Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 19, 2017
A typical day at Huntsville Hospital was quite productive and fast paced, lots of work. I enjoyed management for the most part, typical as long as you did your job they stayed out of your way. The job itself was not hard, we just had extremely busy days from time to time. The most enjoyable part of course would be my co workers and getting to know the patients.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
short breaks, pay
Productive and a good place for advancement
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. I was very saddened that I had to relocate due to spouse being in the military. Would definitely work there again given the opportunity.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
long hours on feet
Productive and fast pace
EEG Tech (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 18, 2017
Enjoyed the type of work I performed and loved the hospital facility. I did have to drive a distance for the job. Tech's we're required to take call once a month that would be for 7 days straight along with your regular work hours and it was extremely stressful and would really take a toll mentally on the tech. I feel that because of the amount of call it could easily interfere with the job performance of the tech's.
Pros
Benefits were excellent and wonderful cafeteria food
Cons
Call
Ne
Phlebotomy Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 18, 2017
It was for my clinical rotations. I enjoyed working and learning from the phlebotomist I was assigned to. I got a lot of hands on experience and would recommend HH.
Review
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 16, 2017
I have chosen not to provide a review of my current employer. This is based solely upon personal choice and not any indication of positivity and/or negativity
Hospital Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 14, 2017
Transported employee staff to and from hospital and parking lot. Management was great. Early morning job is hardest part.
Blessed to have a job. Learned
worked with great people
MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 14, 2017
The job itself was a little stressful but the people were great and made it rewarding. The hardest part was keeping it all organized due to the volume of the tasks.
Fast pace, exemplary clean kitchen and staff team work.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 12, 2017
Although I chose to explore other options, Huntsville hospital allowed opportunity. My role as part of the kitchen staff was not fascinating, but important. I was a dishwasher and expedite.
Stressful with low pay
Food & Nutrition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 29, 2017
days at work can very from obstacle to obstacle, I spent most of my time putting out fires from employees that did not have a sense of responsibility.
Pros
learned how to work with civilians after 20 years in the Military
Cons
work culture is negative
Diverse Imaging Department
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 29, 2017
Huntsville Hospital is a level 1-2 trauma center. This means that many of the inpatients are in a pretty critical condition. I did enjoyed the fast paced work environment at Huntsville Hospital. I prefer an outpatient setting because, I can improve the patient's spirits in the little time that we share.
Pros
Great place to start a career the sky is the limit!
Cons
Too much competition within the department
Medical Records Tech/ Phys. Office Rep (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 28, 2017
HH is a good place to work depending on where and what manager you work infer. Alot of office politics/favoritism, etc.. the benefits are great and I'm most places the work environment is as well. Make sure there is room for advancement if you intend to do so before accepting a position
Very pleasant place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 22, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Huntsville Hospital. The only reason that I left was due medical problems which prevented me from doing most of the things that the position called for.
The Behavioral Health Unit is where I worked the longest period of time.
Scheduled PRN every othrer weekend (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 22, 2017
I enjoyed my job very much but had to leave for better hours, as I have school-aged children. When I began working there I had no children and was FT. As my family grew, I was forced to go to PT and ultimately PRN.
Good place to work sometimes
cook (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 14, 2017
The work is ok but the managers treat the employee like they do not know there jobs.But we do it everyday and know about what other employees like and dislike.They are always finding faults and never give anyone a good word for the work you do.
Pros
knowing that sometime you make a person feel good
Cons
treated unfairly
Hh
RN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 2, 2017
Great job. Best place I have ever worked. The people are friendly and professional. I would recommend this job to others in the nursing field. I would work there again.
Monopoly
Transport Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 1, 2017
Huntsville hospital is becoming a monopoly. Before long you will have no choice but to work there. The parking stinks. Its low pay, and you are over worked and under appreciated. Co workers are 2 faced
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Low pay
no advancement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 31, 2017
does not care to promote you i don't know why i m doing this because i did not want to this is annoying i wish i wasn't doing this i just wantt a job not talk about m past one
competitive but ok
Patient Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 29, 2017
good but low pay just need better pay overall and more benefits for prn employees that are working full time but under prn work status just need a better place
Pros
good working people
Cons
low pay
Fast paced
RN LABOR AND DELIVERY (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 25, 2017
Fast paced, poor nurse staffing ratios, a lot of busy work like CBL's and extra double charting.
Poor Morale on some units due to high turnovers, a lot of new grads.
benefits
Cons
short or no breaks
no advancement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 25, 2017
Pay was low, no room for advancement. Management wouldn't put you on a shift that would balance out your home life with kids and other responsibilities and then complain when you was late or called in.