Huntington Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Had a lot of friends.
Facilities Manager one (Former Employee) –  Dayton, Springfield and Cincinnati Ohio.March 9, 2016
I worked at Huntington for twenty three years it went from the best place to work to the worst. The facility department kept getting worse and worse. I'm just glad I was able to retire they kept wanting more and more and didn't want to pay the overtime but I made them pay in the end and I hope I made it better for a lot of other people.The management was a lot of people with little experience, and thought they new it all.
I received the highest awards a employee could receive and always received high evaluations.
Pros
Lot pf friends.
Cons
Poor management.
Lost job
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMarch 6, 2016
I was recently hired as a Universal Banker. Was very happy with the offer that was given. I had recently quit smoking which I did reveal to the Branch Manager but, it did come up on my nicotine test as positive. I was immediately dismissed. I understand that Huntington is smoke free however I would have appreciated retesting at my own expense. I am confident that my nicotine test would have been negative. I understand its more cost effective on their health insurance however, what would you say to an obese person? You can become diabetic, suffer a stroke, or even heart disease. My question is where do they draw the line?
Pros
Really not fair to comment.
Cons
You lost a great seller.
Great Company as a Whole
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2016
To work with and for Huntington Bank as whole is great. But with my department there is no room for advancement and moving to something other than collections is a very difficult transition whether one is qualified for the position that they are applying for or not. It is just at this point I am feeling stagnant and not able to move forward. I am no longer being challenged or able to increase my skill set.
insurance, 401k, paid holiday, vacation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHFebruary 21, 2016
Co workers are great to work with. Meet a lot of customers and their families. Easy to pick out what you are wearing in the morning as attire is uniform
Pros
Adjustable lunch times
Cons
start up attire is expensive
Early Career
Banking Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 17, 2016
Early career
Limited opportunity for growth
Most opportunities are inside the branches
Limited customer impact
Programs are developed at a high level with no input from customer facing employees
Its about the numbers
Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 9, 2016
I come in and work hard, learn what I can so that I am a diverse and cross trained in every area that I can so that I can assist in just about any job function in my department. I am a team player and can say that for the most part I work with a great group of people. Our team is small but mighty...meaning for the number of staff we have we get alot of work done. My manager micro manages which makes me feel less than an adult. The hardes part of my job is dealing with co-workers that needto be babied. In an adutl envoronement we wll have to be adults and works towards getting the end result of our daily tasks. The most enjoyable part of my job is to know that I am assist other groups in the bank which in turn assist the customer in staying in their home...its a win.
This company was often unproductive for customers and staff.
Customer Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 8, 2016
Typical experience with this company as a customer often involved misleading or inaccurate information.

Typical experience with this company as an employee often involved leadership lacking in knowledge and poor training for employees.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
lack of educated supervisors, and lack of proper training
Enjoyable
Mortgage Processor II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I review loans for our TPL department, I recenlty have learned the new TRID regulations, the hardest part about my job is the system issues we face on a daily basis, the best part of my day is talking to my clients
Bank Teller , help customers with their money handling
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJanuary 28, 2016
Every day I either deposit or with drawl customers money for them and help them see how they can save their money. I also get to know every customer because most of our customers are regulars. I am a big people person, I enjoy having conversations.
Pros
Getting to know the customers
Cons
The pay is not as well as i need it to be
Great Management and staff
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 25, 2016
One of Huntington's most important values is being friendly to your guest and your staff. Everyone has to buy in, in order for a branch to be successful and my branch was very successful as a team!
Productive work place with great management and wonderful products
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 19, 2016
A typical work day at Huntington is very demanding, enjoyable and over all very fun. The diversity at work is very enlightening and I have learned many intriguing things about different cultures. Uncovering many financial needs of each and every customer is much easier than I thought because I am a great listener and I have learned to ask the right questions while keeping the focus on the customer and making sale goals.
Pros
Free lunches, Best employees, Great management, In store bank
Cons
Long hours, very open work place right by the main doors, very cold, In store bank
Review
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 18, 2016
I would not go back terrible work/life balance. they hire a bunch of people to just fire the right away. Very cut throat, very judgmental. If you have a life outside of work well dont you wont ever be able to do anything.
Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Working for this company gave me the experience of working face to face with customers and assist them in their banking needs.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
I relocated and had to leave.
Unrealistic expectation, great culture.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 17, 2016
Huntington is not inherently a BAD place to work. They hire GREAT people for the most part. I only worked with a couple bad eggs and management immediately recognized them and pushed them out. The gripe I have is the expectation.

The goals for Bankers work on a revenue model. Close a mortage, you get 10 basis points. Example, 100k mortgage is 100$. Multiply 100,000 by .001

Deposit account are worth 12. So, 100k Money Market is worth 120$. 100,000 multiplied by .0012

Credit cards are 25$ if they're active (purchase or balance transfer within the first 60 days)

There are a few other ways to get revenue in your name.

The problem: Upper management is disillusioned by this. The goals last year were between 100-175$, depending on the class of your branch for in-stores (within the Giant Eagle and Meijer stores)

The goals went up to 375$ this year.

People do not want sold to at the bank counter. They hate it. And it's not easy! People don't trust banks. Even some of the most skilled "Personal Bankers" struggle to hit goal. The hours are also terrible for a bank. I cannot count how many times I worked 8:15am-8:15PM then came in the next day at 8:15AM.

It starts to suck your soul after about 6 months of it. It's a new face, a new problem and a new complaint every time. Every customer who walks to the counter has to have at least one product pitched to them, no exceptions.

However! The sales training Huntington offers is top notch. They definitely know how to train you. If you're willing to learn, they're willing to teach.

If you want a job starting at 15$
  more... an hour, go for it. But I wouldn't stay long. Get experienced, take the training, and keep your eyes open for something else.  less
Fast paced enviroment that tries to reduce negative customer impact
Escrow Supervisor (Current Employee) –  7575 Huntington Park DrJanuary 17, 2016
We are a back office function responsible for processing payments for homeowners insurance, property taxes and completing annual reviews of escrow accounts. It is fast paced with daily, weekly and monthly functions/processes. We have daily wires to vendors that must be completed timely and accurately. We have reports to help ensure we are in compliance and have all items paid. We meet with the vendors bi-weekly to ensure we keep lines of communication open and work through any issues identified. We provide support for our mortgage call center using tasks entered through the system. We also provide support for an escalated escrow call center by addressing customer issues/concerns and providing direction on how to resolve the inquires. I have trained all the staff on their functions and continue to provide training as needed. We have completed process reviews to ensure we are working as efficiently as possible. All processes are documented and updated annually. We work with other departments when they have an escrow concern and help to improve department functions when they cross. I prepare files requested for the internal, external and investor audits as the occur and assist in answering any questions they have on our processes.
Pros
Great people, customer focused
Cons
No room for advancement
not my line of work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 12, 2016
line of work was not in my interest. It did teach me valuable sales presentation skills but not a great environment to work.
It was bad
Senior Banker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 12, 2016
The pay was okay but the company is far behind most banks. The room for advancement depends on if you are a manager's favorite. They lie and tell you that you work one Saturday a month then you end up working all of them because the managers doesn't work weekends.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
everything besides the pay
Fast paced, accomplished
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 11, 2016
My position is very fast pasted, I accomplish a lot in a 9 hr. work day. Everyday there is something new to learn. It is a very changeling yet a rewarding career position.
Pros
Love the position, great benefits and competitive pay
Cons
My drive time is the only con i can come up with.
Good companu
Personal banker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2016
Huntington allows you to advance in your career, the company has helped me gain many skills. The pay is competitive, the environment is great and human resources will make sure you are happy
overall good experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 28, 2015
when i started working there, there was a lead teller change and she flat out did not know how to train other people, which ended up costing me my job.