Here's what people have asked and answered about working for and interviewing at Huntington Ingalls Industries.
A working environment with high moral standards
Demanding and physically draining
First shift is great. Night shifts get an extra 1.50
Hair samples are taken that screen the employee for illegal drugs. The screening process looks at the employees drug activities as far back as one full year.
Yes benefits can be a bit on the high end.
1 week vacation on your anniversary date.
Employee break room is available.
Parking is first come first serve basis.
It takes about 2 weeks to get hired.
1. Apply for job on company website
2. Meet with HR Representative
3. Take required job-related testing
4. Get examined by medical staff
5. Go through necessary training classes
6. Arrive on job site to begin working
40 hours a week unless you want to work overtime
With security clearances and paperwork , about three months.
Don't know when I got hired I didn't have to go through that.