Huntington Bank

Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

Fast-paced environment
Teller (Current Employee), Muskegon, MIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: offer incentives, 401k
Great way to develop strong relationship with customers.

Not much turnover within company, so it is nice to be working with the same people over years.
Okay place
Customer Service Represenative (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 1, 2014
Pros: easy, fast paced
Cons: repetitiveness
My experience at huntington i would rate as okay. The people I work with are fun and outgoing. My biggest complaint would be management. I feel like you could ask every manager the same question and you would get a different answer from every one of them. If you are a figure it out yourself type of person this would be perfect for you.
Positive
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Holland MINovember 23, 2014
Nice, friendly work environment. Too far of a drive for me though
Bank Teller
Bank teller (Former Employee), Lima, OHNovember 23, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: working 6 days a week.
Very fast paced, multi tasking environment. Computer system not up to standards.
Great workplace
Process Specialist Team leader (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 16, 2014
Great workplace and very understanding to their employees
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Holland, MINovember 12, 2014
Very nice culture within the bank, growth opportunity, great training.
My daily routine
Accounts Receivable/Process Administrator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: extensive sitting
My typical day is greeting my co-workers with a Good Morning!!
Preparing my work for the days processing.
Signing into all my systems to allows me to process my work.
Most my co-workers gether and go get breakfast, supervisor as well!!
Breakfast makes for a productive day.
I key receivable payments all day long and keeping focus is hardest part of my job, because of being a fast -pace environment it – more... is busy.
I process all default accounts within Huntington Bank so I have work continueously placed in my tray.
The most enjoyable part of the job is everything!! The co-workers and the type of work I process from Keying to Balancing.
I'm in control of what happens in my position, I am in the drivers sit. I love my job!!
Sometimes very stressful but the stress motivates me to work in a productive way. – less
OK if you like being micro managed like a kid
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Pickerington, OHNovember 7, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: bad management and controlling and bullying very common.
You are only as good as your last sale. Bad managers getting promoted and some are on serious power trips.If they don't like you then good luck making over 1 year. Anyone over 25, I would not suggest this job.
Productive, fun place to work
Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2014
Pros: great support
Cons: lead production low
• Identify new prospects and revenue opportunities for services using Banking Center referrals, Business Banking, Investments, COI’s, and lead lists generated for assigned market territory
• Extremely efficient at cold calling daily, networking, canvassing and other sales tactics to help achieve all revenue
• Meeting with all assigned branches within territory to enhance product awareness regularly – more... and generate creative ideas and tactics to increase the frequency of quality partner referrals.
• Utilize Salesforce heavily for all leads, cross-sales and prospective opportunities within pipeline.
• Providing accurate, timely and professional responses to all referrals and partners daily.
• Developing and delivering concise as well as effective presentations to prospective merchants which include a full suite of product/services, pricing, and providing field support to existing book of business within assigned territory.
• Very strong B2B skills, hunter experience – less
Productive and great people to work with
Process Mail Room Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2014
Pros: i got plenty of exercise by walking, and lifting boxes all day. plus, meeting good people along the way.
Cons: occasional downtime between tasks during the day.
My typical day at work was sorting and delivering interoffice and US mail. And delivering office supplies among the departments within the bank.
Enjoyable working with smiling faces each day
Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 5, 2014
Pros: getting a bonus per every referral, holiday party's were great
This was a wonderful place to work, Meeting new people each and every day, a typical day at work was enjoyable, what I learned were skills to be a great C.S.R., Management was great making sure we have all the tools to get accounts opened. the co-workers were wonderful. the overall job was enjoyable.
Productive and fun
Process Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 2, 2014
Pros: great place to work. excellent pto
Cons: health care could be better
A typical day at my current position with Huntington Bank is the first thing I expected to accomplish is to run my excepted work load in a timely manner. My position runs on daily deadlines in which certain jobs are expected to be completed and processed for mailing. My co-workers are essential part of completing these daily tasks and making sure work is finished in time to meet these deadlines. We count on each other and help one another in running the daily workload. The hardest part of my current job is limitation for advancement within my department.
love this company
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Canton, OHOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great co workers
would assist customers with any transactions they need done, balance drawers and vault as well.
The service is pretty awful and therefore, most phones you will sell will have issues.
Personal Banking Specialist (Current Employee), Warren, MIOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free phone.
Cons: bad managment and room for advancement is only for who you know, not how well you perform.
Loved it
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee), Lima, OHOctober 26, 2014
I loved working for this company! Typical day at work was helping customers, following guidelines and giving great customer service while soft selling bank's products.
No work life balance
Vice President/Branch Manager (Former Employee), Canton, OHOctober 22, 2014
I never got to see my children. Would never go back and work there.
Wonderful company to work for
Personal Banker/Loan Officer (Current Employee), Canton, OHOctober 22, 2014
This company is wonderful to work for. You can tell from day one that they care about each employee. Unfortunately, the branch management needs to show more compassion to their team as well as become more fair with the work/life balance with scheduling.
lack computer technology to complete daily functions
ACCOUNT RELATIONSHIP ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Westerville, OHOctober 21, 2014
lack computer technology to complete daily functions, led to a frustrations. Great bunch of people to work with though.
This employment was due to a Merger.
If you value your sanity, don't work here!
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), miscOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good pay, loved my manager
Cons: long hours, under staffed, upper management clueless, constant conference calls
I worked at a bank that was bought out by Huntington. It was hectic in the beginning but we were hopeful things would change. They cut our staff and customers started complaining. Now, our once fully staffed office has three tellers. Customers complain daily about the wait time and we are told it's the staff. "We aren't doing what's necessary to keep them happy". Hire more people and that will make – more... them happy! We have staff who just come to work and barely do their jobs and go home. They don't want to be there and it shows. They tell us "coach up or coach out". There's no accountability and you can't write people up. They blame management for everything. Lazy staff is not the fault of management. If you can't reprimand them, then expect what you get. I loved working for my manager. Upper management though is clueless. It's all about money in their pockets and meeting goals with no regards to what their staff thinks or how they see things. Conference calls almost daily, meetings that you have to drive to monthly and it doesn't matter that you're short staffed. If you have or want to have a life, this is not the job or place for you. There is no work/life balance. None! – less
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 20, 2014
great place to work, it was great working with so many different customers each day

About Huntington Bank

Huntington Bancshares is the holding company for The Huntington National Bank, which operates about 650 branches in Indiana, Kentucky, – Read more

Huntington Bank Salaries