Huntington Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly co-workers that really support each other.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 15, 2016
Management and fellow co-workers really help each other to develop skills. Health insurance benefits are minimal, there is a lot of paid time off, lots of little bonuses. There is great communication throughout the company. I liked that lots of overtime is offered, still pay is not that good.
No work/life balance in the in-stores
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 14, 2016
Working in an in-store environment is stressful. No work/life balance. The sales goals are unreasonable and unlikely to meet.
Great Starter Company
Bank Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 14, 2016
the company provides a lot of ways for you to advance within the company. Management is great and are looking to promote from within.
constant change and not for the better
Mortgage Loan Closer - Sr (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2016
* Quality of files sucks
*working 50+ hours a week
*no schedule flexibility

Not a good environment for someone who is looking to grow in their career.
Productive customer focused institution
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 6, 2016
I learned how to guide consumers how to be financially responsible. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. The company is growing so it could be a good time to get in.
ok
Banker/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 6, 2016
its ok, and you answer phone calls all day, have breaks and lunches, and then leave for the day and you clock in and out.
Productive workplace
Sr collector (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 28, 2016
Nice place to work, learn, and grow into your career! Room for advancement in your field and nice management to help you progress!
Painesville Huntington In-Store has a great team
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Painesville, Ohio 44077June 24, 2016
Working inside a Giant Eagle grocery store is very different from a traditional branch. Customer do not realize we can do everything a traditional branch can do.Being inside a grocery I have to work harder to get sales. We see a lot of regular customer that make the work day enjoyable. My manager has a weekly one on one with me to go over what I did the week before. We discuss what went well and what needs improving.
The team is a great bunch of people that work well together. We learn from each other.
Pros
We have a great team
Cons
the ability to get sales on regular basis
Revolving door of employees
Teller (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJune 23, 2016
A typical work day includes angry customers, disorganized work space and short staff. I learned how to do the Teller Supervisor position minus the pay. For a place with only three management positions I saw 11 different managers in two years. The training is minimal and the staff was mostly very young and not very hard working. The hardest part of the job was that none of our management team was on the same page about anything all the way from corporate to in store. The best part of the job was the set schedule of operations, I enjoy working first shift and no Sunday's. This is only concerning one branch but I have heard about others operation generally the same.
aggressive sales culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 22, 2016
company pays the best in the industry but here are reasons behind it.
If you are looking to start a career in banking this is the place... if you have extensive experience you will get annoyed here. depending on who you work for and where what channel you work in.
Pros
easily promotes inexperienced people
Cons
stuck in in-stores
Separation of Management and Workers
Personal Banker Sr (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 19, 2016
I worked with this company for almost 20 years. I began when knowing who your customer was and knowing their name to a company who believed that only numbers mattered. I began as s Teller (customer service rep) and worked my way up to an Assistant Manager (Personal Banker II). I loved what I did as far as helping my customers but that didn't seem to be enough. I would refund overdrafts or chat with my customer too much getting to know them, and their family, better to see where else I could help them. I didn't qualify for becoming s Msnager because I had no degree. However the person that was Manager, while she did have a degree knew nothing on how to interact with the customers. I was sad to leave my friends, co-workers, but very happy to leave this horrible company. Think twice before applying for any job within this company.
Pros
Great co-workers, decent pay
Cons
Number Centered - not customer centered, treated customers poorly and employees even wirse
Great company to work for
Process Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 19, 2016
My overall experience at Huntington Bank was a very positive one. I had a great time with my co-workers and management was very supportive every step of the way.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Occasional issues with teamwork
Temporary but benefical
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 18, 2016
It was a 6 month contract but over all I learned a lot while working for huntington bank. It was a laid back environment but also very competitive at times with time handling and etc.
Pros
laid back
Cons
temporary
Great Place for High Achievers
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 16, 2016
While working at Huntington, I've had the opportunity to participate in a wide array of strategic projects that have real impact to the company and the community. It's wonderful to work in a customer-first environment that cares about putting together great products and providing top-tier customer support.

Each employee is constantly pushed to improve. There is no cruise control. Innovation and continuous improvement are paramount, and there's no shortage of corporate and grass-roots support to aid in the journey. Everyone I've come in contact with has been more than willing to offer whatever assistance they can.
Pros
Development, Innovation, Collaboration
Enjoyable time at HNB
Operations Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2016
I had a very enjoyable and pleasant time when I worked at Huntington National Bank. The bank is very customer and customer friendly.
Great work environment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 12, 2016
Huntington is a great company with a lot of promise. The work atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable. Depending on what role you're in, the work/life balance may be challenging.
Huntington Bank Retail
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 11, 2016
Huntington bank has gone through a ton of growth lately while many other banks are downsizing. This has created a lot of opportunity for those seeking a career in banking. Along with this rapid growth is a shortage of training. It seems as if the training focuses more on the basics and the sales process but not so much on how to get things done in the field. Most would say to just ask another person at the branch but when you're the most senior person there with 10 months of experience it leads to having to ask those at other locations to talk you through certain procedures via the phone. This creates problems at many levels and leaves bankers looking unprofessional in the eyes of customers. Many things need resolved while the customer is still in the branch.

While the benefits and pay are very reasonable the other downside to Huntington is that many of us are just a really small blip on corporates radar. That being said when accidents in terms of benefits, sales, or pay take place corporate is very slow to resolve.
Pros
Small team environment. More like a family at the branch level.
Cons
Rapidly expanding company without the back office help to support.
Keep looking!!!!
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2016
By far the absolute worst place to be employed! The management is the most ridiculous group of people I have ever encountered. They run these branches like some kind of a side show at the circus. if I could assign a negative number to the ratings i would. Definitely the absolute worst experience of my career.
long hours, room for advancement
Personal Banker-In-Store (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapid, MIJune 8, 2016
I worked in-store at huntington where there was almost always a shortage of help and mandatory overtime. The pay was good but the work-life balance was terrible. If it is something that you are able to deal with, there is a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
long hours, OT mandatory
Alright
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH 43617June 7, 2016
Working with Huntington National Bank in Toledo, Ohio was a great experience. I learned all that I know about banking from there.