Huntington Medical Foundation Employee Reviews

Pediatric Office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAMarch 24, 2017
Extremely busy pediatric office with 8 pediatricians and a very large staff. Never any down time, but days goes by super quick. You need to be super energetic and ready to work.
Great place for knowledge
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 9, 2016
The hardest part of the job is hearing how a patient is unable to pay their bill. The best part is finding ways to help the patient. Getting in contact with the insurance company and finding ways to help the patient.
Enjoyed working with doctor and co workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 16, 2015
Put my skills to use and challenged me to produce a workable schedule and protocol for a new doctor. The doctor I worked with taught me a lot about the medical field.
Pros
Enjoyed working with my doctor
Cons
Clinic too far away for home
Our office is in pasadena, so much to do in the area.
Human Resources Coordinator/Junior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 1, 2015
Accounting Responsibilities
• Manage the processing of accounts payable invoices, prepare deposits, code and record all cash receipts for all 8 medical locations and corporate office
• Work under the direction of the President and CEO and Senior Accountant
• Review all Accounts Payable (AP) invoices with President and CEO for payment approvals
• Generate monthly Relative Value Units (RVU) reports to determine physician compensation
• Follow-up with vendors on invoices, refunds and/or cancellation of services
• Effective communicator and ability to develop strong working relationships with individuals at all levels of organization

Human Resources Responsibilities
• Developed a newly designed New Employee Orientation for the organization. Presenter for the Customer Service module in the New Employee Orientation
• Process new hire and benefits paperwork
• Coordinate annual Open Enrollment meetings for all medical and corporate office employees and physicians. Presenter at Open Enrollment meetings. Process employee Open Enrollment paperwork
• Spearheaded the development of a revised Employee Handbook in 2014
• Develop and implement ad hoc human resources programs and projects as directed by the Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Pros
5 weeks vacations
Cons
No school funds
It was a good company that gave me an opportunity to learn
I.T. Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 14, 2015
It was a small company when I was hired. It was a great work environment and they afforded me the opportunity to learn and grow.
Chaotic work environment
Manage RN, LVN, MA (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 10, 2015
Clinical and administrative duties huge responsibility. I believe that the role requires 2 professionals to fill - 1 with a clinical focus and 1 with an administrative/office focus.
Pros
Close to home. Qualified providers. Great people.
Cons
Variable schedules, Constant changes, Poor communication. Directors and clinician disconnect.
Overall great office, had some wonderful coworkers. Great benefits,trips and Christmas Party. Very busy office but had some fun and good times. W
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena CAOctober 12, 2014
Started work at 8.30. Logged onto the various programs that were needed for the day and patients immediately came in. I learned to deal with one patient at a time and tried to make them feel like they were being taken care of very individually. It was a busy office with a constant flow.

My co-workers were wonderful and we got on very well. Very in-tuned with each other and aware of each others feelings.

Management was a little on the weak side and I feel that even when rules were enforced the same people would break them without consequence which makes it hard for the people that are towing the line.

The hardest part for me was just the overwhelming stress sometimes and volume of patients and phone calls. Patients being left on hold and understandably becoming annoyed. That was frustrating as they were worried parents with sick children.

The most enjoyable part for me was most definitely the patients and their families, building up relationships over the years and satisfaction in knowing that they trusted me to get the job done. I took pride in that. Also the "family" of co-workers, doctors and office staff alike, we experienced much of life together and shared some very happy times together.
Pros
Company outings, free lunch, pot-lucks, Christmas parties, good benefits
Cons
Short lunches, sometimes no breaks
Horrible management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  ?, CAJune 12, 2014
When I first started here, it was great. But it quickly went downhill. During my first year, three physicians left the office because the manager is a c**t. We were short staffed as well. No review, or pay raise. HMF got bought out by Huntington Memorial. Now all they care about is their precious "image", and not their staff or patients! The staff always had to micro-manage because we basically had a non-existent manager. The only positive things I can say is that I learned how to use an EHR system, and some of the patients were really great. The remaining physicians at this particular office are great, I just hope that one day they realize they can do so much better far away from this company. Be careful if you apply here.
Pros
easy to get time off
Cons
No raises, no reviews, horrible manager.
Review of HMF
- (Former Employee) –  caJune 9, 2014
HMF has great employees in each office.
The providers and staff' dedication to health care is optimum.

The compensation packages are comparable.

The job security and advancement potential-no comment

The upper management views of all staff-no comment

The mid management: Excellent office administrators who do their best when not micro managed.

Job culture- Every changing.
Pros
Excellent health care
Cons
Employee value
Great company and wonderful staff
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 20, 2013
Great experience working for HMF, for the past 8 years. Wonderful patients and caring, supportive staff. Exceptional doctors.
proffesional enviorment and fast paced and fun at times.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 19, 2013
fast paced, I gained more experienced in the medical field such as EHR and internal medicine. management however needs to focus on how to keep staff members motivated to give 100% to their employers. Co-workers were great to work with inspite of some differences but overall hard working and proffessional. hardest part of the job was to do the job to the satisfation of the employers. Most enjoyable part was to provide the best care for all of the patients.
Cons
no brakes at times, work overload, changed in 401k, no increased pay.
My office was very close and worked as a team. Close staff
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 23, 2012
Very busy and fast paced medical group. Physicians were great and coworkers as well. We all got along and worked as a team. I would say the hardest part of my job is trying to help the entire staff and physicians when they all depended so much on me. I enjoyed helping my Doctors, my staff and the patients each day.