Huntsville Hospital

Huntsville Hospital Employer Reviews

very good
Nurse Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 1, 2014
Work well coworkers enjoyed working there management very good
Good company to work for.
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: having to see some people that are in pain.
It is an enjoyment to work for a facility that is dedicated to caring for it's patients and their families.
Good place to work for
Visitor Control Officer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 6, 2014
On a typical day you would take post at the ICU Unit and check IDs and control the visitors in and out of the unit. You would learn about the opperations of Huntsville Hospital. The management would come when needed. Your co-workers come to give breakes and assist when needed. The hardest part of the job was during the ICU visitation times. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is helping the families of the patients. – less
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
DEPARTMENT SECRETARY-CHF (Former Employee), EASY ACCESS FROM HOMEFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: to busy for lunch somtime
ALWAYS BUSY, GOOD PLACE TO WORK,
A TYPICAL DAY AT HHS CONSIST OF SCHEDULING ABOUT 30 50 APPOINTMENTS, ANSWERING PHONES, MAKING LAB APPOINTMENTS; MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS HELPING THE PATIENTS, VISITORS, ETC., TO MAKE SURE THEY WERE HAPPY AND SATISIFIED WITH MY SERVICES; WE WERE TEAM PLAYERS-WE HELP EACH OTHER.
I was just a student
Radilogic Technologist/Student (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: just a student
The staff was nice, but management did not seem to see their employees as people but rather as numbers.
Teaching hospital with great doctors and specialities
Adult Critical Care Transport Nurse (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 28, 2014
The minute you hit the time clock in the emergency room you're already on the move. Taking over the current patients in your assigned rooms, preparing for your next patient to come in. You never know what is going to come through the doors in an ambulance or even through the front lobby. You have to be prepared for anything and everything. One of your – more... patients may be an acute MI and your other room might have a broken arm. The 12 hours fly by and in the end you feel as if you've helped at least one person. – less
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: get a bonus yearly
Cons: interrupted breaks, not consistent in disciplinary actions
Just need to be honest with employees and department management needs to get a back bone and start supporting their lower management as well as the staff
Great!
Internship (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 21, 2014
I loved the internship! It was a great experience especially for someone striving to be a pediatrician.
Very organized and efficient company
Patient Care Aide (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 14, 2014
Productive and organized workplace with a passion for their patients.
Employers Don't really care for their employees
Security/Greeter (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 11, 2014
Nothing good to say, for 1 I didn't have a life while working at this hospital.
It was a great place for me to start.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 7, 2014
Some units were difficult (which is to be expected), some were a breeze. I learned a lot. Had some great nurse managers and one, well I think that enjoyed the perks of being a nurse manager. All I can say is I learned a great deal.
Worst job I have had
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), LabJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: co-workers management
I have other positions within this company and have had bad experiences in each. The last position was with the lab and the bad attitudes by co-workers and management was what made this job awful.
Hectic job with lots of stress.
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 19, 2013
Pros: cheap meals.
Cons: very stressful job.
My typical "day" started at 10:30 pm. I walked into an overflowing emergency room with paperwork backlogged for at least one shift. I organized paperwork between registering patients; by 6:30 am the paperwork was organized, charges were entered, and it was ready for coding. There were only two of us on third shift on a typical night; when it settled – more... down, we laughed and talked; it was fun then. The hardest part of the job was getting someone in by helicopter and having to come up with enough information to register them FAST. The best part was the few breaks in activity that helped us keep our sanity. – less
Beware do not work for security here.
Visitor Control Officer (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlabamaDecember 17, 2013
Pros: employee parking
Cons: pay, medical, long hours, lots of derespect.
To start off the managers will lie to you. Second, if you get into a situation they don't care and wont send help. Co-workers were shocked for how long that I lasted (3 months). Hardest part of the job was dealing with out raged people going there. Nothing enjoyable. Don't keep the uniform and they will find a way to cut your pay.
An ok place to work
PCT (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 10, 2013
Pros: you can spend you whole check at work.
Cons: you never really get any breaks and they are always under staffed
It pays the bills would not really recommend to anyone else.
Not the worst job
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee), huntsville,alNovember 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: the stress of the job
I learned at huntsville hospital how to truly be a part of a team and how much I enjoyed working with other people.
Pays the bills
HUA/CNA (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 30, 2013
Very busy environment. Fast paced field, which is good. Not very good management. More concerned with making money then how the employees are treated.
Excellent place to work
Follow Up / Customer Service (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: point system
Huntsville Hospital Systems is an excellent place to work, with wonderful benefits and compensation. Management is very conscious of health care issues in the country as well as in our surrounding areas, and strive to maintain stability for our employees in this challenging time.
Worked in PT, the ER, and a FP clinic over a 13 yr period with HH, Felt like home.
Medical Assistant/ Nurse -Job (Former Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 3, 2013
Huntsville Hospital has been the best employer I have ever had. My hour drive to work was the only negative I could come up with. They take care of their people and I was always happy there. I learned from many mentors and physicians and felt I was always growing.
no appreciation for long term employees!!!
disgruntled (Current Employee), a departmentAugust 15, 2013
Pros: having a job
Cons: noncaring management
if you're not best friends with the management you will go nowhere fast....family matters only matter if its their own...the pay is insulting and the staffing is a joke....if someone tells you months in advance that they are leaving,actually replace them in a timely manner!

1 2 3 4

About Huntsville Hospital

Health Care Authority of the City of Huntsville ensures that residents get the medical attention they need. The┬ávolunteer board – Read more

Huntsville Hospital Photos