Huntington Ingalls Industries

Huntington Ingalls Industries Employee Reviews

Great Low stress security/law enforcement position.
Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee), Newport News, VaMay 18, 2015
Great, very knowledgeable, co-workers make this job worth the while. Micromanagement and lack of knowledge from some supervisors is a bit of a challenge, but do-able. The hardest part of the job is actually finding a parking spot prior to work (28,000 workers over three shifts).
Good Company to work for
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Newport News, VAMay 11, 2015
This is a good company to work for. They understand your work life balance. They have an evolving IT department that encourages young talent.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Admin Functional Support (Current Employee), Newport News, VaMay 3, 2015
I enjoy working for Huntington Ingalls Industries. The management there is great and you can learn so much with this company. There is plenty of room to develop and grow. The hardest part of the job is learning and understanding the needs of several different trades as this is a company that builds quality war ships. I have earned so much with the development in overhauling these great war ships administratively.
Industrial Engineer 1 Huntington Ingalls Industries:
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), Pascagoula, MSApril 21, 2015
Perform program/craft support project management for a multi-billion dollar shipbuilding contract with heavy emphasis on data analysis, communication with management, and presentation of materials. Assist shipyard personnel with labor estimates for upcoming work, plans for improving performance, and earned value terminology. Extensive daily use of Microsoft Excel and Access 2010 as project management tools. In April 2014, after 15 months with Hntington Ingalls, I took on the new role and responsabilites of supporting the Director of Coatings moving out of homeroom. My immediate Industrial Engineering piers and Management team at Huntington Ingalls have been exceptional and working with this team has been a great experience. A large portion of my success with this company would be for not if the working relationships that I’ve developed and maintained had not been established.
I would work for them again in a heartbeat
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Full Benefits, Plenty of Elective Overtime, Great People
Cons: Warehouses get a bit warm in the Summer
The crews were super friendly, and understanding. Even the grumpiest of co-workers had a sense of humor. The Management I was under was amazing, and took great care of their employees. I was there for just over a year, but had to leave due to family issues out of state. In that time I went from making $12.76 an hour to $16.38 an hour. I would love a chance to go back and work for Huntington Ingalls Industries NNS, but at the moment it is just over 700 miles away from where I am stranded in Michigan. I still have plenty of people down there ready and willing to put in a good word for me to return. I miss the work environment and most of all my friends there at NNS.
Job Security
X32 Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 13, 2015
A good day at work consisted of having an assignment that could be worked with very little discrepancies. Learned a great bit a detail to being able to install various hardware onboard this new class of Aircraft Carrier. Welding, fitting, measuring, installing, and fabricating. Management, well my direct manager was ok. Wasn't truly a fair person in spreading around the over-time. Some task assigned proved to be a bit challenging but over all the job was pretty straight forward.
Great Company to Work For
Accountant II (Current Employee), Newport News, VAApril 2, 2015
This is an excellent company to work for, plenty of opportunities to learn new things and grow your career. Competitive compensation and benefits package.
Hard Work Environment/Poor Culture
Planning & Scheduling Project Leader (Current Employee), Pascagoula, MSMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Large Company
Cons: Large Company
Run from meeting to meeting. Lack of vision in management and no real reward for the craft production personnel. Safety is supposed to be the top priority, but it is apparent from independent sources that cost performance is the key concern.
Some of the best days are behind!!
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), Pascagoula, MSMarch 11, 2015
Company is on downhill slope, inconsistent management with no clear direction, freezes on raises and promotions for entire years, yet becoming culture of extended work weeks with Saturday becoming just another work day for all salaried employees.
Not a horrible employer
Electrician 1st Class (Current Employee), Pascagoula, MSMarch 10, 2015
Pros: decent pay, opportunity for advancement.
Cons: parking!!!
Not a bad place if you don't mind a long walk from your car to the site. It can be a bit chaotic at quitting time as well. Imagine thousands of people getting off of work from the same location at the same time.
different opportunities
Shipboard Temporary Service (Current Employee), Newport News, VAMarch 8, 2015
This job provides the opportunity to work in a variety of different departments and with a lot off different people. It also provides the opportunity to work in a variety of work shifts
THE COMPANY THAT NEVER STOPS
Material Handler (Current Employee), Newport News, VAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short lunches
A typical day at work would consist of working with various people from different trades, always being safe, and being very detailed. I have learned how to operate various computer systems such as WMS, AND SAP. The management team is always pushing for all employees to be engaged, they push the workers to advance and learn something new each day. My co-workers are my second family. We always look out for one another. The hardest part of the job is locating lost material, but with a good amount of research lost material is found in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is being there, working with various people and being challenged.
Great oppurtunity to gain experience
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), Pascagoula, MSMarch 1, 2015
Pros: working on navy ships
Cons: park far from work
Wake up early to get to work for 6:30am. Great place to gain good manufacturing experience. Get to walk large Navy Warships.
Intersting place to work. Hours depend on department.
Nuclear Systems Test Engineer (Current Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits, job security, interesting
Cons: long hours, parking, management
Really interesting place to work. Always see something different every shift. Working in rotating shifts depending on department but thats not the norm. Just depends on scope of work. Excellent benefits! Parking is terrible.
Productive workplace
Reactor Service Electrician (Current Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay raises
Cons: short breaks
Very fast-paced, safety oriented occupation. Everyone is fun and easy to work with and team work and safety are main priority.
Productive work place; excellent collaboration among co-workers
Database Developer (Current Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: i was a leased engineer
Exciting environment with new challenges every day. Sharpened my analysis and problem solving skills. Management is easy to work with (I required very minimal supervision). Great team work with co-workers. Sometimes we did not have adequate tools for the task at hand. Solving complex problems is a great feeling.
Huntington Ingalls pays well but is a great hazard mentally, emotionally, and physically.
First Class Painter (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSFebruary 3, 2015
As an employee at Huntington Ingalls, I was able to experience the work environment from the perspective of managerial and craft. Within management, as an employee, the work was not bad, but the stress and the mental and emotional attachment that accompanied the job made it horrible. As an employee in craft, the working conditions are so horrible.
Excellent company
User Application Liaison II (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 26, 2015
strong stable environment with excellent benefits and compensation.
Professional, Stable Work Environment
Lead Corporate Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 25, 2015
Company has a high standard of ethics and business conduct. Company offers a competitive total compensation package and offers a high level of job security.
Very Productive environment, ALL YOUR CAN WELD...
Welder (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: luncheons for a job well done, great benefits, job security, great ties with the community
Cons: management forgets we are human and that we have to take brakes.
A tropical shift at the Huntington Ingalls Shipyard conquests of, getting burned, hard work and great pay.
Getting your job, setting up your welding machine
pulling welding lines.
Making sure your tools are functioning properly.
Safety FIRST! The Huntington Ingalls Shipyard is a VPP shipyard with OSHA 5 star rating.
Constantly drilling pre-heat and inter-pass in the heads of the welders and fitters.
Making sure the job we are working on is safe.
Making our material and heat setting match with our WIC card or SWISS tickets.

1 2 3 4 5