Huntsville Hospital

Huntsville Hospital Employer Reviews

nice play to work but bad policies
Supervisor of Registration Services (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 25, 2015
Its was very fun and fulling place to work but the attendance policies were terrible. You have to put in for time off in well over 2 months in advance
Good company
Server (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 10, 2015
Pros: semi stable schedual
Cons: lazy co-workers
Overall a ok place some departments have employees that do not have the proper skills to complete their duty which places a burden on others.
Typical work environment
Phlebotomy (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 2, 2015
A typical night at Huntsville Hospital means being expected to stick at least fifty patients between 12am to 6:30am. The hardest part of my work is the amount of patients we stick every night but I do enjoy my job and know that I have learned so much from being a part of the team here at Huntsville Hospital. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be my patients. Knowing that I get to be a part of their healing process is truly rewarding.
Highly Successful Team Leader
Collections Team Lead (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 26, 2015
As a Collections Team Lead, I direct the activities of a successful collections team to help increase revenue cycle. Although sometimes challenging because of the lack of updated computer systems and office essentials, I continue to provide support, encouragement, continuous training and development to empower the collection team's success in daily tasks completion and collection efforts.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Flexible hours with long working hours.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: enjoyed helping people.
Cons: short lunch breaks.
I worked with great people. I enjoyed meeting new people. I enjoyed helping people. I learned a lot working there. It was a great pleasure to work for a great company that felt like family. We all helped each other.
Huntsville Hospital
Surgical Assistant/ Lead Scheduler (Current Employee), Huntsville, AlFebruary 15, 2015
A great place to work. I started my medical career there and it has been a wonderful place to teach me and give me the tools I need to continue to advance. I am about to complete my Bachelor's and I am hopeful that I can take my clinical experience and move into medical sales.
Calmplace to work
Certfied Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 10, 2015
Constant flow of patient's from differnt culuters. I have learned that all pregnancies are not the same. My co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the job
Great place to work!
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 27, 2015
I could not have had a better experience during my time at Huntsville Hospital. The employees are warm, welcoming, and truly care about the patients.
Productive and educational workplace
Registered Nurse, Psychiatry (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 6, 2015
Typically, I worked 12 hours shifts in all departments I have experience in. Education was always a top priority for me and all staff at Huntsville Hospital. I also consider teamwork to be a very imporant asset at any position. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients.
Exciting and consistently wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 3, 2015
Working at Huntsville Hospital was an incredible experience and my manager, charge nurse, and co-workers were all very team-oriented.
professional
xra tech (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 3, 2015
fasgt pace work place emplyees work well together
work as a team
you have to carry many title as a manager

to be professional at all times becsuse some people you work with
act like 5 yr olds

part of my job is not pleasant because patient in pain have to be moved for certain exams uo just have to be gentle and console them

working of patients and situstions
Poor Management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: cafeteria food is good
Cons: bullying, cliques, gossip, name calling, poor management, stressful workloads, scheduling problems
The HH laboratory is seriously in need of new management. In the interview you are promised so many things and so the job seems perfect at first. If it seems too good to be true at Huntsville Hospital, it probably is. If you look on the HH career site and see several openings for Phlebotomy Techs, it's for a reason. No one wants to work there.

Promised: a Monday-Thursday 10:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. schedule.
Given: an erratic schedule that could end up being 6 nights in a row, with 1 day off. then another 4 nights. Always worked weekends. Not once got a schedule that looked anything like what was promised. Lab coordinator would add you on for extra days, or switch your days around without asking your or even telling you. So then if you don't show up because you didn't know you were on the schedule, they give you an attendance point. It's ludicrous.

Promised: Excellent, thorough training. Walking around with another person to observe and practice. Then have someone follow you around to observe your technique until ready to go alone.
Given: One shift to observe with a trainer who didn't want to have someone following them, so didn't teach anything. Next shift, had to go with someone who did not want to train, only wanted to make me do all the work while she was on her phone. Then thrown out on my own without being asked if ready.

Promised: Manageable workload to start, then gradually add on more patients when comfortable. Start with 25-30 patients per shift, then add on a few more here and there until comfortable sticking 40 or more per shift.
Given: Immediately given 60+ patients – more... to try and get to within one shift. Then, when you can only do 25-30 like you told them you could, nurses yell at you and speak to you as if you are incompetent for not getting the labs drawn on time. Then they write up QRR reports on you, and guess what? The blame is all on you for not getting it done, when you told management all along (and they promised you would get) a manageable workload in the beginning.

It's horrendous. It's stressful.

This is the place for you if you enjoy the following:
1. Bullying
2. Cliques, gossip, and name calling
3. Poor management
4. Workloads that cannot be handled by any one human being
5. Co-workers that call out constantly, leaving you with extra work on top of what you already can't get done
6. Co-workers that then come back to work talking about how they called out to go on a trip or go to a birthday party
7. No consistent schedule
8. No respect for your personal time or life

On a completely different note, the food at Huntsville Hospital's cafeteria is awesome. – less
Typical Work Day
RN (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 24, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: do not always receive lunch breaks
• Engage students in comprehensive, individualized instruction in the observation, assessment, decision-making, and health teaching of clients, including the maintenance of client health and prevention of illness.
• Facilitate development of students’ critical thinking, technical, and professional skills while maintaining the client’s safety and confidentiality.
• Assist students in using nursing process when providing care. Supervise the administration of medications.
• Delegate selected nursing functions to students in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competency.
• Relate assigned readings to students’ clinical assignments.
• Participate in lecture course as needed.
Its is a busy place to work ,you have to keep your wits about you. its quiet one minute and then next it felt like World War III broke out
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 12, 2014
Pros: best nurses and doctors
Cons: too much pressure sometime
a typical day starts busy, and busier, patients being MED Flight from different counties,
Pharmacy
IV Room Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 2, 2014
The pharmacy was not a bad place to work. There were a few people who really cared about the job, and they were nice to work with, but there were way more people who really didn't care, so it made your job harder. The hospital really does not make the employees feel like they are concerned with anything other than making a dime. They cut benefits and raise prices. I would not recommend working there.
Fun
Patient Care Aid (PCA) (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 27, 2014
I had fun and learned a lot. Even as a tech at i haved learned lots from the nurses.
Decent work environment, managment not encouraged to recognize excellence.
Radiology Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: lack of recognition for going above and beyond; don't expect osha mandated breaks.
For the most part, Huntsville Hospital has a great work environment. Great people, busy environment, flexible hours.

Management, however, is not encouraged to recognize excellence in the work place.
cleaned rooms
Housekeeper (Former Employee), 102 sivley rd ,huntsville ,al.35801October 6, 2014
quiet to work closer to childern in school cleaned patients rooms after discharge and while they where patients
very demanding work environment
Hospitality Assistant (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 2, 2014
Pros: stability of the job
Cons: demanding strict schedule with little room for flexibility of work schedule
work load demands are on a tight time frame which can make it hard to do the job with the right attitude and total customer/patient support that maybe required
productive
Catering & C-Store Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
great place to work , fun, everyday interesting

To produce all catering services for the agreed client standard through the catering team
To ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (is accurate within agreed budgeted levels
To manage the quality and hygiene of the food cycle from preparation through to delivery
‘Walk the floor’ during service periods to ensure that excellent levels of service are being delivered to the customers
Ensure the standards across the department are in accordance with the Service Agreements
Ensure the prompt provision and efficient service of all meals and catering requirements at the specified time to the standards laid down in the catering policy
Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to
Customers, clients and staff
Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth both within the contract and the external market
Control all costs such as labor, expenses, and cash purchases as agreed with your department director
Recruit, manage, induct, train, motivate and appraise staff to promote good employee relations and operate within Company procedures, (Staff appraisals to be conducted at least annually)
Hold monthly team briefing meetings

1 2 3 4 5

About Huntsville Hospital

Health Care Authority of the City of Huntsville ensures that residents get the medical attention they need. The volunteer board – Read more

Huntsville Hospital Salaries