Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

Nice place to work.
Business/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2016
The management was a very helpful. My co-workers were always ready to assist if needed. Typical day would start with a data quality call and exactly what data was required.
Change in pace
Universal Banker Float (Current Employee) –  Woodsdale, WVSeptember 21, 2016
Enjoy meeting other colleagues from other offices. Dislike that they are geared more towards revenue for company, rather than worrying about employees
ok job just not much interaction with other people
Teller (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 21, 2016
This job you spend all day cleaning and sometimes your by your self so you get bored or miss interaction with people making it hard to want to stay and complete your job1 you think about how slow time is moving
Sales Driven
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Mason, MISeptember 20, 2016
Company is consistantly wanting sales. The goal is high each month but is do-able. However if you dont have the sales personality it is a difficult career to be in.
Good benefits, constantly changing goals
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MISeptember 19, 2016
While working at Huntington I enjoyed great benefits and had a great manager. Unfortunately the goals of the company from corporate were constantly shifting. It always felt like one quarter we were chasing down new households for checking accounts, the next we were tracking how many widgets, or services, the client was using. Success was measured on items like text alerts, and online statements.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Constantly changing goals
Great learning experience
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 18, 2016
Fast pace great customers Job work balance, Sat- Sun weekend hours- some team players are very helpful, and depending on location some manager are great
Customer Friendly Workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  North Lima, OHSeptember 17, 2016
The most enjoyable part of being a bank teller was the customer interaction. There were many "regular" customers that I was able to build rapport with. I was responsible for opening and closing the bank. That included balancing teller drawers, locking the vault, accepting incoming monies, and processing deposits, withdraws, and payments.
Pros
Close to home, hours were condusive to my personal schedule
Cons
short-staffed
Huntington Bank
ABL Business Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 15, 2016
Most enjoyable part of job was the atmosphere. Hardest part was the work load and high expectations with no additional incentive.
Huntington provides a great working environment.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  7 Easton oval, Columbus Ohio 43219September 14, 2016
Along with the strong team environment, the management is very supportive. My main reason for seeking other opportunities is the pay. The benefits are great, however the pay is typical call center pay. Although there is incentive pay that is not enough to live comfortably. Other than that, it is an excellent place to work.
Pros
The health coverage is amazing.
Cons
The pay is typical call center pay
Good work life balance
no (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 13, 2016
working in the middle of a project that requires 50 - 60 hours per week. Its ok because it for 3 to 4 months. Then the hours get closer to normal. The people work hard but they have enough people to do the work. There is no excessive work loads when a person leaves. The bank replaces the person. The promise was that there would be interaction within my group and I am glad there is none. On the first day, I was not introduced and had to find out the line of management via org chart. My peers are in a click and talk bad behind people's back just about every time they meet. Its a very immature and management allows this to continue. However, there are very good folks scattered there.
Pros
Most of the time its regular hours
Cons
My boss and peers.
Growth Opportunity
Senior Account Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 7, 2016
Growth Opportunities and friendly environment. Great potential for training and educational support. Success is recognized and career excel is supported by managements.
CSA customer service rep.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 30, 2016
at this company you have to know how to move up you have to be on your game dont worry about anyone else just get up how u can. the managers are just really there to get praise from their managers and also people are very nosey. like i said do what you have to do and there wont be a problem and keep to yourself
The Best Bank
Cusotmer Service Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Chase. I would recommend people to work here as well. They are awesome. They will definitely give back what you put into the company.
Great place to work for
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 25, 2016
Great company to work for. I like how Huntington Bank is expanding it's market and hopefully will be in every state. I like that the company cares about it's employees helping their customers.
Working with a great Team!
Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYAugust 19, 2016
I was the Team Lead of the Booking Department. I assisted the supervisor as well as the Team. Our days were very productive and hectic, but we managed to have fun and enjoy each other.
Pros
Worked with a great group of people.
Cons
Healthcare costs
big company that does not care about their employees
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHAugust 15, 2016
Face paced, extremely busy, easy to get overwhelmed in a stressful environment. Management can belittle & not be very accommodating even to the most prompt, reliable, dependable employee. You are lucky if you get 30mins of your 1hr lunch, no breaks ,must harass customers to meet goals, So much expected of each banker & they promote completion ,not teamwork. Penalties if goals are not met & threats of job loss is a constant to remind us to sell .When approach with threats of being harassed by another employee ,management does not take seriously & would not honor transfer requests .
Pros
great benefits & 401k, possible bonus money if all goals met
Cons
no breaks, very short lunch, never get full lunch, very combative enviroment
Great place for advancement
BANKER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2016
If you can stick it out a year in each position, you will easily find yourself in opportunities to advance. Fun company to work for, always keeps you on your toes, always keeps you improving.
Love the morals and values which the bank stands for
Credit Card Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2016
Typical call center job with the potential to be so much more. 100+ calls a day and only 5% of those calls I feel I honestly get to be influential in peoples lives with helping assist them in finding a solution to their situation. The other 95% are dealing who people who feel entitled and want to off-set responsibility.
Pros
Title of Banker
Cons
Compensation
Huntington Bank
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OHAugust 10, 2016
Huntington bank was the start of my career. I was a teller that also helped the teller manager. I was in charge of helping with audits and was in charge of cash ordering and managing the vault. Overall, Huntington bank was a great place to work
Enjoyable environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHAugust 9, 2016
The management and work culture was great. Impressive PTO program, but disappointing pay rate for the work required. The hardest part of the job is the sales aspect. Expected to set appointments based off customer needs, but customers are often not open to hearing the sales pitch.
Pros
Cons
Pay