Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews

Good working environment with many opportunities to learn
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 7, 2016
There is a focused daily effort to improve the lives of those we serve. You will quickly learn that dealing with the challenges of health care forces you to be efficient, diligent, patient, caring and above all, empathetic. Management is concerned with setting and achieving operational improvement goals. There exists a healthy core of employees who take pride in their work, company and health care delivery approaches. While the unfortunate realization of the limits of health care may be the worst part of the job, the most fulfilling may be helping the patients, their loved-ones and supporters understand and cope with those limitation. There are even moments when, despite all evidence to the contrary, the outcomes are positive. That is the big win for me.
Pros
Benefits, community outreach
Cons
Negative patient outcomes
Challenging department that drew forth my best on a daily basis
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 4, 2016
This position increased my confidence in myself and my abilities as a nurse. Typical workday was 12 hours a day, and fast paced. Wonderful co-workers who are passionate about what they do. The hardest part of my job was seeing the most critical patients on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction that patients were receiving quality care in a supportive environment.
Pros
Rewarding, fast-paced
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Fun Work Place
ENV (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2016
Every day is an busy day at Huntsville Hospital. Very fast pace work environment. Some day are more crazy then other. There is always something new each and every day, good and bad.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Advancement
good place to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 5, 2015
Good place to learn hands on basic nursing skills. Good management and awesome teamwork. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
short breaks
Very clean .
CNA, Medic (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 20, 2015
Productive, fun and awesome place to work at. I learnt so much here especially because i was just getting introduced to the medical field but so far things turned out for the best and i am grateful for the opportunity.
Huntsville Hospital is a great place to work
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 22, 2015
Huntsville Hospital is a excellent place for employment it is also a learning and growth place to be. they have good benefits you are rewarded for the work you put out.
Listed In Top 10 Best Workplaces
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 21, 2015
Huntsville Hospital is a fast growing hospital that's on the cutting edge of healthcare. The department I work within is constantly turning over in Case Managers and Social Workers due to the workload which show the high number of admissions within the hospital.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Limited Advancement Opportunities
Huntsville Hospital is an incredible, forward thinking organization.
Director of Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 20, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working at Huntsville Hospital. I have experienced tremendous personal growth and look forward to many more years in this organization.

I enjoy the strategic planning that my job allows as well as the day to day operational improvements that I am involved in. I believe I bring a unique perspective to my role because of my vast experience in many roles and services. Huntsville Hospital is one of the largest community-owned health systems in the U.S. which has allowed me to gain critical knowledge in finance, quality and operations as our health system has experienced considerable growth. Our surgical volumes and quality are among the nations best while doing so with some of the most challenging reimbursement in the nation. My worked man-hours per case is consistently the lowest in my compare groups (in most cases considerably lower). I love to embrace new challenges whatever they may be.
Pros
Large organization, diverse services
Great place to work for
RN/Cardiac/Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 18, 2015
Fun and educational place to work for. Fast past place to work. I enjoyed talking with and helping patient via in the office or over the phone. I didn't like that I felt I didn't have enough time to spend with each patient in the exam rooms.
HH is a great place to begin working at to gain experience.
FT REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 9, 2015
Although HH is a great health system that is great to learn and gain experience, I don't feel it is a company to stay at for a lengthy period of time. The culture, people and atmosphere is great; however, there are no job advancements and minimal raises granted. The income for starting nurses is below state average.
Pros
People, Experience, Atmosphere
Cons
Money, Incentives, Advancements
A great place to work
PBX/PRC Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 4, 2015
Fun workplace,Great place to work and help people out and use your customer service skill. Colleagues are very welcome to a new employee.
Enjoyable place to work with great benefits.
Telephone Technician/Network Support Tech I (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 30, 2015
Fun place to work. Most enjoyable part of the job was resolving customers' issues and interacting with patients and their family members. Hardest part of the job was trying to address work orders in a timely fashion being that we were extremely understaffed within our IT Telecom group.
big hosital with lots of learning
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 25, 2015
I had got this job right out of school. I have learned so much from this hospital. My coworkers were a great team of people. This job is an ideal place to learn new skills and have a great career.
Pros
getting to learn new skills and good solid company
Cons
night shift is always hard
Hard worker,love children,self motivated
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Huntsville,AlSeptember 5, 2015
I am a hard worker looking to change my career in medical field to working with children. I have always loved working with children. I want to change my career into what I love and passionate about and that is children.
Pros
great job
Cons
want to work with children
Good Place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  HuntsvilleSeptember 4, 2015
Good place to work. I would recommend. I spent 14 years as an employee and would still be there had I not changed job fields. I still have friends there and if you are going into the Medical profession it is a great place to work.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Its cooperate and at the end of the day your just a number.
Huntsville Hospital has become a very large place with lots of multi tasking daily
insurance biller/follow up (Current Employee) –  huntsville alabamaAugust 28, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Huntsville Hospital and get along well with my coworkers , due to my office relocating to Madison Alabama and me living in Tennessee i prefer to not drive a hout and half to work daily . I have recently Married and been single for many years and for my homelife situation the commute is going to be difficult . Currently I pay Alabama Taxes and live in Tennessee and would prefer a job located in Tennessee.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Medical Field is very Fast paced
Patient Financial Services
Patient Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 27, 2015
A Professional, fast paced, team working environment. You work directly and indirectly with multiple areas. You have opportunity to learn multiple job skills within the department. Standard amount of Politics which is normal for a Very Large Not for Profit Organization.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Job Advancement is minimal in this specific department
I loved woking with Huntsville Hospital and the staff.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 20, 2015
I loved my hours. I loved my supervisors and management team. I really regret that they had to close this department down and start outsourcing the work to MedScribe. I was able to go to work for MedScribe, but it is not the same.
Good Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 3, 2015
An usual night at work is pretty hectic as any other hospital floor at the beginning of the shift, and being understaffed doesn't help. I've learned an abundance of things, such as working with a very diverse patient load. Co-workers are the best on my floor with helping, coaching, and teaching. There really is no hard part of the job, but challenges do arise, it's all about how you handle them. The joy of my job is patient care, we have a lot of frequent patients, so you get to know them and their families.
Not a lot of chances of advancement.
Support Services (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 21, 2015
No two days are ever a like. I have worked with some great people. I have also learned not matter how hard you work, you can get stepped over for a promotion for someone that happens to be a friend of a supervisor, instead of having the experience or seniority.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
No room for advancement. May not get a break for hours.