Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 14, 2016
A day at work consists of getting an assignment with usually four or five patients. You receive bedside report from the off going nurse. I then do full assessments on all of my patients. I will administer medications, do neurological checks every two hours, call the doctor if needed, and educate patients on their care. I have learned many things while working. I have learned how to time manage and care for several patients. Co-workers are very supportive and help when they know you need help. I enjoy working for Huntsville Hospital.
Great work place
Clinical Charge Nurse , Trauma Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 1, 2016
Mentally preparing yourself for a day in the ER is beneficial . Decompressing after stressful traumas or shifts help with burnout . Typically you are given an assignment , which is the beds tug will have for the shift . Each ahift is different and bed assignments vary from triage, to fast track , and trauma . I work with a very amazing group of nurses and health care workers . I learn daily and have been honored to be a part of this team and organization .
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Long hours, mental exhaustion
Working for Huntsville Hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 21, 2016
Huntsville Hospital is a great place to work at. I work about 12 hours a day one to three times a week and its easy to balance out what days you can work/can't work. The hours are long but I like it. I have learned a lot more at Huntsville Hospital than I ever would have at a nursing home. The management is great, I have never worked for someone that was so understanding, fair, and kind. I love my co-workers to death!! My nurse's are amazing and my fellow tech's are cool.I couldn't ask for a better team to work with. When there is nothing else I can't do for my patient is the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part is that we have great team work.
Pros
Free parking, Uniform sales, Class
Cons
The benefits, Scheduling class when you work
Typical day
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 13, 2016
Typical day at work, pagers constantly going off!!! every thing going at 145ml/hr, required 4 hrs charting and 30 min follow up charting, where some days i see my computer more than i do my sick pt lying in the room.
Most enjoyable, when you witness a infected wound healed, or my pts recover from severe illnesses, and you know you played a major part in that recovery.
Overall was a great experience working there.
Pros
nOT SURE
Cons
NOT SURE
Enjoyable, everyone works together and great co-workers
Cha (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 20, 2016
I am a charge nurse on weekends. I genaerally do all my charge nurse duties and then help out on floor with my co-workers. I have learned a lot about management and staffing since being in my role. My co-workers are great and we work well as a team and most of all they are my family. The hardest part of my job is having to listen to c/o from patients and family members, thankfully I don't get a lot. The most enjoyable part of my day is for a patient to tell us how much they appreciate what we did for them.
Pros
2nd Hospital in state of alabama being recogonized by US World Report
Cons
Not always making our budget and not getting a raise
Best workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 30, 2016
I love working at HH, this has been a stepping stone to make up my mind on pursuing a nursing career because I get support from managers, colleagues and patients. I actually love this job. And there are ways for career advancement, great work environment
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Under staffed
Great learning experience
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 29, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my clinical rotations at Huntsville Hospital. All of the staff I worked with were incredibly friendly and a fountain of knowledge. Each staff member I worked with contributed to my education as a student nurse.
A rewarding place to work.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 26, 2016
It is very rewarding to care for the patients and their families. When a patient sincerely says thank you for taking good care of me and goes home feeling better, that is a wonderful feeling. The most difficult part of my job is when a patient dies.
Hard to maintain a balance
Huntsville (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 19, 2016
The people and culture are great. My coworkers are like a second family. However we are constantly asked to do more with less benefits. They change things like our health insurance with barely a notice. If I were better compensated I wouldn't be looking elsewhere.
Engaging
Registered Nurse, Coronary Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 17, 2016
A typical day at work at Huntsville Hospital included assessment of each patient (up to 2) in the CCU, medicating patients, and then spending time charting what you had done. Patients were critical, so interventions would take priority over charting. I learned a lot about The hypothermia process after cardiac arrest, interventions for specific problems for patients with different lines and medication drips, and I learned a lot about the dying process and comfort care measures. My co workers were very helpful, educated, and skilled at what they did, and always willing to help me with something new or problems. The hardest part of the job was caring for the same patient for a long period of time and saying goodbye to them, and helping their family through the dying process. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was learning new things about disease processes, technology, and equipment such as Swan catheters and balloon pumps.
Pros
Engaging and complex
Cons
Difficulties with patient deaths
Productive place of employment
Pain Management, Job duties (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2016
This was a great job. Management was top-notch. I enjoyed working with the pain management doctors, nurses, and the patients I dealt with on a daily basis were very enjoyable. I would love to work for this company again if ever given the opportunity.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 11, 2016
Great place to work. Plenty of room to grow and learn new skills. Amazing benefits. Huntsville Hospital gives you the opportunity to reach outside of the box and beacome anything your heart desires.
It has many pros and cons to working there.
Senior Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 12, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Huntsville hospital. I am trying to find a job with better benefits and pay. The benefits have just changed to the point I can't really afford it.
Workplace Enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/PCT) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 22, 2016
Great team work the RN's were always willing to lend a hand to help the techs and the other techs that worked were always helpful and understanding. Great place to work
Postpartum
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 25, 2016
Happy floor to work on, Caring for new mothers and infants. A typical start of the day is to check on the status of the patient. Check on how are they doing, what they need. What orders need to carried out . Organization and preparation a must to help secure an easier flowing day in caring of patients throughout the day. Co-workers, great team members. Hardest part of the job, is when the health of either the mother or the infant turns bad. The long 12 hour shifts can sometimes become so exhausting, but the days off are great. Postpartum a great place to work.
Pros
caring for happy, healthy patients.
Cons
long 12 hour shifts
I love working with my coworkers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2016
I love working with coworkers.My supervisor promise me a day shift and never gave it to me working 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. I didn't like it but was waiting to go to days. When I didn't get dayshift had to find a day time job.
Pros
I love working with people
Cons
The 12 hour shifts
Fellow employees are great. Management has become inflexible, difficult.
Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801April 16, 2016
The hospital used to be a great place to work. The friendships I made are still some of my best. Unfortunately, administration/management have become to worried about whether or not a patients "happy" with their stay and care as if staying at a hotel. Going to a hospital isn't always fun and unfortunately can be a painful undertaking.
Pros
Free employee parking
Cons
Difficult management. Experienced staff isn't encouraged to stay.
CO-workers make all the difference
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 18, 2016
The employees of the ER make this a great place to work.
Otherwise, HH does not pay employees enough for the daily work challenges and demands.
Nice work back
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 12, 2016
It's the top hospital for a reason. They expect a lot out of you and there is always something going on. Stay on track and you will do fine. Obey every single rule.
Good work experience for new nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 4, 2016
The nurse will have three to five patients. The new nurse will learn how to treat and prep cardiovascular patients for surgery. The hardest part of the job is time management. Having five patient is over baring and should not happen. Co-workers are supportive and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients get well and being part of there recovery.
Pros
Being able to help people
Cons
Not getting an uninterrupted lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntsville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.