*Educational Management Intern
Great opportunity for recent grads!*
Consider an Educational Management Internship with Huntington Learning Center!
Since 1977, Huntington has been committed to giving every child the best education possible. Our Educational Management Internship is planned with the same mission in mind. Throughout the duration of this summer program, our college graduates will be guided and trained towards a successful career in supplemental education.
Educational Management Interns will assist our directors and teachers with daily center operations. By providing instruction, performing academic evaluations, and supporting full time staff, this internship will give you the opportunity to work with parents, students, and directors and develop valuable skills that are needed in both the education and business worlds.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Instructing students of varying age groups in the areas of reading, writing and math.
- Providing a superior customer service experience to all clients and their families.
- Participating in local marketing activities and open houses
- Assisting in administrative functions that are essential to the success of the center and its students, including: data entry, grading of student work, preparing reports, answering phones, scheduling tutoring sessions, collecting tuition, and other tasks.
- Schedules will vary from center to center and may vary from week to week.
- Approximately 20-25 hours of availability per week is required.
- Hours will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, & weekends so flexibility is a must!
- Internships are projected to begin in early June and will conclude in late August.
- BA minimum
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Leadership experience
- Ability and willingness to work well independently
- Superb attention to detail and top notch organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to maintain a friendly and positive demeanor and communicate effectively
- Experience with children and adolescents a plus
Northwest New Jersey -- Wayne, Succasunna
Northeast New Jersey -- Westwood, Englewood, Ridgewood, Verona
Central New Jersey -- Edison, Bridgewater, Springfield
Southern New Jersey -- Manalapan, Middletown
Long Island, NY, Nassau Co. -- Baldwin, Massapequa Park, Manhasset, Carle Place
Long Island, NY, Suffolk Co. -- East Northport, Smithtown, Bay Shore, Patchogue
Westchester Co. NY -- Nanuet
Fairfield Co. Connecticut -- Westport
Send your resume and letter of interest to the link provided. Please include "Educational Management Internship" in subject line. Please ensure that your resume clearly states your college grade point average and be sure to indicate which region is the closest to where you will be living during the time of the internship.
See what past Summer Interns have to say!
"My summer internship offered me the opportunity to learn about a business whose mission defined what I truly knew I wanted to spend my life fulfilling, ensuring every student has the best education possible."
"I knew the responsibilities of the position were a perfect fit and joined a staff who supported me and allowed me to grow both professionally and personally."
"Being a part of the Huntington team, and especially the Lynbrook team, is an honor and I look forward to my future with such a successful rewarding company."