The Urgent Care Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Urgent Care ensuring efficient and effective operations, coordinating all issues affecting daily operations, including staffing, managing the location budget, following office policies and procedures, holding all staff accountable to a patient centered culture; and ensuring that organizational goals and objectives are met at the Site level. The Urgent Care Manager works closely with the Physician Manager under minimal supervision of the CEO.
- Direct and oversee daily site operations, establishing and maintaining a consistent communication system between all departments. Maintain a regular, visible presence in each department under his/her direction;
- Ensures that patients experience is positive;
- Ensure that department performance reflects company and/or regulatory agency standards for overall quality and responsiveness to patients;
- Assist in identifying barriers to business growth, effective office design and efficient workflow systems.
- Organizes and supervises all office staff including scheduling, discipline, performance reviews, etc., in a manner consistent with Foundation policies;
- Acts as the liaison between staff and physicians;
- Creates and monitors the annual operating budget for the clinic;
- Establishes clinic practices for compliance with OSHA standards;
- Develops and monitors effective patient flow and patient satisfaction systems;
- Learns and employs the principles of CQI;
- Actively participates in all management meetings, offers constructive solutions and recognizes potential problems;
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and personnel records and office financial data;
- Provides training for staff;
- Provides motivational programs for staff;
- Reviews staff performance; communicates and documents needed improvements;
- Keeps superiors informed on the status of work assigned; and
- Sets a good example for staff at all times concerning appearance, communication, teamwork, safety and other standards of professionalism.
Education, Training and Experience
- Minimum of five years experience managing an Urgent Care, ER Dept or Medical Clinic;
- Previous management experience that included entry-level financial responsibility;
- Experience building and motivating a team to accomplish desired goals;
- BA or BS in a related field or equivalent experience;
Indeed - 13 months ago
Founded in 1994, the Huntington Medical Foundation (HMF) is a medical group of more than 50 providers located in offices throughout the San...