Huntington Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

busy work family environment
Cook III (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 16, 2017
typical day at the hospital is usual busy busy, and we all have our routines. the work place culture is nice, it more like a family environment, and with every family there is some hiccups here and there. Hardest part of the job is the unreliable that work there, and the management keeping them around, making it double work for the rest of us.
Pros
medical benefits, vacation time
Cons
short staffed
Exciting and tough
Medical Resident (Former Employee) –  Internal Medicine ResidentMarch 21, 2017
Working here as a resident is very exciting. We are allowed a lot more responsibility than the usual resident and can perform many procedures hands on including intubation, CPR, leading codes, draining as cites and more. It's tough because residents here have to be more self-sufficient than at other residencies where an attending is always around. You are pretty much by yourself overnight admitting patients to wards, ICU, plus running any codes that occur. In short it provides a more realistic picture of life after residency than other programs offer.
Pros
Free lunch, daily lectures, Friday presentations, lots of hands on experience
Cons
Relatively small hospital so not as much exposure to zebras compared to larger hospitals
Can be quite challenging.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CA 91105March 9, 2017
Average cases/day were 35-40. Learned how to be the best patient advocate possible. Management on average generally complacent. Most of staff RN and SNA very helpful and friendly. Hardest part of job was management and lack of organization, structurally and professionally. Networked with some amazing RNs and Srub Techs.
Pros
pays
Cons
Short breaks, Complacency
The O.R. experience
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 9, 2017
The opportunities to learn new things at Huntington Hospital are frequent. The culture within the O.R. is very diverse and not without it's conflict between management and staff. I have found this to be a common denominator with all the hospitals I have worked at, so it is certainly not exclusive to Huntington. A VERY busy place to work and more times than not, a fun place to work.
Pros
Great staff for the most part. Beautiful campus.
Cons
Often times we work with outdated equipmet, breaks are so short (10min) that it is not worth taking one, high turnover rate which stresses staff
Great Community hospital to work at
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Wonderful community hospital to work at, was here as a per diem nurse and worked once a week. It has a great family atmosphere and with helpful nurses who are always willing to lend a hand.
Pros
flexibility with work schedules and good coordination
Cons
some areas of the hospital needed updating, wasn't totally modern/new
Very nicely manicured lanscaped. Nice patient rooms.
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 23, 2017
I have learned to work in a large environment with divided duties amongst other medical staff services personnel. Focus on providing quality patient care.
Pros
Concierge Services.
very good place to work
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 7, 2017
very good place to work, very good management , give the employe a good compensation/benefit, job culture,job security/advancement ,
High standard of patient care with good team work.
RCP II (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Each patient is cared with compassion and high degree or professionalism. patients safety is always first, and all the provider team members are freely express there concerns. Great team work with friendly working environment.
Pros
Seniority, Great working enviorment.
Cons
Long comute.
Very nice company to work for
Medication History Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 21, 2016
Everyone is really happy working here at Huntington hospital, the benefits are really nice. It is a very nice city to work for. They appreciate their employees very well and treat them very well.
Work Culture
RN (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 7, 2016
this place offers great training. the hospital has a culture of team work. everyone is nice and helpful. good health benefit if you are full-time.
It's okay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 9, 2016
Stay away from the security department. The manager does not know how to lead and manage a security department. He fires good employees and replaces them with incompetent people.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Productive but they overwork you
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 25, 2016
My time working here was great at first until u get to know people. The management are unprofessionals.
Breaks are a big deal there. They over work u. Sometimes you jave to work more than 7 days.
Pros
Smiles
Cons
Managers
Good place to work and get throught school
Patient access representative (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 27, 2016
They have hired 2 supervisors in our department that are ruining all the fun we use to have and are harassing every other employee by making them do more and more work if your are not the same race.
Pros
Food at the cafeteria is luxury food
Cons
U are constantly asked to do more and more and more work at the same pay rate
Huntington is a great place
Senior biomedical technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 2, 2016
I think my job is a great job. However, I know better ones out there exist so I am looking for them. I would like to receive a higher salary and more training on OEM equipment. I lead my own team on a daily basis. I manage projects, work with directors and managers on a daily basis and run my team to accomplish all the work required of us throughout the hospital.
Pros
great environment, friendly people
Cons
lack of OEM training and meager salary.
Excellent Team Work and Community Environment.
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 2, 2016
I have just started working for Huntington Memorial Hospital and I have already been welcomed and trained very well. I carry a cell phone around the hospital, to which the lab will contact me when I have phlebotomy draws and will tube labels to me through the pnuematic tube station. I am able to work in all areas of the hospital including specialty units such as oncology and cardiac, critical care, same day surgery, post anesthesia care unit, emergency department, labor and delivery as well a psychiatric chemical dependency units.
Volunteer
VOLUNTEER IN REHABILITATION (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 30, 2016
Huntington Memorial Hospital in my experience is a great hospital to be involved with they take great care of their patience and the staff is very caring.
Nice community hospital
Director of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INJuly 29, 2016
While at Huntington, I was able to learn about hospital operations and healthcare in general. With no previous experience in this area, I left there with much more knowledge and confidence.
Professional Work Place
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 12, 2016
Huntington Hospital is a great place to work at, a typical day consist of a small team in each module we work together and get through a busy day helping our pts. I have learned a lot about different diseases and how to accommodate each individual needs. My coworkers are fantastic, I would have to say one of the hardest parts of my job is when a pt expires and i have to do post mortem care. The most Enjoyable part of my job is when my patient is getting better and walking around and smiling. I love to make my pts laugh.
I am pleased to have been an employed at Huntington Hospital. What a much needed learning experience.
STAFF NURSE, MEDICAL (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJune 30, 2016
A typical day at work was busy.
My co-workers were team players.
The most enjoyable part of the job was in knowing that the patients were satisfied with the care they received.
Pros
I can not state any pros since I have not worked at HH since 2005
Cons
I can not state any cons since I have not worked at HH since 2005.I
Enjoyable place to work.
Assisting and interacting (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 27, 2016
Go into the hospitality room and receive orders. These orders will either be transferring blood, specimen, and patients to other rooms. One more task would be discharging patients Provide help to those who are wandering the hospital and are lost. I have learned how to interact with people of different ages and become a very patient person. The co-workers here have great understanding of the hospital whereabouts, customer service, and are admirable. They are very good workers. The hardest part of the job is when there is nothing to do or being sent to a new location of the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is something to do. It keeps me on my feet.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
A lot to memorize

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3