Huntington Ingalls Industries Employee Reviews

Productive hard work
Shipfitter/Welder (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 27, 2017
Come to work everyday if not that's how you can get fired if you are a hard worker they will take care of you and make sure you have a job to support your family
Great place the advance
1st Class Electrician - Lead Man (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 26, 2017
I have learned a lot about how to manage life and work by being employed here. The hours are great Mon-Fri, 6am-2:30pm. The hardest part of the job is the hot summer months.
Pros
Advancement, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, Dangers
Typical day at work
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 23, 2017
Wake up around 6 and get ready to go to work. Work starts at 7 and from there on its just work but working safely is top priority. Getting work done right the first time
Pros
Meet new people, Learn new skills
Cons
no problems with this job
Great place
Insulator covering pipes, Bulkhead on ships (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 22, 2017
A great place for improvement and always room for advancement, leadership with good benefits And wonderful work environment Working well with new people and others
productive workplace
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 16, 2017
it have it's up and down
I learn how to do a lot things
it ok they need to learn how treat there worker
it safe
when you have to clean up unhealthy thing
I love everything about my job
Pros
lunch break and 15 min
Cons
short breaks healthcare
could be better
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 14, 2017
Pay and benefits are great, The way you build up vacation time a PT time sucks, Management shows a lot of favoritism to there own at times, Feels like your at work more then went your family.
Money and insurance is great.
Outside Machinist (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 11, 2017
The money and insurance is great. I really don't know what else I need to put in here. It's steady work and easy to learn. Training is not a problem. Seriously.
hard work thats under appreciated.
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 10, 2017
While working we had higher ups try to force their foremen to threaten us with write ups because we weren't showing up for work due to weather conditions. Some people actually got in trouble because they couldn't show up to work due it icy roads and snow pile ups.
Pros
alright health plan
Cons
sexism, double standards, hypocrisy, bad management.
They railroad you if you serve your country
Engineer Mechanical 2 (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 10, 2017
Basically they violated my reemployment rights long enough until I made a mistake and was fired. Essentially they just wanted any excuse to get rid of me after my second deployment.
Pros
there aren't any
Cons
good
Painter/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 8, 2017
A typical day at work is hard and steady and also a very good place to work with other people and to learn about the different types of jobs inside of Huntington ingalls
It is what u make it
Pipefitter Instructor/On-Job-Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 8, 2017
Positive attitude can get u through it all. I really have enjoy the environment and the people. I have gained alot of experience during my time here...
Hard, yet rewarding, work
CLASS A COMBINATION ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 6, 2017
As a combination electrician working aboard naval vessels, one would never know which compartment he or she would work in. This fact keeps the work interesting, but many times frustrating. The job is grimy, hot (regardless of season), and sometimes hazardous. It's an exciting place to work! All of the foreman that I worked with treated me fairly, and with about as much respect as one expects in an industrial capacity. Like most industrial jobs, where the work is tiresome and heavy, attitudes can sometimes get a bit 'chippy', but after the day is done, most of us walked out on good terms. As an electrician working aboard a ship, the toughest part, for me, was the heat. The most enjoyable part was the variety of jobs I would find myself doing.
Pros
Very good insurance and retirement plan
Cons
HOT!
Fast paced enviroment...
First Class Electrician (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 5, 2017
Punch in at 6:00
Report to office
Have safety briefing
Get Job Assignment
Start work
Work load could consist of wiring in transformers, Running cable or conduit, Wiring panels, and/ or Fiber Optics......

Lunch time 11:00-11:30

Day ends at 2:30
Challenging and Fast-paced environment
PRODUCTION PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 2, 2017
I have been with HII for 4 years and it has been a challenging experience. I currently work multiple areas by myself that in the past have been 3-4 peoples responsibilities with no compensation. Budget cuts, layoffs, no raises and minimal promotions has made for a bumpy ride. The people are great, but there is little to no reward for hard work.
MASTER MECHANIC/SHIPFITTER/WELDER/PIPRFITR (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 1, 2017
Ingalls is a great place to work ,I got alone with employees,I like there work schedule,ther insurance was great ,the only problem with this company was the driving distance it took three hours from my home .I resign becaus I found a new job in air conditioning closer to home,
Pros
LOT OF OVERTIME
Cons
TOO MANY SUPERVISIORS
not a good enviroment
Planner (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 21, 2017
Team building is not in place, Leader's is not leading, It is hard to move up. As for me I would be very careful as to the department you choose to work with.
Its a great place
Painter/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSFebruary 20, 2017
Its a greatplace to work at and provide for your family also option to advance and learn new skills if you are wanting a carrer this is the place but not for wveryone
Pros
Pay
Cons
Demanding work environment
I enjoy my job i work around some of the best craftmen in the world
Hull welder (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSFebruary 19, 2017
It may not be the best environment of places to work, but i enjoy welding and knowing that were building ship's to carry some of the bravest men and women in the world who risk there lives everyday for our country
productive and knowledgable work place
ship fitter x11 (Former Employee) –  newport news va carrier/submarine programsFebruary 17, 2017
Great for veterans who are transitioning. I really enjoyed working for Huntington Ingalls Industries. I still apply to get in just waiting for the opportunity to be granted. If you have a lot going on family wise just make sure your in a position to be able to make it on time and not have to be out for whatever reason. Documentation only lasts for so long they need you there 365.
Pros
health benefits and overtime.
Cons
management
8 years with this company
Shipfitter (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSFebruary 7, 2017
Steady job , it can be hard work at time especially in the heat but as long as u come into work u get your raise no questions asked . I really liked working there .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Ingalls Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Huntington Ingalls Industries Reviews by Location