About the Job
Huntington Learning Corporation is seeking an entry level Construction and Facilities Manager to support 2013 growth of our learning centers throughout the NY Metro area. If you are an hungry professional with 3-5 years construction experience and strong communication skills looking to expand your resume in retail construction, this is the opportunity for you! This position will be based out of our corporate headquarters in Oradell, NJ (Bergen County) and will require frequent travel throughout NYC and NJ.
As Construction and Facilities Manager, you will be primarily responsible for leading and managing new site selection, contracts and proposals, leasing and build out of all new locations, as well as, facility maintenance of current and new locations. The Construction and Facilities Manager will focus on delivering an end product that meets high quality standards, all deadlines and on budget.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage architects, contractors, subcontractors throughout the entire process.
- Manage the preparation of the contract or proposal price for projects.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate project and cost control documents and reports in a timely manner.
- Accurately prepare and secure required documents for necessary building permits in accordance with corporate schedule objectives.
- Recommends outside contractors by maintaining a roster of satisfactorily performing outside contractors.
- Perform the design review of architectural, mechanical, electrical, and floor plans and provide timely feedback.
- Conduct regular job site meetings with subcontractors, owner representatives, architects, engineers, consultants, and other project personnel to provide direction, set priorities, resolve challenges, and manage objectives.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely construction progress schedules and monitor job progress to assure timely completion of projects.
Requirements Include, but are not limited to:
- 4 year degree required.
- 3 - 5 years of construction, real estate, leasing and facility management experience strongly preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in all facets of site selection, lease negotiation and build out process.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Microsoft Project.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- This is a full-time position based out of the Oradell office.
- This position requires regular travel to construction sites throughout NY and NJ.
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, submit your resume with a cover letter outlining your interest, along with your salary history and requirement to be considered.