Huntington Employee Reviews

Just don't.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 19, 2017
It's not a good situation at this company.

Approximately an equal mix of controlling and ineptitude from anyone with any management experience. Interviews are horrible, and don't focus on real skills.

Go to ANY other company than this. I expect Huntington to be bankrupt within 10 years.
Will not be appriciated
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 12, 2017
I worked for this company for 14 years loved my job until they started to grow bigger then they got too big to care all that mattered was bottom line and profits, management did not care about the employees cause you can be replaced. we where forced to push products on customers or your job was threatened no job security would not recommend to anyone.
All about sell sell sell
Teller (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 10, 2017
Co-workers would brag when they sold a credit card, etc. Branch manager doesn't know how to do anything on the teller side of things but degrades you if you do something wrong/slow. She repeatedly talked bad about me to co-workers and customers when she knew I could hear her. Company is way under-staffed. Employees are lazy. Didn't get to go on lunch until 3pm or after every day.
Pros
Cons
Everything about that place
Watch your back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 7, 2017
I learned that you can't trust anyone here. Management is very unfair and will do whatever it takes to get themselves ahead. Throwing you under the bus and listening to your private conversations and getting you in trouble. Watch your back if you work at the flint location.
Enjoyed working there
Teller (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 5, 2017
Great way to start off if you want to be a teller or banker. Though hard to balance work and family sometimes if there is not enough to help your working 6 days 6-8 shifts great benefits management will talk to you like a kid make you feel stupid
Pros
Great starting pay and benefits
Cons
Management and no family life
Normal day
Teller (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHMay 25, 2017
When I worked at Huntington the most enjoyable part of the job were my customers. I always knew them by their firsts name, they always knew how to put a smile on my face or make me laugh, and I loved coming into work to see them. What I learned here at Huntington was time and money management, and customer service those were huge. The workplace culture the staff were amazing I loved working with the people I worked with they always seemed to make it very enjoyable. Management was kind of hard sometimes because we never really had a manager but somehow we always seemed to make it work.
Pros
extra money on your paycheck if you sold a credit card
Cons
no manager
Disappointing
Instore (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 12, 2017
Working at Huntington was very stressful for no reason except for poor management. Have to know someone to get ahead. Lack of training. No consistency with policies or procedures. Schedules revolve around the manager's life not the employees.
Cons
Consistently understaffed
Faced paced
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHApril 17, 2017
It can be stressful on busy days, it was a faced pace place which did help with time to go by quicker since the hours were long. Good benefits. Need to make numbers if youre a banker
Horrible work/life balance. Weaseled their way out of paying over time
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 14, 2017
Often worked you 6-7 days in a row (48 hours 56 hours consecutivetly ) but, the schedule would be Thursday-Tuesday which meant they didn't have to pay me overtime. I complained it changed for a month. Due to such a high turnover rate and lack of employees; it wasn't long til I'm hit with another Thursday- Wensday schedule. I found another job. You should do the same.
Cons
High employee turnover rate
Good pay and benefits; growing company size is making it difficult to maintain optimum working relationships
IT BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 21, 2017
Vision and standards as communicated are right-balanced between growing the company and doing the right thing, but execution of those standards is challenging in such a large organization. Focus is needed on how to apply these concepts to specific work environments and teams.
Pros
reasonable pay and good benefits
Cons
tiny workspace; need to work on merging location cultures
Loved working here, just not great pay or benefits
Default Specialist Underwriter Analyst Senior (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2017
Very family oriented, just not great pay or benefits. Time off and sick time are the same, versus separate with other companies. No retirement but loved going to work, just needed more money and better benefits.
Don't work in an in store location, you won't get out!
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 27, 2017
Long hours often open to close shifts due to call offs or limited staff. NO Work/Life Balance! Inexperienced Banking Managers that don't have a clue of Banking Regulations they make things up as they go. Front line staff is not recognized nearly enough for the hard work they do everyday as the "face" of Huntington. Middle Management Leaders are not team players, show lack of trust or respect to Branch Leaders unless the Branch is meeting goals and making them "look good". They don't live the "Welcoming" brand. No private employee restroom, share public restrooms at Meijer and often very dirty. Hardest part of the job is giving up your personal life and biting your tongue when it comes to unprofessional staff because Middle Management and Human Resources don't support Branch Leadership.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
No work life balance, Lack of Skilled Mid Level Management, Branch Managers with No Banking Experience
A Typical Day at work
CSA (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 27, 2017
I like it. I love having my own desk and my own space to do what I need to. You do get random customers that love and respect what you do for them. It makes it enjoyable to work there.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Getting yelled at for customers mistakes
Get ready to work in a stressful enviromemt
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 26, 2017
I've been with them for about a year. Very stressful once you are trained the sales quotas begin. The training is great , but once you complete it you are expected to meet sales quotas. If you have no prior experience this can be a challenge. You are expected to have at least 3-4 appointments per day of customers coming in to discuss their accounts and then you try to sell them more. You make sales calls every day, solicitation calls basically. Management at branches spend a lot of time in their offices. They don't really help you with your career development. You are just expected to know your job. Great hours and work life balance. Pay is good. Health insurance is not too good. Lots of out of pocket expenses and deductibles. Not sure how long I will stay here. Not a bad company just mediocre. They expect a lot.
Pros
Work life balance and good training
Cons
High expectations, high pressure sales enviromemt
N/a
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 23, 2017
While I Was working here I was able to learn a vast amount of knowledge on investment management and different opportunities. I was also able to get a wealth of knowledge about different customer service advocates.
Very poor management style. Management by fear. Not very concerned with customer service and want results at any cost.
Account Manager Sales (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 6, 2017
not consistent
Treasury Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2017
No consistency in expectations
Unable to have difficult conversations
Work life balance caught my attention from Kroger
Loved my job at Kroger due to unexpected activities everyday..customers made it interesting
Inventory bonus and end of year parties
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
having critical conversations
overall good
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 24, 2017
good place for people looking for stable job and few challenges

usually get off work before 5pm

very quiet environment

a little boring
Fun environment with customers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJanuary 21, 2017
Overall a good company to work for, especially with regular customers you really get to know. Challenging quotas to meet but if you get the proper training it's worth it.
Pros
Dress down days, good benefits, tough job but it's worth it
Cons
No breaks, manager doesn't have to be there
Keep looking elsewhere
Personal Banker/Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northern Ohio, ARJanuary 18, 2017
Very stressful working in retail banking office.Pressure to hit unreasonable sales goals was unrelenting. Management didn't really care about the needs of the customer, just sell, sell, sell. A lot of age discrimination going on. Management made things so difficult for senior employees that they eventually quit or were terminated, so they could hire a young person with a lower salary, less benefits and lower vacation time. It was a much better company to work for, before the Sky merger, it all went down hill from there.
Pros
Co-workers, federal holidays off
Cons
Pay, high stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8