Huntington Beach Hospital

Huntington Beach Hospital United States Employee Reviews

a very productive place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAMarch 9, 2015
fill cassettes, enter oders for patient, prepare iv, fill medications under pharmacist supervision, put medications away and destroy medications
productive workplace
Pbx Operator (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 26, 2015
I love my job and I love what I can do to help others. Everyday is different and you learn from that. You grow and learn at the same time.
ICU RN
Intensive Care Unit-Staff RN (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: enjoyed caring for patients, and keeping family updated
Cons: short breaks
Worked in a busy 12 ICU. Work load was heavy. Monitored patients vitals and critical monitored. Many co workers were just as busy and difficult to get someone to help when needed. I enjoyed keep family updated on patients care and plan of care.
Great place for starting out
Echo Technician (Current Employee), Huntington Beach HospitalSeptember 10, 2014
HBH gave me my jump start into my career
I do everything at HBH that I have wanted to do as an echo sonographer
Every employee there is pleasant and happy
nice HR and good boss, nice equipment and nice peers.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAAugust 26, 2014
can be busy some of the shift and to work with peers very experienced to offer help when needed.
Good work environment
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAMay 23, 2014
Pros: getting more experience the field leading towards law enforcement
Cons: n/a
Patrolling hospital, assisting staff, visitors, and patients, respond to emergency calls, report writing,
Crime healthcare
Former employee (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CANovember 30, 2013
Pros: i lived down the street
Cons: overwhelming with low pay, no advancement, favoritism towards higher positioned employees, poor management
Don't expect to be happy here, it's nothing more than people who care more about dollar signs than the well being of patients. I can't even count the number of facilities the owners now own, but there are 4 in OC including LaPalma, GG, & West Anaheim. Anyway that the owner can save a dollar they will, even if you've worked there for so many yrs that doesn't even matter. Not to mention the fact that they have 1 manager per dept for working for 2 facilities. Yes very overwhelming and not enough pay. Nothing special about working here so I highly suggest searching elsewhere. I worked here for 5 yrs and finally found the courage to leave, & it was the best decision I ever made!!!
Good experience, great A-Team.
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CANovember 14, 2013
Pros: free parking, employee, benefits
Cons: change in ownership.
Unfortunately, the hospital was sold and the culture and business plan changed resulting in a multitude of lay-offs.
Greedy owners
Clerical (Former Employee), Huntington BeachMay 3, 2013
Pros: local
Cons: poor benefits, no advancement, low pay
Yes there are friendly people who also work for Prime but definitely overworked and under paid... This by far has been the worst company I've ever worked for and the benefits... Please be ready to pay an arm and a leg if you want good insurance yeah sure you think it's a hospital so you'll have great coverage? Nope you might as well apply for Medi-cal... Also there's no room for advancement and unless you're a nurse or a doctor don't expect special treatment from anyone... Would highly suggest that you future candidates work for another hospital and not a Prime facility!!!!!
Huntington Beach Hospital
LVN Staff Nurse/Case Management (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAMarch 5, 2013
Pros: i knew the hospital and how it worked
Cons: no advancement opportunity
When I originally started at HBH is was a floor nurse. I worked night shift in Med/Surg, Telemetry, and ICU. I later became a discharge planner. As a discharge planner, my typical day would be to organize and manage the 3 other case managers. What I learned was the running's of discharge planning and case management. My co-workers were like family. The hardest part of my job was the fact that I had worked my way up the ladder with no advancement opportunity. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to help patients out.
Work is very prodactive and fun
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAOctober 17, 2012
Work was very prodactive, co-workers helped a lot, I learned non-invasive ventilation(Bi-PAP, CPAP),
excellent place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAOctober 10, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no healthcare-- i was a volunteer
Huntington Beach Hospital was a great place to work. My day started with picking up charts and breaking them down. Then I would do alphabetical and terminal digit filing of patient reports and charts. Then I would deliver the charts and mail to the units and the offices. The management and my co workers were very helpful and I learned alot from them. I enjoyed all of the work and being busy and productive throughout the day.
Tele/med-surg RN
Registered Nurse, Telemetry-Medical/Surgical (Former Employee), HB, CASeptember 27, 2012
Floor nurse, floating med-surg/telemetry, direct patient care
good teamwork
Student LVN, (Acute) (Former Employee), Hontington beachJuly 29, 2012
not all the areas are the same, I had the best experiences in med-surge area and ER and telemetry.
Friendly and helpful staff
Cardiac Echo Technician (Former Employee), Huntington Beach CaliforniaJuly 16, 2012
Pros: close to the beach and fresh air
Cons: not living near the fresh air/beach
A most wonderful place to work......I also was able to work very well with the physicians within the facility and surrounding departments, including ICU, Respiratory dept. as well as the Cardiology dept..
Great and teaching hospital to work at.
Emergency Room Admitting Coordinator (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CaliforniaJune 23, 2012
This hospital gave me more experience working in the Emergency room, the confidence to step out as a leader and begin taking on additional challenges to show that I wanted more growth and responsibility at work. I truly enjoyed my time working at this hospital.