Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

Good Pay, but not Flexible
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Bergholz, OHMay 27, 2015
Pros: daylight, pay, benefits
Cons: interrupted lunches, hard to get time off, poor staffing
Huntington is a nice place to work with lots of opportunity for advancement. The employees are wonderful and Management is okay. However, it isn't the most flexible job and has a poor work/life balance. It is hard to get time off for your family due to inadequate staffing.
Great place to work!
Teller (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMay 22, 2015
My typical day at the branch was managing the business customers. I was the business teller. I also was the ATM teller and managed the vault daily. My co-workers were great to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was to interact with all the customers taking care of their needs and providing the best customer service and experience they expected.
They try to make you feel important
CSA2 (Former Employee), Holland MIMay 21, 2015
Pros: bonuses
You are treated well, but no matter how great you are they make sure you know you are a body in a chair and you are expendable.
Great place to learn and grow
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 20, 2015
Pros: college tuition assistance
Huntington has been a great place to work. I worked for the company once, left the company due to being in school, and then came back. I love it more than the first time I was here. With any growing company, there have been many moments of stress. But through strong leadership and hardwork, Huntington has truly been an amazing place to work. The challenges are daily and varied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for me to grow in the future. I enjoy dealing with the public on a daily basis as I love to talk and help people.
Mediocre at best
Bank Teller (Current Employee), OHMay 18, 2015
Pros: customers are fantastic! Amount of vacation and policy around work/life balance
Cons: reality of work/life balance, management, scheduling
My colleagues are wonderful. My managers leave something to be desired. Micromanagement is a huge issue, and if you aren't a hive minded person who can fall in with the rest of the drones, just doing what you're told is the best thing for the customer, forget this place. Your own values are null and void.
For those who thrive on change, this may be a good fit. However, the changes are quite literally constant with significant adjustments to incentive programs, referral expectations, etc. occurring at least annually if not more frequently, and policy and procedure are under constant scrutiny with a 'gray area' for those customers with substantial banking relationships, i.e. they have a lot of money.
There is definite favoritism amongst management, and at least from mine, a lot of childish vindictive behavior, lies and half-truths, and vacation scheduling is a complete joke with the branch manager taking the last 3 weeks of the year off and never allowing the rest of us any additional holiday time with family. Most of the time I don't even receive acomplete schedule for a given week until the Friday or Saturday leading into it, and on multiple occasions have been told to show up at a given time on Monday and I'll get the rest of the schedule then. How can a person plan anything in life around that kind of junk?
Not a great experience for me and I'm working on finding my way out.
Welcoming and Wonderful Environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 13, 2015
Pros: clients, co-workers, and understanding management
I loved everything about this job, the management, clientele and my co-workers. The environment was so welcoming even on your bad days, I felt like i could be myself and enjoy my job 24/7.
Did not enjoy my time
Teller (Former Employee), Mentor, OhioMay 13, 2015
Treated me disrespectfully and will never work for them again. Not flexible with families or school. Good job for a single person right out of school.
banking job
Process Specialist - Special Assets (Former Employee), columbus ohMay 6, 2015
Not a good paying job. Lot of favoritism going on. Position was deleted but was not offered another open position. I had to get laid off and apply for any open positions.
Employees were just a number, company profits were the priority.
Accounts Payable, CSR, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good Health Insurance
Cons: Not flexible for doctor appointments or family emergencies.
Each work position had similar hours from 8:00 am. to 5:00 pm. The local location had required Saturday hours from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.

Counted down cash drawer, ordered cash for the day. Daily duties such as night drop deposits, and automatic teller deposits; entering and posted deposits.

Monthly Compliance tests.

Accounts Payable worked downtown Columbus. Started computer and began verifying and reviewing invoices.

Administrative Assistant worked downtown Columbus.
Gives back to the community in many ways.
TELLER-CSR (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHApril 29, 2015
Great place for movement and education. Although this is a large corporate company they treat you with small town values, like family.
Fun coworkers
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 28, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers.. They were very hard working and we all got along very will. I returned all voice mails to my customers. Check my to do list for the files that needed worked that day. The hardest part of the job, was to closing loans in 30 days.
Great place to work in most areas
Technical support (Former Employee), MidTownApril 28, 2015
Pros: money cafeteria on site lots of restaurants and malls near by
Cons: Getting hired on and their lay off methods
Too many temps and consultants with many skills that should be hired on. If you can get hired in you have a great chance for a promotion.
Good workplace but compensation is low
Deal Management Consultant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 28, 2015
Employees are not rewarded for good work. Bonus structure needs work and employees need to be paid similar to the market standards.
Small branch with friendly customers.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Spencerville, OHApril 27, 2015
helping clients with their financial needs was a very rewarding feeling. also branch staff was minimum so that enabled good teamwork and the ability for everyone to learn multiple jobs.
Great Company
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Canton, MIApril 23, 2015
Huntington creates a high quality Job Work/Life Balance. As a Company they invest in their employees and their development. There are great opportunities of advancement within their footprint.
Up and coming banking environment
PROCESS TEAM LEAD/TRAINER (Former Employee), Columbus OHApril 22, 2015
Pros: diversity
Cons: security
* Great people - from management to the mail room
* Lots of diversity, both in the work and the people
* Community involved and supportive - accross the company footprint, not just corporate
Awesome co-workers
SENIOR COLLECTOR (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioApril 21, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: None
I worked for Huntington Bank for 19 wonderful years in the collections department, I enjoyed the co-workers and the benefits at Huntington Bank.
Professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
SENIOR ESCALATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee), OhioApril 20, 2015
Good work life balance for many. Friendly atmosphere.
I learned to look at the whole picture and make decisions accordingly
BAD
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Holland, MIApril 10, 2015
Pros: really nothing.
Cons: healthcare, environment, pay, incentives....
Expectancy theory was broken over and over again. The amount of effort it took to get sales incentives sucked. They have no idea how to manage employees or managers. Everythign is decentralized causing chaos throughout. The actual workers were great but it was hard to motivate sice expectancy and equity was completly off. They should thank they lucky stars they are not sued for wrongful termination and ADA issues/
Great place to gain experience and grow
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 6, 2015
Great environment that allows you to develop skills and grow. The job of a personal banker allows for daily interaction with both new and returning customers. You can really make a difference in your customers'' lives daily.
Headquarters