Huntington Learning Center Employee Reviews

Proceed with caution
Contributor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 17, 2017
* Workplace culture can use some significant improvements, very little employee engagement (if any).
* Pay practices are outdated and not up to market standards
* Management team is not supportive of innovation or change
* Poor work/life balance
* High turn over of staff
Pros
commute
Cons
health benefits, Pto, poor work/life balance
Huntington Learning Center
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2017
I am a highly motivated Educator with 25 years of effective supervision and instructional experience. I have designed and developed many school programs. I plan to create a safe learning environment and school discipline plan to improve classroom management and to reduce referrals, violence, at risk student’s behavior, and build self esteem. Implementation of curriculum knowledge, theory and skills are very essential. Team building skills contributing to inspiring growth in the community to improve schools.
Wonderful students
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Simsbury, CTAugust 13, 2017
At Huntington, students are eager to learn and are respectful to teachers. Staff is always willing to lend a helping hand and is accepting of all individuals.
Pros
friendly staff, respectful students, comfortable environment
Cons
low pay
Good but not stable enough
Part Time Teacher (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAAugust 9, 2017
Positives:
Teaching the students can be highly rewarding
Fun
Good Teaching Experience
Curriculum
Flexible
Teachers are helpful and kind

Cons:
Poor Management
Unpaid training until 90 days of employment
Lack of stability due to cancellations on a daily and weekly basis
Teachers do not get compensated for cancellations
Many schedule changes & last minute
Not many hours
Low pay for highly qualified credentialed teachers
Would recommend for supplemental income only
Friendly Environment, Great Co-workers and Staff!
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 6, 2017
I started working here in April of 2017. It is my first job right out of college and it has been a great experience. I was trained by very friendly staff who answered all my questions. This is a great start or side job for those who love to work with kids/teens.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
part time only for teachers
It's been years!
Teacher / Tutor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAAugust 3, 2017
It was a great experience in my life. I worked here for a year or more and got to meet and help a LOT of kids! It is very rewarding and the management team (was) very invested.
Clique-y Work Environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 2, 2017
Working at Huntington is very stressful. At first, the full-time staff seem to be friendly and helpful, but the longer you work there, you see that that is not the case.

At first, I was under the impression that I would be able to increase my hours per week since I had VERY open availability. No matter how much free time I had to give, I still got the least amount of hours.

The full-time staff is disrespectful and inconsiderate.

The children, however, are a joy to work with. A large majority of them are ready and willing to work with you for two hours straight.
Pros
Meeting your students
Cons
no benefits, hardly any hours, rude full-time staff
The learning center has a good program but the employees are paid very low
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYJuly 31, 2017
I feel that Huntington has a good program. However, the employees are paid very little. In the six years that I worked there I received only one 25 cent raise. Also, sometimes the students did not show up and therefore as an employee I would not get paid for the scheduled time.
Pros
nice students, good program
Cons
low pay, not steady hours
It's a good part time job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 28, 2017
This job is wonderful for someone needing a few hours per week of work in an educational setting. There are no benefits for part time workers, which is to be expected. The coworkers and management are very friendly and committed to providing excellent service to students.
Last Manager was unfair
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJuly 26, 2017
I enjoyed working for Huntington Learning center under different management. The last manager was verbally abusive and required weekend hours after working four 12 hour days
Goog working relationship
SAT and Subject Tutor - Math (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2017
good organization, good communication with teacher, student and parents. also, good relationship with management and teacher.
Salary compensation was not very good
Flexible working schedule and family-friendly environment
Part-Time Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gambrills, MDJuly 13, 2017
I really enjoy working at Huntington. The managers are great to work for the institution produces results for students and parents. I am a Lead Teacher and I have been able to enhance my teaching skills at Huntington.
Not a productive work environmet
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYJuly 13, 2017
Huntington Learning Center has both corporate and franchise centers. They offered a lot of training however micromanaged every word discussed with families. Management expects every family that walks through the door to enroll in their program, regardless of their financial situation
Huntington Learning Center Franchise
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 8, 2017
Typical days included data entry, self-taught skills, fielding telephone calls, interaction with students and parents,etc. It was a wonderful place to work while it lasted, Unfortunately, the franchise went bankrupt in the first year of operations.
Maybe a good partime job for grad students.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL 32940June 29, 2017
I enjoyed working with most of the students. The manager I worked with was excellent. I did not care for the owner. The schedule is random. Some days you get two hours of work, while other days you get six hours. Students often cancel, which means you go home with no pay. This is not a bad place to work, but it is less than satisfying.
restrictive
Tutor/teacher (Current Employee) –  Lake Baldwin ParkJune 26, 2017
Upon being employed, new employees have to sign a contract stating they will not work for competing tutoring centers, but the hours and pay are less than livable!!!. Schedules could be emailed but are not.Employees have to pick up a physical paycheck if they are not working on payday rather than have direct deposit.
Pros
work with k-12 and some college
Cons
not enough hours
Excellent!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYJune 25, 2017
I truly enjoyed working at Huntington Learning Center. It was a very warm and welcoming environment which helped foster a positive learning environment for the individuals that were serviced through Huntington.
Not Enough Hours But A Good Resume Boost
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 15, 2017
This is not a bad place to work for the experience and the resume boost, but since i have been hired about two or three months ago, I have never had more than 5 hours a week. I blocked off three days to work here, and then barely work here. Also, if a student cancels, you do not get paid. The pay per hour is pretty decent, but the opportunity cost for people who need the money is too high working here. However, I love the children and there is a lot of success coming out of here. If you need teaching experience boost, then this is a good place to start if you are willing to work minimal hours and not get much say over your teaching and tutoring style.
Pros
kids are great, experience in education, relaxed environemnt, easy job
Cons
Short hours, low chance of advacement, little chance for individuality and creativity, little recognitition
Very Challenging
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 14, 2017
Huntington Learning Center is a very challenging environment. The expectations are extreme and the hours are very long. The best part is working with the kids.
Great, but not enough
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 14, 2017
I enjoy working at Huntington because I love working with students. However, the pay is low and it is a part time position. If you have another job and want to some extra income, Huntington Learning Center is the place. The employees are kind and helpful. My only complaint is the amount of hours.
Pros
Productive work environment; helpful employees
Cons
No benefits; minimal hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Learning Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8