Huntington Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

They don't train well
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 18, 2016
I wasn't trained properly and was let go along with a couple other people within our 90 days. Management doesn't listen to your concerns and most doctors don't care about anyone else but themselves.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Horrible management and training program
Not a fun place to work (SPD Dept.).
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 5, 2016
.Too many chiefs (SPD Dept.) and takes no prisoner attitude towards co-employee especially a trainee.
. The hardest part was not getting support from the manager itself.
. I had learned not to rely on anyone. It was hard for me because I came from a very team oriented environment to a negative workplace.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Veteran SPD ex co-workers
Productive Environment
RESPIRATORY CARE PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 10, 2016
Overall, I gained my experience through Huntington Memorial and I value the time and experience that I was given to work at this facility. Unfortunately, with life tribulations, the distance from my home to the facility wouldn't allow me the flexibility to be closer at home when needed.
Amazing Hospital and Staff
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 10, 2016
The beginning was hectic as they implemented a new system called H@NK, but once things settled, it became second nature. The IT staff were helpful in support when needed, friendly, and great.
A culture of Family & warmth
CNA (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 10, 2016
I have learned a lot of personal advancement in terms of Psychological approach. Respecting diversed culture, raise and belief for which is important for me in order to create a conducive work place.

The hardest part of the job is keeping yourself upbeat and positive, due to illnesses and condition of patients, typically Dementia, Alzhiemers and Depressed patients.

But it kept the environment balance because of the positive workplace everyone is enforcing including all the health care professionals and administrator.
Lovely hospital
Senior Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Overall I would recommend. I have enjoyed working here. Like anyplace, nothing is perfect, but overall a good environment.
Pros
beautiful campus, great cafeteria, hospital tries to compensate fairly
Cons
Hard to access benefits/perks if you work at a satellite office
Unit Clerk
Unit Secretary (ICU) (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 22, 2015
This is a wonderful hospital to work for. The people in it is the real diamond. There are an array of skilled nurses at Huntington.
Pros
Great patient care
Cons
difficult for internal growth
insurance verification
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 11, 2015
Verification of insurance benefits, interaction with doctors, data entry, and specimen processing. My co-worker was a pleasure to work with. There was no hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients.
Stable environment with top-notch care
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 31, 2015
Huntington Memorial is a stellar environment to work. Patient care is is their biggest priority and the staff is very competent. This facility strives to be the best, and the work ethic of the employees make this hospital exceptional.
Fantastic Place to work
Data Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 30, 2015
Best place I have ever worked. Staff are all extremely friendly and easy to work with. Infrastructure is a little lax but they are working on improving everything.
Huntington
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena CAOctober 15, 2015
The Huntington Memorial Hospital is a hospital that I have grown up with and seen grow. The staff, doctors, and even the patients were all very easy to deal with. It was a rewarding experience.
Exceptional place to work.
Unit Secretary (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CaliforniaOctober 4, 2015
I love working in the Labor and Delivery department of Huntington Hospital. The nurses and physicians are the kindest, most caring people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. It is a very fast-paced job, but I love every minute of it.
Pros
Get to be surrounded with lovely co-workers.
Cons
Only per diem.
A great place to learn and work.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYSeptember 11, 2015
Huntington Hospital is a very busy hospital and was a great place to start my career. A hospital where I learned a lot about acute care, critical care, post op and rehab.
Voluteered
Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Pasadena CASeptember 11, 2015
Great nurses, communication and accountability were one of the few qualities I saw at this hospital. Everyone was very friendly and always willing to help.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Need to work more with NPs
it a nice to work
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 2, 2015
it was a great hospital to work at with a friendly staff every one was very help full we worked great as a team. and it was avery clean place to work.
Pros
free parking and discounts on food and bev
Cons
new generation and short brakes
great management and staff
Respiratory Care Practitioner II (Per-diem) (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 23, 2015
Huntington Hospital is a well run hospital that prioritizes a great work environment for the staff. They constantly provide employee appreciation events and they really value you as person and not just another worker. Im very well pleased to work with this establishment
Best job ever
Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 26, 2015
If you are looking for a place to work that includes respect, and dignity and a feeling of accomplishment than this is the place for you. Everyone smiles and is so friendly. The management is out if this world. They are so calm and explain everything. Nicest group of people that work extremely hard to accomplish a lot in a short time frame. Everyone helps each other. Can't say enough wonderful things about being at Huntington Hospital. It is a dream come true. I am praying that my contract can someday turn into permanent. I am so proud to work here and give 150% daily!
Pros
Cons
I get home late to see my child due to traffic.
Great Work Advancement Opportunity
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 15, 2015
I had a great experience working at this hospital. Though it was fast paced and hard work, it was all very worth it. The benefits and pay were great along with the team work and mangers guiding.
Good environment
Obtaining authorizations fro payment
Working with people
Great work environment
nursing unit volunteer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJune 17, 2015
I truly enjoyed my time at Huntington Hospital as a volunteer. My day usually started at 8 a.m. and passing out breakfast trays to patients on the floor. I also assisted with nurses if a patient was in need of blankets, water or any necessities. It was definitely a great learning experience in that it prepared me work in the medical field. I fund nothing about volunteering difficult. The most enjoyable part was the experience I took from that time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3