Huntsville Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Postpartum
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 25, 2016
Happy floor to work on, Caring for new mothers and infants. A typical start of the day is to check on the status of the patient. Check on how are they doing, what they need. What orders need to carried out . Organization and preparation a must to help secure an easier flowing day in caring of patients throughout the day. Co-workers, great team members. Hardest part of the job, is when the health of either the mother or the infant turns bad. The long 12 hour shifts can sometimes become so exhausting, but the days off are great. Postpartum a great place to work.
Pros
caring for happy, healthy patients.
Cons
long 12 hour shifts
High speed work environment
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 18, 2016
Not a bad place to work if you can survive in a very high speed work environment. Good people and good benefits. It's shift work and involves a very high level of integrity.
Fellow employees are great. Management has become inflexible, difficult.
Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801April 16, 2016
The hospital used to be a great place to work. The friendships I made are still some of my best. Unfortunately, administration/management have become to worried about whether or not a patients "happy" with their stay and care as if staying at a hotel. Going to a hospital isn't always fun and unfortunately can be a painful undertaking.
Pros
Free employee parking
Cons
Difficult management. Experienced staff isn't encouraged to stay.
over worked and underpaid
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 11, 2016
over worked and underpaid and short on staffing. morality was always down. nurses were over worked and under staffed which made you question the safeness for the patients
Good work experience for new nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 4, 2016
The nurse will have three to five patients. The new nurse will learn how to treat and prep cardiovascular patients for surgery. The hardest part of the job is time management. Having five patient is over baring and should not happen. Co-workers are supportive and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients get well and being part of there recovery.
Pros
Being able to help people
Cons
Not getting an uninterrupted lunch.
Many job opportunities.
Psychiatric Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 29, 2016
A day at work is not like any other. The staff are great and hardest part is dealing with unhappy people. Good job with many opportunities.
Pros
staff
Cons
Huntsville Hospital is an advanced healthcare facility dedicated to providing quality patient care.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 21, 2016
I enjoyed everyday at Huntsville Hospital. I was awarded the opportunity to learn from various healthcare professionals and apply my knowledge and skills to meet the needs of individual clients.
This job is a fast pace, where perfection is our goal. I am this kind of person. I love the fact we are helping people, maybe even saving lives!
Central processing Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 3, 2016
I am a central processor at Huntsville Hospital in the Laboratory. Our day starts out slow. We do a lot of out patient work, for example blood work, or other labs for patients. The day gets real busy around lunch, we just tighten our belts and do what is necessary to complete each job correctly and in a timely manner. I have learned I can work in stressful environments when needed. We work hand in hand with secretaries, nurses, and doctors to take care of patients. I would say the hardest part is being perfect at a fast pace, but the patients are counting on us, so we do the best possible.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
regularly working weekends- we work short staffed
Excellent place to work and grow to better serve
Safety and Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801February 27, 2016
I've been at the Huntsville Hospital since 2001 and have progressed with the assistance of a great leadership. While they care very much for their employees I've reach my progressive limit within the department.
Pros
True concern for their employees
Provides job training necessary for future employment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 8, 2016
Each rotation of my internship at the hospital has provided valuable experience so when I apply for employment I will have the much needed experience rather than none. I go to work each day at the hospital for 5 hours Monday through Friday.
Pros
Gaining valuable experience
Cons
It is an unpaid internship
Good working environment with many opportunities to learn
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 7, 2016
There is a focused daily effort to improve the lives of those we serve. You will quickly learn that dealing with the challenges of health care forces you to be efficient, diligent, patient, caring and above all, empathetic. Management is concerned with setting and achieving operational improvement goals. There exists a healthy core of employees who take pride in their work, company and health care delivery approaches. While the unfortunate realization of the limits of health care may be the worst part of the job, the most fulfilling may be helping the patients, their loved-ones and supporters understand and cope with those limitation. There are even moments when, despite all evidence to the contrary, the outcomes are positive. That is the big win for me.
Pros
Benefits, community outreach
Cons
Negative patient outcomes
Challenging department that drew forth my best on a daily basis
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 4, 2016
This position increased my confidence in myself and my abilities as a nurse. Typical workday was 12 hours a day, and fast paced. Wonderful co-workers who are passionate about what they do. The hardest part of my job was seeing the most critical patients on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction that patients were receiving quality care in a supportive environment.
Pros
Rewarding, fast-paced
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Fun Work Place
ENV (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2016
Every day is an busy day at Huntsville Hospital. Very fast pace work environment. Some day are more crazy then other. There is always something new each and every day, good and bad.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Advancement
good place to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 5, 2015
Good place to learn hands on basic nursing skills. Good management and awesome teamwork. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
short breaks
Very clean .
CNA, Medic (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 20, 2015
Productive, fun and awesome place to work at. I learnt so much here especially because i was just getting introduced to the medical field but so far things turned out for the best and i am grateful for the opportunity.
Huntsville Hospital is a great place to work
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 22, 2015
Huntsville Hospital is a excellent place for employment it is also a learning and growth place to be. they have good benefits you are rewarded for the work you put out.
Listed In Top 10 Best Workplaces
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 21, 2015
Huntsville Hospital is a fast growing hospital that's on the cutting edge of healthcare. The department I work within is constantly turning over in Case Managers and Social Workers due to the workload which show the high number of admissions within the hospital.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Limited Advancement Opportunities
Huntsville Hospital is an incredible, forward thinking organization.
Director of Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 20, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working at Huntsville Hospital. I have experienced tremendous personal growth and look forward to many more years in this organization.

I enjoy the strategic planning that my job allows as well as the day to day operational improvements that I am involved in. I believe I bring a unique perspective to my role because of my vast experience in many roles and services. Huntsville Hospital is one of the largest community-owned health systems in the U.S. which has allowed me to gain critical knowledge in finance, quality and operations as our health system has experienced considerable growth. Our surgical volumes and quality are among the nations best while doing so with some of the most challenging reimbursement in the nation. My worked man-hours per case is consistently the lowest in my compare groups (in most cases considerably lower). I love to embrace new challenges whatever they may be.
Pros
Large organization, diverse services
Great place to work for
RN/Cardiac/Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 18, 2015
Fun and educational place to work for. Fast past place to work. I enjoyed talking with and helping patient via in the office or over the phone. I didn't like that I felt I didn't have enough time to spend with each patient in the exam rooms.
HH is a great place to begin working at to gain experience.
FT REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 9, 2015
Although HH is a great health system that is great to learn and gain experience, I don't feel it is a company to stay at for a lengthy period of time. The culture, people and atmosphere is great; however, there are no job advancements and minimal raises granted. The income for starting nurses is below state average.
Pros
People, Experience, Atmosphere
Cons
Money, Incentives, Advancements