Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

Loved the clients
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, WIApril 2, 2017
Long hours and not enough time to do my job the way I would like to do my job the pay is good if you have enough staff and time to do your job which I'm good at but I have been being a teller more than a personal banker which is what I am
Pros
bonuses paid monthly
Cons
only 30 min lunches
working there
Customer Service / Mailmaster (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 29, 2017
Huntington is a good company...I have nothing bad to say about them except for the last manager that I had...she was horrible..I have nothing else to add
Pros
treated well
Cons
one bad manager
Productive bank with management trouble
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OHMarch 29, 2017
As far as the compensation in concerned, Huntington does provide a good compensation package and unfortunately it stop there. Their management is so concerned about Giant Eagle branches and back office support is lacking very heavily.
Pros
salaries
Cons
benefits, management, lack of knowledge from back office support
Friendly place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 28, 2017
I have learned to help customers with a lot of there banking needs. Management was nice a friendly and helped a lot. The most enjoyable thing was everyone was so nice and helped each other out when needed.
Productive work friendly workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 28, 2017
A typical day at work for me consist of being very productive with a sense of urgency and paying great attention to detail.The most enjoyable part of any job is helping customers overcome their concern about products and/or services. What I learned in a workplace can be applied to everyday life for i.e. integrity, professionalism, and mannerism.
N/a
Private Banking Service Specialist Sr. (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 27, 2017
Huntington has a great work culture. The open communication with higher management we great. The healthcare options and vacation time were normal. I did like the HSA account Huntington offers along with opportunities to earn money from wellness activities.
Mortgage Collector
Mortgage Collector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2017
I love Huntington as a company, the job I had I would never do it again, customers are very cruel, I got threatened, screamed at and cussed at every single day. I would recommend this company but not this job itself.
Pros
3 breaks, 1 hour and 2 15 min, salary, benefits
Cons
uncomfortable situations, co-workers
awesome place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Warren -Niles OhioMarch 25, 2017
great work place!!! Everyone is friendly and the training is very informative. The benefits are awesome and the health programs are amazing!! The management was the best I have ever worked with.
Pros
everything
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MIMarch 24, 2017
The work environment was great. The people were very kind and professional. However, the employees are under paid. I was hired in at 11.25 per hour and advanced to 12.00 plus commission. But management cut 90% of commission.
Pros
Fun atmospher
Cons
Low pay
Contractor during bank conversion
Treasury Management Support (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 20, 2017
Assisted in support center for Business Online customers during the conversion from First Merit to Huntington in Feb. 2017.
Nice support/call center environment. Friendly managers. No complaints. (job was a contract only position while needed).
Pros
close to downtown Akron
Cons
temporary job
Productive and challenging
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMarch 17, 2017
Working for Huntington bank gave me the opportunity to utilize my sales experience and education to grow with the bank and be an assistant manager. Even though it is a challenging position because you wear different hats - it allows you to be resourceful to the team and the customers. It allows you to be in charge and handle any situation that comes to play.
ok culture
VP (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 16, 2017
There has been a lot of turnover due to recent acquisition. conflicting messages sent to employees. culture suffered at hands of senior management.
Busy and quiet workplace
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2017
Extremely flexible, busy but quiet. Very active in charity work including pelotonia. decent food options and comfortable work stations. helpful and friendly environment.
Pros
work station
Cons
resources
Keep Employees fit
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2017
Workers rave about being part of a company that is doing something that matters in the region.employees respond favorably towards the company’s culture. Huntington shows it cares about employees by providing health and fitness centers on site or through health-club memberships
Go into it with the right expectations
Branch Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2017
As a banker your job is 100% sales. I'm encouraged to push customers into whatever products or services that help the branch reach its sales goal. I'm also expected to make 50 calls a day to bank customers to get them into the branch and make some sort of sale.

*This is my experience working at an "IN-STORE" branch, that means my bank is located inside a Giant Eagle supermarket. I have heard that at traditional branches this may or may not be the same deal.
Pros
Team-work amongst all of the branches
Cons
Horrible work life balance. Management only cares about goal
Huntington Bank
Relationship Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was providing client solutions such loan alternatives, saving them money, protecting their assets, reducing their debt service.

I learned to be and even better effective listener.

I learned to more effectively use inclusion.
Pros
good benefits
Competitive workplace but lacks strong management.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2017
A good place to get your experience in, but horrible management where they do not care who they trample on and dis-value their good employees the second they make an honest mistake.
Pros
engaging environment
Cons
management and healthcare
Retail Banking and Customer Relations
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2017
Being a Personal Banker at Huntington is very much like any other bank. You are responsible for generating sales and helping customers.

When I first started, Huntington was very much customer focused. We concentrated on taking care of the customer and their needs and were rewarded with sales revenue and commissions. But, recently, Huntington as developed a much more aggressive, sales before the customer mentality.

Tracking and micro-management is extremely prevalent as well. If activities aren't properly tracked, then disciplinary measures are taken, including termination.

Overall, it's retail banking.
Pros
Great employees, best pay for retail bankers in the area
Cons
Micro-management, Ever-changing expectations and job responsibilities
high volume call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 4, 2017
Management could be better with helping employees be more successful. Management could also be more understanding to the needs of employees. Overall great surrounding. Although, cubical desk instead of tables would be nice
Loved it!
Phone Bank Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 3, 2017
Loved everything about this job. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of great people. If the business didn't relocate far away from my home in Michigan I would still be there.
Pros
Meeting new people, flexible hours
Cons
Moved far away from me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bank. Our community is ready to answer.