Huntington Memorial Hospital

Huntington Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great work environment
nursing unit volunteer (Former Employee), Huntington, NYJune 17, 2015
I truly enjoyed my time at Huntington Hospital as a volunteer. My day usually started at 8 a.m. and passing out breakfast trays to patients on the floor. I also assisted with nurses if a patient was in need of blankets, water or any necessities. It was definitely a great learning experience in that it prepared me work in the medical field. I fund nothing about volunteering difficult. The most enjoyable part was the experience I took from that time.
Cleaning person anyone?
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Huntington, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Breaks & insurance
Cons: Exhausting
It's a very diverse group of employees there. Many of the staff are quite friendly. I'd just been summer help for three years.Everyone there had been kind and patient with me, even after I had accidentally mixed cleaning chemicals together because the solutions looked the same.
Undergoing serious changes
PCA (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Good medical benefits at a decent price as long as you have no dependents
Cons: Terrible pay, very limited resources on unit, frequently understaffed and under stocked on units
This hospital has become more and more focused with the bottom line at the expense of patients and staff. They no longer acknowledge CNAs as part of nursing staff, they often do not listen to RN needs and have recently forced the staff to call in a Union. While the staff does not actually want a Union, they have been desperately trying to get management to listen to them for years. Pay is GROSSLY under the average. Even the local paper has gone as far as posting the salary of the CEO, which is 4 times the salary of those in the same position at other hospitals of the same size and rank in the area.
Like working within a family
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 22, 2015
I loved working here, the staff and management were great! Managers were always professional and respectful. The staff in the dept that I worked was a great team.
Professional, quality, excellence
RN Charge Nurse and Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, flexible self scheduling, culture of excellence.
Cons: Extremely busy shifts, separate "clocks" for day and night shift.
Busy, fast paced. Well run. Great collaboration between staff and management. Employees are valued and celebrated. Commitment to excellence, professionalism, customer service. Highly qualified and skilled clinicians and ancillary staff. Feels like home. A fabulous place to work.
Huntington Hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Huntington NYApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great work environment with good people
Cons: Loss of benefits due to NSLIJ takeover.
Great work environment. My coworkers make it so much easier to get through the stressful work day. I enjoy multitasking and improving myself as a worker each day that I go into work.
"America's 50 Best Hospitals" by Healthgrades says it all!
Qualtiy Management Specialist (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 30, 2015
My department is non-clinical, focusing on the performance of the staff and implementing improvement opportunities where the situation warrants.
As in all large entities, management varies from department to department. Where I work, the management is very collegial and fosters independence and growth.
The most enjoyable part of the the job occurs when changes in policy and practice occur which results in best practices and outcomes for the patients as a whole.
Amazing place to start as a new grad RN.
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 26, 2015
It was the best learning environment for a new grad RN. Very thorough and structured new-grad program. A very friendly and flexible place to work.
Lack support for all nursing staff
Quality Management Specialist (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 11, 2015
Huntington Memorial Hospital lacks support for all of its nursing staff. As a result many nurses have looked to the Union for answers.
Enriching work experience
Surgical Secretary (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 9, 2015
Provided a lot of experience in different fields. Trained and taught well. Very friendly and approachable staff. Nice benefits and pay.
Great place to work.
Billing Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJanuary 25, 2015
If you work hard you get regonized. I started as a Biller and moved up to management. i enjoyed the people working here and had great benefits. I would recommend anyone to work here because you can grow with the company.
this job was ok
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Huntington, NYJanuary 16, 2015
This job was ok. The superviser was very nosy in regards to employees personal lives. Seemed to have "favorite" employees when it came to giving jobs for each shift and giving extra work hours. No encouragement to advance. Some employees allowed to so less work then others.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 8, 2014
Volunteer - a very rewarding experience not only for yourself but for those people who need your help and support.
Huntington Hospital Pasadena
Intensive Care Nurse (Current Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 4, 2014
This is a great place to get started as a new grad. Great orientation and preceptorship.
Great place to learn, very busy.
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Huntington, NYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunity
Cons: short breaks
I had the opportunity to not only attend my rotations, but also participate of employees training.
great place to work
Operating Room Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Huntington, NYNovember 17, 2014
Many advancement opportunities, learning experiences and career advancement.
Great work environment and wonderful co-workers.
Cook III/Dietician (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAOctober 23, 2014
Preparing food with an emphasis,on grill and roasting meat and poultry vegetables dishes and soups and salads. Working with nurses and doctors with meals. Closing and cleaning the cafeteria and kitchen. Cleaning grills, kitchen, and all accessories. I most enjoyed working with staff and customers fulfilling their needs.
great acute hospital experience
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: mentoring and coaching, employee appreciation
Cons: no con-ed benefits
Great rehabilitation team and experienced therapists willing to show you skills and teach on a wide range of diagnoses. Quite challenging career-wise but exactly what a new grad or anyone honing their skills would need. I experienced and learned how to perform physical therapy in acute ortho, rehab unit, ICU/CCU, psych, and med surg areas. Sometimes it would be tough when assigned to different areas of the hospital in one day, adjusting to the different nursing teams communication and styles. I always had time to do documentation. I really enjoyed the interpersonal relationships in my job.
Great learning experience
QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN HILL MEDICAL RADIOLOGY (Former Employee), Pasadena, CA.September 26, 2014
Pros: challenging work environment and education.
Cons: fast paced day which was sometimes overwhelming.
I enjoyed my job and made it my own over the years I had it. I enjoyed the diversity and challenges of my job and the people with whom I worked. I learned a lot about medical terminology and anatomy and honed my organizational skills.

The management was good to me and tried to create a positive atmosphere in which to work.

My co-workers, most of whom became good friends, were very supportive and made my job more enjoyable.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with the staff doctors and radiologists who taught me a great deal.
working in an environment where there is professional medical help given to patients
Unit Secretary / Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Pasadena, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: helping patients
busy
process of helping to get emergency help for patients
management - professional and caring
Working to help patients who need emergency care
have to move immediately and contact doctors for help
a fulfilling feeling of helping patients who are unable to help themselves at this time.

1 2 3 4