Huntington Medical Foundation

Huntington Medical Foundation Employee Reviews

Overall great office, had some wonderful coworkers. Great benefits,trips and Christmas Party. Very busy office but had some fun and good times. W
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Pasadena CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: company outings, free lunch, pot-lucks, christmas parties, good benefits
Cons: short lunches, sometimes no breaks
Started work at 8.30. Logged onto the various programs that were needed for the day and patients immediately came in. I learned to deal with one patient at a time and tried to make them feel like they were being taken care of very individually. It was a busy office with a constant flow.

My co-workers were wonderful and we got on very well. Very in-tuned with each other and aware of each others feelings.

Management was a little on the weak side and I feel that even when rules were enforced the same people would break them without consequence which makes it hard for the people that are towing the line.

The hardest part for me was just the overwhelming stress sometimes and volume of patients and phone calls. Patients being left on hold and understandably becoming annoyed. That was frustrating as they were worried parents with sick children.

The most enjoyable part for me was most definitely the patients and their families, building up relationships over the years and satisfaction in knowing that they trusted me to get the job done. I took pride in that. Also the "family" of co-workers, doctors and office staff alike, we experienced much of life together and shared some very happy times together.
Horrible management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), ?, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: easy to get time off
Cons: no raises, no reviews, horrible manager.
When I first started here, it was great. But it quickly went downhill. During my first year, three physicians left the office because the manager is a c**t. We were short staffed as well. No review, or pay raise. HMF got bought out by Huntington Memorial. Now all they care about is their precious "image", and not their staff or patients! The staff always had to micro-manage because we basically had a non-existent manager. The only positive things I can say is that I learned how to use an EHR system, and some of the patients were really great. The remaining physicians at this particular office are great, I just hope that one day they realize they can do so much better far away from this company. Be careful if you apply here.
Review of HMF
- (Former Employee), caJune 9, 2014
Pros: excellent health care
Cons: employee value
HMF has great employees in each office.
The providers and staff' dedication to health care is optimum.

The compensation packages are comparable.

The job security and advancement potential-no comment

The upper management views of all staff-no comment

The mid management: Excellent office administrators who do their best when not micro managed.

Job culture- Every changing.
Great company and wonderful staff
Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 20, 2013
Great experience working for HMF, for the past 8 years. Wonderful patients and caring, supportive staff. Exceptional doctors.
proffesional enviorment and fast paced and fun at times.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJanuary 19, 2013
Cons: no brakes at times, work overload, changed in 401k, no increased pay.
fast paced, I gained more experienced in the medical field such as EHR and internal medicine. management however needs to focus on how to keep staff members motivated to give 100% to their employers. Co-workers were great to work with inspite of some differences but overall hard working and proffessional. hardest part of the job was to do the job to the satisfation of the employers. Most enjoyable part was to provide the best care for all of the patients.
My office was very close and worked as a team. Close staff
Administrator (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 23, 2012
Very busy and fast paced medical group. Physicians were great and coworkers as well. We all got along and worked as a team. I would say the hardest part of my job is trying to help the entire staff and physicians when they all depended so much on me. I enjoyed helping my Doctors, my staff and the patients each day.