Huntington Employee Reviews in United States

Good work environment, enjoyed the abroad travel.
Electrical Design Lead/Ship-Checker (Former Employee) –  Avondale, LAApril 7, 2016
Assisted engineering in generating electrical and drafting/design deliverbles; coordinated workload for drafting personnel; ensured consistency of work and standards of design have been adhered to from project inception to completion
Teaching/Mentoring of Engineers and Designers at Avondale/Ingalls operations on (ISDP) 3D/2D Basics of Creating Electrical Power Deck Plans, Equipment and Wire way placement. Lead the Designing of System Schematics, Block Diagrams and Ship Survivability.
Also involved development and testing for 3D/2D electrical modeling of: U.S. Navy Fleet Support (LPD-17), (CG-47) and (DDG) Class Naval Ships.
good job with adverse working environment
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Dodge, NYMarch 30, 2016
Fast-paced environment with critical deadlines to meet on an hourly basis. the work environment changed with heat, cold, chemicals, and loud noises from machine equipment.
Pros
good experience
Cons
hard on the body
Project Management III (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSDecember 6, 2015
Large company with potential for improvement. Personal development and career path for employees are lacking. Employees are unclear of career progression.
I was mentored by the small business owner and took important advise about leadership and work ethics
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioMay 19, 2015
• Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a retail establishment and the daily work of subordinate employees, ensuring that customers have a pleasant shopping experience
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
Schedule variablity
Very favorable work environment
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 17, 2015
Great facilities
Safe work environment
Strong leadership in all aspects of our business model
Always looking to make people better
Pros
Flex hours when needed
Cons
Heavy Traffic within a 5 mile radius of the facility, can get pretty heavy but the flex hours helped to oliviate this issue most days
Productive fashion clothing store
Salesman, Management (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 3, 2015
Fun day full of Sales Management , clothing display and selling with a store full or great merchandise. Sales team worked very good together.
Self Employed at Huntington Auto
OWNER (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro ARJanuary 30, 2015
At Huntington Auto, this was my business. I was self employed for 16
years. I did mechanic work myself as well as supervising up to 5
employees.
Huntington Business Center in Easton, Ohio
Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work was basically waiting for things to break while doing busy work inbetween to make sure that I am busy throughout the day. I learned more about Excel from the side projects that I was put in charge of. My coworkers weren't the most social and mostly work-centered, which was fine. The hardest part of the job was continuously finding things to do to make up the 12 hour days. The most enjoyable part was being able to help others, and the job schedule (Front end days).
Pros
job schedule, pay.
Cons
not enough things to do by default; needing to have more jobs to make up the time.
Engaging and professional
Makeup Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VA.November 8, 2014
I enjoy being part of a team the ensures that the blasting and painting are done to the producer.
meh
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  ohioOctober 30, 2014
balanced drawer daily
some policies
they expect so much it gets way overwhelming
The hardest part of the job
Neclear Reactor Crew (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 11, 2014
NNS is not all that bad if you just do your job but just like any job there are a few clueless supervisors.
Pros
pay benifits and overtime if you want it
Cons
traffic, weather (depending on your job), parking.
substituting for absent teachers
SUBSTITUE TEACHER/CLINIC AIDE (Former Employee) –  huntington, IN, Wabash, IN,June 4, 2014
It is really a good job for someone that has limitations of availibility. The pay is very good and you can control your own schedule. The bad part is not know where you will be on a day to day basis.
Pros
flexibility, no daily jobs expectations
Cons
not always reliable income
great place to be
CSA II / Business Direct Banker (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 2, 2014
definatly alot of oppurtunities and overall a great company to work for
Retail Banking
Teller- JP Morgan Chase (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 11, 2014
I enojyed helping customers explore their financial needs. I learned to be patient and help customers from start to finish.
Productive and great co-workers
Designer 3/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Avondale, LAJanuary 29, 2014
Every day was an adventure. Adsorbed knowledge from co-workers & management. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with co-workers and management to get the work out on time and under budget.
Pros
being able to take advantage of the technology that was available.
Cons
not being able to go on a sea trial.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHNovember 12, 2013
Huntington is a great company to work for and taught me viable skills for future positions.
Productive, and the advancement of the company.
Administrative Functional Support III (Former Employee) –  Avondale, LAOctober 9, 2013
I started the day every morning preparing all jobs line up filling up printer fax machines checking office supplies assisted 23 supervisors work closely with quality assurance with researching all changes of documents made necessary for customer purchases. I learned so many company used software screens taking all necessary classes for advancement of my salary. I had such great co-workers that I worked with we were team players. The hardest part of my job was being laid off, due to company closing down. The most enjoyable part of my job was the challenge in assisting so many supervisors and upper management and the quality assurance team.
Pros
excellent benefits, yearly bonuses, classes to advance in company.
Cons
short breaks.
overall good place to work
Scheduler 4 (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 11, 2013
Float, Critical Path and Resource analysis on IMS Schedules, developing To-Go Networks.

Upper Management needs to be proactive with request of issues related Primavera interfaces.

Most coworkers are contentious & active producing schedules that are of top quality.

Being able to watch the Management and Craft execute to the schedules
Pros
good place to work
Cons
management interface
Great Place
System Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJanuary 14, 2013
Huntington-Ingalls is a great place to work. Working as a System Engineer provided diverse and challenging work.
Pros
2 weeks christmas break
Cons
layoffs
Friendly Loving Customers!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 10, 2012
Opening and balancing cash drawer, making daily sales calls, helping customers and making sure they are taken care of. Hardest part was making sure fully staffed. I mostly enjoyed upselling and making sure customers are satisfied banking wise.
Pros
hours, sales, customers.
Cons
healthcare, management, short staffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington. Our community is ready to answer.