Huntington Beach Hospital Employee Reviews

Very laid back work environment, nice staff and always clean place because employees take there jobs very seriously here.
Pso security officer (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 3, 2016
Overall I would give this hospital a very good review. The only thing I would say is that they don't pay you what you are worth. I think if they paid there employees better then the quality of effort would greatly improve and could be a top teir hospital like the competition. Also stop making employees feel like it's ok to get training and leave with the revolving door outlook!
Pros
Best manger in security that ever will be!!
Cons
Not paid enough!!!
good place for new grad
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 14, 2016
This is a good learning place for new nursing grad. People are nice and worked well with each other. A lot of changes in management since I started working there.
Hospital
Licensed Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 1, 2016
Productive, busy, hands on, new grads excepted, increased growing, changing, learning environment, provides some training in specific departments, Co-workers are very supportive & family like
Pros
Busy, stable census
Cons
High turn over rate with3mployees, especially with administration
Pharmacy Director (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Huntington Beach Hospital Pharmacy is a good environment to work with many supporting staffs. It also located in a good location in the heart of Orange County
Wound Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Inpatient and out patient wound care departmentSeptember 16, 2015
HBH is a great hospital to work at. I enjoyed my coworkers. Doctors were approachable. during my employment I was given an opportunity to advance and achieve many leadership and goals.
n/a
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 16, 2015
its a great place to start in the medical field , its a small hospital with a lot of work to be done and not much to be given, thats pretty much it
a very productive place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 9, 2015
fill cassettes, enter oders for patient, prepare iv, fill medications under pharmacist supervision, put medications away and destroy medications
productive workplace
Pbx Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 26, 2015
I love my job and I love what I can do to help others. Everyday is different and you learn from that. You grow and learn at the same time.
Icu rn
Intensive Care Unit-Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Worked in a busy 12 ICU. Work load was heavy. Monitored patients vitals and critical monitored. Many co workers were just as busy and difficult to get someone to help when needed. I enjoyed keep family updated on patients care and plan of care.
Pros
Enjoyed caring for patients, and keeping family updated
Cons
Short breaks
Great place for starting out
Echo Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach HospitalSeptember 10, 2014
HBH gave me my jump start into my career
I do everything at HBH that I have wanted to do as an echo sonographer
Every employee there is pleasant and happy

Want to know more about Huntington Beach Hospital?

Ask a question
nice HR and good boss, nice equipment and nice peers.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 26, 2014
can be busy some of the shift and to work with peers very experienced to offer help when needed.
Good work environment
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 23, 2014
Patrolling hospital, assisting staff, visitors, and patients, respond to emergency calls, report writing,
Pros
Getting more experience the field leading towards law enforcement
Cons
N/a
Crime healthcare
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 30, 2013
Don't expect to be happy here, it's nothing more than people who care more about dollar signs than the well being of patients. I can't even count the number of facilities the owners now own, but there are 4 in OC including LaPalma, GG, & West Anaheim. Anyway that the owner can save a dollar they will, even if you've worked there for so many yrs that doesn't even matter. Not to mention the fact that they have 1 manager per dept for working for 2 facilities. Yes very overwhelming and not enough pay. Nothing special about working here so I highly suggest searching elsewhere. I worked here for 5 yrs and finally found the courage to leave, & it was the best decision I ever made!!!
Pros
I lived down the street
Cons
Overwhelming with low pay, no advancement, favoritism towards higher positioned employees, poor management
Good experience, great A-Team.
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 14, 2013
Unfortunately, the hospital was sold and the culture and business plan changed resulting in a multitude of lay-offs.
Pros
Free Parking, Employee, Benefits
Cons
Change in ownership.
Greedy owners
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Huntington BeachMay 3, 2013
Yes there are friendly people who also work for Prime but definitely overworked and under paid... This by far has been the worst company I've ever worked for and the benefits... Please be ready to pay an arm and a leg if you want good insurance yeah sure you think it's a hospital so you'll have great coverage? Nope you might as well apply for Medi-cal... Also there's no room for advancement and unless you're a nurse or a doctor don't expect special treatment from anyone... Would highly suggest that you future candidates work for another hospital and not a Prime facility!!!!!
Pros
Local
Cons
Poor benefits, no advancement, low pay
Huntington Beach Hospital
LVN Staff Nurse/Case Management (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 5, 2013
When I originally started at HBH is was a floor nurse. I worked night shift in Med/Surg, Telemetry, and ICU. I later became a discharge planner. As a discharge planner, my typical day would be to organize and manage the 3 other case managers. What I learned was the running's of discharge planning and case management. My co-workers were like family. The hardest part of my job was the fact that I had worked my way up the ladder with no advancement opportunity. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to help patients out.
Pros
i knew the hospital and how it worked
Cons
no advancement opportunity
Work is very prodactive and fun
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 17, 2012
Work was very prodactive, co-workers helped a lot, I learned non-invasive ventilation(Bi-PAP, CPAP),
excellent place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 10, 2012
Huntington Beach Hospital was a great place to work. My day started with picking up charts and breaking them down. Then I would do alphabetical and terminal digit filing of patient reports and charts. Then I would deliver the charts and mail to the units and the offices. The management and my co workers were very helpful and I learned alot from them. I enjoyed all of the work and being busy and productive throughout the day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no healthcare-- i was a volunteer
Tele/med-surg RN
Registered Nurse, Telemetry-Medical/Surgical (Former Employee) –  HB, CASeptember 27, 2012
Floor nurse, floating med-surg/telemetry, direct patient care
good teamwork
Student LVN, (Acute) (Former Employee) –  Hontington beachJuly 29, 2012
not all the areas are the same, I had the best experiences in med-surge area and ER and telemetry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Beach Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2