 15, 2017
So far anything good about HNB is the competitive pay. However with the recent conversion between First Merit and HNB, it is clear that they no longer have a focus in the chicagoland region. Many managers are on the hot seat and employee turnover is steadily increasing. This would be a great company to work for if not for the recent conversion. Leadership should focus on what thing at a time.Current manager changes our branches focus every other day and it is frustrating.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of leadership direction
Hated it
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 15, 2017
• Provided customers with their account balances
• Explained banking protocol to customers
• Assisted with Online banking setup and troubleshooting
Pros
Cons
long boring work day
Demanding job
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 11, 2017
High expectations to push sales and go on sales calls to drive in business. Hours are good as long as the branch is fully staffed. Constant turn over of employees.
Great Place to Work
Assistant Vice Pres, License Investment Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2017
Very welcoming organization. High focus on meeting financial goals and objectives. Employees are constantly challenge to improve year over year performance., Senior management is excellent.
Great mission statement and values but poor mamagment and respect for other employees.
Branch Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Finleyville, PAMay 9, 2017
Overall I think the company is wonderful but the leadership and management skills that I had personal experience with was quite literally disgusting. Total disregard for working moms and women in general.
Will not defend you against disgruntled employees
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 3, 2017
Too many hours no help when needed. Many in store locations with long hours, as a manager you fill in the blanks I worked way to many 14,15, 21 days in a row.
Decent pay, stressful environment
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 3, 2017
Too much of the daily routine is focused on finding things to do versus being focused on your main task. Management is highly demanding in impossible ways.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Environment
Too stressful for the pay you receive
Relationship Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 30, 2017
I felt as if I did soo much work for little pay. Even tho it was in a call center environment, when the call center had high volume calls we had to step in and assist.
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
Everyday was challenging
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Chagrin Falls, OHApril 28, 2017
I assist customers with all of their banking needs and always did for new sales opportunities. I also look for new business opportunities as well when working with customers.
Not as expected
Branch Relationship Banker I (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 26, 2017
Communication is not very good with branches, tellers, managers and upper management. Excellent compensations for employees. A lot of turn over putting a huge strain on all of the other employees of the branch.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefits
Cons
high turn over, lack of communication
avoid
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 26, 2017
Avoid if you can. Extremely low pay, management is shaky, you're encouraged to let people walk over you, people made more as contractors than full time employees.
Pros
few
Cons
many
Horrible Management that micro manage every hour of every day
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Allendale, MIApril 26, 2017
A typical day at work was fast paced and full of stress due to management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. The hardest part of the job was having to be in front of my specific manager who would steel sales and then reprimand you for not hitting goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bank. Our community is ready to answer.