Huntington Learning Center

Huntington Learning Center Employer Reviews

parents beware
tutor individual and groups of students (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAOctober 1, 2014
uninvolved director.... did not check students' progress...rip off for parents...closed facility without meeting with employees!!!
co-workers were a joy to be with... to bad they got tossed in the dust!
Great place to work for college students!
Math/Science Tutor (Current Employee), DeWitt, New YorkSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: the satisfaction of helping others every day
Cons: meager hourly wage
Exam prep and subject tutoring. The management team has created an comfortable and laid back environment where the learning process can be nurtured. It has been a pleasure to be a part of the established culture and help students improve.
Teachers are amazing people!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GaSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: getting to hear the children's stories everyday and give them prizes, the teachers, making friends, getting to meet the parents, monitoring the tests
Cons: sometimes no breaks, no direction, negative environment from management, no opportunity for advancement, no recognition for work
The teachers at Huntington are amazing people to work with and are wonderful teachers who genuinely care about the people and the students. The Exam Prep manager is a great guy he cares about his students and loves to see them succeed. I learned tolerance at this job. The children brought me joy and so much happiness! I loved seeing their faces everyday – more... and I will miss them very much. – less
Valuable Teaching Experience
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Waltham, MASeptember 18, 2014
-As I was looking for a full time position this job allowed me to continue to work as a teacher with a variety of students in a myriad of subjects.
-The curriculum for students was already in place so I didn't need to spend my time creating lesson plans. I was able to spend my time doing what I do best...teach!
Rewarding Work
Instructor/Tutor (Current Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 17, 2014
Great place to work. I enjoy the work but dislike the hours. It is very rewarding to help the students increase their ACT scores.
Watch out for violations of labor laws and white collar crimes
Assistant Director of Administration (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: impressive titles for employers
Cons: everything
The company over charges clients and does not pay its employees what they are owed. Keep track of your hours (take pictures of sign in/out sheet with your iphone, or ask ADA for copies). Paychecks come out once a month, but the checks are always 2 months behind. If you quit, you may not see your last paycheck, so make excuses so that you are not put – more... on the schedule for 1 month, and then collect your last paycheck before putting in your 2 weeks.
There is no lunch break for full time employees. Full-time employees typically work 13 hour shifts 5 days per week. Teachers are often called at the last minute and not given the proper amount of time to prepare for their students. Students pay thousands of dollars (parents often taking out loans), but teachers are paid $12.00/hr. Teachers are only paid for time spent with the student, not for lesson prep or comments for the next session. The owner does not even consistently pay for all documented hours on the payroll. Students are not guaranteed the same teacher each session. Parents, obviously,feel entitled to great service, but underpaid teachers and worn-out administrators struggle to motivate themselves to provide what the students need due to anger with the owner. – less
HUNTINGTON
Math Tutor (Former Employee), buffalo nyAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great pay and good kids
Cons: short program
Great school, great students, great work environment! DAY STARTED AT 330 AM AND ENDED AT 545 FOR THE STUDENTS. I LEARNED THAT TIME MANAGEMENT IS VERY IMPORTANT. I ALSO LEARNED THAT CHILDREN ARE LIKE SPONGES THEY ARE EAGER TO SOAK UP INFORMATION. I LOVED BEING APART OF THE HUNTINGTON FAMILY.
Great company to work for to advance up the line
Project Manager (Current Employee), Oradell, NJAugust 2, 2014
Good company to gain many skills through working in different positions.
Responsibilities
SAT Tutor (Current Employee), East Northport, NYJuly 28, 2014
• Teach and mentor high school students skills and strategies to maximize their SAT scores. This included teaching critical reading, grammar, and writing skills in a one-to-one environment.
• Motivate a diverse background of students to achieve their goals and provide the support necessary to accomplish their objectives.
• Work collaboratively with – more... parents, students and staff to ensure high test scores and college entrance. – less
Productive and enthusiastic workplace
Elementary tutor (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAJuly 28, 2014
I enjoy working with children doing 1 on 1 tutoring. The administration provides a supportive environment to work in.
Good
Teacher (Current Employee), Reno, NVJuly 22, 2014
Better pay would be Nice. But it is a very fun Job! Working one on one with students is very rewarding.
Great Job
Onsite Tutor (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 21, 2014
Management is very willing to help out. The setup was very nice, you would always have supplies to use
Very rewarding company to work for. They only offer part-time positions without benefits.
Tutor/Teacher (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 19, 2014
Huntington is great place to work because you are helping students achieve their goals. The staff and coworkers are really nice and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is that you have a new student everyday day so you are not able to really build a relationship with the students.
Productive Workplace
IT (Current Employee), Oradell, NJJuly 15, 2014
Cons: politics, personal ego issues
Majority of nice co-workers
The hardest part of the job was to juggle things
Boring work environment
the most enjoyable part of the job was to see the your work producing results
The kids are what made it the best.
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee), Valrico, FLJuly 8, 2014
Working there has opened up my opportunities as well as my skill levels. I have learn how to multitask between several different tasks. If I had a question all I had to was ask any one of the people I work with. Walking through the door and being greeted across the room from all kinds of bubbly kids always makes my day!
Tutoring
PreK-8th grade Tutor (Former Employee), Southlake, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: parents cancelling their child's session.
I tutored students of all grade levels in reading, writing, and math. I did have to learning the Huntington way of doing these things and veer away from what I had learned in school.

My supervisors were wonderful. My co-workers were helpful, intelligent, and kind.

I didn't find anything particularly difficult because I am a quick learner. The most – more... enjoyable part of my job was helping students get to get where they needed to be, on grade level, in school and a lot of the times, further. – less
Great experience.
Mathematics and SAT/ACT Tutor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 12, 2014
Enjoyed helping students with their Math and preparing them for improving their SAT/ACT scores.
Excellent Place for Teaching
Exam Prep/Subject Tutor (Former Employee), Baldwin, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
I loved working at Huntington because it allows you to work around your schedule. You must have a Teacher Certification to work with Grades K-8. Without it, you may be limited with the number of hours given to you as an Exam Prep Tutor/ Subject Tutor but if you have a flexible schedule you will recieve plenty of hours to work.
Very productive and meaningful work
Part Time teacher (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 8, 2014
I am a part time teacher at Huntington Learning Center. I am a exam prep teacher who mainly focuses on SAT and ACT math. I am also good at High School level curriculum
Tutor
Tutor (Current Employee), Robinson Township, PAJune 4, 2014
I really enjoy working at Huntington Learning Center. When you walk in you are welcomed with an array of books and learning tools for your students. The students who come to Huntington are eager to learn and are very attentive. The management is extremely helpful when any questions or concerns are brought to them. I love working at Huntington and hope – more... that my work will help improve all of my students verbal and math skills. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Huntington Learning Center

No need to hunt for that A+. Huntington Learning Centers provides tutoring services to students from kindergarten through 12th – Read more