Huntington Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Great People, Great hours
UNIVERSAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 16, 2015
The best part about working in banking is the hours. I was lucky and have had the chance to work with some really great people! Its a very sales driven company! The bonus incentives are nice and the benefits are good also!
Pros
hours, people
Cons
cold calling, not a lot of room for advancement
Challenging yet balanced
In Store Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MINovember 12, 2015
Good company to work for. They ensure you maintain a good work/life balance, and offer exceptional incentives and benefits. The job challenges you to grow and perform to your best ability.
Pros
benefits, pay, incentives, work/life balance
Cons
inexperienced management, open Sundays
Huntington Bank Retail
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 11, 2016
Huntington bank has gone through a ton of growth lately while many other banks are downsizing. This has created a lot of opportunity for those seeking a career in banking. Along with this rapid growth is a shortage of training. It seems as if the training focuses more on the basics and the sales process but not so much on how to get things done in the field. Most would say to just ask another person at the branch but when you're the most senior person there with 10 months of experience it leads to having to ask those at other locations to talk you through certain procedures via the phone. This creates problems at many levels and leaves bankers looking unprofessional in the eyes of customers. Many things need resolved while the customer is still in the branch.

While the benefits and pay are very reasonable the other downside to Huntington is that many of us are just a really small blip on corporates radar. That being said when accidents in terms of benefits, sales, or pay take place corporate is very slow to resolve.
Pros
Small team environment. More like a family at the branch level.
Cons
Rapidly expanding company without the back office help to support.
A typical day at work
AML Investigator I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 17, 2015
Investigate highest risk business and consumers using various comprehensive investigative methods and independent decision making to determine if the activity is suspicious. Review initial referrals and escalations, and provide accurate analysis and documentation of suspicious activity. Formulate suspicious activity reports on the most complex cases and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) decisions, and recommend appropriate risk-based business actions to be taken concerning business and consumer relationships.
Pros
I love what I do
Cons
training is an ongoing process
Manager (Current Employee) –  West MichiganDecember 19, 2015
Great management for the most part and great experience at this employer. Not very high paying in this call center unfortunately. great place overall and an excellent company to work for
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
pay
Good companu
Personal banker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2016
Huntington allows you to advance in your career, the company has helped me gain many skills. The pay is competitive, the environment is great and human resources will make sure you are happy
Sales and customer service oriented
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Germantown, OHSeptember 23, 2015
Productive work environment, sales focused and customer service oriented. Personal Bankers responsible for managing the loan process, acct opening and closing. Credit Cards, meeting sales goals. Advising customers of the best product for them. I worked my way up from the teller line to this postion.
Pros
balanced work schedule
Cons
not the location I need
Great Entry Level Job with Room for Advancement
Customer Service Associate 2 (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 6, 2015
I love working for Huntington. They actually care about their employees and help you to reach your own goals so that you can advance. Attendance policy is a tad strict. So be sure to show up! But other than than, no complaints at all!
Pros
Paid breaks, Easy to advance, one on one time with managers
Fun and fast paced work environment.
Store Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHOctober 26, 2015
Build relationships while opening accounts, generate loans, sell and refer specialty products and resolve customer inquiries.
Provide financial solutions using productive, consultative sales skillls to market bank products and services.
Huntington Bank was a new experience for me.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 1, 2015
Huntington Bank was my first experience at working for a banking institution. It was a good experience, but it also had it's drawbacks. The experience developed character in me as a person.
Pros
A completely new experience
Cons
Development opportunities for my role were not available.
Good place to work.
Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2015
A typical day includes building and maintaining databases and monitoring the department printers to ensure they are running smoothly. My co-workers are fantastic! If someone needs help with something, they will all offer to help.
Pros
You're always busy.
Cons
Pay is not comparable for the type of work I do.
It was better and it was worse...
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioDecember 23, 2015
I was the "911" of the Corporate Tax Department, Along with my responsibilities, I had the investigaive and resolution duties for any and all problems, inquires, notices, queries.
Benifits
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 21, 2015
Great Place until Higher ups try to control everyone and what they do they than don't care for they employees but thy to say they care for they customers but bottom line they care about how much money in their pocket and nothing else
IT vertical within Huntington is a tough place to be!
Infrastructure Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2015
Overall the culture at Huntington is what attracted me in the first place. Over the years there has been a large influx of Chase colleagues and the culture has shifted dramatically. The IT environment is not one that I would recommend at this time.
Pros
Small company culture
Cons
IT vertical is too much like Chase with too many mid level managers concerned about themselves.
This company is a great company to work for.
Loans Process Administrator/ Bill Pay (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 31, 2015
This company has plenty of room for growth. You can move to different departments and get promoted. Had nice managers to talk to.
Pros
Room for growth and free checking/savings account
Cons
The starting pay is low
Like the Company; Disliked the Position
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 18, 2015
I like Huntington very much as a company and still bank there.

However, working as a CSA for them was a nightmare, and one that I walked away from as soon as I found another position.

It is through no fault of the managers, as they did everything that they could to make the position tolerable. I am convinced that working at a bank's call center is going to be high-stress no matter how cushy management tries to make it for one simple reason: why does one call their bank? When there is an issue with their money. Thus, most calls were high stress and low satisfaction.

The most enjoyable part of this position was lunch, and leaving at the end of the day. It was that bad, I would wake up everyday dreading to go to work. Additionally, CSAs were expected to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, hence the low rating for work life balance.

Overall, if you can get a position with Huntington as a mortgage processor, loan closer, manager, etc. it is a good company. But if you are offered a position in their call center as a CSA, run. Run as far and as fast as you can.
Good work life
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 15, 2015
There was a great work/home balance. I felt like a member of a team, or family. The PTO was awesome and the management was great! It wasn't that difficult to make numbers there because the customers that walked in the door love that bank just as much as the colleagues do, and it shows!
Pros
Great PTO and Tellers get paid for Referrals!!
Cons
Health Benefits SUCK!!
terrible place to work
Reviewed work performance (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 27, 2015
This is the worst job I have ever had the management is very incompetent. There is no room for advance the company doesn't care about it's employees
overall good experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 28, 2015
when i started working there, there was a lead teller change and she flat out did not know how to train other people, which ended up costing me my job.
not my line of work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 12, 2016
line of work was not in my interest. It did teach me valuable sales presentation skills but not a great environment to work.