Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
hours were great (afternoons)
Item Processor II (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHSeptember 4, 2017
Did same job as regions operating sorters, balancing, backing up proof dept. dress was leisure. Management was very good, liked the location as I then lived in Perrysburg township.
Pros
hours
Cons
Huntington is a great place for advancement and a great learning environment.
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MIAugust 31, 2017
I enjoy working for Huntington, the opportunity for advancement is great. Huntington gave me more confidence to continue in my career. I have confidence to always learn and develop more.
Pros
advancement, informative
Cons
hard to have work-life balance (in-store environment)
great place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 30, 2017
if you live in Holland this is where you should work.fast paced and ever changing -- if you like that then that is where you should be. The compensation is adequate.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 30, 2017
A personal Banker is never off the clock, he or she is always networking to increase the brand they represent its visibility within the community in which he or she resides as well abroad
Positive Experience
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2017
Huntington Bank - as a first time experience in banking Huntington gave me the tools necessary to achieve quarterly goals, make sales and develop relationships.
Its the Banking industry
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2017
When you work for a large bank you know what you are going to get. The culture is fairly conservative, but I will say Huntington is a very self aware company and they really do their best to take care of their employees and to promote a positive culture of "doing the right thing" for both their employees and customers
Pros
Good pay and culture
My Experiance
Systems Analyst - Senior (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 29, 2017
This place has a culture of different rules for different people and lots of empty promises. This is only my experience, it may not be that way on other teams or in other departments. The health benefits were not great, very expensive and had to pay to park and use personal devices to do work without any compensation.
Pros
its a job
Cons
see review
it was okay to work here
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 27, 2017
Job Assignment for the day communications goals to meet learned how to micro manage ..I enjoy my co workers always learning some thing new every day. I have recommended other people but for positions held in a different area I just did not think they showed that there employees were that valuable
Pros
helping customers
Cons
communication with information was not great
Second time around - department was very "caty", stressfull
Account Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2017
Lots of work. guidelines were not specific - one person would do it one way, you were told to do it a different way, and then someone in Cleveland would be angry that you didn't do it the way they wanted and you would be admonished.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
very stressful and caty atmosphere
Too Salesy
Branch Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Lenox, MIAugust 25, 2017
They strive too much on sales! It's seems to me that all they care about is making sales to your customer! I honestly feel like a used car salesman! You have to make cold calls! I'm a banker, so let me be a banker!
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Postive working environment
Senior Account Representative Associate (Former Employee) –  Salineville, OHAugust 25, 2017
Well managed company, Positive working environment, employees are encouraged & rewarded to learn and advance. Teamwork was integral part of the corporate culture.
Pros
Positive reinforcement from management
Enjoyable
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHAugust 23, 2017
Huntington has been a great place to grow. No matter what position you start in you will always have the potential to change positions and grow with the company. No matter what you choose to do Huntington will back you and support you all the way through.
work life balance
VP, Credit Card Collections (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 23, 2017
While Huntington does not promote a positive image of work life balance, they do give you the opportunity to run departments as if they were your own.
Great company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2017
Good company with solid leadership. Customer focused and interested in hearing feedback from employees who work in retail banking. Alot of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Development
Cons
All banks are sales focued
Productive and fun work place
Credit Ajuster (Former Employee) –  Parma Heights, OHAugust 22, 2017
The job is production driven. You must be good at problem solving and negotiation. Give top-notch customer service and meet daily and monthly goals that are set by management.
Pros
Great management Staff
Cons
Hours
Productive and fun place to work
BSA/AML Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2017
Amazing work culture. Learnt a lot about modeling techniques from various departments through shadowing sessions.The most enjoyable part of the job was intense interactive sessions with different modeling team within the bank.
good exposure for advancement
Teller Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHAugust 20, 2017
Banking allows you to learn many applicable skillsthat you can use for advancement in banking or in other places of employment, Huntington has many branches to work for.
Pros
normal life balance
Cons
standing all day
Its a good place to work for job scurity but not so much for advancement.
Mortgage Help Desk Banker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2017
The company and the managers are nice, and helpful, although the wages that I am receiving for my job title are not at all satisfactory which is why I have to do so much overtime. PTO amount given is fair, benefits are not great and are expensive, advancement is non-existent. It is a good employer to work for if you are looking for job security but not much more than that.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, freindly staff
Cons
Not much advancement, pay I am am reciving is not satifactory for my job title.
Decent company to work for depending on your position.
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 17, 2017
Decent company to work for depending on your position. If you are on the retail side of things its not a great place to work. Bad hours, high turnover rate, ambiguous expectations, unrealistic expectations. Once you are in retail it is very hard to move to any other departments.

All the employees are great to work with and the company as a whole is very good once you get out of the retail branch.
Productive Work Enviorment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2017
It had it's challenges but was a overall great experience. The environment was fast paced but the pay was great as well as the opportunity for company advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval