Huntington Bank

Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

very slow paced job
Teller I (Former Employee), Burton, OHJune 12, 2015
Typical day was to process any and all transactions for customers. Balance every morning and night along with balancing our vault.
Very structured workplace worklife balance is good
Loan Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 11, 2015
Everything is routine and repetitive Huntington is committed to helping the community with aiding in the Pelotonia race.
Productive and fun place
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 9, 2015
Pros: Overall good
Cons: Work life balance
Productive and fun place.
Very healthy work environment.
Good co-workers.
Good learning
Good team dynamics
Planning and work life balance can be improved
Good teamwork/Terrible hours
IN-STORE PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee), Flint, MIJune 8, 2015
As much as i loved Huntington, they do have their shortcomings. Was passed over for promotion three times for people with less sales and management capabilities. They do play favorites with the hours they give you to work. and with the extended business hours and 7 days a week, it is hard to have a steady work life balance.
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJune 7, 2015
I work with customers and answer any questions they may have. I manage, coach and train my employees. I conduct interviews, as well as on board training. I enjoy coaching others. The hardest part of this job and dealing with elder abuse. The most enjoyable part of this job is making my customers happy.
ok
Senior Teller (Former Employee), toledo, ohioJune 4, 2015
Pros: sales goals easy to reach
Cons: pay not competative
ok place to work
Your average retail environment
management is consistently changing
my co workers were great to work with
keeping up with the changes will be the hardest part
Serving the customers was the most enjoyable part of the job and of course the team that I worked with.
Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee), London, OHJune 2, 2015
Pros: Coworkers, Customers, off by 530/6
Cons: Worked 3-4 hours daily, no days off, supervisor
I liked working with the people. A lot of them were really nice.
But it was part time, 30 minutes from my house, and my supervisor made me come in for 3 hours EVERY DAY. Getting paid (after taxes) less – more... than $7/hr, I was losing money.
Hardly ever got a day off.
I would come in on time and have my drawer ready two minutes after my start time and I would get yelled at because I had to be "ready to take customers by the time I'm supposed to get there". Never told me that when I started..
Only having a handful of coworkers, I liked some and hated others. Two of my closest friends I met working there with them.
Dealing with money was stressful. But it was fun. I'd like it more if it were better pay, better hours, and if I had a better boss. – less
Great environment to work in.
Teller (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know and assist the customer who come in on a daily basis. The work environment is also relaxing and easy going!
Good People, relaxed environment
Business Analyst III (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours, good health-car
Cons: Lack of urgency, somethings seem haphazard
Huntington is a good company to work for if you want to stable job with mid-range compensation.

Certain positions seems somewhat closed-off unless you know the right people who can put your career in motion.
Current employee that's miserable
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), MichiganMay 29, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: No lunch breaks understaffed
It is quite clear that some of the reviews on here are written by corporate. I have been with Huntington bank for several years and I can tell you that if you enjoy being underpaid and overworked than – more... this is the company for you. Lunch breaks are unheard of. Staffing is a joke.and the company does not care. There is a high turnover because they simply don't care about their employees. Time off is a joke. If your looking for a nervous breakdown then this is the place for you. – less
Good Pay, but not Flexible
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Bergholz, OHMay 27, 2015
Pros: daylight, pay, benefits
Cons: interrupted lunches, hard to get time off, poor staffing
Huntington is a nice place to work with lots of opportunity for advancement. The employees are wonderful and Management is okay. However, it isn't the most flexible job and has a poor work/life balance. It is hard to get time off for your family due to inadequate staffing.
Great place to work!
Teller (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMay 22, 2015
My typical day at the branch was managing the business customers. I was the business teller. I also was the ATM teller and managed the vault daily. My co-workers were great to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was to interact with all the customers taking care of their needs and providing the best customer service and experience they expected.
They try to make you feel important
CSA2 (Former Employee), Holland MIMay 21, 2015
Pros: bonuses
You are treated well, but no matter how great you are they make sure you know you are a body in a chair and you are expendable.
Great place to learn and grow
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 20, 2015
Pros: college tuition assistance
Huntington has been a great place to work. I worked for the company once, left the company due to being in school, and then came back. I love it more than the first time I was here. With any growing company, – more... there have been many moments of stress. But through strong leadership and hardwork, Huntington has truly been an amazing place to work. The challenges are daily and varied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for me to grow in the future. I enjoy dealing with the public on a daily basis as I love to talk and help people. – less
Mediocre at best
Bank Teller (Current Employee), OHMay 18, 2015
Pros: customers are fantastic! Amount of vacation and policy around work/life balance
Cons: reality of work/life balance, management, scheduling
My colleagues are wonderful. My managers leave something to be desired. Micromanagement is a huge issue, and if you aren't a hive minded person who can fall in with the rest of the drones, just doing what – more... you're told is the best thing for the customer, forget this place. Your own values are null and void.
For those who thrive on change, this may be a good fit. However, the changes are quite literally constant with significant adjustments to incentive programs, referral expectations, etc. occurring at least annually if not more frequently, and policy and procedure are under constant scrutiny with a 'gray area' for those customers with substantial banking relationships, i.e. they have a lot of money.
There is definite favoritism amongst management, and at least from mine, a lot of childish vindictive behavior, lies and half-truths, and vacation scheduling is a complete joke with the branch manager taking the last 3 weeks of the year off and never allowing the rest of us any additional holiday time with family. Most of the time I don't even receive acomplete schedule for a given week until the Friday or Saturday leading into it, and on multiple occasions have been told to show up at a given time on Monday and I'll get the rest of the schedule then. How can a person plan anything in life around that kind of junk?
Not a great experience for me and I'm working on finding my way out. – less
Welcoming and Wonderful Environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 13, 2015
Pros: clients, co-workers, and understanding management
I loved everything about this job, the management, clientele and my co-workers. The environment was so welcoming even on your bad days, I felt like i could be myself and enjoy my job 24/7.
Did not enjoy my time
Teller (Former Employee), Mentor, OhioMay 13, 2015
Treated me disrespectfully and will never work for them again. Not flexible with families or school. Good job for a single person right out of school.
banking job
Process Specialist - Special Assets (Former Employee), columbus ohMay 6, 2015
Not a good paying job. Lot of favoritism going on. Position was deleted but was not offered another open position. I had to get laid off and apply for any open positions.
Employees were just a number, company profits were the priority.
Accounts Payable, CSR, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good Health Insurance
Cons: Not flexible for doctor appointments or family emergencies.
Each work position had similar hours from 8:00 am. to 5:00 pm. The local location had required Saturday hours from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.

Counted down cash drawer, ordered cash for the day. Daily duties – more... such as night drop deposits, and automatic teller deposits; entering and posted deposits.

Monthly Compliance tests.

Accounts Payable worked downtown Columbus. Started computer and began verifying and reviewing invoices.

Administrative Assistant worked downtown Columbus. – less
Gives back to the community in many ways.
TELLER-CSR (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHApril 29, 2015
Great place for movement and education. Although this is a large corporate company they treat you with small town values, like family.

About Huntington Bank

Huntington Bancshares is the holding company for The Huntington National Bank, which operates¬†about 650 branches in Indiana,¬†Kentucky, – Read more

Huntington Bank Salaries